Brattwurst und so und so in Stuttgart. Been So Close.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Brattwurst und so und so in Stuttgart. Been So Close....

Choupi
07-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Well, this is the time of Stuttgart. Starting on Monday. Our big guy will be there and he'll have a couple of faithful and trustworthy supporters in the stands. With Argentine flag if needed. :cool: Hope he does something good there. Auf Geht's Chucho!! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
07-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I´m already here - so good luck Chucho - and see you soon Choupi :)

Choupi
07-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Sure!! :yeah:

Action Jackson
07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Chuuuuuuuuucho is seeded 5th and is in a fairly good section of the draw. He has a tough match against the Bye.

(1) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG v Bye
ZABALETA, Mariano ARG v WASKE, Alexander GER
SARETTA, Flavio BRA v PORTAS, Albert ESP
Bye v (13) HORNA, Luis PER

(12) MIRNYI, Max BLR v Bye
MELZER, Jurgen AUT v KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER
MONACO, Juan ARG v BERRER, Michael GER
Bye v (6) VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL

(4) ROCHUS, Olivier BEL v Bye
VANEK, Jiri CZE v GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS
(WC) POPP, Torsten GER v MARACH, Oliver AUT
Bye v (16) GASQUET, Richard FRA

(11) YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS v Bye
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER v GREUL, Simon GER
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v NORMAN, Dick BEL
Bye v (5) ACASUSO, Jose ARG

(8) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG v Bye
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v Qualifier
(WC) BECK, Andreas GER v MAYER, Florian GER
Bye v (9) SIMON, Gilles FRA

(15) PHAU, Bjorn GER v Bye
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
Qualifier v NOVAK, Jiri CZE
Bye v (3) FERRER, David ESP

(7) SERRA, Florent FRA v Bye
Qualifier v (WC) RIESCHICK, Sebastian GER
Qualifier v VIK, Robin CZE
Bye v (10) ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP

(14) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v Bye
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL v Qualifier
(WC) KINDLMANN, Dieter GER v Qualifier
Bye v (2) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

Choupi
07-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't worry, he'll get support. Sorry Bye...

Choupi
07-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Some news from Stuttgart. Our Big guy is there and has trained hard today under the sun. Orsanic has been very demanding and I have to say it was a pleasure to watch. The serve and the backhand just work perfectly. The forehand is good to, though it needs some more work to my own taste. Yes, I'm a perfectionist!! But no worries about our guy. He's fit and is obviously not here for just an appearance.

Action Jackson
07-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Funny you say that Choupi, even though his backhand is his weaker shot and the one that breaks down a lot more. Good to know that Orsanic is making him work.

*Ljubica*
07-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes - I can also attest that Chucho is working hard - and shirtless (had to get that one in before Choupi!) - Orsanic also shirtless :inlove: He practiced this morning with Juan Martin del Potro and this afternoon with Mariano Z. I am sure Choupi will tell you more.

Yes - life is good in Stuttgart!

takuma
07-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes - I can also attest that Chucho is working hard - and shirtless (had to get that one in before Choupi!) - Orsanic also shirtless :inlove: He practiced this morning with Juan Martin del Potro and this afternoon with Mariano Z. I am sure Choupi will tell you more.

Gush, I envy you so much!Me stuck in here, only scoreboards to follow.. :sad: Have a great time and please UPDATE! UPDATE!Btw: Looks like someone's falling in love with Orsa (not to any surprise, as he's really hot) :p

Choupi
07-17-2006, 09:27 PM

What else can I add to this? Yes, Chucho worked hard today too, twice. And the 2nd time shirtless!!! I was convinced he wasn't that kind of guy just taking off his shirt. I've of course been delighted to see I was wrong....And Rosie can attest I've tried to behave. Pretty successfully. I'd like to ask him why he signed "AQASUSO" on my flag. I certainly don't wanna believe he can't spell his own name......I'll see tomorrow.

Action Jackson
07-20-2006, 03:02 AM
Good win for Chucho against the tough Seppi and he is the highest seed left in his section of the draw and it will be interesting to see how he handles that, he now plays Greul, who he gave a big beating in Hamburg, just hope he can do that again.

Choupi
07-20-2006, 10:30 AM
I sadly couldn't see that match because I had to go and catch my train. But, as I was wandering around the training courts, hoping Chucho would train again in the afternoon (he already had in the morning), I met Orsanic 5 or 6 times. He was obviously looking for Chucho. I just told myself, that he should be napping in some cool and shady place. :lol: And about 45 min before he had to enter the court for his match, my patience has been rewarded. Orsanic came with Chucho, who obviously looked grumpy. Maybe my supposition wasn't that far from reality....;) He only praticed for 15min, mostly the serve. It wasn't the time to ask my question about the "q". So I hope our other Stuttgart reporter will get an opportunity to ask him about that.

Action Jackson
07-20-2006, 11:19 AM
That is hilarious Choupi. I can picture Chucho hiding somewhere and Orsanic getting fired up big time and Chucho looking like a little kid who got caught eating something before dinner is ready.

Choupi
07-20-2006, 12:48 PM
hilarious, yes!! Indeed. Though not surprising at all, knowing the guy a bit.

Talking about picturing, I'd love that mystery to be solved:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Stuttgart%2006/4bbc6358.jpg

Chucha!
07-20-2006, 09:15 PM
I know what is it ;)

C'est un "c" ms quand il l'a écrit, il l'a mis dans la barre du a d'ou l'impression que c'est un "q"

voila ;)

Choupi
07-20-2006, 09:22 PM
And we have a winner here. I think you're right Chucha. That must be it. :) The mystery's solved.

Action Jackson
07-20-2006, 09:25 PM
There is no accent in Acasuso's name in the c.

Action Jackson
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Chucho got the W and that's all that counts and it wasn't a good performance defeating Greul 7-6 2-6 6-4 and now he plays feisty Austrian Marach for a place in the semis.

Choupi
07-20-2006, 09:48 PM
There is no accent in Acasuso's name in the c.
True. But what Chucha said is that, in fact, Chucho must have had some trouble writing on the flag. And I admit it mustn't have been easy. He must have wanted to write the "c" but he just slipped on the "A", and, getting aware of it, kept on writing the rest of the letters in capitals.

Action Jackson
07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
True. But what Chucha said is that, in fact, Chucho must have had some trouble writing on the flag. And I admit it mustn't have been easy. He must have wanted to write the "c" but he just slipped on the "A", and, getting aware of it, kept on writing the rest of the letters in capitals.

That explanation will do.

Chucha!
07-21-2006, 12:19 AM
;)

Sorry for my french but you have translate Choupi so it's ok for the others :)

maria87
07-21-2006, 12:28 PM
;)

Sorry for my french but you have translate Choupi so it's ok for the others :)

Chucha, lovely nickname! :)

guys i will be able to see Chucho live on our TV, so i will do a report! :wavey:
Vamos, Chucho!!

maria87
07-21-2006, 03:22 PM
oh, no they cut the coverage after Berdych match! :mad: :sad:

so i hope Chucho reachs SF so i can see him tomorrow.

Chucha!
07-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Thank you maria87's ;)

On DSF ( german TV channel) , we can see the tournament off Stuttgart, but I don't know if Chucho is already finished his match :s

Choupi
07-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Chucho is about to begin his match now. Of course, they cut coverage here after the Ferrer match. :rolleyes:

Choupi
07-21-2006, 06:28 PM
6/2 6/3 for Chucho!! :woohoo:

maria87
07-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Thank you maria87's ;)

On DSF ( german TV channel) , we can see the tournament off Stuttgart, but I don't know if Chucho is already finished his match :s

you are welcome, Chucha!! :)

Chucho Won!!!! i will see him tomorrow live on SF!!

good for him!! good win! :worship: :worship: as choupi posted it was 6-2, 6-3 for Chucho!! yupiiii
:bigclap: :bounce:

Choupi
07-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Chucho is playing David Ferrer 2nd match this afternoon. I just hope the Berdych match isn't too long so that they don't cut coverage right before Chucho plays. I think he's got a good chance to reach the final. He owns Ferrer so far. But, we'll see. :)

Action Jackson
07-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Chucho is playing David Ferrer 2nd match this afternoon. I just hope the Berdych match isn't too long so that they don't cut coverage right before Chucho plays. I think he's got a good chance to reach the final. He owns Ferrer so far. But, we'll see. :)

Chucho is playing Monaco and not Ferrer, as Froggy plays Herr Berdych.

