Schaffa isch a Gschäft, Spätzli and French gnomes in Schtuagerd Cheering thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Schaffa isch a Gschäft, Spätzli and French gnomes in Schtuagerd Cheering thread

Action Jackson
07-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Yes, Gaston desperately wants to win the car, but he needs to some matches before he can think of that.

The draw will be out later today, all the best.

Action Jackson
07-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Main Draw

(1) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG v Bye
ZABALETA, Mariano ARG v WASKE, Alexander GER
SARETTA, Flavio BRA v PORTAS, Albert ESP
Bye v (13) HORNA, Luis PER

(12) MIRNYI, Max BLR v Bye
MELZER, Jurgen AUT v KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER
MONACO, Juan ARG v BERRER, Michael GER
Bye v (6) VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL

(4) ROCHUS, Olivier BEL v Bye
VANEK, Jiri CZE v GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS
(WC) POPP, Torsten GER v MARACH, Oliver AUT
Bye v (16) GASQUET, Richard FRA

(11) YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS v Bye
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER v GREUL, Simon GER
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v NORMAN, Dick BEL
Bye v (5) ACASUSO, Jose ARG

(8) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG v Bye
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v Qualifier
(WC) BECK, Andreas GER v MAYER, Florian GER
Bye v (9) SIMON, Gilles FRA

(15) PHAU, Bjorn GER v Bye
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
Qualifier v NOVAK, Jiri CZE
Bye v (3) FERRER, David ESP

(7) SERRA, Florent FRA v Bye
Qualifier v (WC) RIESCHICK, Sebastian GER
Qualifier v VIK, Robin CZE
Bye v (10) ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP

(14) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v Bye
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL v Qualifier
(WC) KINDLMANN, Dieter GER v Qualifier
Bye v (2) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

Action Jackson
07-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Gaston is also in the doubles with big Max Mirnyi.

(1) DLOUHY, Lukas (CZE) | VIZNER, Pavel (CZE)
ROCHUS, Christophe (BEL) | SIMON, Gilles (FRA)

CHELA, Juan Ignacio (ARG) | HORNA, Luis (PER)
(WC) SCHUETTLER, Rainer (GER) | YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS)

(3) DAMM, Martin (CZE) | PALA, Petr (CZE)
BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE) | LEVINSKY, Jaroslav (CZE)

GAUDIO, Gaston (ARG) | MIRNYI, Max (BLR)
NOVAK, Jiri (CZE) | PAVEL, Andrei (ROM)

GARCIA, Martin (ARG) | PRIETO, Sebastian (ARG)
(WC) PETZSCHNER, Philipp (GER) | PHAU, Bjorn (GER)

KOHLMANN, Michael (GER) | WASKE, Alexander (GER)
(4) CERMAK, Frantisek (CZE) | FRIEDL, Leos (CZE)

VLIEGEN, Kristof (BEL) | WAWRINKA, Jonathan (SUI)
MARACH, Oliver (AUT) | SUK, Cyril (CZE)

ALLEGRO, Yves (SUI) | LINDSTEDT, Robert (SWE)
(2) KNOWLE, Julian (AUT) | Melzer, Jurgen (AUT)

takuma
07-16-2006, 02:30 AM
That is SOME pair!:eek: Gasti and the Beast..Good luck!

Choupi
07-16-2006, 05:51 AM
That is sure a pair that I'd like to see in action if I get the opportunity. Will keep you updated.

takuma
07-16-2006, 11:37 AM
That is sure a pair that I'd like to see in action if I get the opportunity. Will keep you updated.
That would be great!(As no chance to c dubs on tv anywhere..grr..)Have a good time in Stutt.&lets hope Gasti gets to the finals[both:singles,doubles]! :wavey:

reiko
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
For those who wondered "why Gaston/Max?" (just like me).
Looks like Gaston and Max are the training pals. And this time,
they just thought "why not play double together?"
I heard this from a few sources.
It would be really nice if Gaston wins both singles and doubles, wouldn't it. :)

RogiFan88
07-18-2006, 02:44 AM
I like the dbles pairing! ;)

Choupi
07-18-2006, 07:24 AM
The pair is to play last match today, on the Grand Stand. I'll be there, like a few others I think. There are things in life that you simply have no right to miss...should be a lot of fun. :)

RogiFan88
07-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Choupi, have fun watching Gaston today! It's always a good idea to watch dbles live cos you'll never get those matches on TV [at least, we never do]! ;)

Choupi
07-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Ok, I have decided to write the short report of the match here, as it is the thread for it.

