Is this weird? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is this weird?

Patrick_Steele
07-19-2006, 03:25 AM
Well first off I am a lefty, I don't know if you can chalk it up to the whole' lefties are crazy mutants' theory. I noticed that I hit a much more natural and overall better BH than FH, which is the opposite of most players, can anyone guess why, could my forearm just be weak or is it just that I hit naturally better that way, I realize this isn't an easy question to answer but I'm wondering if anyone else is like this, or knows someone like this.

What's funny though is that with my right hand (I am pretty ambidextrious, I can't really serve right handed) I hit a FH better than BH, although my left FH is still better than my right (but not by much).

ae wowww
07-19-2006, 09:30 AM
A lot of lefties I have played against, prefer their BH to FH, so I hit to FH :D

disturb3d
07-19-2006, 09:36 AM
You're probably emulating your right handed FH swing; thus eliminating the natural ability that a left handed player has with a forehand.
Simply refrain from playing with your right arm, and the Left handed FH swing will come naturally.

I can really only think of Nieminen and Ivanisevic as pro left handers with a superior backhand.

adee-gee
07-19-2006, 10:28 PM
I can really only think of Nieminen and Ivanisevic as pro left handers with a superior backhand.
Rusedski :p

Patrick_Steele
07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
I rarely use my right hand though, I just like to have a back up and it's a good way to throw an opponent off, switch to you other hand during a match. I would say my forehand i smore powerful though, put it just feels a little less comfortable than my backhand. ae wowww, my forehand isn't a weakness, my backhand is just something that I am really good at, I still have a nice forehand, just not as nice as my backhand, so I don't know if that strategy would work that well on me.

Dusteel
07-26-2006, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE]
that's because the BH is the most natural shot than the others... it's just open your arms... but you should work in your FH...