The "HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HC Thread (Cincy!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HC Thread (Cincy!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Deboogle!.
07-08-2006, 11:08 PM
According to the Bryans, Andy might take a wildcard into LA. I hate him. Last year, when I could go the whole week, he yanks the day the draw is made. This year, I can't really go, and he'll play. Thanks Andy. Oh, but is playing 5 weeks in a row really a good idea? Wait. n/m.

He's entered into Indy and DC and obviously the Masters.
===========
Q. Any message from your dad?

MIKE BRYAN: Talked to mom.

BOB BRYAN: I haven't talked to anyone. I guess Andy called.

MIKE BRYAN: Yeah, actually, the first three guys that called were Andy, Mardy and James, which was pretty cool. They all watched it back at home. They're excited. Could kind of tell Andy's fired up to get back on the court. Kind of watches it and he wants to be here. And I'm like, What are you playing? He's like, I'm playing everything this summer. I'm playing Indy, LA, Washington. He wants to just beat up the summer.

Q. He took a wildcard into LA?

MIKE BRYAN: Yeah, that's what he said, he's playing all of them.

BOB BRYAN: They're holding one for him.

surfpinky
07-08-2006, 11:16 PM
what a little shit...

Deboogle!.
07-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Basically.

partygirl
07-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Well we all know Andy is a JeRk.

You know, he's had so much time off from before & after the French and after Wimblywreck that he just might be able to take a full summer:shrug:

i guess we'll find out.

"Please don't get hurt in the first match!" ...dont call me clairvoyant:tape:

Great title Deb but i just want to go one step further and wish that ass
to give us AND HIMSELF something to get excited about this summer & DO IT!!!!

Wooo.

Hoooooooooooooo!!!

guida
07-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Nothing he does surprises me anymore. He seems to be totally disoriented.

tangerine_dream
07-09-2006, 04:50 AM
Andy's mojo is dazed and confused.

partygirl
07-09-2006, 05:07 AM
I though we evicted that vile string of letters :p

rofe
07-09-2006, 06:08 AM
Hmm...not sure about Andy wanting to pretty much play the entire summer season. He may either get burnt out or be better prepared to go deep at the US Open. I think if he gets some titles he will skip some tournaments.

I think LA might actually be ok for him. He desperately needs some confidence and some practice. I am pretty sure he has used the time to improve some aspects of his game like volleying and backhand.

superpinkone37
07-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Interesting. I might have to go now.

That sucks though, Deb, that you can't go this time. :(

williaer
07-09-2006, 07:44 AM
He wants to just beat up the summer.
He better or I'll be the one beating HIM up :)

Fee
07-09-2006, 08:09 AM
I would not plan on LA, seriously. If he pulls from one, it is most likely that one or Washington. This is not smart.

robinhood
07-09-2006, 08:58 AM
It's good to see him eager and willling to work hard this summer though.
If the US hard court also turns out be all Fed vs. Nadal,
I'LL GO CRAZY!!! :fiery:

Caren
07-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Considering he's had so much time off over the last 2 months i think its a good idea, he couldn't possibly have a burnout if he's fit enough. It's not like he's went deep in the tournaments he has played (minus Queens but in my opinion that wasn't deep enough :o ) It'll do him good.

Besides if we're honest none of us are expecting him to go deep in many of them they way he's playing so :wavey:

tangerine_dream
07-09-2006, 03:09 PM
It's good to see him eager and willling to work hard this summer though.
If the US hard court also turns out be all Fed vs. Nadal,
I'LL GO CRAZY!!! :fiery:
Don't worry Robin, Blake should be back on form for the summer. ;)

Deboogle!.
07-09-2006, 03:17 PM
I would not plan on LA, seriously. If he pulls from one, it is most likely that one or Washington. This is not smart.He wouldn't pull from DC b/c of his history there and the SFX connection (unless he were to play Indy and La and win both or something, and we know that ain't gonna happen!). Remember, he signed waaaaaay early and he was actually entered in LA Last year and pulled out after his embarrassing performance in Indy and I rememer saying a lot last year that he might pull from LA... but if he's gonna actually take a WC into LA, I doubt he'd do so if he didn't intend to play.

At least I can't over-spend this year :) Danielle, go last minute, you get $10 off for the day sessions early in the week so you can go last minute for $15 and move up to good seats :cool:

blosson
07-09-2006, 05:57 PM
OK. The rollercoster starts all over again. I hope it gets stuck on the rise.

Merton
07-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Good luck Andy, there is no way that he will play 5 weeks in a row, but hopefully he will do good enough so that he is in a position to drop out of either LA or DC.

partygirl
07-09-2006, 07:30 PM
DC has to be for sure right?

he's defending champ among other reasons.

Deboogle!.
07-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, i'd say so Larah.

knight_ley
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I hope he does DC cuz I'm heading down to that one a few times since it's so close to me. :lol: We're only going to his and Kiwi's matches tho :p So if he doesn't go, that means I'll only go for one day cuz that'll all Kiwi lasts :lol:

UGH I want hardcourts to start today.

