Passing Photos [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Passing Photos

Alison
01-26-2004, 01:16 PM
I hadn't forgotten Lizan!

Alison
01-26-2004, 01:22 PM
As promised,I scanned them.Such hard work looking through that book ;)

Alison
01-26-2004, 01:26 PM
And some more :)

Alison
01-26-2004, 02:06 PM
and a few more :)

xuzizhen
01-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Oh thank you so much Alison!!!

ubrunjensen
01-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks, Alison, you're a friend in need! But why so many pics of Clément and hardly any of Grosjean? The hair is disastrous, though, like a whole different being with a life of its own...Yuk! But he's so sweet on the first pic, in the ugly shiny suit people made them wear when playing Davis Cup! I presume it is the Davis Cup uniform, right?

esther
01-27-2004, 01:50 AM
wow good on ya alison!!! that would have taken forever to do!

Alison
01-27-2004, 05:02 AM
You're welcome :)

There are loads of photos of Seb,Ulla.Be patient! ;)

Alison
01-27-2004, 05:08 AM
And a few more ;)

Alison
01-27-2004, 05:14 AM
And some more :)

Alison
01-27-2004, 05:21 AM
There are lots more to come ;)

Alison
01-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Seb's on some of these Ulla ;)

xuzizhen
01-27-2004, 05:57 AM
alison you want to cure our broken heart by these pics?

Alison
01-27-2004, 07:33 AM
Xuzizhen,these are the pictures in 'Passing Potes',you must try and get it somehow :) I know it's awful Seb retiring like that.I'm gutted,I dread to think how Seb must feel :sad:

Anyhow,maybe these will cheer you up ;)

xuzizhen
01-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Thank you alison .Yes i'm tying to buy this book :)

i'll be ok soon .time will cure the pain

Alison
01-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Are you ready for some more? :)

Alison
01-27-2004, 10:33 AM
What about these? ;)

ubrunjensen
01-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Thank you, Alison! I will never again complain about the number of scanned pics of Grosjean! It's funny, he also had those pouches under his eyes when he was a kid. And that headband! What a mistake! I'm glad he decided to change to caps! Otherwise he's nothing but adorable, horsey grin and all!

aivlis
01-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Big thanks to Alison :worship:
I love them so much, especially the one Seb and Nono were in football shirts.
They look just like two nine years old kids ;)

Alison
01-28-2004, 08:44 AM
You'll be wanting some more then? ;)

Alison
01-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Last ones now :D

Marine
01-28-2004, 09:42 AM
I don't like them with their stupid football shirts.. :rolleyes: ...but...it's just my opinion...

KellyluvsGrosjean
01-28-2004, 05:53 PM
alison you are sooooo nice
merci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

esther
01-28-2004, 10:19 PM
I don't like them with their stupid football shirts.. :rolleyes: ...but...it's just my opinion...

REALLY?!! i reckon its one of the cutest photos!

ubrunjensen
01-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Oh Alison! Someday they will name a street after you! Thank you so much! But the pic of Grosjean shirtless is still a nightmare...
He really looks so much cuter and sexier WITH HIS CLOTHES ON!!!

esther
01-30-2004, 12:12 AM
LOL @ they will name a street after you

Alison
01-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Oh Alison! Someday they will name a street after you!

Is that supposed to be a compliment?

I dread to think what sort of street it would be :eek: :eek: ;) :haha:

sebgrosfan
01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Woohoo Alison, this is *amazing*! For some reason I just love the p.47 pic... drool... and shirtless... double drool...

ubrunjensen
01-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Is that supposed to be a compliment?

Of course it's a compliment! How can you not appreciate it? How can anyone not want a street to be named after them? The ultimate accolade, really! ;) And I'm sure it would be an avenue with lovely flowerbeds and tall palm trees in tubs! Can't you just imagine how beautiful it will be? :D

Alison
01-31-2004, 09:58 AM
And I'm sure it would be an avenue with lovely flowerbeds and tall palm trees in tubs! Can't you just imagine how beautiful it will be?

:haha:

Na,it would have loads of pubs and bars and book shops,and a dog rescue ;) Most probably in the seedier part of town :eek:

ubrunjensen
01-31-2004, 10:07 AM
:rolls: You're probably right, you know! But then the seedier part of town is usually the most interesting anyway!

Lizan
01-31-2004, 11:50 AM
ALISON that's great (sorry for aswering late, but my computer is finally all better lol).. I guess I was not the only one who wanted to see the pictures, but I thought I told you, you shouldn't do to much trouble LOL.. But you're so sweet to have done this, I love allllllll the pictures. Especcialy the one with Arnaud and Seb, where seb has his leg on a weird place LOL..

zyim333
01-31-2004, 01:38 PM
thank u alison
what is the name of the book?

ubrunjensen
01-31-2004, 02:46 PM
I love allllllll the pictures. Especcialy the one with Arnaud and Seb, where seb has his leg on a weird place LOL..

Can't help but wonder if it isn't rather painful for poor Clément to have Grosjean's leg just...there...? ;)

Tennishead
01-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks very much
Nice pics

Lizan
01-31-2004, 04:57 PM
LOL Ulla, I don't have a CLUE..

The name of the book is Passing Potes

Alison
01-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Can't help but wonder if it isn't rather painful for poor Clément to have Grosjean's leg just...there...?

I am willing to undergo scientific testing to see if that is painful ;) :drool:

Lizan, I'm so glad you like the pictures :D It was such hard work looking at them again ;) Honest!!!!!!Glad to have you back!

I'm off back into the seedier part of town now where I am most comfortable :devil:

wilma
01-31-2004, 07:58 PM
LLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

zyim333
02-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Thank you alison .Yes i'm tying to buy this book :)

i'll be ok soon .time will cure the pain

is seb 's injury so serious?

xuzizhen
02-01-2004, 02:26 AM
is seb 's injury so serious?

he'll be absent from my eyes for 3 weeks,isn't that serious?

Sammy
02-01-2004, 03:24 AM
I've got some photos too!

I'll post them up tomorrow or the next day. Probably Tuesday. Got heaps of Seb! Gotta love these digital cameras!

Also, esther, could you please, please, please, send me the translated copy of 'Passing Potes'? Please?

My email address is (take out the gaps) Sallieauau @ yahoo . com . au

Thankyou so much! Judging from the amount of photos this book includes, I think I'll be buying it. But as I don't read French (I am learning though!) the english version would certainly come in handy!

I love that we can all share! Wait till you see my pics! So many close ups of Seb signing after his match against Ginepri! And so close!

Sammy

zyim333
02-01-2004, 05:03 AM
that will be too bad for my rest winter vacation.
but we are all looking forward to his turning out ,arent we.and i dont think he will miss the roland garros 2004.missing will bring hearts closer ,isnt it!:)

wilma
02-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Wait till you see my pics! So many close ups of Seb signing after his match against Ginepri! And so close!

Can't wait to see them, Sammy! And welcome! (I noticed on the French Musketeer site that your name is actually Kelly. Are you the Kelly from the French forum at Seb's site?)

xuzizhen
02-01-2004, 08:09 AM
the same question

Sammy
02-01-2004, 08:14 AM
That's me wilma!

(Warning - I tend to ramble a bit!)

On Wednesday I took two of my girls - we sat right behind Sebastien's courtside seat (In show court 2).

During one of the breaks he was walking back to his seat and he picked his towel up and started wiping his face (he was facing us) and I stood up and took a photo and he stopped and my girls said "He's looking at you!" so I quickly took another photo of him 'looking at me'.

*laughs*

He also signed my daughter's tennis ball teddy. He took it off her and then he turned it around, looking at it and then signed his sig right under the teddy's nose - like a moustache. *laughs*

I went back on the Sunday, only this time I went by myself. I was the first in line at the gates and when they opened them I walked really fast (not allowed to run!) up the stairs, past Rod Laver Arena and into Margaret Court.

I was the first one in there.

Went and sat in the front row seat, right behind the courtside seats. Sat there with fingers crossed hoping Sebastien would be sitting at this end.

I sat through two doubles matches - Nadal and Robredo match was good! Loved watching Nadal especially, seeing as he'd played the previous night. Whoa. That guy is good!

Anyway, halfway through teh second doubles match I asked the man next to me to mind my seat and went and stretched my legs and unnumbed my bum.
Got a coffee and walked around a bit, which was fun. Walked by all the outdoor courts and then went back to Margaret Court Arena.

I was taking so many photos of Sebastien that the security guard kept looking at me.
He was the same security guard from the Wednesday match - dark skinned dude. Stood near Grosjean during breaks and during signings.

Lol.

Afterwards, I was so chuffed that he'd won that I went and bought myself a drink and sat in the garden bit and watched the big screen for a while.

I didn't want to go home. I didn't want the day to end.

Was a damn good day!

Sammy

xuzizhen
02-01-2004, 08:25 AM
sammy i've read your massage to seb that day in him officiel forum . very emotive

Sammy
02-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Which one was that xuzizhen? I just went and had a look at my posts there.

And thankyou.

Sammy

wilma
02-01-2004, 09:02 AM
He also signed my daughter's tennis ball teddy. He took it off her and then he turned it around, looking at it and then signed his sig right under the teddy's nose - like a moustache. *laughs*

Awww that's so cute! I think I will take my kid along to a Seb match if ever I go to one and (mis)use her as a way to get his attention. Also she could get an autograph for me. LOL.
Your posts are actually the only ones I can understand at the French forum, Sammy. And I'm really looking forward to your pictures.

Lizan
02-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Me too.. Seb must really LOVE kids, that's sooo cute.. I love that in men!!

ubrunjensen
02-01-2004, 11:10 AM
He really is the nicest guy on earth!
Maybe I should change my mind about having kids of my own? Seems taking a kid is the sensible thing to do if you want to grab his attention and get the right autograph!

wilma
02-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Anything for Grosjean, eh Ulla? ;)

ubrunjensen
02-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Will probably make my bf a little bit suspicious if I suddenly changed my mind, though...
I've always said I'm not mature enough to have kids myself!

Lizan
02-01-2004, 04:49 PM
everybody changes their minds ones in a while..

Marine
02-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Don't worry, ubrunjensen, to have kids is not an obligation, Esther got his attention by another way (which one ? I think she used all the ways, tutu, flag, book, scream, arnaud... and now she has his autograph and still more too, and seb will remember of her for a long time i think ! LOL)

Sammy
02-01-2004, 09:08 PM
lol. You guys are funny!

You could always borrow a small child off a friend or relative. *laughs*

:)

In all seriousness, I didn't take the girls so as to get Sebastien's autograph. That thought never crossed my mind.
I wanted them to experience the atmosphere of the Australian Open.
Plus, I admit, I wanted to see him play... in the flesh. Have a perve.

Getting those good seats PLUS having him come over and sign a tennisball teddy moustache was an added bonus!

It was an excellent day out with the girls! I recommend it to all of you who have children.

Next year I'm buying tickets for the finals at Rod Laver, plus I"m going every single day Sebastien plays. :)

Oh yeah! The Swedish fans during the Escude/Soderling match were unbelieeeevably excellent!

Did anyone else see/hear them? They were pretty hard to miss.

wilma
02-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Well, Marine, frankly I wouldn't have the nerve to do all those things Esther did, so my daughter would come in handy there.
The Swedish fans were often prominently shown, Sammy; they had a good time apparently LOL.

esther
02-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I am willing to undergo scientific testing to see if that is painful ;) :drool:

I'm off back into the seedier part of town now where I am most comfortable :devil:

LOOOOOOOL
*dies laughing*

esther
02-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Don't worry, ubrunjensen, to have kids is not an obligation, Esther got his attention by another way (which one ? I think she used all the ways, tutu, flag, book, scream, arnaud... and now she has his autograph and still more too, and seb will remember of her for a long time i think ! LOL)

LOL!! cant say i didnt try ;)

Peta Pan
02-02-2004, 11:02 AM
It was an excellent day out with the girls! I recommend it to all of you who have children.

hehe, I don't need children, I am the 'child' myself - running around getting photos with the players and chasing autographs like the other kids... and I'm proud of it :P

Oh yeah! The Swedish fans during the Escude/Soderling match were unbelieeeevably excellent!

LOL... my friend and I follow all the Swedish players and last year we were accepted into the fans little (or should I say large) group and sat with them at the matches. This year, although we still went to nearly all the Swedish matches, there were also a lot more other matches we were interested in from other countries, so we sat on our own.

They are a great bunch though and the Australian Open wouldn't be the same without them!

:)Peta

rebel
02-02-2004, 09:34 PM

Yeah, I was at that match - I loved the guy who had the last "oohh!" after everyone had finished cheering. Where were u sitting Sammy?

Esther and I egged each other on to do all those crazy Seb related things at Kooyong and the AO. It helps to have a support network!

esther
02-02-2004, 09:35 PM
support network? are they the right words? loool

Sammy
02-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Rebel said:

"Yeah, I was at that match - I loved the guy who had the last "oohh!" after everyone had finished cheering."