Just hope you can get som coverage.

Choupi
07-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Chucho is playing Monaco and not Ferrer, as Froggy plays Herr Berdych.

Ok, forget about all this. I'm obviously not awake. Maybe I should go back to bed. Maybe I was also taking my dreams for reality. Anyway, I better go and hide myself now, in shame.

Choupi
07-22-2006, 01:38 PM
The match should start in about 15min now. Vamos Chucho. Ferrer's already waiting in the final.

Action Jackson
07-22-2006, 01:49 PM
The match should start in about 15min now. Vamos Chucho. Ferrer's already waiting in the final.

You were getting ready with the Chucho v Ferrer match, but yes it should be on soon. Just hope he doesn't get too negative, but he is the fave for his match and needs to show why.

maria87
07-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Chucho is playing fantastic! first game solid serve and good shots! :)

maria87
07-22-2006, 02:11 PM
oh oh he faced a break point on third game...he is little bit lazy when first serve is not working, so he has to chage that...he is doing so much UE on second serve :eek:

maria87
07-22-2006, 02:17 PM
2 fantastic parallel passing shots with his amazing backhand... :)

maria87
07-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Monaco broke him...same story: Monaco is solid and focused...Chucho is playing like 2 brilliant points and 2 UF...and as i told you when first serve is not working he didn't fight so much, so the result is that Monaco broke him 4-3 and Monaco is serving now.

maria87
07-22-2006, 02:30 PM
it is too much hot out there..if he doesn't weake up, he will be in serious troubles.

maria87
07-22-2006, 02:31 PM
MOnaco is also trying to make him run, making a lot of variety on shots...good strategy for a sleepy Chucho!

maria87
07-22-2006, 02:37 PM
done...last game he was trying to fight a little bit more but Monaco was agressive, 6-4 for Monaco.

he needs to weak up!!!!!!

maria87
07-22-2006, 02:46 PM
finally! he broke back in second set 1-1
with a little bit of focus and energy he could blow up MOnaco
noe it is stormy and windy

maria87
07-22-2006, 03:06 PM
well he finally did weak up!
4-1 with the storm coming...

maria87
07-22-2006, 03:10 PM
shame, wasting opportunities to go 5-1! some brilliant shots but he coudln't break again

maria87
07-22-2006, 03:26 PM
what a frustrating game! so much errors, he finally held the serve 5.2

maria87
07-22-2006, 03:28 PM
this was better and fast! set for Chucho 6-2 :)

maria87
07-22-2006, 03:46 PM
as the start of second set, both broke...so they are again 1-1 and it is not a good match, lots of UF from both

maria87
07-22-2006, 03:48 PM
a nice drop shot, a brillant backhand passing winner and then the ball on the net...

maria87
07-22-2006, 03:55 PM
rising the level! brilliant passing winner running, again marvelous backhand....and he broke MOnaco again!

maria87
07-22-2006, 04:00 PM
oh oh going down again, roller coaster...MOnaco did break him again :eek: Chuchooooooooooo!

maria87
07-22-2006, 04:07 PM
good volley now to get a break point and he converted! he broke back again :)
4-2 for chucho...he started next game with an ace.

maria87
07-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Monaco cheater! it was clear ace, he said no and the wind cover the mark and the umpire sais it was out and then chucho lost focus...but he got an Ad.vamos Chucho!

maria87
07-22-2006, 04:14 PM
good! 5-2 for Chucho, please finish it fast before the storm arrives! he needs to finish now

maria87
07-22-2006, 04:21 PM
and he did it!! :D

6-2 for chucho, good win, with ups and downs but he fought and he wasl rising the level and finished the third set playing very well!! :worship:

he is in the finals! :worship:

Choupi
07-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, Chucho was the fave on the paper today, but I have to say that Monaco played a great match. Chucho really will have to enter the final far faster than what he did today. He'll have to increase his % of 1st serve, desperately, as well as reducing his UE. Anyway, he took the match. He's in the final. That's what counts right now. Vamos Chucho!! :)

Action Jackson
07-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Didn't do it the easy way, but Chucho is through to the final and he has a very good chance against Ferrer.

maria87
07-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Well, Chucho was the fave on the paper today, but I have to say that Monaco played a great match. Chucho really will have to enter the final far faster than what he did today. He'll have to increase his % of 1st serve, desperately, as well as reducing his UE. Anyway, he took the match. He's in the final. That's what counts right now. Vamos Chucho!! :)

yes, it is what it counts!
didn't you enjoy, Choupi, some good brilliant points with his backhand as i did?

Choupi
07-22-2006, 05:09 PM
yes, it is what it counts!
didn't you enjoy, Choupi, some good brilliant points with his backhand as i did?
Of course I did. Those have been brilliant. Just sad we've had to wait so long to have them. :)

maria87
07-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Of course I did. Those have been brilliant. Just sad we've had to wait so long to have them. :)

yes, right, but at least they arrived! :)

i hope we could have some more tomorrow in the finals ;)

Effka
07-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow, Pico was more resistant than i thought he would be, but a win is a win and it’s all that matters. It was so nice to see Chucho after so long time, i think that i’m even going to forgive him not coming to Sopot.

He stands a good chance against Ferrer in the final so good luck. Just do it like you did four times before :cool:

maria87
07-23-2006, 03:37 PM
we forgot to say chucho has his german crowd chearing on him :)

he just broke Ferrer 3-1 in the fourth set of the Finals...Vamos Chucho!!

Chucha!
07-23-2006, 03:52 PM
The match on DSF has been stoped ! Rrrrrr :@ :@ :@

Effka
07-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Jesus christ that's the saddest match of chucho i've seen. He led *5-1 in the fourth. Don't know if i should cry or laugh.

Chucha!
07-23-2006, 04:52 PM
And the final results? :s

maria87
07-23-2006, 04:58 PM
And the final results? :s
we don't know yet..he is losign fith set 2-3, now Ferrer on serve

maria87
07-23-2006, 05:00 PM
unbelievable! he was serving 5-1 for the match and suddenly he lost energy and focus and let Ferrer come back and he lost foruth set 7-5 and now he is down on the decisive set! :eek: :eek:

Chucha!
07-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh nooooo!

Ese match esta tan feo !

If Chucho lost of course ^^

Action Jackson
07-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Chucho blew this big time, he was in the dominant position and should have never lost this match, but such is life and got to take the opprtunities and Chucho didn't do that.

*Ljubica*
07-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I can't deny I was cheering for David today and I am thrilled for him right now - so was a little scared to come in here :o But I love Chucho too - and many of his fans are my friends, so I just wanted to come in to say congrats to him for such a long match - and I am sad for everyone here :hug: I hope Chucho will regroup and come back strong, and not let this defeat upset him for too long.

Chucha!
07-23-2006, 05:30 PM
:( :(

He was in finale, that's not so bad... ;) :(

Effka
07-23-2006, 05:31 PM
It's not like i ever expect him to win anything, but this time really should've finish ferrer off. It was very sad to watch, even though he really fought in the fifth. Life's a beach and that kind of things happen... get well Chucho, and it's gonna be better next time :hug:

rrfnpump
07-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Chucho...... I feel really sorry :sad:
he should have won this match being up 5-1, served twice for it, had MP
he really wanted this title. Was pretty emotional on court and it was the first time I saw him shouting "Vamos (Bamos :p)" two times in a row

I hope he gets over it as soon as possible

IslandGirl
07-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Chucho :sad: You put up such a great fight. Sorry it had to end this way. Despite being tired you fought til the end. Congratulations on making it to the final.

