NRL rd 21 - Business End of the Season!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NRL rd 21 - Business End of the Season!!

sports freak
07-26-2006, 09:11 AM
What an absolute beauties of matches on this weekend,i feel like im playin poker n been handed 4of a kind or Straight Flush with the bookies being very generous imo,no complaints here :)

Some Early leans n most likey plays due to the confidence of the pics!!

Cronulla Sharks -1.5 over Newcastle Knights
New Zealand Warriors +3.5 over Penrith Panthers
Parramatta Eels -5.5 over Manly Sea Eagles
Canberra Raiders -7.5 over South Sydney Rabbitohs
Brisbane Broncos -12.5 over West Tigers
St George Dragons -1.5 over Melbourne Storms
North Queensland Cowboys -3.5pts over Sydney Roosters

Wow after looking at all those pics 6/7 are all favs :eek: I feel this is the week where the big forwards stand up!!

Explainations of the pics!!

Cronulla sharks have a sick record at Sharks park against the Knights n will be hungry for a win plus thier forward pack will be too much aswell!!

Same again with the Warriors,should be too brutal for Penrith!!

Parramatta are just on fire,riding with the flow!!

Raiders will be too much for the hapless Bunnies!!

Broncos after their worst display will put away n injury ravaged Tigers by 20+!!

Dragons will be up for this one n their forward pack is brutal in size!!

Cowboys on the up,Rooster on the way down,choice is soo obvious :rolleyes:

Any comments are more then welcome :)

good_gambler
07-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I think Melbourne will show why they should be outright premiership favourites this weekend.

I'd be wary of Canberra. Been playing excellent for their team on paper but just how will they react to being solid favourites over a team they should beat easily?
Also, Souths have to win soon don't they?

Really like Cronulla over Newcastle as well. Newcastle are playing rubbish and will be flat out making the eight.

Brisbane should show whether they will show up for the back end of the season or fall in a heap. Surely not again this season Brisbane! :rolleyes:

Just my opinion. :D

sports freak
07-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I think Melbourne will show why they should be outright premiership favourites this weekend.

I'd be wary of Canberra. Been playing excellent for their team on paper but just how will they react to being solid favourites over a team they should beat easily?
Also, Souths have to win soon don't they?

Really like Cronulla over Newcastle as well. Newcastle are playing rubbish and will be flat out making the eight.

Brisbane should show whether they will show up for the back end of the season or fall in a heap. Surely not again this season Brisbane! :rolleyes:

Just my opinion. :D

Some nice thoughts :)

andrew057
07-27-2006, 05:58 PM

Agreed GG, Storm even at this late stage of the season are still not getting the recognition they deserve. They have a great, mobile pack. Crocker returning from suspension a few weeks back has only added to this, before he was suspended, imo he was far and away the best back rower in the comp.

This weekend also see's the return of the NRL's brightest star in Greg Inglis. It will be interesting to see where he lines up with the back line already strong as hell. I maybe expect to see Inglis slot into the centres with Webster returning to the wing. Unfortunately that means Turner will move to the bench. But I cant see Bellamy moving Slater with the form hes in at this stage.

Bolar Bolabi
07-28-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm considering the over tonight.

good_gambler
07-28-2006, 05:15 AM
I don't know Bolar.
Don't know what the weather is like but neither teams racked up big points lately.

Feels like a 20-10 ish game to me.
Then again, what do I know. :lol:

Bolar Bolabi
07-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Either way, Cronulla will win

sports freak
07-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Either way, Cronulla will win

Agree :) Does anyone know the whether is like at Shark Park?Gucci one? 42.5pts looks abit low so therefor leaning on the unders,especially if its gonna be abit greasy with finals postions up for grabs in this game!!Just looked at the size of the Sharks players last week compared to the Knights and they look like freakin monsters compared to the rug rats on Melbourne!!Bring it home Sharkies for bait!

dave nz
07-28-2006, 07:20 AM
The stinkin Sharks ??????????!!!!!??????

sports freak
07-28-2006, 07:43 AM
The stinkin Sharks ??????????!!!!!??????

Yep :scared: Bookies are being lenient on the Sharks in this one,They are too big n too fast for the Knights imo,also they own Newcastle at home!!Too much for Joey to take on Dykes n Noddy at the same time,cant believe i just said that agianst the Immortal :eek: !!

30 units on Cronulla Sharks 1.85 over Newcastle Knights - Sharks to walk it home imo,scoreline 26-16/22-14!!!

Good luck!! :)

Bolar Bolabi
07-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Cronulla Sharks @ $1.93

sports freak
07-30-2006, 01:17 AM
A few crackers this arvo,plenty of big hits therefor you go with the Big forwards e.g Broncos/Cowboys/Dragons over thier opponents!!!

50 units on Brisbane Broncos -12.5pts over West Tigers - The line will be over by half time,this time Tate n Hodges will have a field day!!!Broncos by 30+ imo

40 units on North Queensland Cowboys -4.5pts over Sydney Roosters - Rooster's in turmoil everyones leaving the club,while Cowboys got alot more to play for!!!

30 units on St George Dragons 1.81 over Melbourne Storms - Home team will be up for this one,Dragons big forwards will get em home!!!!!

Good luck - All favourites in the NRL/AFL 2day!!!

good_gambler
07-30-2006, 04:21 AM
Love to have your confidence with the Broncos Freak but don't want to bet on them covering because who knows and to win outright is pathetic odds so sitting that game out. Really really hope your right though!

Going against you with the Dragons though.

Melbourne over Dragons @ $2.05
Stake: 1.5 unit

Cowboys - 4.5 over Roosters
Stake: 1 unit

Bolar Bolabi
07-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Melbourne Storm @ $2

good_gambler
07-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Love to have your confidence with the Broncos Freak but don't want to bet on them covering because who knows and to win outright is pathetic odds so sitting that game out. Really really hope your right though!

Going against you with the Dragons though.

Melbourne over Dragons @ $2.05
Stake: 1.5 unit

Cowboys - 4.5 over Roosters
Stake: 1 unit
YTD: 1-1 (+0.5 unit)

sports freak
07-31-2006, 11:08 AM
A few crackers this arvo,plenty of big hits therefor you go with the Big forwards e.g Broncos/Cowboys/Dragons over thier opponents!!!

50 units on Brisbane Broncos -12.5pts over West Tigers - The line will be over by half time,this time Tate n Hodges will have a field day!!!Broncos by 30+ imo

40 units on North Queensland Cowboys -4.5pts over Sydney Roosters - Rooster's in turmoil everyones leaving the club,while Cowboys got alot more to play for!!!

30 units on St George Dragons 1.81 over Melbourne Storms - Home team will be up for this one,Dragons big forwards will get em home!!!!!

Good luck - All favourites in the NRL/AFL 2day!!!

0-4 for the weekend,geez ez the 2min noodles n bread n water was really tasty,especially the chicken flavoured noodles :rolleyes: