01-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Federer is the best.

tracy
01-28-2004, 11:38 AM
JC,go go go!!!
YOU ARE THE BEST ,ALWAYS!!!

WyverN
01-28-2004, 11:53 AM
On current form can't go past Federer but if Ferrero picks up his play and serves well then who knows?

lsy
01-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Ferrero seems to be struggling physically in today's match vs Arazi. No sure if it was just unfit or he's having any troubles. Arazi almost got him for 2 sets but credit to Ferrero who hung in there. I hope Rogi will cut down his UEs, he had set up many points nicely but ended up with errors today.

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 12:03 PM
I have to vote for Roger, because I simply don't see Juan Carlos as a better or nicer player. Roger wins on each and every aspect, for me personally.

Chloe le Bopper
01-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Who's Ferrero?

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Some nobody from Spain, as I've been told.

Chloe le Bopper
01-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Spain, eh? Is that in Asia somewhere?

Pink Panther
01-28-2004, 12:42 PM
I have to vote for Roger, because I simply don't see Juan Carlos as a better or nicer player. Roger wins on each and every aspect, for me personally.

So being nice will help you win? :rolleyes:

Sjengster
01-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, you know about all that charitable work Federer's been doing recently. Ferrero often likes to run stray animals over while in the convertible with Patricia, I'm told.

WyverN
01-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Sjeng serious?
or am I missing some sort of joke

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 12:58 PM
Spain, eh? Is that in Asia somewhere?

I think it is in some lost world or something...

So being nice will help you win?

Of course not, Cherry, but what I said that I see Roger as a better and nicer player. It's a huge plus if a player is nice(r). And it could result in getting the support of the audience, which can be a decisive factor in a match. At least, I think so.

Sjengster
01-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Sjeng serious?
or am I missing some sort of joke

Yes, you're missing something... but in honesty, you're not missing much. ;)

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 01:12 PM
lol Sjengster ;)

WyverN
01-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Yes, you're missing something... but in honesty, you're not missing much. ;)

well I got it eventually, ill just blame it on lack of sleep even though I am in Australia ;)

undomiele
01-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Make no bones about it, Ferrero is an outstanding player. He definitely hasn't been in form lately but no one can take away the fact that he has played some solid and sometimes breathtaking tennis last year (especially on red clay) and improved heaps and bounds on other surfaces. He'll bounce back this year though Im not sure he is currently playing his best (thanks to ESPN for not showing his matches). We'll see. This IS tennis after all and the entire forum has been wrong on calling matches before.

I don't want a sucky semifinal!

Marine
01-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Federer of course !!!!!!

SaFed2005
01-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I thought Nalbandian had 100 times more chance of beating Federer than Fererro beating Federer. I think Fererro only has 10% chance of winning that match. To me it seems that Fererro hasn't been playing great lately (afterlosing to Roddick in the US Open Final). I think he's lucky to have reached the semi finals, He hasn't really had any tough opponents yet unlike other top players. Not only that but I feel that Roddick, Federer and Nalbandian all have gotten better than him...

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Anantak.. that would mean that Nalbandian had a chance of 10X100 = 1000% to win that match..

And he still managed to lose! That is literally against all odds ;)

star
01-28-2004, 02:59 PM

Ok....... If we can vote on the basis of personal qualities....

Ferrero is much much CUTER and SEXIER and wins hands down on each and every physical aspect.

YUM

:lol:

star
01-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Anantak.. that would mean that Nalbandian had a chance of 10X100 = 1000% to win that match..

But isn't that just IT about tennis??? You just never know. Even when it seems impossible for a player to lose.... he does!

:)

HybridTheory
01-28-2004, 03:14 PM
i think federer, hes a better player at the moment.

Experimentee
01-28-2004, 03:20 PM
On current form, Federer. Ferrero was awesome today in the first set, and could win if he keeps up that form, but I dont see it. Federer has played high quality tennis throughout the tounrament.

Arod617
01-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I like them both but I am rooting for Juan Carlos Ferrero in this match. Go Juan!!!

http://www.tennisphotolibrary.com/images/watermark/10016275/tpl/federer-1hou03.jpg vs. http://www.iespana.es/JCFerrero/20.jpg

oxy
01-28-2004, 03:36 PM
I like them both but I am rooting for Juan Carlos Ferrero in this match. Go Juan!!!

same for me.....;)

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Federer; though I'll be rooting for Ferrero. :)

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Always straight to the point, aren't you Ma. Estefania ;)

CooCooCachoo
01-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Ok....... If we can vote on the basis of personal qualities....

Ferrero is much much CUTER and SEXIER and wins hands down on each and every physical aspect.

YUM

You must've missed a post there.. star ;)

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Always straight to the point, aren't you Ma. Estefania ;)

Yes, besides that I'm not on the mood like to write too much due David's loss... :o

Maeike
01-28-2004, 04:20 PM
i havent a clue who will win but i hope ferrero :)

Mr. Man
01-28-2004, 05:26 PM
C'Mon Juan Carlos! :banana:

Hispanica
01-28-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm a spanish fan so I'll obviously want Ferrero to win but you never know.

For infornation, Ferrero defeated Federer in Madrid in semis.

Yashirobai
01-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Yeah, and it is not true that the las time they met Federer won.

The last time they met was in Hong Kong, in an exhibition match, about three weeks ago, and Ferrero won 64 64.

Obviously it was not official; this is a Grand Slam, Ferrero is injured and both players can always win, so...

Come on Ferrero!

Leo
01-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Federer. Not only is he playing better tennis at the moment, he has won 3 of his past 4 meetings with Ferrero (3 of them being smackdowns).

I just hope it will be the same calibre as their Madrid match ... and preferrably the same result. ;)

Billabong
01-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I adore both players, but I'll be rooting for Federer of course... GO FED!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):)!!!!!!!!

Leo
01-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, and it is not true that the las time they met Federer won.

The last time they met was in Hong Kong, in an exhibition match, about three weeks ago, and Ferrero won 64 64.

Obviously it was not official; this is a Grand Slam, Ferrero is injured and both players can always win, so...

Come on Ferrero!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that match. But it was just an exhibition, after all. The only difference I can see it having in the result of this semifinal is that it will possibly give Ferrero more confidence.

Lee
01-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Base on the last 2 matches of Ferrero, it's better the organiser put an ATP trainer on court during the match. Ferrero has lots of battle scar so far, thus I think Federer has a better chance. But, with the way Ferrero has been fighting, anything can happen.

Dirk
01-28-2004, 06:11 PM
I like JC so if he wins he wins. I hope he takes this title then to make up for being fucked over by the USTA at the Open. Roger already has proven so much in this event.

tangerine_dream
01-28-2004, 06:15 PM
I will root for both but I think Rogi's gonna win. :banana:

tangerine_dream
01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
I hope he takes this title then to make up for being fucked over by the USTA at the Open.

Pfft. Ferrero was hardly "fucked over" at the US Open. Get over it already. :rolleyes:

Aurora
01-28-2004, 06:26 PM
even if he was, his ao-draw luck has evened it out if you wanna see it like that

Beat
01-28-2004, 07:13 PM
RF
!

Doris Loeffel
01-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Well I hope it's going to be Roger but an other though match awaits him. JCF knows to play good tennis too!!!

ys
01-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Federer is the favourite, but I would not consider him a heavy favourite.

renatoal
01-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Federer will win not only this match but the AUSOPEN !!! GO FEDERER !!!

undomiele
01-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Ferrero and then Agassi. And then Federer. I like all of em really and would be happy to see any of them win but I have to root for a fellow Hispanic first. (I love his tennis too!) Then the aging "veteran" who won't be around with us much longer and then Feds (I like to keep him humble). ;)

Damn soon the AO will end and Ill have to wait 4 months till Roland Garros... :(

J. Corwin
01-28-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm thinking Federer, but I'll fully be rooting for Ferrero.

Scotso
01-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that match. But it was just an exhibition, after all. The only difference I can see it having in the result of this semifinal is that it will possibly give Ferrero more confidence.

But it still changes the stats. Ferrero has won two of their last three meetings :angel:

I truly believe that Ferrero is going to win this match. Vamos!

WyverN
01-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Federer should win whatever logic you use. However unlike in the Hewitt/Nalbandian matches most people expect him to win this time so it might put extra pressure on Roger and who knows how he will handle it.

All I know is that Ferrero isn't as fit as he was in Madrid, isn't playing as well, doesn't have the crowd behind him although this surface probably suits his game more.

WyverN
01-28-2004, 10:57 PM
But it still changes the stats. Ferrero has won two of their last three meetings :angel:

Exhibitions don't change their stats. It didn't count to head to heads.
People did this in the other thread, overhyped Nalbandian due to exhibition victories (saying his playing the tennis of his life) but I believe he was playing better at US open.

undomiele
01-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Roger hasn't been playing his best either though. 55 UE's is a lot for him and Ferrero will be much better in defending his serve than Nalbandian was. Ferrero is also good at the net. I think it will be closer than most people think.

Scotso
01-28-2004, 11:12 PM
I don't care if you want to count it or not :rolleyes:

The fact is, two of the last three times that they have player a TENNIS MATCH, Ferrero has won.

Tennis Fool
01-28-2004, 11:25 PM
ESPN exec:

Frederick v. Ferrari :woohoo:

Chloe le Bopper
01-28-2004, 11:48 PM
I thought Nalbandian had 100 times more chance of beating Federer than Fererro beating Federer. I think Fererro only has 10% chance of winning that match. To me it seems that Fererro hasn't been playing great lately (afterlosing to Roddick in the US Open Final). I think he's lucky to have reached the semi finals, He hasn't really had any tough opponents yet unlike other top players. Not only that but I feel that Roddick, Federer and Nalbandian all have gotten better than him...
It's true. He was sort of playing like ass when he won Madrid ... where he beat Federer ...

Chloe le Bopper
01-28-2004, 11:53 PM
I think that Ferrero's poor form is being exaggerated as a factor. He hasn't brought out his best because he hasn't needed it. In the semi, he will. He played like ass the entire two months before the USO, and I don't remember that being a g eat factor until the finals - which were effected by different things altogether (Roddicks serve, Ferrero's 800th day in a row, etc)

Deboogle!.
01-29-2004, 12:32 AM
I hope Ferrero wins, because I like him better and because I think it'd be a better final against Andre ;) but I think Federer will take it but it will be hard because Juan Carlos is a good fighter.

I know Ferrero has some injuries, but does anyone know what they are and if they're really a factor? I keep hearing bits and pieces but nothing really concrete. thanks :)

Leo
01-29-2004, 12:40 AM
I hope Ferrero wins, because I like him better and because I think it'd be a better final against Andre ;) but I think Federer will take it but it will be hard because Juan Carlos is a good fighter.

I know Ferrero has some injuries, but does anyone know what they are and if they're really a factor? I keep hearing bits and pieces but nothing really concrete. thanks :)

In his second round match, Ferrero was treated for a back injury and an elbow injury. But those injuries seem to have been taken care of and his major health problem right now is a strained abductor. In his fourth round match, Ferrero had his left thigh area taped heavily and had to call a trainer, but he never needed any treatment in the quarterfinals. In his interview, Juan Carlos said it still felt sore, but hopefully won't be a problem. He also admitted to feeling tired.

Deboogle!.
01-29-2004, 12:42 AM
In his second round match, Ferrero was treated for a back injury and an elbow injury. But those injuries seem to have been taken care of and his major health problem right now is a strained abductor. In his fourth round match, Ferrero had his left thigh area taped heavily and had to call a trainer, but he never needed any treatment in the quarterfinals. In his interview, Juan Carlos said it still felt sore, but hopefully won't be a problem. He also admitted to feeling tired.

thanks Leo :) and whoa..... I didn't realize it was so many different things.... I hope he will be ok for the SF, he'll need everything he's got.

rogicomel
01-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Hoping and rooting for Rogi all the way!!! Goooooo Rogi!!!! Don't let your opportunity to become no.1 slip again!!!