Choupi
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I can't deny I was cheering for David today and I am thrilled for him right now - so was a little scared to come in here :o But I love Chucho too - and many of his fans are my friends, so I just wanted to come in to say congrats to him for such a long match - and I am sad for everyone here :hug: I hope Chucho will regroup and come back strong, and not let this defeat upset him for too long.
Thanks. :hug: You'd always be welcome here. :)

I have to say I really wanted him to take that title, especially when he was 5/1 in that 4th set. But, he's been unable to take this chance, the 2 times he served for the match. And all congrats to Ferrer for his performance today because it surely hasn't been easy for him. I suppose I'm not the only one who's been freaked out when Chucho had that stroke on the court, in the 5th. Everybody told him to stop, Orsanic, Mourier, the trainer. But he decided to keep on fighting. When I saw the stretcher, I started getting really scared.....Anyway, he kept on the fight and that's what I wanna keep in mind at the moment. He reached the final, and fought for 5 hours. :worship:

Have a good rest Chucho now. It's all deserved. The DC team is waiting for you to be ready. :)

bad gambler
07-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Chucho blew it :sad:

Action Jackson
07-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Here is the presentation and he is gutted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGis9ltQVXE

bad gambler
07-23-2006, 09:51 PM
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger - hopefully next time he is in the same position he can close a big match out

Action Jackson
07-23-2006, 09:57 PM
For sure, Chucho can't dwell on this and let it hold him back.

RadiFed
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Chuchooo :sad: :sad: :sad: How could you blow 2 MP and 5-1 lead???? :rolleyes: :awww: It was a good tournament after all! :hug:

bad gambler
07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Here is the presentation and he is gutted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGis9ltQVXE

Thanks for the video

Damn that was tough to watch Chucho in tears during the presentation :sad:

FerrersLinda
07-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi :wavey:

Just wanted to come in here after reading about Chucho choking on GM. I saw the match and yes I was rooting for David but I like Chucho and think he is an amazing player. It p***** me of when people say Chucho choked. He put up a real fight and I think it was more a case of him not having anything to give anymore. He just looked empty. And when there is no more, there is not more. :shrug: Ferrer is one of the fittest guys on the tour so maybe that's what won him the match yesterday.

:hatoff: for Chucho.

Action Jackson
07-24-2006, 02:50 PM
If someone is up 5-1 serving for a match twice with a powerful serve and can't close it out and makes silly errors in the process, then it's a choke.

FerrersLinda
07-24-2006, 03:26 PM
If someone is up 5-1 serving for a match twice with a powerful serve and can't close it out and makes silly errors in the process, then it's a choke.

Maybe. :shrug: But it's never easy to serve for the match even if you have a powerful serve. You can also not underestimate the stubbornness and willpower of Ferrer. It's know he can come back from almost impossible positions.

Anyway, I think the word "choke" is so negative and the bottomline is that in this match both players put up a great fight. :)

Choupi
07-24-2006, 03:36 PM
the bottomline is that in this match both players put up a great fight. :)
I agree with that.

Action Jackson
07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Maybe. :shrug: But it's never easy to serve for the match even if you have a powerful serve. You can also not underestimate the stubbornness and willpower of Ferrer. It's know he can come back from almost impossible positions.

Anyway, I think the word "choke" is so negative and the bottomline is that in this match both players put up a great fight. :)

There is no maybe about. It was a simple and blatant choke under any circimstance and it happens in professional sport. As for being negative it's what happened, not everything is rosy in the world and sport is no different.

It has been said so many times Ferrer deserved to win as he handled his nerves better and there isn't any more really to be said on the matter, unless you want a circular discussion.

FerrersLinda
07-24-2006, 04:37 PM
There is no maybe about. It was a simple and blatant choke under any circumstance and it happens in professional sport. As for being negative it's what happened, not everything is rosy in the world and sport is no different.

It has been said so many times Ferrer deserved to win as he handled his nerves better and there isn't any more really to be said on the matter, unless you want a circular discussion.

Just wanted to give you my point of view. I absolutely agree with you, these things happen in sport and that's that. It just seems that some people think athletes are a bunch of a**holes when they loose and do it on purpose.

Not interested in a circular discussion. Let this be the end of it. :D