Chat with FERNANDO GONZALEZ, 3 p.m. ET [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Chat with FERNANDO GONZALEZ, 3 p.m. ET

mangoes
07-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Chat with Fernando Gonzalez, 3 p.m. ET

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/index

Scroll down under Andy's big announcement to find link to submit your questions.

Fergie
07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info! :yeah:

olimpo
07-25-2006, 07:32 PM
:yeah: Thanks so much for letting us know mangoes....would have missed it without you ;)

+alonso
07-25-2006, 07:49 PM
¿Que le puedo preguntar?!!! :lol:

What could I ask to Feña!!!!

+alonso
07-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok, I already have 2 submitted quiestions

+alonso
07-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Alonso, Talca, Chile!: Hi again! Feña, How was it to play mixed doubles in the past GS? What did you learn after it? Thanks

SportsNation Fernando Gonzalez: (3:18 PM ET ) I had a lot of fun. It was a learning experience. It was the first time that I played against a girl. It was a really nice experience. If I have a chance to do it again, I will.

:woohoo: :p

NicoFan
07-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Great guestion Alonso! :yeah: And cute answer by Fernando! :)

He's so cute playing mixed doubles with Gisela - and he's a gentleman out there too!

I'm waiting for the full transcript of the chat.

NicoFan
07-25-2006, 08:41 PM
This was my favorite answer.... :haha:

Kurtis (Florida): Who's the one guy you would want on the other side of the grass to play against for a Wimbeldon Championship?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:11 PM ET ) The last player in the rankings!

:lol:

RogiFan88
07-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Aww... I'm too late...

GonzoFan
07-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Oh no!!! I missed the chat! :sobbing: :bigcry: :sobbing:

Great that he answered your question, Alonso! :yeah:

Originally Posted by NicoFan
This was my favorite answer.... :haha:

yeah, that was funny! :lol:

GonzoFan
07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Transcript -
Thanks to mangoes for posting this in GM.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Buzzmaster: (2:48 PM ET ) Fernando will be here at the top of the hour to answer your questions! Keep them coming in.

Buzzmaster: (3:07 PM ET ) Fernando is joining us before he plays doubles later this afternoon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin: (Kingsport, TN): How many hours of training a day in the life of a top professional tennis player?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:08 PM ET ) It depends. During the tournament, on your free days, sometimes 2 or three hours. In the offseason, there is a lot, maybe 4-5 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spence (Calgary): You've beaten both Sampras and Agassi, which was a bigger feat for you?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:08 PM ET ) It was different. I beat Sampras in my first good year. Sampras was my idol. Agassi, I beat him in a semifinal and he was No. 1 in the world. They were different.

Samantha, St. Cloud Minnesota: What is your favorite Grand Slam to play and why?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:09 PM ET ) I like the French Open. I feel that all the countries respect that tournament. In Latin countries like mine, everyone plays on clay.

Alely Safina (Ventura CA): Hola Feña! From your perspective, how do you think this year has gone for you?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:10 PM ET ) I didn't have a good beginning, with the injury to my shoulder. I feel really good now. I think I'm going to have a really good tournament here in the states.

Duke (Queens): La Reina - Would you trade your Gold and Bronze Medals for a Grand Slam Tournament title?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:11 PM ET ) I don't know. It's different. I already won those. It was a big deal for me and my country. I hope to win a Grand Slam soon and then have both!

Kurtis (Florida): Who's the one guy you would want on the other side of the grass to play against for a Wimbeldon Championship?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:11 PM ET ) The last player in the rankings!

Kuo: (Fonyuan, Taiwan): Is strength training very important in tennis, or is conditioning more important?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:12 PM ET ) Both things are important. If you have the best tennis, and you're not in the best tennis you can only play for a short time. But if you're the best athlete and don't have the game. You need a good mix.

Michael (Tustin, CA): What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment as a tennis player?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:12 PM ET ) I think against Agassi. That match.

brian (danbury, ct): can chile ever win the davis cup?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:13 PM ET ) We would like to win the Davis Cup. We were lacking in the beginning. I think we have a good chance.

Marcelo (Sao Paulo, Brazil): Gonzo, what are your goals from now till the end of the season?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:14 PM ET ) I want to play the Masters. I'm like 19 in the race. I need to have a good result this summer.

Rob (Cleveland, OH): Who would you least want to face this year on his best court...Federer or Nadal?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:14 PM ET ) Federer.

Duke (Queens): Mano de Piedra - do you think the tour should allow in match coaching?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:15 PM ET ) They should allow it because we work together all year. We pay them, we practice with them. It's not a good decision that they can't talk to you during the match. In every sport, they talk to you.

Kev: (Tri-cities, TN): What is your favorite type of surface and why?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:16 PM ET ) I like hard court. You can play at the net, you can play baseline. It's more equal for all the players.

Travis (Philly, PA): If you had to compare yourself with a tennis legend, who would it be?

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:17 PM ET ) I don't remember a player like me. There are some guys that I like, but they all play differently than I play.

Alonso, Talca, Chile!: Hi again! Feña, How was it to play mixed doubles in the past GS? What did you learn after it? Thanks

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:18 PM ET ) I had a lot of fun. It was a learning experience. It was the first time that I played against a girl. It was a really nice experience. If I have a chance to do it again, I will.

Fernando Gonzalez: (3:18 PM ET ) Thanks for visiting!

BUZZMASTER
Fernando couldn't stay too long. He's playing in a doubles match later this afternoon. We thank him for the time he could give us!

kidnicky
07-25-2006, 11:52 PM
thanks GonzoFan for the full transcrip of the chat ... and I'm sorry that you missed it when I saw the time of the match I knew that you wouldn't be here :awww: :hug:

The answer that NicoFan says is her favorite is just hillarious!! :haha: ... and Alonso great that he answered your question! :yeah:

PoderShileno
07-26-2006, 03:45 AM
me lo perdí :(
:p

ChinoRios4Ever
07-26-2006, 05:10 AM
me lo perdi maldicion
era pa preguntarle que tiene hacer $ala$ luego de perder la apuesta con gonzo en la final del futbol chileno

vamos feña mañana

enqvistfan
07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the chat transcript :hug:

I missed the chat, I had a lot of work at my work and had to stay very late at the agency, then, I didn't switch on the computer at home :(

Glad that he replied to your question Alonso :)

Sparko1030
07-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for telling us about Fernando's chat Mangoes! and thanks GF for posting the transcript. And congrats to Alonso for getting your question answered! :hatoff:

I missed the chat but enjoyed reading it even if it wasn't live.