So, I first have a confession to make. I really didn't think that Gaston associated to Max would be winning over Pavel-Novak. And the match has proved me wrong. So, my deepest apologies to both players.
The 1st set has been a bit tight but Pavel and Novak were clearly above. No surprise that they won the 1st set 7/5. The 2nd set has been more interesting because far more balanced. Our Gaston hasn't failed his reputation. He made footfaults. And as he was getting frustrated, he got 2 warnings, so they were punished with apoint penalty. He did some ball abuse and then, a few minutes later, he crucified the poor thing that used to be his racket....All deserved anyway for the warnings.
There have been some funny moments, especially when Pavel just slid and fell onto the clay. He didn't hurt himself of course, or I would'nt say it was funny, but he was all dirty with clay. Novak came and cleaned him up in a very funny way, with the towel. In fact, he was more hitting Pavel with it than cleaning. Maybe a way to punish him for losing the point!! :lol:
Anyway, back to the match. Classic doubles game with a lot of volleys...and our guys just ended up breaking back, taking the 2nd set, going into some of the craziest 3rd set-tie break I have ever seen. It's been so tight. You really could feel the tension up to the stands. But our guys have been the strongest today. They have won, and they deserved all my apologies.

Vale
07-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Choupi, thanks for the report! :D I would love to see those two in action!
Unfortunately Gastón plays against Zabala tomorrow, first match on Centre Court at 1 PM local time.
There was a pic of the two of them in a super Mercedes sports convertible with Gastón driving, but I couldn´t copy it from the tournament page. It´s in the top left hand corner in case you haven´t seen it.
I hope Gastón can set aside their friendship for a while, because he really needs to go further in this tournament.
VAMOS GASTON!!!

Choupi
07-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Well, no need to tell you how much this match will be heartbreaking for me. But what's sure is that I'll be there, cheering for both. :)

Action Jackson
07-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Well, no need to tell you how much this match will be heartbreaking for me. But what's sure is that I'll be there, cheering for both. :)

Yes, you have your tickets, so you might as well watch the match and good they put it on first.

The doubles match, well it's 4 good guys and you got Max who is Mr Calm and then there is Gaston.

takuma
07-19-2006, 11:54 AM
There was a pic of the two of them in a super Mercedes sports convertible with Gastón driving, but I couldn´t copy it from the tournament page. It´s in the top left hand corner in case you haven´t seen it.
http://www.mercedescup.de/uploads/tx_ameriagallery/GES_GI_STU170706_021_02.jpg
and
http://www.mercedescup.de/uploads/tx_ameriagallery/GES_GI_STU170706_025_02.jpg
:wavey:

Primal
07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
A set and a break down...
I wish he could convert it into the three setter.

takuma
07-19-2006, 12:46 PM
What's going on?What's happening to Gaston?Bageled by Zabaleta..losing the match 4-6 0-6...I only hope it has nothing to do with an injurie of any kind... :unsure:

Primal
07-19-2006, 12:50 PM
What's going on?What's happening to Gaston?Bageled by Zabaleta..losing the match 4-6 0-6...I only hope it has nothing to do with an injurie of any kind... :unsure:

Hopefully Rosie will tell us.

sonatinca
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Well, it's quite sad :sad: another missed points and another bad emotions :(

Washa Koroleva
07-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Disappointed

Sommarsverige
07-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Gaston, how could this happen?

*Ljubica*
07-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Hopefully Rosie will tell us.
Sorry I was not at the match - I had other things to do :o But Elea was there and also Choupi and Reiko. Choupi is on her way home tonight and won´t get online til tomorrow - but I´m sure one of them will tell you. I don´t really want to comment as I have heard many second-hand reports but I wasn´t there myself. Sorry :o

RogiFan88
07-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Gaston... :sad: so he'll go to Kitz next??

reiko
07-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Why Gaston lost? Because it was not his day. To start with, some "foot fault" calls. Then a warning for code violation (coaching). And of course, he was playing his friend who was playing brilliant.

As for "coaching", whenever I looked at Team Gaston, it did not look like Franco was talking - of course I could be wrong but I was sitting closer to Franco than the umpire was.

We all have a day like this when nothing works, everything is against you - at least you feel that way. I was/am just sad, watching a match like this. Good news is that there will be another day. I hope Gaston will have a few more good wins in doubles. Vamos Gaston & Max!

takuma
07-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Aw, too bad..I feel so sorry for Gaston (and Franco)..I just hate such jinxed days. Umpires lately are getting on my nerves [Tursunov-Murphy case for instance] and USopen hasn't even started yet.. The only good part in this whole damn thing is that it's Zabaleta who advances further.. Thank You for letting us know what happened.
:awww:

Vale
07-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Why Gaston lost? Because it was not his day. To start with, some "foot fault" calls. Then a warning for code violation (coaching). And of course, he was playing his friend who was playing brilliant.

As for "coaching", whenever I looked at Team Gaston, it did not look like Franco was talking - of course I could be wrong but I was sitting closer to Franco than the umpire was.

We all have a day like this when nothing works, everything is against you - at least you feel that way. I was/am just sad, watching a match like this. Good news is that there will be another day. I hope Gaston will have a few more good wins in doubles. Vamos Gaston & Max!
Thanks for putting it into perspective for us, Reiko! :D When one hasn´t seen the match it sounds like a catastrophe, but in fact it´s just another game and who knows what tomorrow can bring? I hope it doesn´t affect Gastón too much!
Vamos Gastón and Max in doubles!

Action Jackson
07-20-2006, 01:59 AM
Gaston... :sad: so he'll go to Kitz next??

He has no reason not to, unless he decides to take an extended break from the game or a serious injury.

Well Mariano gave him a beating and it's hard for both of these guys to play each other, but well played to Zabaleta.

Choupi
07-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Well, that match has been heartbreaking and not only because it was 2 guys that I really like. Anyway, I was sitting right behind the umpire chair, 4th row. So I could hear a lot all that was said. And, as Reiko already told you, it was a day when nothing goes the way you want.

The 1st set has been pretty tight. The 2 guys were playing hard and actually, it was hard to tell who'd break the other first. They all got breakpoints. But Mariano has been the 1st to convert one. Gaston kept on struggling, but just couldn't prevent Mariano from taking the 1st set. then, came the arguments with the umpire. About the footfaults first. Gaston asked if the linesman could be changed because he was obviously not making footfaults. I have to say he was wrong. I saw him and the call has always been justified. As the umpire said he couldn't, Gaston just told him, "ok, so just check yourself". To which the umpire answered he couldn't. So you can imagine that our guy just got frustrated.
Then, after he got broken in the very 1st game, there's been that warning for coaching. Gaston just exploded. I can't say if the warning was justified, because I was too far from the VIP stand. But, what Gaston told the umpire, and especially how he told him, deserved a warning. He simply shouted at him. That's what he said "who the hell told you that I had no right to talk? You, shut up!!" And he repeated several times, "you, shut up".

After that, Mariano kept on playing his game, and he played great. Our guy just lost ground. The mind took the lead and we all know how it happens to him. But there is no injury involved, no worry about that. :)

Eugenia
07-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Gaudio/Mirnyi d. (3)Damm/Pala 7-6(6) 3-6 10-8 :)

Well done Gastón and Max!!! :woohoo:

shopgirl
07-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Hola :wavey: !

Action Jackson
07-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Gaston and the Beast win again, lets take the title.

Choupi
07-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Good job from the unexpected pair. :)

reiko
07-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Gaston played really well today.
Winning another doubles title would be lovely. :)

Choupi
07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks for letting us know Reiko. :)

RogiFan88
07-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Hey, why not try and win the dbles title? There may still be half a Merc in it! :lol:

RogiFan88
07-21-2006, 02:30 PM
He has no reason not to, unless he decides to take an extended break from the game or a serious injury.

Well Mariano gave him a beating and it's hard for both of these guys to play each other, but well played to Zabaleta.

Hmm...reminds me of Alex vs. Charly RG98F... what a pity and to think AC could have had a slam title if he had approached that final w the right attitude... oh well, he got him back in Hannover! [still trying to get that entire match... :( but I did see his win vs. Pete!!]

RogiFan88
07-22-2006, 09:12 PM
VAMOS, Gaston y Max!!!

Action Jackson
07-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Hmm...reminds me of Alex vs. Charly RG98F... what a pity and to think AC could have had a slam title if he had approached that final w the right attitude... oh well, he got him back in Hannover! [still trying to get that entire match... :( but I did see his win vs. Pete!!]

Another doubles title would be good and it's not like he has a bad partner and too bad they are not in the Kitzi draw together, but Gaston is at a interesting point in his career.

Hope he can win here and maybe it might give him a push in the right direction.

Choupi
07-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Gaston & Max take the title home. 7/5 6/7 12/10. :bigclap:

Action Jackson
07-23-2006, 06:56 PM
They won the title, what a team.

Vale
07-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Gaston & Max take the title home. 7/5 6/7 12/10. :bigclap:
YIPEE!!! :bigclap::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I haven´t been on the Internet much recently, and today when I checked the Livescore I was expecting the worst, so it was a super surprise!!!
An unlikely but effective team! :worship:

Eugenia
07-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Woohoo! :woohoo: Congratulations Gastón and Max! :yeah: :banana:

Action Jackson
07-23-2006, 11:05 PM
The odd couple what a way to end the partnership.

Primal
07-24-2006, 07:43 AM
I wish we could see them together again.

Congrats!

bovenbuuf
07-24-2006, 08:33 AM
It must have been a strange couple indeed, but well what a nice result this is!

reiko
07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Congrats on the 3rd doubles title!
They played great matches together.
Gaston played relaxed but concentrated at the same time.

Hola :wavey: !
Holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ;) :wavey: