Top 100 Fan's Most Hated / Least Liked Players [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Top 100 Fan's Most Hated / Least Liked Players

Pages : [1] 2

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey all :D

After the unexpected success of the thread "Top 100 Fan's Favorites", that I started a while ago, I thought it would be time for the inevitable Top 100 Most Hated Players thread (or Least Liked Players or whatever you want to call it.. the objective seems clear).

This, for you fans, is the time to be :devil: satanic :devil: towards some of those players on the Tour (and I know how a lot of you, me included ;), like to moan, shout and whine ;))

If you want to participate in this vote, then please make sure that you obey these rules. These rules are the same that apply to the Top 100 Fan's Favorites thread, as well as GeorgeWHitler's Top 100 Fan's Favorites of All Times:

- Please only name active and male players. If a player is no longer active on the Tour, he will not be included in the list. A player that is not active due to, for instance, injuries, however, can of course be included. If it is doubtful whether a player is still active (e.g. Kafelnikov, Rafter) or not, you can mention his name.

- You can mention a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 10 names (the latter is highly appreciated by me, as it will make making up a top 100 easier).

- The points system works as follows: the player you dislike or hate most, or the player you like least, will be given 10 points. The number two on your list will receive nine points, and so on.

- If there are multiple well-known players on the Tour, please don't just mention the surname, but also the first name. Martin can, for instance, mean Todd Martin, but also Alberto Martνn. Solely naming a surname can cause serious confusion here ;) :confused:

- Only mention one player per spot. If you cannot decide, just flip a coin ;)

- Participating in this vote is possible in two ways:
--> 1. Submit your list to this thread. If you want to change something in your list, please submit a new post stating that your earlier vote has changed.
--> 2. Send me a private message with your list.

- If you want to, you can clarify why you voted for certain players. This is the ultimate time to vent your spleen! ;)

OK That is it! Enjoy voting, everyone!

:wavey:

----------
Martijn

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Now.. this is my vote:

1. Bogomolov Jr., Alex --> He was extremely rude to Martin Verkerk during their US Open match last year

2. Lisnard, Jean Renι
3. Rios, Marcelo
4. Hewitt, Lleyton
5. Kafelnikov, Yevgeny
6. Corνa, Guillermo
7. Gonzalez, Fernando
8. Vicente, Fernando
9. Ferrer, David
10. Chela, Juan Ignacio

jcman
01-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Great Idea u've got!! I want to start this thread yesterday but i'm afraid Duckboy would win this one easily...

Here's my list:
1. Andy RodDICK
2. Lleyton Hewitt
3. Philippoussis ( for his game only)
4. Schuettler ( for he always beat Seb!)
5. Srichaphan ( As I'm living in Asia and got SO MUCH coverage from him and Tanasugarn, i start to hate him)

In fact, it's hard to think 10 players, but the 1st and 2nd option is for sure, the others change over time.

WyverN
01-28-2004, 01:33 PM
I dont think I hate any players so I will just name the players I am really not interested in them succeeding for various reasons

1. Hewitt
2. Corretja
3. Rios
4. Roddick (like his game but dont like the personality)
5. Coria
6. Agassi (sick of him winning AO)
7. Youzhny (only because he keeps wasting his talent)
8. Ferrero

Can't think of anyone else, sorry

Sjengster
01-28-2004, 01:35 PM
One word: Raccoon.

Don't worry, you've no idea what I mean, but I'll get back to you with my full Top 10. I've forgotten to do it in the Favourite Players thread as well...

HybridTheory
01-28-2004, 01:37 PM
i do not really hate players, but i dont like:

1. Lleyton Hewitt
2. Alex Bogomolov jr.
3. Todd Reid
4. Guillermo Coria
5. Yevgeni Kafelnikov
6. Fernando Gonzalez
7. Mark Philippoussis (because of his game)
8. Andre Agassi
9. Radek Stepanek
10.Tim Henman

TennisLurker
01-28-2004, 01:47 PM
One word: Raccoon.

1) NICOLAS MASSU

2) Roddick

3) Coria

4) Feliciano Lopez

5) Sargsian

6) Agassi

7) Ferrero

8) Arthurs

9) Philippoussis

10) Hewitt

jumi
01-28-2004, 02:14 PM
1. Lleyton Hewitt (his racist remarks...NO COMMENT)
2.Guillermo Coria (doping...yeah, maybe his coach gave it to him and the little innocent Guillermo didn't know that these were other kind of "vitamines" , but still... :rolleyes: )
3.Juan Ignacio Chela (the same reason)
4.Greg Rusedski (his failed drug test + his wimbledon match against Roddick-at least he was fined for that)

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Jumi, I chose Corνa and Chela for the same reasons. Do you believe Ulihrach is innocent? I don't know why, but I do think that Rusedski is innocent..

jumi
01-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Jumi, I chose Corνa and Chela for the same reasons. Do you believe Ulihrach is innocent? I don't know why, but I do think that Rusedski is innocent..
Actually that's why I gave 2 reasons next to "Rusedski' - he may be innocent... I do believe that Ulihrach is innocent, because he proofed it and this wasn't easy for him, that's for sure.

jorisv
01-28-2004, 02:48 PM
1. Roddick
2. Henman
3. Santoro
4. Bogomolov
5. Rusedski
6. Coria
7. Clement
8. Dent
9. Rochus, O.
10. Labadze

Experimentee
01-28-2004, 02:54 PM
1. Hewitt
2. Nalbandian
3. Rios
4. Davydenko
5. Haas
6. Phillipoussis
7. Rusedski
8. Coria
9. Henman
10. Roddick

oxy
01-28-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't hate them...hate is too strong a word, i don't like their behaviour and personality on court....

1. Bogomolov Jr
2. Rusedski
3. Rios
4. Kafelnikov
5. Roddick
6. Hewitt
7. Dent

Aranince
01-28-2004, 03:01 PM
1) Ivan Ljubicic
2) Nicolas Lapentti
3) Yefgeni Kafelnikov
4) Tim Henman
5) Greg Rusedski
6) Rainer Schuettler
7) David Nalbandian
8) Lleyton Hewitt

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey Aranince, why did you vote for Ivan Ljubicic? Just wondering.. ;)

Shadow
01-28-2004, 03:09 PM
1. Andy Roddick
2. Tommy Haas
3. Robby Ginepri
4. Mariano Zabaleta
5. Greg Rusedski

thats all.

HybridTheory
01-28-2004, 03:11 PM
oh yeah, greg rusedski...totaly forgot about him

maratski
01-28-2004, 03:17 PM
sis you must have forgotten the potato ;) :kiss:

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 03:38 PM
1) Ginepri (since the 1st time I saw him I disliked him, his looks is so.... :eek: no comments... :rolleyes: )
2) Agassi (I never ever have liked him, and I'm already tired of watching him winning the AO. :( I want him to retire soon.)
3) Costa (don't know why yet)
4) Roddick (don't hate him, it's just I don't like him, though nowadays I have more respect for him)
5) Hewitt (I enjoy his game, but his attitude is yet something I don't like; apart his fianceι is Clijsters, a player I really dislike, sorry Lleyton... :p )
6) Gaudio (he's a latin player and I know I should support him, but I have never liked him, don't know why, though I like his backhand.)

Pea
01-28-2004, 04:54 PM
1. rodduck
2. agassi
3. rusedski
4. gambill
5. brad gilbert(oops)

HybridTheory
01-28-2004, 04:59 PM
hey pea, nice avator!!:)

Sjengster
01-28-2004, 05:19 PM
1. Massu
2. Mathieu
3. Malisse (can you see a pattern here? Trust me, it's coincidence)
4. Roddick
5. Lapentti
6. Blake
7. Nalbandian
8. Canas

I really can't think of any others. I don't hate anyone on the above list, but I can safely say I would not miss their absence from tennis.

*Edit to note: honourable mention for Agassi, but then he can't stick around for much longer - can he? :eek: *

Mr. Man
01-28-2004, 05:24 PM
1. Agassi
2. Federer
3. Rusedski
4. Phillipoussis
5. Henman
6. Ljubicic

..that's all for me.

Hispanica
01-28-2004, 05:29 PM
1. Andy Roddick (His game mostly and his attittude)
2. Lleyton Hewitt (I like his game but not the way he acts)
3. Greg Rusedski (His behaviour)
4. Mathieu (I don't like him since the first game I saw)
5. Arnaud Clιment (Maybe cause the first game live I saw he was playing against Malisse and the public was pretty bad and yeah, his sun glasses all the time)
6. David Nalbandian (Don't have a feeling)
7. Agassi (His game and him)

Well, that's every thing at the moment but I dion't hate does players... I just don't rush in front of tv when they play that's all.

Pea
01-28-2004, 05:32 PM
hey pea, nice avator!!:)

Thank you my fellow Corretjafan! :wavey:

Aurora
01-28-2004, 06:03 PM
1. Roddick
2. Henman
3. Santoro
4. Bogomolov
5. Rusedski
6. Coria
7. Clement
8. Dent
9. Rochus, O.
10. Labadze

I'm kinda curious why Santoro and Rochus? is it the game?

Aurora
01-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Agassi
Roddick
Massu
Schuettler
Dent
Gambill
Malisse

MisterQ
01-28-2004, 06:18 PM
1. Greg Rusedski
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Michal Tabara
4. Karol Kucera
5. Marcelo Rios (great game though)
6. Robby Ginepri
7. Wayne Ferreira
8. Justin Gimelstob
9. David Nalbandian
10. Yevgeny Kafelnikov

jorisv
01-28-2004, 06:21 PM
I'm kinda curious why Santoro and Rochus? is it the game?
amongst other things, yes
I really dislike the way Santoro is playing, and his head doesn't help too.

Billabong
01-28-2004, 06:23 PM
1-Andy Roddick
2-Radek Stepanek
3-Marcelo Rios
4-Greg Rusedski
5-David Nalbandian
6-Nicolas Massu
7-Paul-Henri Mathieu
8-Paradorn Srichaphan
9-Gaston Gaudio
10-Albert Costa

Sjengster
01-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Eek - three of Billabong's least liked players are on my favourites list. Still, three of 'em are also on my least liked list, so there's some unity there.

TennisLurker
01-28-2004, 07:10 PM
4. Karol Kucera
5. Marcelo Rios (great game though)

I like them for the same reason you dislike them. :devil:

Agassi should have never made fun of Kucera's ball toss :devil:

SanTaureau Fan
01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Because hating is so much fun:

1. Kafelnikov
2. Agassi
3. Phillipoussis

... ?

TheBoiledEgg
01-28-2004, 08:48 PM
here's the voting from the Eggy jury ;)

call it dislike/hate or pure vulgarity :tape: (your guess is as good as mine :lol: )

1-Andy Roddick
2-Rainer Shuettler
3-Tim Henman
4-Lleyton Hewitt
5-Nicolas Massu
6-Mardy Fish
7-Radek Stepanek
8-Kendoll

there's still room for 2 but cant think of anyone

Riley Finn
01-28-2004, 08:49 PM
players that get on my nerves for some reason

10.Federer (one of the most boring games and personalities)
9.Kiefer (retire already,Halle is only once a year)
8.Roddick (turns out that dumb fans can turn me against a player)
7.Henman (I'm tired of those Wimbledon hopes)
6.Kuerten (girls grunt,men shouldn't behave like dying sows)
5.Mathieu (French Hewitt)
4.Rusedski (thsi guy can't stop talking out of his backside)
3. Coria )evil midget starring at the lines)
2.Ferrero (arrogant twit playing better injured than healthy)
1.Hewitt (my ultimate numero uno...nobody comes close except KFC)

tangerine_dream
01-28-2004, 08:53 PM
:haha: I just knew all the cross-eyed, mouth-breathing Roddick-haters would coming storming in here, foaming at the mouth for the chance to put their muse on the top of their shit lists. :devil:

Ah, let's see, who do I love to pick on right now ...? :scratch:

1) Dahveed Nalbandian (poor sport anti-American crybaby) :baby:
2) Marcello Rios (illiterate, classless fucktard)
3) Ivan Ljubicic (another poor sport crybaby who actually holds press conferences to blame an entire country for his playing like ass)
4) Greg Rusedski (mediocre game and sewer personality; what kind of a wanker uses foul language at tea-time Wimbeldon? Has an excuse for everything; possesses fastest serve due to roid rage)
5) Vince Speada (garden-variety Tool boy)
6) Paradorn Shrichaphan (unimpressive game and personality; a real :zzz: )
7) Fernando Gonzales (has the sloppiest, loudest, and most offensive game that I've seen :eek: )
8) Karol Kucera (unimpressive game; dickwad extraordinaire)
9) Mark Phillippoussis (looks and plays like the son of Frankenstein)

Ah, what the hell...

10) Marat Safin (dirty player; White Devil!) http://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gifhttp://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gifhttp://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gifhttp://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gifhttp://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif

SanTaureau Fan
01-28-2004, 09:00 PM
How could I forget about Rusedski :tears:

if it's not too late:

4. Greg Rusedski

maratski
01-28-2004, 09:07 PM
1. Roddick (don't like the game, personality, attitude...)
2. Hewitt (ditto)
3. Rusedski (big mouth)
4. Agassi (annyoing in every sense of the word)
5. Malisse (just don't like him)
6. Stepanek (sorry but he's just too ugly to look at)
7. Mardy Fish (some tiny anti-american sentiments)
8. Olivier Rochus (for being such a pain in the ass when playing Marat)
9. Omar Bahrouzeyan (for spoiling my coverage of the Dubai tournament)

*Ljubica*
01-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Hate is definately too strong a word, but here's mine "don't like" list:-

1. Andy Roddick
2. Andre Agassi
3. Vince Spadea
4. Robbie Ginepri
5. Greg Rusedski
6. Lleyton Hewitt
7. Wayne Ferreira
8. Bob Bryan
9. Mike Bryan
10. Mark Phillippoussis

And - no - before anyone draws any conclusions from this list I'm not anti American or anti anything else either!

tangerine_dream
01-28-2004, 09:13 PM
LOL. Just curious Rosie, but are there any American players you like? :scratch:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2004, 09:18 PM
LOL. Just curious Rosie, but are there any American players you like? :scratch:

Quite like Mardy Fish and James Blake, - don't dislike Taylor Dent - used to have a lot of respect for Pete Sampras - wouldn't put any of them in my Top 20 though :) !

