Do I hear Safin vs. Federer? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do I hear Safin vs. Federer?

SaFed2005
01-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Wow! A great win for Safin... Such a close match!!! It was anyone's match...

Hopefully Federer will win his semifinal so that we can see the Safin Federer final.........

Mane
01-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Federer will win semi and final

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 01:51 PM
I am glad the bald-headed eagle is out! Now, come on Roger, win it!

undomiele
01-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Who ever makes it to the final tween Feds and Ferrero will probably win. I think Safin *has* to be tired by now (despite the 2 days rest) the guy's only human!!! But it seems all predictions go out the window when this guy plays so theres no way Im betting on it.

renatoal
01-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Safin x Ferrero >> Champion: Safin
Safin x Federer >> Champion: Federer

faboozadoo15
01-29-2004, 08:24 PM
go federer!!! make this one happen.

although i'll admit i would have liked a federer andre final just as much.

RogiFan88
01-29-2004, 08:36 PM
well... if it were to be a Fed/AA final, then I wouldn't have any trouble cheering for Rogi... but if it's either a Fed/Safin or a Ferrero/Safin final... it's just TOO difficult... I love them all! The worst w be if Juanqui lost to Maratski for a 1-5 in slam/TMC finals! IF Maratski lost to Rogi, it w also be a heartbreaker, losing twice at the same slam... but I w love for Rogi to win his 2nd slam too!!

My DILEMMA!!!! :p

May the best player win tonight, Rogi or Juanqui!! ;)

andylover_16
01-29-2004, 08:41 PM
congratulations safin!:yeah:..great game..

safin vs. federer....i wouldnt put my bet on either one to win..they are both definatly really talented, but if it ends up being these two..i feel it will be a tight match...

*better for Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt Next Year Hopefully:p:)

andylover_16
01-29-2004, 08:42 PM
May the best player win tonight, Rogi or Juanqui!! ;)

one match/gs win doesnt really determine the "best player" imo...unless you meant something else by that..and sorry if you did:)

Aphex
01-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Federer vs. Safin, that's my dream match-up. I root for Safin, but if the match happens I can go into hibernation for the rest of the year. ;)

SaFed2005
01-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Safin x Ferrero >> Champion: Safin
Safin x Federer >> Champion: Federer

Completely agree with ya!! but u never know Safin might pull it off even against Roger... Ferrero got no chance at the moment.....

Billabong
01-30-2004, 01:06 AM
These matches ae so unpredictable! And that's why these matches are so exciting! I really want Rogi to win the tournament, but there are some tough matches coming up! GOOOOO FED!!!

darnyelb
01-30-2004, 02:53 AM
If it came down to between Safin & Federer, for the first time ever I would not know whom to root for.

If they're at their bests this match should be stunning.

SaFed2005
01-30-2004, 01:14 PM
I dunno who too root for either.... This is a really tough one. But I hope Federer wins and I am pretty sure he will. Although it may be a very close match, he will probably come through. But u never know with Marat on the ohter side, he might as well play the best tennis of his life. It would be an awesome comeback for him if he wins the AO... They both took care of such tough opponents on their way to the final... They both deserve to win equally...

Unlike Ferroro who I thought shouldn't have even made it to the semi- he didn't play one good opponent till roger... and once he got there he got pretty much owned... Yes he was injured and all that whatever... just another excuse!!!

Dr. Laborious
01-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Unlike Ferroro who I thought shouldn't have even made it to the semi- he didn't play one good opponent till roger... and once he got there he got pretty much owned... Yes he was injured and all that whatever... just another excuse!!!

:fiery:

oxy
01-30-2004, 03:30 PM

yeah yeah excuses...trust me ferrero will fall in the rankings becos of his injuries n come back in 2005 to defeat an injury stricken federer!!!!