ANGOLA 801.00
NIGERIA 801.00
SENEGAL 1001.00
JAPAN 1501.00
LEBANON 2001.00
QATAR 2001.00

bad gambler
07-22-2006, 07:38 AM
From a local perspective, all I can say is I am embarassed to see New Zealand rated a a better chance than Australia to win :help:

bad gambler
07-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Some interesting articles in the build up to the championships

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2525515

Coach K sitting on pocket aces with James, Wade

By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com
Archive

LAS VEGAS -- And now, a recap of Thursday's backstabbing episodes and ugly ego clashes at the daily soap opera that is the USA Senior National Team's training camp:

Well, uh, let's see. Oh, yeah: Shane Battier checked on Michael Redd after the Milwaukee Bucks star nearly collided with reporters while trying to save a ball from going out of bounds on the baseline.

"Watch your ankle," said Battier. Then he smiled, patted Redd on the back, and they jogged back to the defensive drill. So, you know, that was pretty intense.

And then, after the morning practice, I saw the USA's two Alpha players, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, have a huge confrontation. James was conducting an interview session at courtside, and that's when Wade whipped a ball of rolled-up athletic tape at the King. Actually, now that I think about it, he sort of soft-tossed it. And James glanced over and started laughing.

But a few minutes later, they did almost beat the crap out of each other. At least, that's what I'm telling the guys back at my weekly anger management meeting. What really happened is this: James got done with his interview and yelled to one of the team trainers, "Hey, I need five bags of ice!" And then Wade said, "That's because you're 30." And then he added something about wanting to check James' birth certificate because, you see, LeBron looks really old for his age and …

Ah, forget it. This training camp bites. The only thing missing is a group hug and a bake sale. And will someone wipe that smile off Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski's face?

"I hope you can feel their spirit," he said. "Can you? They like one another."

Yeah, I'll give them that. Even though training camp didn't start until Tuesday night's team dinner, the 20 players participating in these two-a-day practices do seem to get along. Of course, it's early and Krzyzewski doesn't have to whittle his roster down just yet. But even when the actual 12-man roster is set for next month's World Championships, I wouldn't count on anybody going Shea Hillenbrand if he's not invited to Japan.

Teams can have chemistry and still stink. Teams can have talent and still finish sixth, which is what the USA did in the 2002 World Championships, or finish third, which is what the USA did in the 2004 Olympics. Wade and James were on that Olympic roster, as were Carmelo Anthony, Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire. Now the five of them are back on the '06 Senior National Team roster.

But according to James and Wade, this feels different than the hurried and, in retrospect, oddly configured '04 team coached by Larry Brown. The extra preparation time helps. So does the absence of Brown, who doesn't have a history of embracing young players (James averaged just 11.4 minutes per game under Brown, Wade 17.5). So does the presence of veterans such as Billups and Elton Brand.

"We have no egos," said James. "It's hard to [fit in] if you've got an ego and feel like you're on top of the world. We don't feel that way. Myself, Carmelo, Chris [Bosh] and Kirk [Hinrich] -- all being from the 2003 draft -- we don't have no egos. We don't feel like we're the best players here."

Said Wade: "There's no reason to be jealous. On this team we can all shine."

What they won't say -- but others will -- is that Wade and James are partly responsible for the different environment here at the '06 camp. With due respect to Dirk Nowitzki and Team USA no-show Kobe Bryant, Wade and James are the NBA. Wade is coming off an NBA championship. James is fresh from leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to their first playoff appearance in eight years.

And yet, they big-time nobody. They are among the Team USA leaders in sweat dripped. And if Krzyzewski decides to vote on a team captain, here's guessing Wade or James would earn the honor.

"In their own right, they are super-duper stars," says Chauncey Billups, becoming the first-ever Team USA player to use the words "super-duper." "They're carrying this league and doing some unbelievable things. But when you bring them in this setting with a lot of other great players they just fit right in. They're down for the cause. And that's the reason why I think this team is going to be great."

Or as Battier, who has made a career of being the ultimate team player, puts it: "That's what makes the superstars superstars."

There are a lot of reasons to like this USA roster, beginning with the obvious: talent. But equally important are the subtleties of it.

For example, Billups is here for the first week of training camp, even though he has absolutely no chance of making the World Championships roster. That's because months ago, before he knew he was going to be named to the roster, Billups promised his wife that he'd spend more time with his young family during the offseason.

"I can't break that promise," he said.

But he did get permission to work his butt off for a week's worth of Team USA training camp. "At least I can do a little something," he said.

Gilbert Arenas was so geeked about this team that he paid his own way to get here 3˝ days before camp opened. Battier, a former ball boy and go-fer for the Detroit Pistons, would still serve Gatorade to the fellas if you asked him. Bruce Bowen plays as if someone threatened him with a pay cut to minimum wage. And on and on it goes.

But Wade and James are the centerpieces of this team, though good luck getting them to admit it. They're so young, and yet so respected. That doesn't happen by accident.

"They get it," said Krzyzewski.

Pause for emphasis. "They get it."

Pause for more emphasis. "They get it."

Krzyzewski can be a gusher sometimes, but you had to see his eyes and hear the sincerity in his voice to know he was paying Wade and James one of his Tier 1 compliments.

As the interview sessions ended, Wade mentioned the 1992 Dream Team, which overwhelmed opponents on its way to a gold medal (Krzyzewski was an assistant on that team) at Barcelona. "I don't think you can remember who was the leading scorer on that team," Wade said.

He's right. It was Charles Barkley, not Michael Jordan.

This is scary. Wade -- history professor. Maybe it's time to check his birth certificate.

bad gambler
07-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Team USA undoubtedly has the best talent but in recent history their downfall has been the lack of team chemistry, and a lack of preparation as a team.

I think things will be different this time around, USA should win the gold but having watched a bit of Euroleague this season the contrast in styles between USA and Europe should be the highlight - the Yanks explosive in attack with the Euro teams miserly on the defensive end.

good_gambler
07-22-2006, 09:55 AM
From a local perspective, all I can say is I am embarassed to see New Zealand rated a a better chance than Australia to win :help:
:haha: I second that....Although I did read CJ Bruton was going to be back in the Australian side for this event.:scratch:
Had he played in the recent series Vs New Zealand it would have made a big difference.

The only team I see any value in is Argentina.
Can't see USA not winning but not worth anything at $1.54.

bad gambler
07-22-2006, 09:58 AM
:haha: I second that....Although I did read CJ Bruton was going to be back in the Australian for this event.:scratch:
Had he played in the recent series Vs New Zealand it would have made a big difference.

The only team I see any value in is Argentina.
Can't see USA not winning but not worth anything at $1.54.

Yes well CJ has indicated he would like to play, it's a matter now for Goorj to decide to allow him after he had picked him to play against the Tall blacks but got knocked back as CJ went to the States for tryouts with the Cavs.

There is also a slim possiblity Nielsen will play, depending on the outcome of his insurance wrangle with his Lithuanian club. Boomers would be looking better with those two on board for sure

dave nz
07-22-2006, 01:14 PM
STICK A FORK IN THE HAPLESS USA THEY WILL NOT WIN.

TAKE THE FIELD @ +200 OR BETTER......

GOODLUCK

Doctor Dance
07-23-2006, 07:36 AM
STICK A FORK IN THE HAPLESS USA THEY WILL NOT WIN.

TAKE THE FIELD @ +200 OR BETTER......

GOODLUCK

Thanks for providing reasons for that statement :rolleyes:

Anyway can somebody confirm which team won the European basketball championships last year (i think)? I think it was Greece but was hoping somone can confirm?

I agree with you guys, USA is too short to take before the tournament, maybe will just stick to individual matches

good_gambler
07-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Greece defeated Germany...

Results are according to here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurobasket_2005

Doctor Dance
07-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Greece defeated Germany...

Results are according to here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurobasket_2005

Thanks good gambler, I wonder if any Europeans who use this forum can give insight to the European chances? Or even BG, Nimrodg, Swisha who I know were betting on the Euroleague this year?

Nimrodg
07-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Well, I looked in Argentina's squad and i think that although they have strong team, most of their players are playing in europe and they aren't much better than the Serbs.

Serbia have a decent chance to win their group with Argentina and France, and i think that@ 4.00 they are value.

dave nz
07-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for providing reasons for that statement :rolleyes:

Anyway can somebody confirm which team won the European basketball championships last year (i think)? I think it was Greece but was hoping somone can confirm?

I agree with you guys, USA is too short to take before the tournament, maybe will just stick to individual matches

I will give u some of my many reasons :

* The US players will be taken out of their comfort zones big time. Not just the fact they will be away from the US so long....

- The different systems (to the NBA) many of the teams use will give them fits.

- Denfensive intensity they are not used too

- International rules (quite a few important changes here)

* The US team is not a closely knit team unit unlike many of the other teams

- Alot of players who put themselves ahead of their team

- No Kobe won't help

+200 Way too much value to pass up :cool:

Mr Flamboyant
07-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Australia has only itself to blame for the farsical state it's in .. As someone who has a professional involvement in the NBL I cannot fathom the Boomers squad that's been chosen.

There's no denying Brian Goorjian's ability as a coach, but it's patently obvious a number of his selections are flat out ridiculous. At least three guys in the current 12 just aren't up to the standard required at international level yet.

This team that went around against New Zealand looked more like a 'project' lineup, with a few guys who're there because they're the best, and a few more who might be good enough in a few years.

To succeed at the world championships Australia needs a mix of it's most talented, yes, but also it's most experienced. I'm talking about guys who can go out there and be solid 'role' players. But it seems a lot of the guys I'm thinking of who fit this mould, guys who put up the numbers year after year in the NBL, are either considered too old (because they're on the wrong side of 25..!) or are out of favour with 'Goorj' ..

Brad Newley and Luke Kendall are real talents and will be part of the Boomers scene for a long time, but there's no way they're ready to be the backbone of the Australian backcourt in 2006.

Nathan Jawai could well be the closest thing to Shaqille O'Neal since Shaquille O'Neal, but he's not one of the best 17 basketballers in this country right now. For Pete's sake, he's only just finishing his time at the AIS and is heading off to the US in month and a bit to START a college scholarship! This one was clearly another case of Goorjian promising the world to a young talent so he'll sign with the Kings.

David Barlow .. ? Don't even get me started on how the hell he's within a bull's roar of a Boomers berth!

So unless something drastic happens between now and whenever these championships tip off, Australia can write it's own ticket to any bookmaker it chooses because there's no way they'll go anywhere near the 'pointy end' of the tournament.

good_gambler
07-28-2006, 06:21 AM
:haha:

We are out to $111. :o

bad gambler
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Just took Spain to win at $8.00 & Argies at $9.00

gl

dave nz
08-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey BG careful with the Argies, saw them play Serbia two days ago. They look to be struggling.

Anders
08-14-2006, 08:31 PM
World Basketball Champs:

To win title:

Argentina +1060 (1)

Group Winners

Group B

NZ +6600 (1/3)

Mistaflava
08-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Has anyone heard news about the Lebanese team? When I was in Lebanon in early July, the team was preparing and ready to go. Any news on that since the war began?

Nimrodg
08-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Has anyone heard news about the Lebanese team? When I was in Lebanon in early July, the team was preparing and ready to go. Any news on that since the war began?

Well, i know that they trained in other countries...here are their results so far in the preperation matches:
Lebanon 61-90 Turkey
Lebanon 66-88 Slovenia
Lebanon 75-75 Qatar
Lebanon 53-114 Slovenia
Lebanon 83-80 Canada
Lebanon 81-79 Venezuela
Lebanon 99-82 Arab

Well, there's nothing to expect from them, as the rest of the teams are far better than them.

Ays25
08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
they beat venezuela and they were @9 vs venezuela hmm
btw turkish team is very bad
we dont have mirsad turkcan kerem tunceri hedo turkoglu mehmet okur huseyin besok wich are virtually the best starting lineup we would have.

Nimrodg
08-15-2006, 02:10 PM
I actually don't understand why the odds are giving better chance for Italy to win Group D than Slovenia.

Slovenia got better squad, more experienced with some good NBA players. If someone think that USA won't take the 1st place at Group D, Slovenia @ 17.00 are worth some coins.

bad gambler
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
I actually don't understand why the odds are giving better chance for Italy to win Group D than Slovenia.

Slovenia got better squad, more experienced with some good NBA players. If someone think that USA won't take the 1st place at Group D, Slovenia @ 17.00 are worth some coins.

I can't believe Bulleri was not selected for the Prima Donna's :o

Please tell me he was injured? Their squad is basically the U23 one that played a few years ago- personally I think they are too young. So not a bad bet if you think Slovenia can beat USA, I don't see it happening though...