Chloe le Bopper
01-29-2004, 01:08 AM
"tired". hehe... nice, Ferrero, very nice ;)

Raul-Lopez
01-29-2004, 01:44 AM
I saw the last two matches of Ferrero and... bad bad sensations, he seems tired and normally ferrero if he is 100% never never tired he has the best resistence in the court.

I think federer will win

federerer
01-29-2004, 01:52 AM
On clay I'd give the nod to ferrero but on this surface, I'd give the edge to roger. I think we will see roger play his best tennis in the semis and jc is a good matchup. roger likes pace.

well, I hope they both play their best tennis. How exciting would it be to see sick movement and blazing winners flying all over the place!

federerfan7465
01-29-2004, 01:54 AM
talking a tough draw for The Federer Express- 4th - Hewitt
Qtr- Nalbandian
Semi- JCF
Final - Marat Safin or Andre Agassi

If he wins, he will have earned it probably more than he did at Houston.

lalaland
01-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Did someone say Ferrero is good at the net? :rolleyes:
Do whatever, just don't keep doing those Becker dives for no preveil.

If they are both 100%, it would be a very tough call to say who will win. Federer is more naturally gifted, but Ferrero is a bigger fighter. But at the moment, Ferrero's physical form is poor at best. I doubt he has the reserve left to fight.

I'll say Federer will come out a winner, realistically, although I'll be rooting for Ferrero.

Leo
01-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Did someone say Ferrero is good at the net? :rolleyes:
Do whatever, just don't keep doing those Becker dives for no preveil.

Haha, too true. He loses the point and/or injures himself when he tries those Becker volleys. Although I must admit that his dive and recovery time have gotten much better than when I first saw him attempt the "becker shot" at Wimbledon last year.

SaFed2005
01-29-2004, 02:25 AM
LMAO Since when was Ferrero good at volleying? Hmmm... The under the leg shot against Agassi at the US open was awesome though!!! One of my favorite shots... heheh

SaFed2005
01-29-2004, 02:31 AM

He must be that damn good at losing...
LMAO

Pink Panther
01-29-2004, 02:38 AM
...If they are both 100%, it would be a very tough call to say who will win. Federer is more naturally gifted, but Ferrero is a bigger fighter. But at the moment, Ferrero's physical form is poor at best. I doubt he has the reserve left to fight. I'll say Federer will come out a winner, realistically, although I'll be rooting for Ferrero...

Echoing your thoughts Lalaland. I really hope Ferrero will win, but let's be realistic. Even if he somehow miraculously manages to pull through (highly unlikely given his poor physical state), I doubt he has any strength left to beat either Agassi or Safin.

I'm now only praying that Federer won't beat him in embarrassing straight sets. :sad:

RogiFan88
01-29-2004, 02:55 AM
:) Can't they both win?

Juanqui did say that he felt pain and was tired [esp in the 3rd set] during his QF match vs. Arazi... so it is amazing that he "gutsed it out" [as Lleyt w say] and endured the pain to win. His strategy was to make Hicham run around a lot and attack his game. He served pretty well, he said and he managed to get out of tight spots by serving aces [what w I know, we never saw his match :rolleyes: ]. He was going to watch the Federer/Nalbandian match ;)

Juanqui IS focussing on regaining his #1 spot firstly by beating Rogi -- he IS determined and will fight. He actually got further than Rogi last year at the AO and I think he plays very well on hardcourts, thank you very much [I'm glad he corrects dumb interviewers about surfaces... ]. Rebound Ace has never been Rogi's best surface and without knowing the stats, I w say Juanqui is doing better on the stuff.

If Juanqui hasn't been playing well this slam it's because of all his nagging injuries, of which he has many... as for Rogi, he is pressuring himself to do well in slams, which could account for his less-than-stellar tennis. His best so far was vs. Lleyt. Understandably he was nervous vs. Nalby but I don't know why Nalby was less in-your-face than usual since he knows he has the upper hand vs. Rog.

Oh well... I like both Rogi and Juanqui and it s be a good match if they both play their best or close to their best [as they did in Madrid -- I thought that was one of the most competitive matches last yr and I'm glad Juanqui won and went on to claim the title]. Now theirs is a TRUE rivalry at 3-3.

Vamos, Juanqui and Hopp, ROGI!!
;)

[Marat, just beat Baldy... ]

rogicomel
01-29-2004, 03:16 AM
I at the moment just want to enjoy Rogi's win over Nalby. Juanqui is tomorrow's business. Hey, I think Rogi has the weapon to beat him. Rogi let his no.1 ranking slip away at Montreal, I don't think he'll let it happen again.

Hispanica
01-29-2004, 03:49 AM
Ferrero said he was tired and the end of the game because they were 3 tough sets and the match was 3 hours long... normal no????

lalaland
01-29-2004, 04:20 AM
:)
Juanqui IS focussing on regaining his #1 spot firstly by beating Rogi -- he IS determined and will fight. He actually got further than Rogi last year at the AO and I think he plays very well on hardcourts, thank you very much [I'm glad he corrects dumb interviewers about surfaces... ].

lol.
And he thought getting into US Open's final and winning a Master Series on hard court is enough to convince them that he plays well on hard court. :rolleyes:

He got to be the one player who gives the most boring press conference. Because they only ask him the same 2 questions every time. 1. How do you feel playing on hard court? 2. How do you feel not playing in the main stadium court?

fleemke²
01-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I hope JCF but I think Roger is going to win ;) But please Juan Carlo proove me wrong :D

Havok
01-29-2004, 07:25 PM
I'l go with Ferrero in this one. i don't think he'll allow Federer to hit as many ue's as he's hitting and come out the winner. i hope JCF is healthy for this match, and he has the firepower off both wings to damage Federer.

TheBoiledEgg
01-29-2004, 07:53 PM
5 long sets will do me again :D
cant wait for tomorrow

1st set is the key, if Federer takes it, its gonna be no way back.

My pick Federer in 4.

Chloe le Bopper
01-29-2004, 09:48 PM
I hope Ferrero will win, because I'm sick of people writing him off, and would like to see lots of crow eating ;) But the same people going off about him now will do the same if he makes the final, won't they? :)

Whatever. I think Fed will win, but Ferrero has more than proven himself and not giving him any respect is beyond idiotic.

faboozadoo15
01-29-2004, 09:51 PM
actually... he's been given some respect from the booky's... lol. the odds are relatively close on all the sites i've been to. like 1.3 to 2.5... isn't that bad at all considering how easily federer just beat 2 very dangerous players and that ferrero has had a pretty clear draw except arazi.

Chloe le Bopper
01-29-2004, 10:02 PM
actually... he's been given some respect from the booky's... lol. the odds are relatively close on all the sites i've been to. like 1.3 to 2.5... isn't that bad at all considering how easily federer just beat 2 very dangerous players and that ferrero has had a pretty clear draw except arazi.
My bookies have him at 4-1 ;)

I'm not betting though, because I win money no matter who wins it now ;)

faboozadoo15
01-29-2004, 10:11 PM
those are pretty crazy odds considering it's #2 vs #3...
i don't bet, i only check bc i find it highly interesting...
and :haha: i spelled bookies wrong... WTF

Chloe le Bopper
01-29-2004, 10:13 PM
I didn't even notice "booky's" to be honest. I'm sort of distracted... annoyed that I can't go out :p

faboozadoo15
01-29-2004, 11:15 PM
I didn't even notice "booky's" to be honest. I'm sort of distracted... annoyed that I can't go out :p
thank God... i don't think i'd have the energy to have come back from that...

Chloe le Bopper
01-30-2004, 04:04 AM
thank God... i don't think i'd have the energy to have come back from that...
I've made more atrocious spelling errors in the past, I'm sure :p

Billabong
01-30-2004, 04:54 AM
GO FED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOO!!!!!

Scotso
01-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Vamos vamos vamos!

Jazzy
01-30-2004, 07:59 AM
gO jUaNqUi!!!! VaMoS JuAnQuI!!!!! WhIp sOmE AsS jUaNqUi!!!!! JUST WIN K!!!!