TennisLurker
01-28-2004, 09:33 PM
players that get on my nerves for some reason

Kuerten (girls grunt,men shouldn't behave like dying sows)
Mathieu (French Hewitt)
Coria )evil midget starring at the lines)
Ferrero (arrogant twit playing better injured than healthy)
Hewitt (my ultimate numero uno...nobody comes close except KFC)

I agree with this ones too.

MisterQ
01-28-2004, 09:34 PM
I like them for the same reason you dislike them. :devil:

Agassi should have never made fun of Kucera's ball toss :devil:

:lol: You saw right through me! :yeah:

Agassi's antics were highly immature, but also highly entertaining! (not just the toss, but also the moonballing, lol)

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 09:36 PM
1) Dahveed Nalbandian (poor sport anti-American crybaby) :baby:
3) Ivan Ljubicic (another poor sport crybaby who actually holds press conferences to blame an entire country for his playing like ass)
7) Fernando Gonzales (has the sloppiest, loudest, and most offensive game that I've seen :eek:

Then you don't like babies, Tangy? ;)

Btw....I like Gonzαlez exactly for the same reasons you named.

andylover_16
01-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey all :D

After the unexpected success of the thread "Top 100 Fan's Favorites", that I started a while ago, I thought it would be time for the inevitable Top 100 Most Hated Players thread (or Least Liked Players or whatever you want to call it.. the objective seems clear).

This, for you fans, is the time to be :devil: satanic :devil: towards some of those players on the Tour (and I know how a lot of you, me included ;), like to moan, shout and whine ;))

If you want to participate in this vote, then please make sure that you obey these rules. These rules are the same that apply to the Top 100 Fan's Favorites thread, as well as GeorgeWHitler's Top 100 Fan's Favorites of All Times:

- Please only name active and male players. If a player is no longer active on the Tour, he will not be included in the list. A player that is not active due to, for instance, injuries, however, can of course be included. If it is doubtful whether a player is still active (e.g. Kafelnikov, Rafter) or not, you can mention his name.

- You can mention a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 10 names (the latter is highly appreciated by me, as it will make making up a top 100 easier).

- The points system works as follows: the player you dislike or hate most, or the player you like least, will be given 10 points. The number two on your list will receive nine points, and so on.

- If there are multiple well-known players on the Tour, please don't just mention the surname, but also the first name. Martin can, for instance, mean Todd Martin, but also Alberto Martνn. Solely naming a surname can cause serious confusion here ;) :confused:

- Only mention one player per spot. If you cannot decide, just flip a coin ;)

- Participating in this vote is possible in two ways:
--> 1. Submit your list to this thread. If you want to change something in your list, please submit a new post stating that your earlier vote has changed.
--> 2. Send me a private message with your list.

- If you want to, you can clarify why you voted for certain players. This is the ultimate time to vent your spleen! ;)

OK That is it! Enjoy voting, everyone!

:wavey:

----------
Martijn

Andy Roddick
Lleyton Hewitt

need i say more?;)

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Andylover: hmm....it seems you didn't read the title of the thread... :scratch:

Riley Finn
01-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Andylover: hmm....it seems you didn't read the title of the thread... :scratch:

nah...he just want to prove he's dumb (or she)

tangerine_dream
01-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Then you don't like babies, Tangy? ;)

LOL. I DO like babies, but babies shouldn't be adult-sized. ;)

Btw....I like Gonzαlez exactly for the same reasons you named.

OMG, are you serious? That guy is a lunatic! LOL. How can you hate Roddick's playing but love this guy's playing? :rolls:

andylover_16
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
what..fans most hated/least liked players...

andylover_16
01-28-2004, 10:09 PM
couldnt you answer that either way....whether it be who you think is the most hated player..or your most hated players..

*Ljubica*
01-28-2004, 10:16 PM
LOL. I DO like babies, but babies shouldn't be adult-sized. ;)

OMG, are you serious? That guy is a lunatic! LOL. How can you hate Roddick's playing but love this guy's playing? :rolls:

Ah - but Fena is a fun lunatic though! And as for adult-sized babies - if you ever get the chance - check out your Andy's match against David in Kooyong. Andy's behaviour is the most ridiculous, spoilt brat performance I have ever seen on a tennis court. The photos that were available after that match are nothing on the real thing - hysterical!

MisterQ
01-28-2004, 10:18 PM
1) NICOLAS MASSU

2) Roddick

3) Coria

4) Feliciano Lopez

5) Sargsian

6) Agassi

7) Ferrero

8) Arthurs

9) Philippoussis

10) Hewitt

Well, we do share one person. I won't say who, but his initials are J.C.F. ;)

I think we may be the only people on the planet for whom this is true. What a lonely existence we lead!!!

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 10:18 PM

Ja Ja :D Lunatic?

I don't hate Roddick, I just "dislike" him :angel: and I love Feρa because he's from Latin America, he isn't that overhyped, you know, he mostly has a low profile, even in Chile....and he's cute. ;)

Riley Finn
01-28-2004, 10:20 PM
couldnt you answer that either way....whether it be who you think is the most hated player..or your most hated players..

see more proof...bette start working on getting smart...there's no more ime to waste unless you want to end up like Heya

Yashirobai
01-28-2004, 10:55 PM
1. Roddick
2. Ginepri
3. Hewitt
4. Philippoussis
5. Grosjean
6. Federer
7. Mahut
8. Dent
9. Lisnard
10. Ascione

Tricky_Forehand
01-28-2004, 10:57 PM
I don't "hate" any players because I don't know any of them personally to feel that way but I do dislike a few. Players are usually put in four categories with me: Top favorites, favorites, neutral, and those I couldn't care less about. The last category is, I guess, what this thread is about. I can't say that I have ten but I do have a strong few.

I was surprised to see at the beginning of this thread how many list Alex Bogomolov near the top of their list. I just don't see what's not to like about him. But I guess we all have our reasons. But if the main reason is the Verkerk match I don't see how Bogie can get crap for what he did, YET it's ok for Verkerk to disrespect Alex :shrug: .

Anyway, here's my list:

1) Greg Rusedski--everything about him irritates me
2) Andy Roddick--not a lot to his game or enough for me to like (too much like Sampras)
3) Alex Corretja--his game is too flat for me
4) Martin Verkerk--he took out 5 of my favorites at RG (disrespecting Vince Spadea in their match) and then really pissed me off for things he said in his press conference after 1st round of '03 US OPEN. He's not high on the dislike list because I do have to root for him when he and Raemon Sluiter play doubles. A side from not liking his personality, his game holds nothing of interest for me.

WyverN
01-28-2004, 11:13 PM
:lol: You saw right through me! :yeah:

Agassi's antics were highly immature, but also highly entertaining! (not just the toss, but also the moonballing, lol)

Yeah Agassi is cool even though he is on my list. his press conferences are interesting as well
i am just a bit sick of his stranglehold on Aus Open

P.S if its not to late could i include Rios at the end of my list

Conchon
01-29-2004, 01:18 AM
1. Andy Roddick
2. Robby Ginepri
3. Andre Agassi
4. Greg Rusedski
5. Taylor Dent
6. Tommy Haas
7. James Blake

azza
01-29-2004, 01:45 AM
1 Roger federer ( he always beats Aussies :( )
2 Robby Ginepri
3 Andre Agassi
4 Paradorn Scrichpan
5 Wayne Ferreira
6 Juan Carlo Ferrero
7 Mardy Fish
8 Feli Lopez
9 James Blake
10 Paul henri mathieu

Sjengster
01-29-2004, 02:11 AM
1 Roger federer ( he always beats Aussies :( )
2 Robby Ginepri
3 Andre Agassi
4 Paradorn Scrichpan
5 Wayne Ferreira
6 Juan Carlo Ferrero
7 Mardy Fish
8 Feli Lopez
9 James Blake
10 Paul henri mathieu

Only at the most important tournaments. ;) Not reason enough I would have thought to wish a career-threatening injury on him as you did at the end of last year, but hey, to each his own.

croat123
01-29-2004, 02:40 AM
only 3 on my list

1. roddick (self explanatory)
2. henman (self explanatory)
3. blake (he just seems to have a huge ego, maybe i'm wrong...)

Action Jackson
01-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Oh what a fun thread to take part in and if people want my reasons for disliking these particular players I will give the reasons in the form of a sociologial study.

Too bad this wasn't taken to include all past players because then my list would be 100 in itself. For the current ranking here are my votes.

1. Andy Roddick
2. Robby Ginepri
3. Greg Rusedski
4. Lleyton Hewitt
5. Thomas Enqvist
6. Arnaud Clement
7. Andre Agassi
8. Tim Henman
9. Guillermo Coria
10.Tommy Haas

TennisLurker
01-29-2004, 03:08 AM
I think I recall some of the reasons, Enqvist was an unfriendly with fans god botherer, Roddick, Ginepri, Hewitt, Henman and Rrusedski are self explanatory, Clement had the short guy syndrome.

So, could you explain me why you dislike Agassi, Fish and Haas?

SanTaureau Fan
01-29-2004, 03:26 AM
What's wrong with Ginepri?

Action Jackson
01-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Lurker you have a good memory that is for sure

Originally posted by TennisLurker
Clement had the short guy syndrome.

It's not just that he is very rude to the ballkids as well, which I am not a fan of generally.

Agassi I remember when he was a mullet and a beard, and I don't think he has fundamentally changed that much, outwardly he has, but that doesn't mean he is any different from before when he was labelled "Scumbagassi". At least finally he is a gracious loser these days.

Gambill is too pathetic to dislike, Haas he was all this hype and never really delivered and he used to cat matches when things weren't going his away too often. Fish there is something about his personality I am not too keen on, and really he should have been numer 10 instead of 9.

Originally posted by Andy This Andy That
What's wrong with Ginepri?

When I first saw him play, I thought who was this joke, he is almost as bad as Lars Burgsmuller. I don't like Hewitt, but when he gave him the double bagel I just laughed.

I call him Robby "I have big muscles, but no game" Ginepri. He will only do well on the hardcourts and not much else, yes he won Newport on grass but that traditionally doesn't have a very strong field.

His personality isn't very likeable, he struts around the court like he is King Sh*t, but he is only King Sh*t of turd island. At least Roddick has ability and has won major tournaments and it's understandable why he struts around the court like he's the man. It doesn't mean I like it, but I understand it.

rogicomel
01-29-2004, 04:43 AM
The players I like the least/don't like at all:

1. Anti Roddick
2. Lleyton Hewitt
3. Tim Henman
4. Robby Ginepri
5. Vince Spadea
6. Mardy Fish
7. Andre Agassi
8. Taylor Dent
9. Greg Rusedski
10. Ivan Ljubicic

Deboogle!.
01-29-2004, 04:45 AM
CooCooCachoo, I hope you'll give us nation stats on this one too.

Chloe le Bopper
01-29-2004, 06:40 AM
CooCooCachoo, I hope you'll give us nation stats on this one too.
Why would they be relevant?

Certain countries make up a good chunk of the top 100... and a good number of posters on this board are frequently exposed to some of those nations players over others...

WyverN
01-29-2004, 06:53 AM
I guess the only question is will Lleyton be ahead of Roddick in this poll
any results?

Action Jackson
01-29-2004, 07:25 AM
I think Roddick might just win, but I don't think it will be by a big margin.

Clara Bow
01-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Quote:
blake (he just seems to have a huge ego, maybe i'm wrong...) : end Quote

Actually, I have met Blake on a couple of occasions (though some charity organization work- I am in the nonprofit industry) and I have to disagree with this. He is one of the nicest, most sincere professional athletes that I have met (I have met a few through my line of work).

He seems to be very appreciative of where he is (i.e. being able to be a professional tennis player). One thing that really struck me about Blake was that he is appears to be quite sincere and thinks about what he is saying before he says it. He and I both had to wear braces for scoliosis when we were in high school and we talked a bit about that.

I know this is the "most hated" thread and I am not jumping over anyone's opinion but I just had to say that James Blake does not seem (from my run-ins with him) to have an ego and is a very sweet fellow. I would add this to the "most liked" thread but I believe that that the official poll of that thread is now closed. ;)

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 07:40 AM
I really dislike the way Santoro is playing, and his head doesn't help too

LOL Well that goes to show that every player has his fans and haters, I guess. I actually really like Fabrice's play.

MisterQ, how can you dislike Karol Kucera? Tell me, please ;)

JeLuliA88
01-29-2004, 07:47 AM
Here's my pick...