Oh yeah - Marconato as centre :help:

bad gambler
08-15-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll try and put together a preview of the main Euro teams in the next couple of days

I'm really liking Spain though - easily the best balanced team in the competiton, they got all positions covered. Calderon and Navarro in the backcourt :drool:

But Vazquez won't be there, bit of a blow him and Gasol inside would have been one hell of a combination.

Nimrodg
08-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I can't believe Bulleri was not selected for the Prima Donna's :o

Please tell me he was injured? Their squad is basically the U23 one that played a few years ago- personally I think they are too young. So not a bad bet if you think Slovenia can beat USA, I don't see it happening though...

Oh yeah - Marconato as centre :help:

I don't know why they didn't picked him. He had a decent Euroleague year, so maybe he was injured.

I don't think that Slovenia will beat USA, just can't understand the outright odds at this group.
The first day of the tournament can be intresting only for Handicappers - there are like 5 1.01 ML odds :rolleyes:

Nimrodg
08-15-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll try and put together a preview of the main Euro teams in the next couple of days

I'm really liking Spain though - easily the best balanced team in the competiton, they got all positions covered. Calderon and Navarro in the backcourt :drool:

But Vazquez won't be there, bit of a blow him and Gasol inside would have been one hell of a combination.

Well, Vasquez is ain't that better from Garbajosa :)

Anders
08-15-2006, 09:17 PM
bg - twisted my arm, happy to have the argies and the spaniards at nice odds

adding...

Spain +800 (1)

anyone seen any day 1 lines yet?

Ays25
08-15-2006, 09:21 PM
grabb lithuania around -6 to - 8 if you can
i wont bet against turkey but we always lose to lithuania and considering we dont have any of our 5 top players it will be a walkover

Anders
08-15-2006, 10:55 PM
will check it out, had noticed turkey were struggling/weak of late...
should be a good world champs, looks like we can use our multinational forum to ghet some good info...
i don't have time to break down NZ but if there's any questions i'm happy to answer, bg also knows a lot about the NZ players

dave nz
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
will check it out, had noticed turkey were struggling/weak of late...
should be a good world champs, looks like we can use our multinational forum to ghet some good info...
i don't have time to break down NZ but if there's any questions i'm happy to answer, bg also knows a lot about the NZ players

I also follow NZ/Aussie hoops like a Hawk.

bad gambler
08-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Ok one more outright for me:

Greece to win - $13.00

IMO quite easily best defensive unit in the tournament, if anyone can contain the US team's offense this is the team. No respect given to the reigning European Champions by the books. Look forward to seeing Diamantidis poentially hound James and Wade :D

I've also joined Dave and will take the Yanks NOT to win, am still looking for the best line though...

good luck all, based on some of the opening lines for Friday and Saturday I reckon there is some money to be made in this tournament. Books giving no respect whatsoever to the Euro teams especially.

bad gambler
08-16-2006, 11:49 AM
* The US players will be taken out of their comfort zones big time. Not just the fact they will be away from the US so long....

- The different systems (to the NBA) many of the teams use will give them fits.

- Denfensive intensity they are not used too

- International rules (quite a few important changes here)

* The US team is not a closely knit team unit unlike many of the other teams

- Alot of players who put themselves ahead of their team

- No Kobe won't help

+200 Way too much value to pass up :cool:

Agree with everything you say Dave - just a few things I'll add/replicate:

- Defensive patterns are so much more different in European ball than in the NBA. There is not as much emphasis on the zoning up, much more man on man defensive work, you can see when watching the Euroleague/Uleb Cup that the Europeans do a hell a lot more work on the defensive end.
- European shooters are so much more "cleaner" IMO for lack of a better word than the Americans. They are the best exponents of the 3 ball for a reason, technically their offense is so much more structured which allows their perimeter shooters time from the arc to get a clean shot away.
- In terms of your rules difference I'll just highlight a few:

*Distance of the 3 point arc, dimensions of the key, 4 x 10min quarters, 5 PF's allowed instead of the 6 PF's in the NBA.
* The most important one for me and the one I see the Americans struggling with the most is the interpretation of "travelling" - NBA officials are ridiculously more liberal in their tolerance of letting them go. Essentially in the NBA you are allowed one foot to "pivot" with when you come to stop - none of that BS allowed in International rules where when you come to a stop you DO NOT have a pivot foot allowed. This is a HUGE difference IMO, how many times have you guys seen No 23 and Wade get away with an extra step every game they play? They do it all the time.
- Looking through the American roster, who exactly do they plan to use as the distributor? Too many shooters for my liking with perhaps the exception of Hinrich.

Let the games begin.

bad gambler
08-16-2006, 11:52 AM
grabb lithuania around -6 to - 8 if you can
i wont bet against turkey but we always lose to lithuania and considering we dont have any of our 5 top players it will be a walkover

Thanks for your previous info about their player roster - pretty much agree looking to fade them all tournament.

Nimrodg
08-16-2006, 12:04 PM
BG, your pick with Greece came in the right time after they demolished Germany 84-47 :eek: :)

Well, for the 1st day Greece -28.5 against Qatar looks decent. As i heard that the Aussies are very weak this time so Brazil -9.5 also looks good.
France-Argentina can be very tight, this is a one to watch. Both have excellent NBA players and Argies got bit deeper roster.

dave nz
08-16-2006, 12:15 PM
BG, your pick with Greece came in the right time after they demolished Germany 84-47 :eek: :)

Well, for the 1st day Greece -28.5 against Qatar looks decent. As i heard that the Aussies are very weak this time so Brazil -9.5 also looks good.
France-Argentina can be very tight, this is a one to watch. Both have excellent NBA players and Argies got bit deeper roster.

Agree with the Greece pick they will hammer Qatar. Hopefully If u like Brazil u will get a better line than -9.5 I've seen 7 flat in places.

dave nz
08-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Agree with everything you say Dave - just a few things I'll add/replicate:

- Defensive patterns are so much more different in European ball than in the NBA. There is not as much emphasis on the zoning up, much more man on man defensive work, you can see when watching the Euroleague/Uleb Cup that the Europeans do a hell a lot more work on the defensive end.
- European shooters are so much more "cleaner" IMO for lack of a better word than the Americans. They are the best exponents of the 3 ball for a reason, technically their offense is so much more structured which allows their perimeter shooters time from the arc to get a clean shot away.
- In terms of your rules difference I'll just highlight a few:

*Distance of the 3 point arc, dimensions of the key, 4 x 10min quarters, 5 PF's allowed instead of the 6 PF's in the NBA.
* The most important one for me and the one I see the Americans struggling with the most is the interpretation of "travelling" - NBA officials are ridiculously more liberal in their tolerance of letting them go. Essentially in the NBA you are allowed one foot to "pivot" with when you come to stop - none of that BS allowed in International rules where when you come to a stop you DO NOT have a pivot foot allowed. This is a HUGE difference IMO, how many times have you guys seen No 23 and Wade get away with an extra step every game they play? They do it all the time.
- Looking through the American roster, who exactly do they plan to use as the distributor? Too many shooters for my liking with perhaps the exception of Hinrich.

Let the games begin.

Good post mate.

At the last Olympics I placed one of my largest bets ever on the field at similar odds.....
But there is one main thing that scares me though and that is the US should get a saloon passage into the 2nd phase. Which will help them build some momentum and rhythm as well as adjust, then they will be only a few wins from glory. Also I do feel this team and staff is superior to previous recent tournaments where they have failed miserably.

So with that said, while I will be betting the field in the next 24 hours, it won't be a biggie for me.

Goodluck field bettors!

Ays25
08-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Turkey might not be strong but we only beat Quatar in OT
they have some foreing players i believe so be carefull with the spread.
Turkish team depend on scoring by ibrahim kutluay and tau man serkan erdogan and if they are guarded well we will have problems scoring
Our pg ender arslan is a poor mans tony parker, he wont have much assists.
i cant see turkey averaging more than 72-74 points a game.

As for the dream team.. the only thing i can say is they play defesne.. i was amazed how they were defending despite being 50+ up vs korea. so coach K takes it very seriously. i cant see the USA not winning the title.

dave nz
08-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks for your previous info about their player roster - pretty much agree looking to fade them all tournament.

I also love Lithuania to cover first up vs Turkey :)

Mistaflava
08-16-2006, 03:28 PM
The Lebanese captain said that prior to the team being stuck in the middle of the war, they believed they could beat Venezuela and Nigeria to reach the next round. He now says that this has all changed since the war and winning games is probably not going to happen.