OMG! I'd forgotten about that!!! I'm just cracking up laughing at the moment. His 'ooh' was so funny!

Where were we sitting?

You know how there's two entrances to the court? The players entrance on one side and another, wider entrance on the other?

Well we were sitting on the left hand side (facing the court) of that entrance. Almost directly behind Escude's courtside seat. The Swedish fans were sitting behind us, to our left.

Next year all us Seb fans (who are fortunate enough to live in Melbourne and those able to fly over here) should do something like that for the French players!

Lol.

I am such a traitor to my country.
*laughs hysterically*

rebel
02-02-2004, 10:13 PM
support network? are they the right words? loool

Probably not. ;)
I'm just trying to be restrained and pc. I can think of some others tho!

Sammy, I think you're right about having people cheering for Seb - I think he got alot out of it with his Hrbaty match. We went off!!

I know he didn't look at us Esther during that particular match (didn't want to get distracted by how fab we are hehe) but I did see the dimples show. :angel:

Peta Pan
02-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Well we were sitting on the left hand side (facing the court) of that entrance. Almost directly behind Escude's courtside seat. The Swedish fans were sitting behind us, to our left.

And we were sitting in the 3rd row behind the baseline down Escudes' chair's side of the court - I like sitting behind the baseline on the show courts because you don't have to turn your head from side so much!!!!!

I am such a traitor to my country.
*laughs hysterically*

Haha, I've been like that for years too... although I like the Australian female players, I can't bring myself to like Hewitt and Philippoussis - I really don't care if any of the Australian men do any good (actually it's better if they get knocked out early so that when I'm watching on TV in the 2nd week, channel 7 doesn't bombard me with Australian matches! :P

esther
02-09-2004, 09:28 AM
i've sent the book to sammy and xuzizhen was there neone else?

xuzizhen
02-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi! Esther u've sent it to me again? Thanks a lot!!
And just this morning i recieved the book from amazon!! After 15 days' waiting it arrives in the end!!
*kiss *

esther
02-09-2004, 10:03 AM
hehe ure welcome

Sammy
02-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Hi esther!

Thanks for sending me the book...but I didn't get it! :)

Could you pretty please try again?

email address is : sallieauau @ yahoo.com.au (without the gaps.)

Thanks esther!

Sammy.

esther
02-10-2004, 11:03 PM
whhhhhhatt
i sent it to both of you and it didnt work! how annoying ok i'll try sending it again...

esther
02-11-2004, 05:56 AM
ok sammy i sent it again so i hope it worked

Peta Pan
02-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Yep, you were re-writing it and then sending it to me as well... peta_aus@msn.com

I don't know when I'll get internet access again to let you know if I receive it because my computer died and is in for repair.

Thanks heaps

Sammy
02-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Oooh esther! I got it!!!

And I've already finished reading it!!!

Thank you so so so so so so much!

Sammy

aivlis
02-11-2004, 05:29 PM
hello, esther,
could you also send me the book, please? If it's not too much trouble.
my email is: aivlisinsel@yahoo.de
thanks!

esther
02-12-2004, 09:42 AM
ok i've sent it to both of you :)

aivlis
02-12-2004, 03:45 PM
:worship: BIG thanks to esther.
i've got the book you sent.
i can't wait to read it, thanks!

Peta Pan
02-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Thank you SO much Esther - you are so talented and patient to translate the whole book so well.

I had a quick look before to make sure I got it ok and found myself wanting to read it. I decided I had better wait until I get my own (faster) computer back because this one is SOOOO slow. It was hard to drag myself away from it though - can't wait to read it!

I particularly liked (so far) the little part where they were talking about their junior days and Arnaud said how his mum told him that Seb looked pudgy and should be run around the court to wear him out.... that whole little exchange between them was so cute!

esther
02-14-2004, 11:01 AM
yeah i reckon the first chatper where they are just talking was absolutely hilarious. Especially how they keep talking about how fat seb was lol *sigh*

umm...i dont think i mentioned that i'll be expecting to be paid in cash not by cheque did i?

;)

Peta Pan
02-15-2004, 12:20 PM
:) :worship: :bigclap: :yeah: :D :bounce: :banana: :bounce: :D :yeah: :bigclap: :) :worship: :)

Will a row of smileys do instead??? ;)

*forever grateful!!!*

esther
02-17-2004, 09:41 AM
hehe that will do peta!!
thanks ;)