1. Lleyton Hewitt
2. Rusedski
3. Ljubicic
4. Roddick
5. Philippoussis
6. Dent
7. Chela
8. Rios

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 07:52 AM
OK These are the results so far:

Nr.: Player: Points:
--------------------------------------------------

1. Roddick, Andy (USA) 88
2. Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS) 80
3. Rusedski, Greg (GBR) 62
4. Agassi, Andre (USA) 46
5. Corνa, Guillermo (ARG) 44
6. Bogomolov Jr., Alex (USA) .............36
7. Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS).......... 27
8. Rios, Marcelo (CHI) ............24
8. Haas, Tommy (GER) 24
10. Nalbandian, David (ARG) 22
11. Massu, Nicolas (CHI) 20
12. Philippoussis, Mark (AUS) ............19
12. Henman, Tim (GBR) ............19
14. Ginepri, Robby (USA) 18
15. Mathieu, Paul-Henri (FRA) ............16
16. Lapentti, Nicolas (ECU) 15
17. Schόttler, Rainer (GER) 12
18. Ljubicic, Ivan (CRO) 10
18. Clιment, Arnaud (FRA) 10
20. Gonzalez, Fernando (CHI) ............9
20. Lisnard, Jean-Renι (FRA) 9
20. Corretja, Alex (ESP) 9
20. Chela, Juan Ignacio (ARG) ............9
24. Reid, Todd (AUS) ............8
24. Santoro, Fabrice (FRA) 8
24. Costa, Albert (ESP) 8
24. Malisse, Xavier (BEL) 8
28. Lopez, Feliciano (ESP) 7
28. Davydenko, Nikolay (RUS)............ 7
28. Zabaleta, Mariano (ARG) 7
28. Gambill, Jan Michael (USA) ............7
28. Federer, Roger (SUI) 7
28. Dent, Taylor (USA) ............7
34. Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA) 6
34. Sargsian, Sargis (ARM) 6
36. Youzhny, Mikhail (RUS) 5
36. Gaudio, Gaston (ARG) 5
36. Blake, James (USA) 5
39. Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP) 4
40. Vicente, Fernando (ESP) 3
40. Arthurs, Wayne (AUS) 3
40. Caρas, Guillermo (ARG) 3
43. Ferrer, David (ESP) 2
43. Stepanek, Radek (CZE) 2
43. Rochus, Olivier (BEL) 2
46. Labadze, Irakli (GEO) 1

Mind you, not all votes have been processed yet!

Their votes have already been counted (and thank you for voting ;)):

CooCooCachoo, jcman, WyverN, HybridTheory, TennisLurker, jumi, jorisv, Experimentee, oxy, Aranince, Knuddel, Ma. Estefania, Pea, Sjengster, Mr.Man, Hispanica

Keep voting! Country stats coming up!

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Country rankings

Nr. Country (Points: players)
------------------------------------------------------------------

1. United States (207 points: Agassi, J. Blake, Bogomolov Jr., Dent, Gambill, Ginepri, Roddick)
2. Australia (110 points: Arthurs, Hewitt, Philippoussis, Reid)
3. Argentina (90 points: Caρas, Chela, Corνa, Gaudio, Nalbandian, Zabaleta)
4. Great Britain (81 points: Henman, Rusedski)
5. Chile (53 points: Gonzalez, Massu, Rios)
6. France (43 points: Clιment, Lisnard, Mathieu, Santoro)
7. Russia (39 points: Davydenko, Kafelnikov, Youzhny)
8. Germany (36 points: Haas, Schόttler)
9. Spain (33 points: Corretja, Costa, Ferrer, Ferrero, F. Lopez, Vicente)
10. Ecuador (15 points: N. Lapentti)
11. Croatia (10 points: Ljubicic)
11. Belgium (10 points: Malisse, O. Rochus)
13. Switzerland (7 points: Federer)
14. Thailand (6 points: Srichaphan)
14. Armenia (6 points: Sargsian)
16. Czech Republic (2 points: Stepanek)
17. Georgia (1 point: Labadze)

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Are you wondering how high your favourite player is ranked in the Top 100 Fan’s Favorites (FF) or Top 100 Fan’s Most Hated / Least Favorite Players (MH/LF)? Below you will find an alphabetical list, containing all the players that have scored points in either or both of the threads. The rankings have been made possible because of the voters. Haven’t voted yet? Do so now! ;)

Alphabetical list:

Player: Country: FF Rank: MH/LF Rank:

Agassi, Andre United States 7 4
Ancic, Mario Croatia 67 -
Arazi, Hicham Morocco 35 -
Arthurs, Wayne Australia - 40
Aspelin, Simon Sweden 71 -
Bastl, George Switzerland 82 -
Bjφrkman, Jonas Sweden 38 -
Blake, James United States 23 36
Bogomolov Jr., Alex United States 56 6
Boutter, Julien France 61 -
Calleri, Agustνn Argentina 57 -
Caρas, Guillermo Argentina 81 40
Chela, Juan Ignacio Argentina 88 20
Clιment, Arnaud France 23 18
Corνa, Guillermo Argentina 10 5
Corretja, Alex Spain 14 20
Costa, Albert Spain 26 24
Davydenko, Nikolay Russia - 28
Dent, Taylor United States 44 28
Draper, Scott Australia 76 -
El Aynaoui, Younes Morocco 9 -
Enqvist, Thomas Sweden 39 -
Escudι, Nicolas France 52 -
Federer, Roger Switzerland 2 28
Ferreira, Wayne South Africa 76 -
Ferrer, David Spain - 43
Ferrero, Juan Carlos Spain 3 39
Fish, Mardy United States 29 -
Gambill, Jan-Michael United States - 28
Gasquet, Richard France 42 -
Gaudio, Gaston Argentina 28 36
Ginepri, Robby United States 88 14
Golmard, Jιrτme France 82 -
Gonzalez, Fernando Chile 27 20
Grosjean, Sιbastien France 8 -
Haas, Tommy Germany 18 8
Henman, Tim Great Britain 12 12
Heuberger, Ivo Switzerland 76 -
Hewitt, Lleyton Australia 11 2
Hrbaty, Dominik Slovakia 57 -
Ivanisevic, Goran Croatia 25 -
Johansson, Joachim Sweden 82 -
Johansson, Thomas Sweden 95 -
Kafelnikov, Yevgeny Russia 20 7
Karlovic, Ivo Croatia 61 -
Kiefer, Nicolas Germany 33 -
Koubek, Stefan Austria 67 -
Kratochvil, Michel Switzerland 67 -
Kucera, Karol Slovakia 37 -
Kuerten, Gustavo Brazil 6 -
Labadze, Irakli Georgia - 46
Lapentti, Nicolas Ecuador 76 16
Larkham, Todd Australia (101) -
Lisnard, Jean-Renι France - 20
Ljubicic, Ivan Croatia 61 18
Llodra, Michael France 76 -
Lopez, Feliciano Spain 41 28
Luczak, Peter Australia 97 -
Mackin, Alan Great Britain 88 -
Malisse, Xavier France 31 24
Mantνlla, Felνx Spain 33 -
Martνn, Alberto Spain 88 -
Martin, Todd United States 43 -
Massu, Nicolas Chile 97 11
Mathieu, Paul-Henri France - 15
Melzer, Jurgen Austria 95 -
Mirnyi, Max Belarus 21 -
Moyα, Carlos Spain 5 -
Nadal, Rafael Spain 17 -
Nalbandian, David Argentina 4 10
Nestor, Daniel Canada 88 -
Nieminen, Jarkko Finland 52 -
Norman, Dick Belgium 88 -
Norman, Magnus Sweden 39 -
Novak, Jiri Czech Rep. (101) -
Pavel, Andrei Romania 88 -
Philippoussis, Mark Australia 14 12
Popp, Alexander Germany 71 -
Portas, Albert Spain 67 -
Rafter, Patrick Australia 46 -
Reid, Todd Australia 47 24
Rios, Marcelo Chile 36 8
Robredo, Tommy Spain 13 -
Rochus, Olivier Belgium 19 43
Roddick, Andy United States 16 1
Rosset, Marc Switzerland 47 -
Rusedski, Greg Great Britain 45 3
Safin, Marat Russia 1 -
Santoro, Fabrice France 31 24
Saretta, Flavio Brazil 47 -
Sargsian, Sargis Armenia 82 34
Saulnier, Cyril France (101) -
Schalken, Sjeng The Netherlands 76 -
Schόttler, Rainer Germany 22 17
Sluiter, Raemon The Netherlands 47 -
Sφderling, Robin Sweden 57 -
Spadea, Vincent United States (101) -
Srichaphan, Paradorn Thailand 30 34
Stanoytchev, Orlin Bulgaria 97 -
Stepanek, Radek Czech Rep. - 43
Tipsarevic, Janko Bosnia Herz. 71 -
Vahaly, Brian United States 61 -
Van Lottum, John The Netherlands 52 -
Verdasco, Fernando Spain 82 -
Verkerk, Martin The Netherlands 71 -
Vicente, Fernando Spain - 40
Vinciguerra, Andreas Sweden 82 -
Vliegen, Kristof Belgium 51 -
Volandri, Filippo Italy 52 -
Wawrinka, Stanislas Switzerland 61 -
Woodbridge, Todd Australia 97 -
Youzhny, Mikhail Russia 20 36
Zabaleta, Mariano Argentina 61 28

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Sorry for the lay-out. Next time it will be better ;)

Aurora
01-29-2004, 07:57 AM
I'm wondering what's up with N Lapentti and Corretja :confused:

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Well Lapentti isn't all that friendly and I don't like his game either, but Corretja surprised me as well.

Aurora
01-29-2004, 08:13 AM
no? guess I'm fooled by his face
the choice Corretja is weird indeed, I once used his gentleman matches on RG to prove to girlfriends mens tennis isn't "macho's trying to outsmash each other"

HybridTheory
01-29-2004, 01:16 PM
i think that people who like younger players with a good serve and fast shots, they dont like Alex because his game isnt like them

Ma. Estefania
01-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Well Lapentti isn't all that friendly and I don't like his game either

I won't complain about his game; but unfriendly? No way, I think that sometimes he's even too nice and calm, he's quiet and sort of shy, but not unfriendly, he hangs out well with most of the latinamerican and spanish players.

sigmagirl91
01-29-2004, 04:09 PM
My least favorite are Roddick and Hewitt....

CooCooCachoo
01-29-2004, 04:52 PM
I won't complain about his game; but unfriendly? No way, I think that sometimes he's even too nice and calm, he's quiet and sort of shy, but not unfriendly, he hangs out well with most of the latinamerican and spanish players.

I didn't say he was unfriendly. I just said he isn't all that friendly. Maybe he is shy indeed, could well be. I am not complaining about his personality, only I think that he is not one of the friendliest players on the Tour and that that could be a reason for someone to vote for him (I didn't!)

TennisLurker
01-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Could anyone please explain me reasons to dislike Zabaleta?

HybridTheory
01-29-2004, 05:16 PM
yeah i wonder about that too

Ma. Estefania
01-29-2004, 05:26 PM
I didn't say he was unfriendly. I just said he isn't all that friendly.

Oki, sorry for misunderstood it. ;)

About Zabaleta? Well...I didn't vote for him, but anyway I don't like him that much, he seems to be a bit cocky...

propi
01-29-2004, 05:39 PM
1. Roddick
2. Hewitt
3. El Aynaoui
4. Philippoussis
5. Agassi
6. Dent
7. Fish
8. Henman
9. Kuerten
10. Arthurs

sigmagirl91
01-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Propi, I like Kuerten and El Aynaoui, but the rest of the list, I am in total agreement.

Hispanica
01-29-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm sad Corretja has 20 points for most hated or liked player.. He is the one who made me like tennis and he is such a gentleman but it'a right that he doesn't have the game Roddick or Safin has...

propi
01-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Propi, I like Kuerten and El Aynaoui, but the rest of the list, I am in total agreement.
I admit I have my doubts with both them... ;) if I put them is because Sampras is retired and I couldn't think about others ;)

soink2
01-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Least favorite
1 Roger Federer
2 Greg Rusedski
3 Sabastian Grojean
4 Marcello Rios
5 Juan Carlos Ferrero
6 James Blake
7 Alex Corretja
8 Yuvgeny Kafelnikov
9 Mark Philippousis
10 Andre Agassi

jrm
01-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Least favourite

1. IVANISEVIC
2. RODDICK
3. HEWITT
4. HENMAN
5. CORIA
6. HAAS
7. MOYA
8. AGASSI

Darran
01-29-2004, 07:12 PM
1. Roddick
2. Todd Martin
3. Arthurs
4. Woodbridge
5. Puerta
6. Nalbandian
7. Hewitt
8. Coria
9. JCF
10. Escude

sigmagirl91
01-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Least favorite
1 Roger Federer
2 Greg Rusedski
3 Sabastian Grojean
4 Marcello Rios
5 Juan Carlos Ferrero
6 James Blake
7 Alex Corretja
8 Yuvgeny Kafelnikov
9 Mark Philippousis
10 Andre Agassi

Rios is a headcase; Rusedski is a whiner; and I don't really care for Kafelnikov.
I'm OK about Feds-although everyone says he's arrogant....

CanadianBoy18
01-29-2004, 07:16 PM
1. Roddick
2. Rusedski
3. Blake
4. Corretja
5. Albert Costa
6. Henman
7. Hewitt
8. Ginepri
9. Fish
10. Coria

Gandalf
01-29-2004, 07:22 PM
1-Andy Roddick
2-Lleyton Hewitt
3-Alex Corretja
4-Feliciano Lopez
5-Fabrice Santoro
6-Carlos Moya
7-Rainer Schuettler
8-James Blake
9-Gustavo Kuerten
10-Marcelo Rνos

Tricky_Forehand
01-29-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm sad Corretja has 20 points for most hated or liked player.. He is the one who made me like tennis and he is such a gentleman but it'a right that he doesn't have the game Roddick or Safin has...

I'm sad that Alex Bogomolov ranks so high on the "least liked" list and the only explanation anyone has offered for it was because of his match against Verkerk. Maybe it's because I know Alex a little from talking to him but he has a great personality and is one of the nicest guys i have met. And his game is awesome on top of that.

I don't dislike Corretja's personality because he seems nice, it's just that his game does nothing for me.

If possible, I would like to add Taylor Dent as #5. Another player with not a whole lot to his game.

Fumus
01-29-2004, 07:31 PM
1. The worst fans are the ones that hate Roddick because he is awesome.

Least Fav players

1. Roger Federer(was Pete Sampras)
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Marat Safin
4. Reiner Schueltter
5. Lleyton Hewitt
6. Carlos Moya
7. Shane Schalken
8. Marc Philipussis
9. Jonas Bjorkman
10. Tommy Haas

Aranince
01-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey Aranince, why did you vote for Ivan Ljubicic? Just wondering..

Cuz he's such a baby!! I hate it what he said about Roddick after he lost!
He's just a sore loser... :angel:

FLL
01-29-2004, 07:58 PM
1- Andy Roddick
2- Andre Agassi
3- Wayne Arthurs
4- James Blake
5- Radek Stepanek
6- Alex Corretja
7- Nicolay Davydenko
8- Ravzan Zabau
9- Mark Philippoussis
10- Greg Rusedski

Yonge
01-29-2004, 08:35 PM
I don't hate any players, really. But here are the players that sometimes annoy me BUT sometimes I actually cheer for.

1.) Schalken
2.) Corretja
3.) Feliciano Lopez
4.) Taylor Dent
5.) Juan Carlos Ferrero (this one's a love-hate pick)
6.) Gimelstob
7.) Karlovic
-------------------------

My all time most hated player: BRAD GILBERT (But I like Andy)
Runner-up: Pat MacEnroe

Deboogle!.
01-29-2004, 08:44 PM
I guess I could chime in.... though, my picks go in the "least liked" category... I don't hate anyone.

1. Ljubicic
2. Schuettler
3. Spadea
4. Rusedski
5. Federer

um.. that's about it.

Havok
01-29-2004, 09:05 PM
least liked players:
1.Lleyton Hewitt
2.Roger Federer
3.Ivan Ljubicic
4.Greg Rusedski
5.Tim Henman
6.James Blake
7.Jan-Michael Gambill
8.David Nalbandian
9.Rainer Schuettler
10.Albert Costa

andylover_16
01-29-2004, 09:12 PM
see more proof...bette start working on getting smart...there's no more ime to waste unless you want to end up like Heya

you sure are objectionable...at least i can spell time:)...ive never met you before and youve never met me before..so lets not get to personal with each other..and Heya on the other hand is not "stupid"..he just has his own opinions that you may not agree with..besides..their is no need to bring him up in your post:)...

anyways maybe i did misunderstand the thread...

so the players i dislike the most would be

1. Yuvgeny Kafelnikov (the king of trash talkers!, bad sport!!)
can you tell i really really dont like him yet?
2.Juan Carlos Ferrero
3.Andre Agassi

^couldnt choose which one was second and which one was third

4. Mardy Fish

5. Marat Safin (he would have been number 2or3 a few weeks ago...but im starting to get mixed feelings about him..so i will place him last:)..because im still not a big fan

Kristen
01-30-2004, 02:04 AM
I don't hate any players, really. But here are the players that sometimes annoy me BUT sometimes I actually cheer for.
-------------------------

I was debating whether or not i should post here... but there are a few players that have gotten on my nerves at some stage over the past year...so:
1. Lleyton!
2. Gaston Gaudio
3. Pradorn Srichiphan
4. Todd Reid
5. Mark Knowles (I think its his passion. He should quit whining so much)
6. Mardy Fish
7. Davide Sanguinetti (Always thought he was a complete gentleman. maybe he is. but his behaviour last week was disgusting. Made me pity Hanescu having to be his partner :( )

LubiG
01-30-2004, 04:03 AM
1-Roddick
2-Agassi
3-Shuettler
4-Hewitt
5-Gaudio
6-Phillipousis
7-Henman
8-Lopez
Can't really think of any other.

Most of them i don't hate... only dislike.

CooCooCachoo
01-30-2004, 06:49 AM
I was debating whether or not i should post here...

It's not only about the players you hate, but also about the players you like least. :)

CooCooCachoo
01-30-2004, 06:54 AM
I'm sad that Alex Bogomolov ranks so high on the "least liked" list and the only explanation anyone has offered for it was because of his match against Verkerk. Maybe it's because I know Alex a little from talking to him but he has a great personality and is one of the nicest guys i have met. And his game is awesome on top of that.

With that Verkerk incident Bogomolov Jr. really got on my nerve. I cannot tolerate such behaviour and I don't see Martin lying about it. If Alex indeed called Martin the m-word, then he deserves the number one spot without a doubt.

Next to that, I don't like his play and I hate it when people have Jr. added to their name (although the latter is absolutely no reason to vote for him ;)).

lalaland
01-30-2004, 07:06 AM
1. RODDICK
2. Fish
3. Rusedski
4. Philippousis
5. Srichaphan
6. Gambill
7. Ferreira
8. Federer
9. Haas
10. Coria

lsy
01-30-2004, 07:38 AM
Here's my list:

1) Leyton Hewitt
2) Andy Roddick

It's not that the above 2 is so bad that they're the only one in my list but more because unfortunately I don't get to watch many matches on TV here and they are the one among those I watched that caught my attention.

Honestly can't think of any others maybe barely one i.e. :
3) Ferrero (I actually like him until the match with Ferreira in Madrid and his weird non-existence performance vs David in Houston Master when he's on route for No.1 spot)

Raoul Duke
01-30-2004, 08:26 AM
1. Hewitt (I've learned to appreciate the way he plays and how skilled he actually needs to be to play that way. Originally I just thought of him as a very fast scrambler with a I'll rather die than lose attitude........and suprise suprise it is the attitude that makes him numero uno on my list. So much negativity (unlike Roddick)....I think he is the only player I really felt like just wanting to beat the crap out of. Best example of course the Blake ordeal...)

2. Rusedski (again just not a very likeable guy least of all when he tries to act like a nice guy. Even when he got robbed in Split against Goran some years ago I just couldn't feel sorry for him and what a relief that he didn't get the satisfaction of being the one ending Sampras career at the U.S open. That would have been a travesty)

3. Thomas Johansson (can you think of a more boring personality? No my main grudge against him is that I hate to see unworthty Grand Slam winners........but I guess I should blame Maret for that one and not Thomas ;)

4. Gustavo Kuerten (I like his personallity not a bad word about it. But from the first time I watched him take apart one former French Open champion after another......I've just disliked his game. The way he hits the ball......basically his technique. Somehow it is just too damn primitive for my liking I just find it frustrating to watch especially when it its just a tiny little bit off and he looks like a guy who is playing tennis for the first time ever......

5. David Nalbandian (he ruined Wimbledon one year didn't he? He knocks out every entertaining player he can get his greasy hands on :mad: Just allround boring. One positive thing though..his interviews are so boring and pointless they often turn into absurd comedy. Don't like his serve either. His serve has somehow become a guarantee that a boring rally is coming up. Neutralizes all the fun. It's actually quite amazing when you think about it.)

6. Jiri Novak (I used to really appreciate the high skill level of most of the Czeq/Slovak players but not this guy. Too boring...)

That's it. Luckilly I have a lot more players I like than dislike. That must be a good thing :)

Plastic Bertrand
01-30-2004, 08:30 AM
No accounting for taste, this is good that there a whole lot of different opinions on here.

Tricky_Forehand
01-30-2004, 09:01 AM
With that Verkerk incident Bogomolov Jr. really got on my nerve. I cannot tolerate such behaviour and I don't see Martin lying about it. If Alex indeed called Martin the m-word, then he deserves the number one spot without a doubt.

Next to that, I don't like his play

Thank you for explaining your position as being more than just the "Verkerk incident." I understand that Alex does rub some people wrong but I guess I just don't see how a guy so nice and is such a fighter on court can be disliked :confused: . To each their own though :) .

and I hate it when people have Jr. added to their name (although the latter is absolutely no reason to vote for him ;)).

Well, that's not exactly his fault. His father was also involved in Tennis (and still is from what I understand but sticks to coaching in Russia) so it's not Alex's fault that he's a Jr.

CooCooCachoo
01-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Well, that's not exactly his fault. His father was also involved in Tennis (and still is from what I understand but sticks to coaching in Russia) so it's not Alex's fault that he's a Jr.

Of course I understand that (Doh) ;) But I think it sounds snobbish.. But it's not his fault and I don't blame him either.

sigmagirl91
01-30-2004, 03:11 PM
OK, Raoul, thanks for breaking it down for us. Seems like to me you hate these players for WINNING.......

||[JCFerrero]||
01-30-2004, 04:04 PM
1.Roddick(perghh)
2.Agassi
3.Hewitt
4.Kuerten
5.Taylor Dent

Raoul Duke
01-31-2004, 12:50 AM
OK, Raoul, thanks for breaking it down for us. Seems like to me you hate these players for WINNING.......

Well who wants to see their least favorite players winning :confused:

Not me :rolleyes:

Raoul Duke
01-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Well who wants to see their least favorite players winning :confused:

Not me :rolleyes:

Oh and I think it would be great if more people would give their actual reasons for disliking certain players. Same goes with the favorite players thread.

Makes it more sensible and of course interesting to know why someone like/dislike a certain player. I'm really curious about a lot of the picks...

sigmagirl91
01-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Well, Raoul, you need to take your advice. Re-read your post. It contains a lot of nonsense, and not any real substance as to why you dislike the players you listed.

Raoul Duke
01-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Well, Raoul, you need to take your advice. Re-read your post. It contains a lot of nonsense, and not any real substance as to why you dislike the players you listed.

:confused: Listen my "advice" (more like a suggestion really) was for people to give reasons (or examples) for their picks cause it would make things more interesting....and that's exactly what I tried to do in my post!

I realize this is extremely subjective (like it should be) but that doesn't automatically make it a lot of nonsense. And to call it nonsense without giving any examples whatsoever is pretty shallow in my opinion.

1DICKrodDICK1
01-31-2004, 01:41 AM
1- Roddick
2. Fish
3. Blake
4.M. Bryan
5. B. Bryan
6. Paradorn S
7 Spadea
8. Escude
9. Ferreira
10. Verkerk

Havok
01-31-2004, 01:53 AM
i love the way you dislike Roddick the most, but his name is plastered in your name here on mtf:rolleyes:

Alan
01-31-2004, 02:02 AM
1. Roddick,
2. Henman
3. Ivanesevic

Action Jackson
01-31-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Ma. Estefania
About Zabaleta? Well...I didn't vote for him, but anyway I don't like him that much, he seems to be a bit cocky...

He is far from cocky, and in fact is one of the more likeable guys around the tour.

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2004, 07:29 AM
I agree on Zabaleta, he is ok. Still don't understand the amount of votes Clιment receives (and Federer too), but oh heck.. here it goes: the updated rankings.

Nr.: Player: ……………………. Points:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. (=) Roddick, Andy (USA) ………..246
2. (=) Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS) ………..181
3. (=) Rusedski, Greg (GBR) ………..172
4. (=)Agassi, Andre (USA) ………..105
5. (+9) Ginepri, Robbie (USA).………....82
6. (-1) Corνa, Guillermo (ARG)………. 63
7. (+5) Philippoussis, Mark (AUS) …...51
7. (+5) Henman, Tim (GBR) …………51
9. (-1) Rios, Marcelo (CHI) ………..50
10. (=) Nalbandian, David (ARG)…… 46
11. (=) Massu, Nicolas (CHI) ………...39
12. (-5) Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS)……38
13. (-7) Bogomolov Jr., Alex (USA)……36
14. (+25) Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP) ……….35
15. (-7) Haas, Tommy (GER)……………32
16. (+12) Dent, Taylor (USA) ……………..30
17. (=) Schόttler, Rainer (GER)………...28
18. (=) Ljubicic, Ivan (CRO) …………27
18. (-3) Mathieu, Paul-Henri (FRA)……27
18. (-) Fish, Mardy (USA) ……………..27
18. (+16) Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA) ……27
22. (+6) Federer, Roger (SUI) ……………26
23. (+5) Gambill, Jan Michael (USA) ……24
24. (-) Spadea, Vincent (USA) …………..20
24. (-) Ferreira, Wayne (RSA) …………..20
24. (+19) Stepanek, Radek (CZE) …………..20
27. (+9) Blake, James (USA) ………………19
28. (-10) Clιment, Arnaud (FRA)….……18
28. (-4) Malisse, Xavier (BEL) ………….18
30. (-10) Corretja, Alex (ESP) ……………17
31. (-15) Lapentti, Nicolas (ECU)………..15
32. (-12) Gonzalez, Fernando (CHI).……..13
32. (-12) Chela, Juan Ignacio (ARG) ……..13
34. (-) Kuerten, Gustavo (BRA) ………..12
35. (-7) Lopez, Feliciano (ESP) ………….11
35. (-15) Lisnard, Jean-Renι (FRA)………11
37. (-) Kucera, Karol (SVK) ……………..10
38. (-14) Costa, Albert (ESP) ……………..9
39. (-15) Reid, Todd (AUS) ………………8
39. (-15) Santoro, Fabrice (FRA) …………8
39. (-) Johansson, Thomas (SWE) ………8
39. (-) Tabara, Michal (CZE) ……………8
43. (-15) Davydenko, Nikolay (RUS) …….7
43. (-7) Gaudio, Gaston (ARG) …………..7
43. (-15) Zabaleta, Mariano (ARG) ………7
43. (-) Verkerk, Martin (NED) …………7
47. (-13) Sargsian, Sargis (ARM) ………….6
47. (-) Enqvist, Thomas (SWE) ………….6
47. (-) Grosjean, Sιbastien (FRA) ……….6
50. (-7) Rochus, Olivier (BEL) ……………5
50. (-14) Youzhny, Mikhail (RUS) ………...5
50. (-) Novak, Jiri (CZE) …………………5
53. (-) Prinosil, David (GER) ……………4
53. (-) Mahut, Nicolas (FRA) ……………4
55. (-15) Vicente, Fernando (ESP) …………3
55. (-15) Arthurs, Wayne (AUS) …………..3
55. (-15) Caρas, Guillermo (ARG) …………3
55. (-) Bryan, Bob (USA) ………………..3
55. (-) Gimelstob, Justin (USA) …………3
60. (-7) Ferrer, David (ESP) ………………2
60. (-) Sanguinetti, Davide (ITA) ………..2
60. (-) Kiefer, Nicolas (GER) ……………2
60. (-) Bryan, Mike (USA) ………………2
64. (-) Ascione, Thierry (FRA) ………….1
64. (-18) Labadze, Irakli (GEO) ……………1

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2004, 07:30 AM
Country rankings

Nr. Country (Points: players)
------------------------------------------------------------------

1. United States (589 points: Agassi, J. Blake, Bogomolov Jr., B. Bryan, M. Bryan, Dent, Fish, Gambill, Gimelstob, Ginepri, Roddick, Spadea)
2. Australia (239 points: Arthurs, Hewitt, Philippoussis, Reid)
3. Great Britain (223 points: Henman, Rusedski)
4. Argentina (139 points: Caρas, Chela, Corνa, Gaudio, Nalbandian, Zabaleta)
5. Chile (102 points: Gonzalez, Massu, Rios)
6. Spain (77 points: Corretja, Costa, Ferrer, Ferrero, F. Lopez, Vicente)
7. France (75 points: Ascione, Clιment, Grosjean, Lisnard, Mahut, Mathieu, Santoro)
8. Germany (66 points: Haas, Kiefer, Prinosil, Schόttler)
9. Russia (50 points: Davydenko, Kafelnikov, Youzhny)
10. Czech Republic (33 points: Novak, Stepanek, Tabara)
11. Croatia (27 points: Ljubicic)
11. Thailand (27 points: Srichaphan)
13. Switzerland (26 points: Federer)
14. Belgium (23 points: Malisse, O. Rochus)
15. South Africa (20 points: Ferreira)
16. Ecuador (15 points: N. Lapentti)
17. Sweden (14 points: Enqvist, T. Johansson)
18. Brazil (12 points: Kuerten)
19. Slovakia (10 points: Kucera)
20. The Netherlands (7 points: Verkerk)
21. Armenia (6 points: Sargsian)
22. Italy (2 points: Sanguinetti)
23. Georgia (1 point: Labadze)

Peta Pan
01-31-2004, 07:33 AM
Don't 'hate' anyone, but I don't care for seeing any of the following play. From dislike to just disinterest.

1. Marcelo Rios
2. Lleyton Hewitt
3. Greg Rusedski
4. Ivan Ljubicic
5. Gustavo Kuerten
6. Xavier Malisse
7. Robby Ginepri
8. Andre Agassi
9. Roger Federer
10. Mardy Fish

:)Peta

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2004, 07:33 AM
Their votes have already been counted (and thank you for voting ;)):

CooCooCachoo, jcman, WyverN, HybridTheory, TennisLurker, jumi, jorisv, Experimentee, oxy, Aranince, Knuddel, Ma. Estefania, Pea, Sjengster, Mr.Man, Hispanica, Lalaland, Isy, Plastic Bertrand, Raoul Duke, sigmagirl91, Croat123, GeorgeWHitler, rogicomel, JeLuliA88, Yashirobai, Tennis724, Conchon, Azza, Andy This Andy That, TheBoiledEgg, Riley Finn, tangerine_dream, Ilhame, Rosie, swirlingblacklily, MisterQ, Billabong

Keep voting! (Some changes still need to be made, therefore not each and every vote has been processed yet, but, of course, will be later on!)

Deboogle!.
01-31-2004, 03:51 PM
how can anyone hate the Bryan brothers?? :confused:

Crazy_Fool
01-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Did not notice this thread before.

1. Ljbijic(sp?)
2. Federer
3. Nalbandian
4. Roddick
5. Rusedski
6. Philiposis
7. Schuttler
8. Vekerk

I dont hate anyone else.

*Ljubica*
01-31-2004, 04:06 PM
how can anyone hate the Bryan brothers?? :confused:

I don't HATE anyone bunk - but I did put the Bryan Brothers on my list because they just irritate the hell out of me :devil: , - can't really explain it - just a bit too "squeaky clean little college boys" for me if you see what I mean.

Deboogle!.
01-31-2004, 04:23 PM
aw but they're such fun nice guys... I was hoping they'd help dubs here in the US get some more attention but they totally ignored the final last night :sad:

oxy
01-31-2004, 04:31 PM
just wondering why some of u dislike federer??? he seems a pretty nice guy to me...thou sometimes he looks a bit arrogant too but i quite like him....also ferrero n agassi(great player)??? well safin is the only new ball not to be in this list....guess he is very well-like by everyone!!! ;)

Crazy_Fool
01-31-2004, 04:33 PM
just wondering why some of u dislike federer??? he seems a pretty nice guy to me...thou sometimes he looks a bit arrogant too but i quite like him....also ferrero n agassi(great player)??? well safin is the only new ball not to be in this list....guess he is very well-like by everyone!!! ;)
He's got this kind of quiet, dont give other players enough praise, I am the best arrogance. Its not as obvious as say Roddicks but it irrates me. Maybe its just me though.

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2004, 04:46 PM
I don't agree with you at all Crazy_Fool. Roger is in fact one of the most likeable guys on the Tour and I really appreciate him. And his game is very interesting to watch as well, in contrast with e.g. Roddick, Philippousis, Rusedski.

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2004, 04:48 PM
how can anyone hate the Bryan brothers??

OK.. arrogance there?!! I totally don't like them and their doubles game sucks as well. In fact, I should change the lines below into "Good luck to all doubles players, except Bryan I and Bryan II". They screw up the doubles tournaments by winning matches with play that I don't appreciate. If only the ATP Tour had a team like Ruano Pascual/Suarez (well Llodra/Santoro is OK too and Bjφrkman/Woodbridge, but they don't come close to the Spanish and Argentine couple).

oxy
01-31-2004, 04:51 PM
If only the ATP Tour had a team like Ruano Pascual/Suarez (well Llodra/Santoro is OK too and Bjφrkman/Woodbridge, but they don't come close to the Spanish and Argentine couple).

agree...both of them have the chemistry there n their play is very good...i watched their finals match n they were awesome!!!!

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Yep oxy, and the best thing is that they have fun on court (even when they are losing..). THe only match I saw in real life was actually a match they LOST, against Petrova/Pierce, a week before Wimbledon, where they reached the final...

It was disappointing to see them play so poorly, but it was fun to watch because of the chemistry and such!

Wojtek
01-31-2004, 05:03 PM
1. Haas
2. Roddick
3. Hewitt
4. Coria
5. Bjoerkman
6. Fish
7. Mantilla
8. Dent
9. Becker
10. Zabaleta

*Ljubica*
01-31-2004, 06:17 PM
I don't agree with you at all Crazy_Fool. Roger is in fact one of the most likeable guys on the Tour and I really appreciate him. And his game is very interesting to watch as well, in contrast with e.g. Roddick, Philippousis, Rusedski.

Totally agree with you CooCooCachoo - I think Roger is a great player, a nice guy and a very worthy Number 1. I just can't imagine why anyone would dislike him, or Guga either for that matter - but I guess everyone has different tastes and it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things. Also, just wanted to say how much I agree with you about Paola Suarez and Virginia Ruano-Pascual. I'm not generally a fan of the womens' game, but I do enjoy watching these two and I'm really pleased they won the title.

Deboogle!.
01-31-2004, 06:21 PM
He's got this kind of quiet, dont give other players enough praise, I am the best arrogance. Its not as obvious as say Roddicks but it irrates me. Maybe its just me though.

I think Roger's pretty classy when it comes to other players, and I do think he's a nice guy, a great player, and a worthy #1. but there are other reasons why he's on my "least liked" list. I get the feeling he only goes out there giving about 50-75% effort, if that cuts it, then he doesn't raise his level at all, and if it doesn't, only then does he really step up his game. I'd rather see someone always give 110% out there no matter who the opponent is or how easy the match is.

And sorry... I didn't realize that the Bryans played such a horrible doubles game :rolleyes: I think they're one of the most refreshing things I've seen in tennis in a long time.

tangerine_dream
01-31-2004, 06:46 PM

I am a Fed fan and I agree ... he does have an arrogance about him, and he also strikes me as being a bit vain. Safin is extremely vain, too. I'll bet he's always checking himself out in the mirror to see how fabulous he looks before he hits the court. :haha:

But anyways, I think that most of these top athletes would not be at the top if they did not possess some kind of arrogance, or over-confidence in their game. You kind of have to be; it's part intimidation tactic (convincing others that you are great) and part brainwashing (convincing yourself that you are great).

But some players are better at masking their ego than others. ;)

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 12:59 AM
He is far from cocky, and in fact is one of the more likeable guys around the tour.

Well, maybe with you. I remember that on 1999, during a Davis Cup tie a 1999 when Argentina faced Ecuador, I went to watch that tie....and hey, he was sort of cocky at least IMO, but well....he was just 20 or 21 probably at that time :o

Apart an Argentine friend (who lives near his hometown) told me once that he's sort of arrogant at that place, you know, it's like that he has the attitude "Oh no, but I'm Mariano Zabaleta, I'm a tennis player, and I can get in wherever I want, etc." Don't know anyway. At least I perceive him as that.

jeanie_sin
02-01-2004, 03:16 AM
1. andre agassi (pls retire :rolleyes: )
2. alex corretja (davis cup 2000)
3. albert costa (davis cup 2000)
4. paradorn srichaphan (being in asia, and having to put up with a paradorn lovefest)
5. andy roddick (drama queen)
6. james blake
7. robby ginepri
8. carlos moya
9. greg rusedski
10. martin verkerk

if anyone thinks hewitt has an attitude problem, i suggest u watch yesterday's womens singles final if it is repeated. if after that, u still think hewitt has an attitude problem, sad for u

arcus
02-01-2004, 03:31 AM
1. Andy (patrick mcenroe) Roddick (hype and attidude and boring game.
2. Lleyton Hewitt. ( bad attitude )
3. Mark Philipoussis (all power and a talent waster)

but noone hold a candel to johnny mac, thomas muster or jimmy connors for sheer dislikebaility IMO

why do people hate tim henman?

Nan Cu
02-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Ferrero and Nalbandian.

Ugly whiner and Butt ugly whiner. Urgh

CooCooCachoo
02-01-2004, 08:00 AM
And sorry... I didn't realize that the Bryans played such a horrible doubles game I think they're one of the most refreshing things I've seen in tennis in a long time.

As refreshing as you think Roddick is, probably.

oxy
02-01-2004, 12:42 PM
if anyone thinks hewitt has an attitude problem, i suggest u watch yesterday's womens singles final if it is repeated. if after that, u still think hewitt has an attitude problem, sad for u

i think hewitt is a nice person off court n for most players.....i just don't like his attitude on court.....the way he perks himself up during matches really is pretty annoying...

michelleg
02-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Lest this become a novella:

My least liked (hate not in my vocab, so...)

Roddick - personal reasons, if you remember him from juniors, then you might understand why; Ytai's big bro was/is(have a torn ACL) my tennis pro.

Hewitt - Grating personality, just don't get the hype. If I were "in" to obnoxious pock-faced teenagers, maybe, but I'm so beyond those days....

Spadea - One too many run-ins at tournaments. Would someone out there find the sicko a girlfriend so he'd leave the women at tournaments alone?

Previous comments that I either agree/disagree with:

Verkirk: Martin is the ultimate gentleman, a rare person who values hard work and understands the value of such. I've the occasion to speak with him at greater length and have been impressed with his maturity beyond his years and his absolute humility.

Clement: OK so he's French. But if you've ever seen him around little kids (and my 7 year old is a classic,) he's congenial, silly, kind and charming. He is the ultimate OCD Jekyll/Hyde with one side a cranky compulsive tennis-ball-lint-obsessed curmudgeon, and the other a playful and charmingly humorous towhead. Just don't touch that hair.

Zabaleta: Humble and appreciative, the poor soul just needs a good haircut and a BATH! Really, he's a very nice and unassuming guy, just lacks a little in the personal hygiene department. He's got a much lovelier personality than Gaudio.

Vicente: Can totally understand why anyone would think him a jerk, but the point is that he could really care less what anyone else thinks, anyway. To me, that ultimately rocks. He is absolutely sure of himself, knows what he wants, and is brutally honest. Because of this, he's my favorite (even though my avatar would indicate otherwise, but that's just me promoting my own photography.)

Lopez: He's pretty and knows it. So if that is the reason you don't like him, you must have self-esteem issues. If that be the case, get over it, because Feli has a nice game to boot. Are we talking about Feli's boot-ay again, because it really does add to the appeal of his game.

Guga: Everyone loves Guga. Me, I love him when I have access to the mute button, because that whine belongs somewhere other than a tennis court.......

and with that I digress.

Good topic, young Martijn!

WyverN
02-02-2004, 03:40 AM

For someone who has for the moment clearly seperated himself as the #1 player and is endlessly being told how talented/great he is I don't think he is arrogant at all.

Q. The opinion seems to be from all the other players and most of the people around here that you have the most complete game in the game. Can you see that in yourself?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I'm maybe the most natural ball-striker, I don't know. I'm not going to start praising myself. But just for me, my game feels natural. I feel like I'm living the game when I'm out there. I feel when a guy is going to hit the ball, I know exactly with the angles and the spins, I just feel that I've got that figured out. And that is just a huge advantage.

Roger strikes me as being totally honest, his not about to praise others just to appear likeable.

WyverN
02-02-2004, 03:51 AM
I get the feeling he only goes out there giving about 50-75% effort, if that cuts it, then he doesn't raise his level at all, and if it doesn't, only then does he really step up his game. I'd rather see someone always give 110% out there no matter who the opponent is or how easy the match is.

I dont think thats the reason you "least like" Roger because werent you a fan of Pete?

Pete, the master of raising his game for one break of serve per set and then going back into cruise control.

Action Jackson
02-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Wyver I have to say I agree with those last two posts of yours.

Originally Posted by Ma. Estefania
Apart an Argentine friend (who lives near his hometown) told me once that he's sort of arrogant at that place, you know, it's like that he has the attitude "Oh no, but I'm Mariano Zabaleta, I'm a tennis player, and I can get in wherever I want, etc." Don't know anyway. At least I perceive him as that.