This means the team must be really flustered by the events of war.

Anders
08-16-2006, 11:12 PM
adding...

Greece +1570 (1) at pinny

so that's Greece, Argentina and Spain... that'll do :-)

Will give u some thoughts on Qatar later

Anders
08-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Qatar are pretty average as you'd expect for their lines and prices.
They will struggle imho if their opponents have big men inside the paint, and if they pressure their ball handlers - then the score could really be run up.
As athletes they're not too bad - have some hops under the basket despite their lack of bulk and height.
Their strength is their shooting - if they get a little space from outside they're not afraid of firing and can get on a decent roll.
Their best player is Daoud Daoud, 2-guard who can get to the basket very nicely or shoot from the outside.
Overall though, they are pretty naive tactically and should struggle a lot thru-out.
Will shop around on a best line for Greece.

Ays25
08-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Qatar are pretty average as you'd expect for their lines and prices.
They will struggle imho if their opponents have big men inside the paint, and if they pressure their ball handlers - then the score could really be run up.
As athletes they're not too bad - have some hops under the basket despite their lack of bulk and height.
Their strength is their shooting - if they get a little space from outside they're not afraid of firing and can get on a decent roll.
Their best player is Daoud Daoud, 2-guard who can get to the basket very nicely or shoot from the outside.
Overall though, they are pretty naive tactically and should struggle a lot thru-out.
Will shop around on a best line for Greece.

they have ex sacramento kings sub jabari smith and another american in theur squad.

Anders
08-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Pinny lines

Saturday:

Fri 8/18 1 Germany -19.5 2.01
09:00 PM 2 Japan +19.5 1.901

Fri 8/18 3 Venezuela -7 1.935 1.333
09:00 PM 4 Lebanon +7 1.971 3.700

Fri 8/18 5 Brazil -8 1.990 1.286
09:30 PM 6 Australia +8 1.917 4.200

Fri 8/18 7 Puerto Rico +29 2.000 51.000
10:00 PM 8 USA -29 1.909 1.014

Sunday:

Sat 8/19 9 Angola +6 1.909 3.100
00:00 AM 10 Panama -6 2.000 1.435

Sat 8/19 11 Serbia & Montenegro -26.5 1.935
00:00 AM 12 Nigeria +26.5 1.971

Sat 8/19 13 Slovenia -23.5 1.971
00:30 AM 14 Senegal +23.5 1.935

Sat 8/19 15 Greece -31 1.855
00:30 AM 16 Qatar +31 2.070

Sat 8/19 17 Argentina -5.5 1.877 1.426
03:00 AM 18 France +5.5 2.040 3.150

Sat 8/19 19 Spain -18.5 1.952
03:00 AM 20 New Zealand +18.5 1.952

Sat 8/19 21 China +8.5 1.952 4.60
03:30 AM 22 Italy -8.5 1.952 1.250

Sat 8/19 23 Turkey +8 1.952 4.10
03:30 AM 24 Lithuania -8 1.952 1.294

Anders
08-18-2006, 02:51 AM
Australia +8.5 o Brazil (1)
Panama -5 o Angola (1)
Greece -29.5 o Qatar (1)
Argentina -5.5 o France (1)
New Zealand +18.5 o Spain (1)
Lithuania -7.5 o Turkey (1)

GL all

bad gambler
08-18-2006, 02:52 AM
Anders you can start a new thread every day if you want

GL with your selections

dave nz
08-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey guys, anyone know the best site for live scores ?

Here is the official site but by the looks live scoring "could" be a no go.....

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/index.asp

hanabishi
08-19-2006, 06:37 AM
OK here are my final pre-tournament picks:

Gold - SPAIN (This is their year!! I can feel it)
Silver - USA (I'm going on a limb here, they have been strong in the exhibition games, but somehow I can only see them getting the silver)
Bronze - GREECE

Lebowski
08-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Lebanon $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lebowski
08-19-2006, 06:56 AM
USA gets hot from 3 and takes the lead. They have no midrange shooting whatsoever

Nimrodg
08-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Great software that arrange the stats and all - daily updates.

http://files.filefront.com/japan06basketball+fullversion/;5423674;;/fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/japan06basketball+fullversion/;5423674;;/fileinfo.html)