Can Agassi Beat Hewitt in Cincy??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Can Agassi Beat Hewitt in Cincy???

eshell
08-09-2002, 07:32 PM
Hewitt leads the series with Agassi 3-2. This will be a tough matchup for Andre.

Do you think he can beat Hewitt?

:confused: :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
08-09-2002, 07:37 PM
I think the Potato will win, but i hope not

hi eshell

BTW does the e in the eshell stand for "egg" ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-09-2002, 07:49 PM
I think that Hewitt will win this one.

Agassi hasn't beat Hewitt in about a year and a half, and last time they played he had match points and still couldn't do it.

Besides, seeing Andy lose to Andre won't be nearly as fun as seeing him lose to Hewitt.

Lindsayfan
08-09-2002, 08:06 PM
i think andre will win cos hewitt didnt play well against nieminem,i didnt like his performance.instead andre played solid against enquist,he specially served very well.

GO ANDRE!!!

Scotso
08-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Hewitt will lay the smack down on double head! :D

Goonergal
08-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by GoLleyt
Hewitt will lay the smack down on double head! :D

:D

Static
08-09-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca

Besides, seeing Andy lose to Andre won't be nearly as fun as seeing him lose to Hewitt.

So true :D

Lily
08-09-2002, 09:21 PM
I have no idea.

I just want one of them to beat Roddick.

Leo7
08-09-2002, 10:37 PM
well Agassi definitely can do it. this should be a hard-fought battle b/c both players are so determined and are really ferocious fighters! their returns have been on all week so i expect many breaks of serve. but i give the edge to Lleyton! in 3 sets!

i just hope it's as good as their San Jose final!

;)

Murkofan
08-09-2002, 11:30 PM
Lleyton will have to serve a helluva lot better than he did against Nieminen. I think his first serve percentage in that match was like 33 or something. :o If he pulls that again, Double Head has a pretty good shot.

Having said that, I like Lleyton will come out sharp from the get-go and win. And then (assuming the Drama Queen wins) he'll spank RodPrick in the semis. :D

C'mon Lleyton! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

per4ever
08-09-2002, 11:35 PM
GO ANDRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotso
08-10-2002, 03:48 AM

Murkofan
08-10-2002, 04:05 AM
I second that.

Angele
08-10-2002, 04:33 AM
I third that

irma
08-11-2002, 02:12 PM
andre will get revenge at the open :D

tennischick
08-11-2002, 03:16 PM
i hope you're right irma. it's beginning to seriously annoy me the way the Potato seems so fricking invincible. and all he does is return the ball. nothing fancy, nothing creative. he's just really fast on his feet and he gets the ball back, forcing you to play another and another and another. unbelievable! :mad: :mad:

Sjengster
07-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Yes, that is plan A for him... although what makes him so tough to play against is that he can also turn defence into offence and actually step up and hit winners once he's managed to outmaneouvre his opponent in a rally. What's really let him down ever since last year's Wimbledon is his frequently laughable serve, the low percentages of which have allowed the opposition to get a foothold in his every service game.

Sjengster
07-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I just realised that I responded to a post which is almost a year old. Why has this thread moved to the top of the page by itself? Weird...

Leo
07-18-2003, 12:42 AM
I think a poll goes back to the top whenever somebody casts a vote, even if there isn't a new post. Looks as if a poster decided to cast a vote now, almost a year after the match took place, and it's bumped up the thread to the top. I'm not sure why this forum works like that anyway, since it's different on wtaworld.

BigCrimper
07-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Well, it was still a very good point so I'm glad you answered it ;)

Hewitt has had some losses this year that seem very "unlike him", as far as the past goes: the French Open match against Robredo for example. Robredo played very well but I can't remember Hewitt ever blowing such a huge lead before.

Leo
07-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Well, it was still a very good point so I'm glad you answered it ;)

Hewitt has had some losses this year that seem very "unlike him", as far as the past goes: the French Open match against Robredo for example. Robredo played very well but I can't remember Hewitt ever blowing such a huge lead before.

Never. Hewitt had never lost a match before from two sets up. Not to mention he let a 3-0 final set lead slip away against Robredo.

As Sjengster posted, Hewitt's serve has really let him down this past year. It had shown signs of improvement last summer, but has really become a liability this season. I also feel that he's not as sure of himself as he used to be and his groundstrokes and passes aren't as solid and consistent as they were last year, which partly due to his lack of match toughness, which is due to his refusal to play a full schedule of ATP tournaments, which is due to his hatred of the ATP. It's a lovely chain, isn't it?

BigCrimper
07-18-2003, 05:08 AM
Lovely. Yeah, the lack of matches is killer on someone (I would think) with his game.

I wish he would (or his parents?) stop this suing the ATP/etc stuff.

Chloe le Bopper
07-18-2003, 05:37 AM
I'm actually starting to get a bit concerned for him, which is totally unlike me.