It looks like we have had different experiences, and I have met him on more than one occassion, he was very popular with the people in Bεstad last year when he won the title and he will be making his speech in Swedish if he makes the final again. Then again maybe as my Spanish isn't good enough to have a conversation with him in his native language, so I might miss some of his alleged arrogance.

Deboogle!.
02-02-2004, 05:45 AM
I dont think thats the reason you "least like" Roger because werent you a fan of Pete?

Pete, the master of raising his game for one break of serve per set and then going back into cruise control.

No, I didn't say that's the reason why he's a least fave... but it's not something that makes me love him either, and the reverse is true as well: I didn't like Pete for his always giving 100%, though I did love his total fighting spirit! Roger booooooooores me, Pete did not. I can't really explain it any better than that because it's really just a personal reaction that I can't control lol. It's not that I dislike Roger, he just does absolutely nothing for me. It's more apathy and ambivalence than anything else.

Action Jackson
02-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Bunk, if Federer was American would you like him?

CooCooCachoo
02-02-2004, 08:28 AM
She probably would.. Ironically, that could make me dislike him ;)

lsy
02-02-2004, 09:48 AM
For someone who has for the moment clearly seperated himself as the #1 player and is endlessly being told how talented/great he is I don't think he is arrogant at all.

Q. The opinion seems to be from all the other players and most of the people around here that you have the most complete game in the game. Can you see that in yourself?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I'm maybe the most natural ball-striker, I don't know. I'm not going to start praising myself. But just for me, my game feels natural. I feel like I'm living the game when I'm out there. I feel when a guy is going to hit the ball, I know exactly with the angles and the spins, I just feel that I've got that figured out. And that is just a huge advantage.

Roger strikes me as being totally honest, his not about to praise others just to appear likeable.

Exactly how I felt. Said how it is and how he felt, genuine and unpretentious.

Action Jackson
02-02-2004, 10:11 AM
I don't think Federer is overconfident, it's the media and former players that are wetting their pants about his game and potential.

Where are the lies in what Federer said about his own game? Actually he is probably one of the more genuine players around the tour.

Action Jackson
02-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Interesting comments michelleg, some I agree with and others I don't.

Originally posted by michelleg
Clement: OK so he's French. But if you've ever seen him around little kids (and my 7 year old is a classic,) he's congenial, silly, kind and charming. He is the ultimate OCD Jekyll/Hyde with one side a cranky compulsive tennis-ball-lint-obsessed curmudgeon, and the other a playful and charmingly humorous towhead. Just don't touch that hair.

No amount of convincing arguments will change my opinion about the gnome Clement. Ok, so he's French hahaha that hasn't stopped DiPasquale, Boutter, Varlet or Escude being good guys and not wankers like Clement and this is not just from meeting him once either. As for messing with the hair, you never want to mess with Marc Rosset's hair.

So I have self esteem issues if I don't like "Feliciano I am so beautiful, yet I don't have a backhand" Lopez? Hahahaha, that is very funny, sure he has improved his play in 2003, but he still needs a backhand and that is something looks won't get him.

joske
02-02-2004, 01:35 PM
So I have self esteem issues if I don't like "Feliciano I am so beautiful, yet I don't have a backhand" Lopez?

:lol:

Pea
02-02-2004, 04:09 PM
I think rodduck won this by a long margin.:lol:

CooCooCachoo
02-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Looks like it ;) I wonder what the results of this 'poll' would be, if filled in by the professional tennis players themselves lol

RoddickPride
02-02-2004, 08:18 PM
1. Federer :I get sick of people who win everything.
2.Coria
3.Nalbandian
4.Wayne Ferreira :he scares the life out of me!

Thats all I can think of.... if this was about the WTA, the list would be a mile long....starting with that damn Henin-Hardenne. Manish, steroid-infested piece of crap!

HybridTheory
02-02-2004, 08:34 PM
why do you hate Henin so much, RoddickPride??

RoddickPride
02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
I had no problem with her when I first saw her. Then when she started winning, in my opinion, she seemed like she thought she was all that. Then the hand incident at R.G. in 2003. And now she seems like she thinks she is an untouchable God. But you know, we all have our own opinions.

*Ljubica*
02-02-2004, 08:58 PM
1. Federer :I get sick of people who win everything.
2.Coria
3.Nalbandian
4.Wayne Ferreira :he scares the life out of me!

Thats all I can think of.... if this was about the WTA, the list would be a mile long....starting with that damn Henin-Hardenne. Manish, steroid-infested piece of crap!

Bet you didn't hate people winning everything last Summer when Roddick won two Masters' Series titles and the US Open. Sounds to me a bit like "sour grapes" against one player who has overtaken Roddick as Number 1 and another who has beaten him in their last two meetings evil: Not sure where Coria fits into this though!

As for what you're saying about Justine - I'm not a fan of hers either but I always thought libel was a serious civil offence so I'm not getting involved in that one.

HybridTheory
02-02-2004, 08:59 PM
ah ok, i don't specialy like her either, but i was just wondering why people really dislike her:)

faboozadoo15
02-02-2004, 09:15 PM
LMAO at all the #1 votes for roger... expecially after he was just voted "favorite" in the other thread.

the guy's one of the most likeable, creative, exciting, guys to ever come along with a beatiful game.

RoddickPride
02-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Bet you didn't hate people winning everything last Summer when Roddick won two Masters' Series titles and the US Open. Sounds to me a bit like "sour grapes" against one player who has overtaken Roddick as Number 1 and another who has beaten him in their last two meetings evil: Not sure where Coria fits into this though!

As for what you're saying about Justine - I'm not a fan of hers either but I always thought libel was a serious civil offence so I'm not getting involved in that one.

No, I was getting sick of Roddick winning everything. Sorry if my opinion offened you in some how? As for the number 1 thing, I could care less who is number one.

FryslanBoppe
04-05-2004, 09:08 AM
These are the ones I like the least

1. Greg Rusedski
2. Andy Roddick
3. Feli Lopez
4. Robby Ginepri
5. Andre Agassi
6. Lleyton Hewitt
7. Tim Henman
8. Guillermo Coria
9. Tommy Haas
10.Nico Kiefer

kfh_9118
04-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Players I dislike the most (in order):
1. Lleyton Hewitt
2. Taylor Dent
3. Wayne Arthurs
4. Tim Henman
5. Sjeng Schalken
6. Mariano Zabaleta
7. Hicham Arazi
8. Jonas Bjorkman

Domino
04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Dislike:
1. Rusedski
2. Roddick
3. The Poo
4. Agassi
5. Tarango

Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan
04-05-2004, 12:30 PM
1. RUDEski
2. Tarango
3. Guccione
4. Corretja
5. Costa

jazz_girl
04-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, here's the list of player I don't like:
1-Roddick
2-Nicolαs Massu
3-Chela
4-Henman
5-Hewitt
6-Spadea
7-Coria
8-Rusedski

*Ljubica*
04-05-2004, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=michelleg]Lest this become a novella:

Spadea - One too many run-ins at tournaments. Would someone out there find the sicko a girlfriend so he'd leave the women at tournaments alone?

:haha: Michelle - I have just come across this post - wow, you can tell that you and I go to the same places and the same tournaments :p Brings back too many (bad) memories!

Corey Feldman
04-05-2004, 01:45 PM
most hated:

1.marat safin
2.ivan ljubicic
3.ferrero
4.coria
5.philippoussis

toadstool
04-05-2004, 01:57 PM
1. safin
2. rusedski
3. hewitt
4. Ljubicic
5. Massu
6. Rosset

cherrylipz
04-05-2004, 03:13 PM
1.andy roddick
2.nikolas kiefer
3.Todd Martin
4.Greg Rusedski
5.Marcelo Rios
6.Wayne Arthurs
7 Wayne Ferraira
8.Vince Spadea
9.Morocco davis cup team
10. for beating G.B in 2003

alfonsojose
04-05-2004, 03:19 PM
My top ten "i don't like them" list

1. Ivanisevic
2. Coria
3. Roddick
4. Kiefer
5. Hrbaty
6. Kuerten
7. Costa
8. Philippoussis
9. Haas
10. Calleri

~EMiLiTA~
04-05-2004, 03:23 PM
in no particular order:
Hewitt, Rusedski, Gaudio, Ferreira (I don't hate him, he just annoys me), Philippoussis, Guccione, Rosset...
Think that's all for the moment but it depends on my mood so watch this space lol

alfonsojose
04-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Robredo and that sea blue outfit .. makes me feel horny :devil:

User ID 4783
04-05-2004, 04:10 PM
1. Rusedski (just remember last year's Wimbledon)
2. Haas (although he's German I really don't like him, he's unfriendly)
3. Costa (there's just something I don't like about him)
4. Roddick (don't really know why)
5. Gambill (and I also don't think he looks good!)
6. Philippoussis (I've never liked him, his play looks so strange)
7. Spadea (I find his game and personality just boring)
8. Rios (great game, but the person... :eek: )
9. Hrbaty (boring!!!)
10. Escudι (I can't look at this guy for more than a minute)

novanora
04-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Add my list:
1. Roddick
2. Philippoussis
3. Rusedski
4. Ivanisevic
5. Ferrero

Maria Giulia
04-05-2004, 04:26 PM
1) RODDICK: I dislike him a lot, he doesn't play with mind
2) RUSEDSKI: doooopiiing
And that's all. In women's tennis, I can't stand the boring Williams sisters and Capriati.

Remember that I didn't mean to offend any fan :)

BNO
04-05-2004, 05:41 PM
1. Ferrero
2. Hewitt
3.Roddick
4.Henman
5.Rusedski

yanchr
04-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I am a Fed fan and I agree ... he does have an arrogance about him, ... I'll bet he's always checking himself out in the mirror to see how fabulous he looks before he hits the court. :haha:

I agree :lol:
I notice that he doesn't often give praise to other players, just some plain good words at best. And when he is talking about himself, he is always trying not to seem too arrogant while at the same time giving himself some praise (of course all he said about himself is true IMO) but I just guess what is in his mind actually: I'm the best...it's so simple a story...so why to praise others :lol:
But I love it..it's just how things are going...

yanchr
04-05-2004, 06:03 PM
My hate list:
1. Juan Carlos Ferrero
2. Lleyton Hewitt
3. Rafael Nadal (not that he beat Roger, but that his even-more-Lleyton demeanor on court)
Then some disliked ones
4. Guillermo Coria
5. Andre Agassi
6. Rainer Schuettler
7. Paradorn Srichaphan
8. Greg Rusedski
just can think about these now

lsy
04-05-2004, 06:15 PM
I think Roger is plain direct and always say what he thinks. If he's really that arrogant and thinks he's the best, he wouldn't have just directly said that he'd just lost to a better player after his match vs a 17 year old Rafael. But I kind of agree with what tangerine_dream has to say about the checking on mirror thing looking at how he's always tucking his hair on court, sometimes I felt like screaming to him forget about your hair for god's sake, concentrate on your backhand...

yanchr
04-05-2004, 06:28 PM
:lol:lsy Actually he couldn't have cared his hair more :lol:

Roger is direct that's for sure. But I think there ARE some words that he will NEVER say in public eg. he is the best blah blah blah... I just get the feeling that he actually thinks so deep in his heart. Anyway it's just my feeling. Maybe he doesn't.

lsy
04-05-2004, 06:49 PM
ya, you would know what I meant especially watching him playing when he's in trouble, yet still thinking about the hair. Anyway I just feel like if one is really arrogant then no peers will be as generous in singing praises as many players had done that to Roger. So, yes I will think Rogi is more vain than he is as arrogant...hehe.

Neely
04-05-2004, 06:58 PM
i think hewitt is a nice person off court n for most players.....i just don't like his attitude on court.....the way he perks himself up during matches really is pretty annoying...
3. Rafael Nadal (not that he beat Roger, but that his even-more-Lleyton demeanor on court)

wow, that's funny :lol: ...these are exactly the reasons why I like these two players so much :) :woohoo:

they are showing their fists, they are pumping themselves up, they are showing emotions, they shout it out, they have a good fist-pump... nothing is more intriguing for me :D :worship:

you see, we all have our own reasons ;)

Deboogle!.
04-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Me too Neely :) I love the players who get really excited and passionate out on the court, it pumps me up too!!

Blaze
04-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Even tough at times I become annoy with him for playing with his hair but I think it is more of a habit when you are playing like most people have (ex, Andy touching and readjusting his hat all the time). But at times it is important for him to tuck it in or become distracted when a string falls in his eye.

yanchr
04-05-2004, 07:35 PM
wow, that's funny :lol: ...these are exactly the reasons why I like these two players so much :) :woohoo:

they are showing their fists, they are pumping themselves up, they are showing emotions, they shout it out, they have a good fist-pump... nothing is more intriguing for me :D :worship:

you see, we all have our own reasons ;)
:lol: so we have a different world. It's good, isn't it? At least we give out a good laugh there ;)

Neely
04-05-2004, 08:06 PM
(ex, Andy touching and readjusting his hat all the time)
I noticed that also from the beginning... I'm playing myself with a cap sometimes, too... and the funny thing is I'm doing the same and I did it long time before I saw Andy playing the first time :) (beware of copyright, Andy *g* lol)
sure, I think it becomes a habit with time, but originally I did it because after some (almost every) points, my cap didn't feel like it was in the same place like before.

Alvarillo
04-06-2004, 12:32 AM
i don't like ...
1. Lleyton Hewitt
2. Andy Roddick
3. Guillermo Coria
4. Mardy Fish
5. Mark Philippoussis
6. Taylor Dent
7. Radek Stepanek
8. Wayne Ferreira
9. David Nalbandian
10. Nicolas Escude

Carito_90
04-06-2004, 01:47 AM
What's the matter with andy? Why does eeeveryone hate him (or dislike him)?
I think he's so funny and nice to the fans.. he plays really well when he wants to and he's also so hot! you just cannot dislike him! lol

Anyways, here's my list:

1- Gaston Gaudio
2- Juan Ignacio Chela
3- Andre Agassi
4- Nicolas Massu
5- Marat Safin (although he's hot)

I cant think of any others.. it's not that i HATE em.. but i do dislike em

Action Jackson
04-06-2004, 01:53 AM
What's the matter with andy? Why does eeeveryone hate him (or dislike him)?
I think he's so funny and nice to the fans.. he plays really well when he wants to and he's also so hot! you just cannot dislike him! lol

Anyways, here's my list:

1- Gaston Gaudio
2- Juan Ignacio Chela
3- Andre Agassi
4- Nicolas Massu
5- Marat Safin (although he's hot)

I cant think of any others.. it's not that i HATE em.. but i do dislike em

It's easy to dislike Roddick and I am not going to go through all the reasons. What I will say is, use the search button and there was a thread called "Why Do People Dislike Roddick", and that will have many of the reasons there.

All I will say is he is someone who divides people, the ones that really like him or otherwise, there aren't many who are indifferent towards him.

i love paradorn
04-06-2004, 02:22 AM
i don't like
.5 ESPN & ESPN 2 & other ESPN affiliations
1. davydenko
2. mardy fish
3. spadea
4. novak
5. kiefer
6. massu
7. Lapentti, G.
8. Dan elsner
9. Rusedski

CmonAussie
04-06-2004, 02:26 AM
* It's really sad to see how universally disliked Hewitt is(:_;). I don't think people even bother to look at his many good qualities, I guess a lot of this came from the 01 USO/Blakegate thing>> which any fair person would have seen as big gas about nothing. For those who still don't understand: Hewitt was referring to the same linesperson(who happened to be black) as giving him a Foot-Fault(rare for Lleyton)"twice" in one game, and it was just Hewitt's bad coincidence that his opponent happened to be Blake(of Afro-American descent)>> so everyone gave Rocky the un-benefit of the doubt in assuming there was a link between the Double Foot Faults, the linesman & his opponent. The whole sorry saga was sheer BS!!!!!

Anyway I don't hate players but my list of dislikes is:

1) Greg Rusedski
2) Alberto Martin
3) Seb Grosjean
4) Robby Ginepri
5) David Nalbandian
6) Marat Safin (only when he's in arrogant mood & rude to the media(sometimes))
7) Andy Roddick (only when he throws baby tantrums)
8) Juan Carlos Ferrero (when he's looking& sounding arrogant)
9) Bryan Brothers (they're like two crash test dummies)
10) Mark Philippoussis (he's in the category of Love/Hate because he's often afflicted with foot in mouth, also he can't maintain any good form over more than 2-months)

Aphex
04-06-2004, 02:40 AM
Wow, the hate list:
1. Tim Henman- the ugly, arrogant, false, misconceived, overrated, choking s...b.
2. Robin Sφderling- ugly apperance, behaviour and style of play.
3. TJ, Norse, Vince and all other swedish comeback p***ies. I'd love'em if they could get a grip though.
Not active players:
Kulti, Larsson for choking when they were supposed to take over after Edberg.

The not-like-so-much-for-no-rational-reasons-whatsoever list:
1. Coria- looks like the semi-criminal, now turned MC-thug, bully of my junior high.
2. Schuettler- boring, boring, boring.
3. Ferrero- I don't know why. I just don't like him.

I always respect people's accomplishments though.
Ok, now I've revealed my antipathies.
Man, I really should lay off the :drink:

Action Jackson
04-06-2004, 05:50 AM
CmonAussie, yes, Hewitt has some redeeming qualities, but don't whinge because people don't like him. The thing is he shouldn't be saying things like that, if he called him an incompetent then it wouldn't have been so bad. That's not the only reason I dislike him and there are others as well, it was a good thing Corretja smashed him at WTC, it settled it there and then.

Aphex, Kulti var jδvla overvurderad som juniorspiller og var dritt pε touren, at least Larsson had ability and was able to beat top players.

LiZpHaIr
04-06-2004, 05:57 AM
why do you guys dislike Henman?

claudine140
04-06-2004, 06:39 AM
1 Henman: the way he is during wimbledon, he always thinks he is the champion!!!
2. schalken
3. another blond netherlander (forgot his name)
4. becker: an old one, but so slow , it took hours before he hit the ball when he was serving
5. sampras: always his tongue between his lips, he looked so dummy that way
6. malisse: when he plays not that good he is so angry and has no motivation to move on, on his hair!!!!! such a big forhead with his head behind!!!!

*Marat BigFan*
04-06-2004, 02:50 PM
1.Srichaphan
2.Roddick
3.Nalbandian
4.Coria
5.Massu
6.Mathieu
7.Lopez
8.Hewitt
9.Labadze
10.Ginepri

novanora
04-06-2004, 03:02 PM
My hate list:
1. Juan Carlos Ferrero
2. Lleyton Hewitt
Then some disliked ones
4. Guillermo Coria
5. Andre Agassi
6. Rainer Schuettler
7. Paradorn Srichaphan
8. Greg Rusedski
just can think about these now
:lol: I just thought of the word you used to describe Nadal!! Oh! so many players you hate!! I even don't know you don't like Andre?! He is one of my faves. Finally, I find some difference between my likes and yours. See u on QQ ;)

Aphex
04-06-2004, 03:19 PM
why do you guys dislike Henman?
Because he's a two-faced, overrated ******d. Gentleman Tim my ***, rather b*****d Tim.

Aphex
04-06-2004, 03:33 PM
A more formal list:
1. Henman
2. Sφderling
3. Magnus Norman
4. Thomas Johansson
5. Vinciguerra
6. Coria
7. Schόttler
8. Ferrero
9. Sluiter
10. Rusedski

:lol: Four swedes. Soon SΔPO will bust my ass for betraying my country and deport me to the real Sibiria!

Deboogle!.
04-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Because he's a two-faced, overrated ******d. Gentleman Tim my ***, rather b*****d Tim.

Hey now, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol:

Aphex
04-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Aphex, Kulti var jδvla overvurderad som juniorspiller og var dritt pε touren, at least Larsson had ability and was able to beat top players.
I like Larsson for his bohemian personality and his playing ability and style, but honestly he was an underachiever molto grande and that suxx big time in retrospect.

Kristen
04-06-2004, 04:04 PM
I love the way people defend their favourites here. Imagine the conversations I could have with Aphex! lol ;) :banghead: but overall they're not the most exciting bunch of players are they (Swedes). I like them for their attitudes (it all stems from Jonas for me...in case noone realised) :bowdown:

Actually regarding the dislike of soderling, due to (partly) attitude/behaviour.. I told Jonas Robin seemed quite friendly and Jonas seemed a bit surprised, said he'd been a little rude to people earlier. Some factors may have been:
a) strange aussie girl supporting Sweden in DC
b) my skirt? I don't know...

I find it funny that people don't like massu? What does he do? I've always been impartial more than anything (til I chose to support him for fear of bad karma!!). Is it his grunt?

And so many dislike Paradorn! I think I listed him as well. I don't know why really, he just rubs me up the wrong way some how!

Happy birthday to Vlad Voltchkov(April 7)! Keep your mouth closed against Argentina! :singer:

sara-chaz
04-06-2004, 04:16 PM
here is my most hated list :
1. Andy ROddick ( personality , boring game :zzz: )
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3Srichaphan, Paradorn ( too much coverage of him :fiery: , and his personality )
4.Roger Federer ( whenever i turn on the tv , that's him playing )
5.Jeff Morisson ( his ball heat my tummy without saying sorry afterward)
6.Massu, Nicolas ( can't stand his look)
7. Robin Soderling ( bad personality , he shows no mercy :tape: )
8.Schόttler, Rainer
9.marat safin ( his loses broke my heart :crying2: )

DanEd
04-06-2004, 04:38 PM
1- Roddick, Andy
2- Voltchkov, Vladimir
3- Ferrero, Juan Carlos
4- Robredo, Tommy
5- Kucera, Karol
6- Costa, Albert
7- Hrbaty, Dominik
8- Nieminen, Jarkko
9- Ginepri, Robby
10- Philippoussis, Mark

yanchr
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
4.Roger Federer ( whenever i turn on the tv , that's him playing )
Can we make a deal? I want to become you... ;)

Aphex
04-06-2004, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Bjorkman_Girl]I love the way people defend their favourites here. Imagine the conversations I could have with Aphex! lol ;) :banghead: QUOTE] The only reason I put TJ and Vince on my hate list is their eternal problems with injuries and lack of form frustrates me to the brink of insanity. Magnus Norman's whining, egotist ass would probably make the list anyway. :wavey:

Action Jackson
04-06-2004, 11:04 PM
A more formal list:
1. Henman
2. Sφderling
3. Magnus Norman
4. Thomas Johansson
5. Vinciguerra
6. Coria
7. Schόttler
8. Ferrero
9. Sluiter
10. Rusedski

:lol: Four swedes. Soon SΔPO will bust my ass for betraying my country and deport me to the real Sibiria!

I actually like a lot of that list apart from Vinci, but Kripos are after me as well, so SΔPO and Kripos might share intelligence and we are in trouble.

Action Jackson
04-06-2004, 11:06 PM
I like Larsson for his bohemian personality and his playing ability and style, but honestly he was an underachiever molto grande and that suxx big time in retrospect.

Agreed he was moody and didn't believe in hard work when it came to training, though he trained hard at the bar.

Fedex
04-07-2004, 04:57 AM
1. Roddick (game, attitude)
2. Hewitt( most boring game in the history of tennis, attitude)
3. Mardy Fish(nice game, but i think he spends too much time around Andy ;) )
4. Brad Gilbert :o

LCeh
04-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Can we make a deal? I want to become you... ;)

Great minds think alike... ;)

Kristen
04-07-2004, 05:21 AM
[QUOTE=Bjorkman_Girl]I love the way people defend their favourites here. Imagine the conversations I could have with Aphex! lol ;) :banghead: QUOTE] The only reason I put TJ and Vince on my hate list is their eternal problems with injuries and lack of form frustrates me to the brink of insanity. Magnus Norman's whining, egotist ass would probably make the list anyway. :wavey:

Makes sense :cool: A lack of consistency is a pain in the ass for me and a number of my favourites are sooo frustrating (Popp, Jonas :retard: [in tiebreaks], Igor Kunitsyn, and Lars! Not to mention Jarkko and my issue with him getting to 3rd round then bombing :timebomb: . I better shut up or my favourites list will become my least liked!) I guess I like an underdog, a fighter or just a consistent loser :p

I was just looking through a couple of peoples lists here, and in most of them you can see a common theme. But one list here bewilders me... there's nothing in common with the guys except that most of them are pretty nice blokes off court. I'm reading it and thinking "wanker - big mouth - impartial - spunk! but no trophies - birthday buddy" etc... anyway I won't go into it! But I appreciate FedEx's list for sure! *Same reasons why I dislike people-attitude or ego*

Elam
04-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Least liked players:
1. Roddick
2. Coria
3. Federer
4. Philippoussis
5. Nadal

Aphex
04-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Agreed he was moody and didn't believe in hard work when it came to training, though he trained hard at the bar.

Wow, I have something in common with the great Magnus Larsson. I also like to train hard at the bar. ;) And remote-technique on the couch. :drink:

azza
04-07-2004, 01:41 PM
3. Santoro
9. Rochus, O.

i find this hard to believe :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FedFan
04-07-2004, 05:03 PM
1) Greg Rusedski
2) Marcelo Rios
3) Lleyton Hewitt
4) Juan Carlos Ferrero
5) Nicolas Kiefer
6) Andy Roddick

geo242
04-08-2004, 12:39 AM
1. Andy Roddick
2. Greg Rusedski

Those are pretty much the only two that I actively dislike that I can think of.

roly23
04-08-2004, 12:13 PM
1. Patrick Rafter
2. Todd Woodbridge
3. Andy Roddick
4. Taylor Dent
5. Canas
6. Alex Corretja
7. Greg Rusedski
8. Marcelo Rios
9. Albert Costa
10. Mardy Fish

Kristen
04-08-2004, 02:07 PM
LOL @ azza's response to jorisv! Since when does anyone dislike Oli!? Isn't that impossible? Or is it even more reason to dislike him :) **I admit to being irked by him when the little ass beat Jarkko in Wimbledon, but I'm over it now!**

CooCooCachoo
04-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Olivier is really nice, actually. But everyone has his or her personal reasons ;)

*Ljubica*
04-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Olivier is really nice, actually. But everyone has his or her personal reasons ;)

Absolutely - you only have to read through this Board to see how opinions are so divided - whether it's Roddick, Coria or whoever - if one person loves them, you can guarantee that someone else will feel completely the opposite. Makes life more interesting I guess - would be boring if we all felt the same.

CooCooCachoo
04-08-2004, 03:43 PM
OK I am going to make new statistics soon! Seems this thread has had a nice revival the last few days ;)

So.... post your list, if you haven't done so yet!

Elleke
04-09-2004, 10:15 AM
1. Andre Agassi
2. Martin Verkerk
3. Sjeng Schalken
4. David Nalbandian
5. Tim Henman
6. Greg Rusedski
7. Yevgeni Kafelnikov
8. Andy ROddick

Toppu
04-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Well, I would say I just don't like the following guys but the word "hate" is too much.
1. Leander Paes (He was unfriendly with me once but in a polite way.)
2. Andre Agassi (just b coz he took Steffi away from WTA)

That's all. Actually there is a lot more but I've changed my mind since I met the guy.

shogun
04-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Not Hated, but I want to see them lose

1. Andy Roddick
2. Sargis Sargisan
3. James Blake
4. Sebastian Grosjean
5. Arnaud Clement

Denise
04-09-2004, 09:11 PM
IMHO

1-Roddick
2-Hewitt
3-Santoro
4-Federer

rrfnpump
04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
My list of least liked players:

1-Roddick
2-Massu
3-Federer
4-Gaudio
5-Stepanek
6-Hewitt
7-Ljubicic
8-Ginepri
9-J.Johansson
10-Arthurs

By the way, Rainer Schuettler is really a good guy even he sometimes seems to be boring!

Denise
04-09-2004, 09:51 PM
My list of least liked players:

9-J.Johansson

By the way, Rainer Schuettler is really a good guy even he sometimes seems to be boring!

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! thanks :eek: I forgot this one.... Mister Johansson idiot! Damm! I hate him....lol with that stupid face! I horrible player!! a miserable. When was the last time he won a match?? He sucks!! Hope someday the bitch dogs wil eat him across the street lol.. :haha: J/K

Btw, I like Rainer a bit. And you're right, he seems boring sometimes :rolleyes:

Markus_21
04-10-2004, 04:28 PM
1. Andy Roddick
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Robin Soderling
4. Sjeng Schalken
5. Gustavo Kuerten
6. Todd Reid
7. Antony Dupuis
8. Guillermo Coria
9. Ivan Ljubicic
10. Tim Henman

Denise
04-11-2004, 03:49 AM
1. Andy Roddick
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Robin Soderling
4. Sjeng Schalken
5. Gustavo Kuerten
6. Todd Reid
7. Antony Dupuis
8. Guillermo Coria
9. Ivan Ljubicic
10. Tim Henman

WHY GUGA KUERTEN AND JCF?????????:eek::eek:

CooCooCachoo
04-11-2004, 07:22 AM
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! thanks I forgot this one.... Mister Johansson idiot! Damm! I hate him....lol with that stupid face! I horrible player!! a miserable. When was the last time he won a match?? He sucks!! Hope someday the bitch dogs wil eat him across the street lol.. J/K

Btw, I like Rainer a bit. And you're right, he seems boring sometimes

I somehow feel you are mistaking the two Johanssons, Joachim and Thomas...

OK all, rankings are being processed at this very moment.. Just wait a few minutes :)

CooCooCachoo
04-11-2004, 07:31 AM
The indivial rankings consist of 101(!!) players and are as follows:

Player (Country) ……………………. Points

1. Roddick, Andy (USA) ……………..…….578
2. Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS) ……………………376
3. Rusedski, Greg (GBR) …………………..372
4. Agassi, Andre (USA) ……………………214
5. Corνa, Guillermo (ARG) ………………….143
5. Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP) ……..………143
7. Henman, Tim (GBR) …………………….142
8. Philippoussis, Mark (AUS) ……………...133
9. Federer, Roger (SUI) …………………….114
10. Ginepri, Robby (USA) …………………….113
11. Rios, Marcelo (CHL) ……….……..…….96
12. Nalbandian, David (ARG) ………………..93
13. Ljubicic, Ivan (CRO) ……………………..88
14. Massu, Nicolas (CHL) ……………………86
15. Fish, Mardy (USA) ………………………..85
16. Schόttler, Rainer (GER) …………..……..74
17. Dent, Taylor (USA) ……………….……….72
18. Corretja, Alex (ESP) ………………..…….71
19. Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA) ……..……..69
20. Blake, James (USA) ………………………68
21. Spadea, Vincent (USA) …………………..60
22. Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS) ……………..55
23. Haas, Tommy (GER) ……………………..52
24. Costa, Albert (ESP) ……………………….49
25. Safin, Marat (RUS) ………………………..48
26. Gaudio, Gaston (ARG) …………………..47
27. Schalken, Sjeng (NED) …………………..44
28. Lopez, Feliciano (ESP) ………………….41
28. Arthurs, Wayne (AUS) ……………………41
30. Kuerten, Gustavo (BRA) …………………40
31. Ferreira, Wayne (RSA) …………………..37
32. Stepanek, Radek (CZE) ………………..36
33. Bogomolov Jr., Alex (USA) ……….…….35
33. Ivanisevic, Goran (CRO) ………………..35
35. Gambill, Jan Michael (USA) …………….34
36. Mathieu, Paul-Henri (FRA) ………………32
37. Kiefer, Nicolas (GER) ……………………31
38. Chela, Juan Ignacio (ARG) ………………30
39. Verkerk, Martin (NED) ……………………29
39. Grosjean, Sιbastien (FRA) ……………….29
41. Malisse, Xavier (BEL) …………………….28
42. Clιment, Arnaud (FRA) ………………….24
43. Davydenko, Nikolay (RUS) ………………21
43. Sφderling, Robin (SWE) ………………….21
45. Reid, Todd (AUS) ………………………..20
46. Martin, Todd (USA) ………………………..17
46. Moyα, Carlos (ESP) ………………………17
48. Kucera, Karol (SVK) ……………………..16
48. Woodbridge, Todd (AUS) ………………16
48. Santoro, Fabrice (FRA) ………………….16
51. Johansson, Thomas (SWE) ……………..15
51. Lapentti, Nicolas (ECU) …………………15
51. Tarango, Jeff (USA) ……………………….15
51. Sargsian, Sargis (ARM) …………………15
55. Nadal, Rafael (ESP) ……………………….14
56.Gonzalez, Fernando (CHL) ……………..13
56. Guccione, Chris (AUS) ……………………13
56. Zabaleta, Mariano (ARG) ………………13
59. Hrbaty, Dominik (SVK) ……………………12
59. Novak, Jiri (CZE) ………………………….12
61. Bjφrkman, Jonas (SWE) …………………..11
61. Lisnard, Jean-Renι (FRA) ……….……...11
63. Paes, Leander (IND) ……………………..10
64. Bryan, Bob (USA) …………………………9
64. Bryan, Mike (USA) ………………………..9
64. Caρas, Guillermo (ARG) …………………9
64. Martνn, Alberto (ESP) ……………………..9
64. Rosset, Marc (SUI) ………………………..9
64. Voltchkov, Vladimir (BLS) ………………9
70. El Aynaoui, Younes (MOR) ………………8
70. Gimelstob, Justin (USA) …………………8
70. Norman, Magnus (SWE) …………………8
70. Tabara, Michal (CZE) …………………….8
74. Robredo, Tommy (ESP) …………………7
75. Enqvist, Thomas (SWE) ………………….6
75. Escudι, Nicolas (FRA) ……………………6
75. Knowles, Mark (BAH) …………………….6
75. Morisson, Jeff (USA) ………………………6
75. Puerta, Mariano (ARG) ………………….6
75. Sanguinetti, Davide (ITA) ………………..6
75. Vinciguerra, Andreas (SWE) …………….6
82. Rochus, Olivier (BEL) ……………………5
83. Arazi, Hicham (MOR) ……………………..4
83. Karlovic, Ivo (CRO) ………………………4
83. Lapentti, Giovanni (ECU) ………………..4
83. Mahut, Nicolas (FRA) …………………….4
83. Mantνlla, Felνx (ESP) ………………………4
83. Prinosil, David (GER) ……………………4
83. Youzhny, Mikhail (RUS) ………………..4
83. Dupuis, Anthony (FRA) ………………….4
91. Elsner, Daniel (GER) ……………………..3
91. Labadze, Irakli (GEO) ……………………3
91. Nieminen, Jarkko (FIN) …………………..3
91. Sabau, Razvan (ROM) ……………………3
91. Vicente, Fernando (ESP) ………………..3
96. Bahrouzheyan, Omar (UAE) ……………..2
96. Ferrer, David (ESP) …………..…..………2
96. Sluiter, Raemon (NED) …………………..2
96. Johansson, Joachim (SWE) …………….2
100. Ascione, Thierry (FRA) ……………………1
100. Callerν, Agustνn (ARG) ……………………1

CooCooCachoo
04-11-2004, 07:36 AM
And the nation statistics:

Country (Points: players)

1. United States (1325 points: Agassi, Blake, Bogomolov Jr., B. Bryan, M. Bryan, Dent, Fish, Gambill, …Gimelstob, Ginepri, T. Martin, Morisson, Roddick, Spadea, Tarango)
2. Australia (592 points: Arthurs, Guccione, Hewitt, Philippoussis, Reid, Woodbridge)
3. Great Britain (514 points: Henman, Rusedski)
4. Spain (389 points: Corretja, Costa, Ferrer, Ferrero, F. Lopez, Mantνlla, A. Martνn, Moyα, Nadal, …Robredo, Vicente)
5. Argentina (313 points: Callerν, Caρas, Chela, Corνa, Gaudio, Nalbandian, Puerta, Zabaleta)
6. Chile (196 points: Gonzalez, Massu, Rios)
7. Germany (164 points: Elsner, Haas, Kiefer, Prinosil, Schόttler)
8. Russia (128 points: Davydenko, Kafelnikov, Safin, Youzhny)
8. Croatia (128 points: Ivanisevic, Karlovic, Ljubicic)
10. France (133 points: Ascione, Clιment, Dupuis, Escudι, Grosjean, Lisnard, Mahut, Mathieu, Santoro)
11. Switzerland (123 points: Federer, Rosset)
12. The Netherlands (75 points: Schalken, Sluiter, Verkerk)
13. Thailand (69 points: Srichaphan)
13. Sweden (69 points: Bjφrkman, Enqvist, J. Johansson, T. Johansson, M. Norman, Sφderling, Vinciguerra)
15. Czech Republic (56 points: Novak, Stepanek, Tabara)
16. South Africa (40 points: Ferreira)
16. Brazil (40 points: Kuerten)
18. Belgium (33 points: Malisse, O. Rochus)
19. Slovakia (28 points: Hrbaty, Kucera)
20. Ecuador (19 points: G. Lapentti, N. Lapentti)
21. Armenia (15 points: Sargsian)
22. Morocco (12 points: Arazi, El Aynaoui)
23. India (10 points: Paes)
24. Belarus (9 points: Voltchkov)
25. The Bahamas (6 points: Knowles)
25. Italy (6 points: Sanguinetti)
27. Finland (3 points: Nieminen)
27. Georgia (3 points: Labadze)
27. Romania (3 points: Sabau)
30. United Arab Emirates (2 points: Bahrouzheyan)

CooCooCachoo
04-11-2004, 07:38 AM
They have already cast their votes (and thanks for doing so! :D):

||[JCFerrero]||, *Marat BigFan*, 1DICKrodDICK1, Alan, alfonsojose54, Alvarillo, andylover_16, Andy This Andy That, aphex, Aranince, arcus, azza, billabong, Bjorkman_Girl, BNO, bunk18bsb, CanadianBoy18, Carito_90, cherrylipz, claudine140, CmonAussie, Conchon, CooCooCachoo, Crazy_Fool, croat123, DanEd, Darran, denise_v, Domino, Elam, elke_belke, Escada, Escude, Experimentee, Fedex, FedFan, FLL, FryslanBoppe, Fumus, Gandalf, geo242, GeorgeWHitler, Hispanica, HybridTheory, i love paradorn, jazz_girl, jcman, jeanie_sin, JeLuliA88, jorisv, Jrm, jumi, kfh_9118, Knuddel, lalaland, lsy, LubiG, Ma. Estefania, maratski, Maria Giulia, Markus_21, michelleg, MisterQ, Mr. Man, Naldo, Novanora, oxy, pj girl, Plastic Bertrand, propi, Raoul Duke, Riley Finn, RoddickPride, rogicomel, roly23, Rosie, rrfnpump, sara-chaz, shogun, Sjengster, soink2, SpikeyAidanM, tangerine_dream, Tennis724, TennisLurker, TheBoiledEgg, toadstool, TommyRGirl, Toppu, Wojtek, WyverN, yanchr, Yashirobai, Yonge

The voting is now over! It's possible that I reopen it later, by means of a website or such, but for now.. thanks for voting! That's all folks ;)

Denise
04-11-2004, 07:57 AM
I somehow feel you are mistaking the two Johanssons, Joachim and Thomas...

OK all, rankings are being processed at this very moment.. Just wait a few minutes :)

Hey, you're totally right. I was talkin' about Thomas Johansson. Not the other... Joachim Johansson, poor man :P ha ha.

thanks cooocooocachooo! :P I'm waitin' the results :angel:

joeb_uk
04-11-2004, 12:23 PM
oops too late. :D anyway cooca could we have voted for doubles players? because i cant stand those little punks the bryan brothers

FryslanBoppe
04-11-2004, 12:44 PM
A very clear lead to Roddick on this poll, though the battle for 2nd between Hewitt and Rusedski is very close.

*Ljubica*
04-11-2004, 01:35 PM
oops too late. :D anyway cooca could we have voted for doubles players? because i cant stand those little punks the bryan brothers

Well I did joeb - because I can't stand them either! In fact - they annoy me so much they could possibly soon overtake Roddick in my "most hated" list :devil:

FryslanBoppe
04-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Well I did joeb - because I can't stand them either! In fact - they annoy me so much they could possibly soon overtake Roddick in my "most hated" list :devil:

I thought they were just very irritating and not as bad as Roddick.

ftsr
04-11-2004, 01:55 PM
I do not hate any tennis player since they fully devote themselves into my favourite sport and make it much more fun than ever. But I don't feel very excited when hearing the following guys' victories...

1) Andy Roddick
2) Andre Agassi
3) Mardy Fish

............ I have to claim that I have no bias on American players and I used to be a big fan of Sampras and Michael Chang...... BUT......-_-|||

Oops, suddenly find my message is too late~~ haha
Anyway, the final result is quite interesting. The no. of votes in some way indicates how well-known the player is~~

CooCooCachoo
04-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Sure you could've voted for the Bryan brothers. They are in there (#64, both of them with 9 points). I think Mark Knowles made the list too, as well as Leander Paes.

In fact - they annoy me so much they could possibly soon overtake Roddick in my "most hated" list

Hehe. Evil! :p

joeb_uk
04-11-2004, 02:57 PM
thats exactly my view, i dont really hate roddick, im not a fan not a hater of him. but these damn punks the bryans annoy me so much, and i can say i hate them. its very un-needed the way they act