Golfnduck
07-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Hmmm...should be interesting to see if he plays LA, or if he pulls out at the last minute. He needs to pick up points wherever he can get them.

Fumus
07-10-2006, 08:20 PM
It's only 5 straight weeks if Andy is actually winning events...lol

adee-gee
07-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Why didn't Andy play Newport? He might've been able to win a match :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
07-10-2006, 10:05 PM
and play 6 weeks straight? Yes that would be brilliant ;) Plus, it's time to practice on hardcourt. no sense in playing on grass after Wimby :shrug:

adee-gee
07-10-2006, 10:07 PM
and play 6 weeks straight? Yes that would be brilliant ;) Plus, it's time to practice on hardcourt. no sense in playing on grass after Wimby :shrug:
It'll be nice to see him win a match though :awww:

Deboogle!.
07-10-2006, 10:09 PM
he'll win a match in Indy. Maybe only one... but probably one :awww:

adee-gee
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
he'll win a match in Indy. Maybe only one... but probably one :awww:
I'm glad you're so confident :sad:

Deboogle!.
07-10-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm glad you're so confident :sad:Considering he won the tourney back to back a couple years ago, i don't think saying he'll probably win one match is being all that confident :awww:

adee-gee
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Considering he won the tourney back to back a couple years ago, i don't think saying he'll probably win one match is being all that confident :awww:
In Andy's current state, I'd say it's being wildly optimistic :bigcry:

Deboogle!.
07-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time he's lost in the first round (or the first round in which he played) this year is at RG, which was an injury retirement. So even despite his horrific season, he hasn't lost THAT early so I don't think saying he should win 1 match is that optimistic |:

adee-gee
07-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time he's lost in the first round (or the first round in which he played) this year is at RG, which was an injury retirement. So even despite his horrific season, he hasn't lost THAT early so I don't think saying he should win 1 match is that optimistic |:
I'm only jooooooooooooking dear :kiss:

He's going to go on a tear during the hardcourt season :D

Deboogle!.
07-10-2006, 11:17 PM
He's going to go on a tear during the hardcourt season :DNow who's the one who's being wildly optimistic :awww:

Caren
07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Sharing any kind of optimism being a fan of Andy Roddick is always goind to be wild...it's part and parcel of the description. :angel:

chisey
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
you want wildly optimistic? I can do that!

omg Andy is gunna win every tournament he enters and then he's going to win the US Open again by finally beating Federer and then he'll win every tournament evar until he is #1 in the world! No rily u guyz!11'

*gets booted off the forum* :-P

More seriously, with all this talk of Andy playing a 'full hardcourt season' and 'signing up for everything'...would that mean he would possibly/probably be at Cincinatti? Because that's the one I could maybe go to, and if there was a chance he'd play, then hmmm.

I just hope Andy wins *one* title during the hard court season, even if it's a dinky one. Come on, Andy. Just one. You can do it!

As for being wildly optimistic as part of being an Andy Roddick fan...heck, I always did like an underdog :-)

Deboogle!.
07-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Andy's defending finalist at Cincy, he's won it before, and it's a Masters event. I don't see him skipping it, barring injury or whatever. There's way more than a chance he'll play, he's automatically entered and he better be there or his ranking is in ddddeeeeeeeeeppppppp shit.

Deboogle!.
07-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Here's what Mr. Dougtastic has to say about the HC season
============
Spreen Says
Doug Speen, Athletic Trainer
July 10th, 2006 07:42 am

Now we head into the Summer hard court season. There are a couple of things we have to consider as the summer is upon us. First we are back on the hard courts. It always takes a few days to get the body use:mad: to the pounding it takes playing on such a hard surface. Also with playing for over 2 straight months on the hard courts all of the players feel the stress, soreness, and wear and tear on their bodies. It is also very, very hot and humid in many of the cites.

If you have never been in Indianapolis, Washington DC, and Cincinnati in the in the summer, it is hard to describe just how tough the conditions are. So as we look at the next two months it will be important for Andy to continue to work on his conditioning and start getting his body adjusted to the Heat and Humidity.

revolution
07-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Hi deb :wavey:

Good read- good to see he sounds well up for the hard court swing and I'm sure he'll do well.

revolution
07-11-2006, 01:33 AM
I might add while there's a fair bit to lose in Cincy there's loads to gain in Canada where he lost in the first round to serial choker PHM :o

Deboogle!.
07-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Yes but, since he says he always has trouble going from Washington DC to Canada, I guess we can't really expect him to do well there.

chisey
07-11-2006, 03:04 AM
Andy's defending finalist at Cincy, he's won it before, and it's a Masters event. I don't see him skipping it, barring injury or whatever. There's way more than a chance he'll play, he's automatically entered and he better be there or his ranking is in ddddeeeeeeeeeppppppp shit.

oh great, thanks for saying so, I appreciate it. Always nice to hear these things from people that know more than I do :-)

Winston's Human
07-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Here's what Mr. Dougtastic has to say about the HC season
============
Spreen Says
July 10th, 2006 07:42 am

Now we head into the Summer hard court season. There are a couple of things we have to consider as the summer is upon us. First we are back on the hard courts. It always takes a few days to get the body use:mad: to the pounding it takes playing on such a hard surface. Also with playing for over 2 straight months on the hard courts all of the players feel the stress, soreness, and wear and tear on their bodies. It is also very, very hot and humid in many of the cites.

If you have never been in Indianapolis, Washington DC, and Cincinnati in the in the summer, it is hard to describe just how tough the conditions are. So as we look at the next two months it will be important for Andy to continue to work on his conditioning and start getting his body adjusted to the Heat and Humidity.

It's not like Texas is all that pleasant in the summertime.

Deboogle!.
07-11-2006, 04:27 AM
It's not like Texas is all that pleasant in the summertime.my thoughts exactly :lol:

Noelle
07-11-2006, 05:00 AM
I'm psyching myself up to be optimistic. :) :dance:

superpinkone37
07-11-2006, 06:03 AM
OH MY GOD, DEB, YOU HAVE A CHEST BUMPING SMILEY IN YOUR SIG FOR THE BRYANS. IT'S PROBABLY BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE BUT I JUST NOTICED RIGHT NOW AND OMG THAT'S THE BEST THING EVER AND I FREAKING LOVE IT. AND YES, I AM SO EXCITED BY THAT LITTLE ORANGE BOUNCING SMILEY THAT I HAD TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS.

Fee
07-11-2006, 06:24 AM
I agree with what she said. ^^

Caren
07-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Me three :worship:

snaillyyy
07-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Me four :bigclap:

tennis lover
07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Me five! :lol:

Deboogle!.
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
OH MY GOD, DEB, YOU HAVE A CHEST BUMPING SMILEY IN YOUR SIG FOR THE BRYANS. IT'S PROBABLY BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE BUT I JUST NOTICED RIGHT NOW AND OMG THAT'S THE BEST THING EVER AND I FREAKING LOVE IT. AND YES, I AM SO EXCITED BY THAT LITTLE ORANGE BOUNCING SMILEY THAT I HAD TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS.:haha: :haha: :haha: I just put it in last night :) Glad you guys like it, it made me giggle. I got the smiley from Pepper LaRue so she gets credit too!

Carito_90
07-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't even know if this HC season is worth watching... :shrug: I guess he could pick up some points in Cincy and the USO but... he'll probably lose them in Toronto lol.

Carito_90
07-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Oh, me six! :lol:

tangerine_dream
07-11-2006, 05:37 PM
I love the chest bump smilie too. :D

And I must be the only one excited about a new season beginning; a new chance for Andy to redeem himself. FIRE IT UP!!!! :woohoo:

knight_ley
07-11-2006, 05:47 PM
I found out what we're talking about. ME SEVEN!!!

surfpinky
07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
me ate chocolate

Caren
07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
lol this last page of replies has made me giggle out loud :lol:

I'm excited about it now as well, more so because anything other than a couple of wins from Andy in each tournment is more than i'm expecting. He could surprise me, but i'm not getting my hopes up again to get them dashed a la Wimbledon. :sad:

blosson
07-11-2006, 06:16 PM
The twins smilie is super cute! The only thing missing are the caps.

partygirl
07-11-2006, 08:41 PM
"Fire it up!!!!!" x2 :p

superpinkone37
07-11-2006, 09:13 PM
I looked at this page and was like, what are they all agreeing about? :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
07-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I looked at this page and was like, what are they all agreeing about? :sobbing:every time i read your post in all caps, I laugh again.

Caren
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
"Fire it up!!!!!" x2 :p

:haha: I watched Jock talk earlier PMSL

Golfnduck
07-11-2006, 10:19 PM
And I must be the only one excited about a new season beginning; a new chance for Andy to redeem himself. FIRE IT UP!!!! :woohoo:
I'm ready for Andy to fire it up. To help Andy out, I plan on lighting a fire under his ass. Literally if necessary :p

tennis lover
07-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I love the chest bump smilie too. :D

I'm excited too! :dance:

tangerine_dream
07-12-2006, 07:23 PM
FIRE IT UP!!!!!!!!! :D

Indystar has published an special insert about the RCA Championships:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060712/CUSTOMPUB49/60711028/-1/ZONES04

Andy Roddick
Best RCA Championships finish: 3 titles

The lakeside Austin, Texas, tennis neighbor of Lance Armstrong may rarely need any competitive inspiration. But if he does, Roddick can always receive counsel from the former American race king, who lives just a short cycle sprint away.

Roddick has made his own sporting history at the RCA Championships, winning titles back-to-back in 2003 and 2004. That first trophy success pointed the Midwest-born player toward a US Open title that season. The multiple Wimbledon finalist showed victory was no fluke, winning again in Indy the next year.

Faik Kheft
07-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm excited too! :dance:
I'm excited - in a kind of cautious way! :D

Carito_90
07-12-2006, 11:45 PM
I just heard Roger saying in an interview on how he felt when he won each Wimby title, that he had the toughest time with 2004's final with Andy, because he felt exhausted in the end and he thought Andy had played the best match in his life, so it must've been a big blow for him losing that match. They showed it here on tv.

I just thought it was interesting... you know how everyone is constantly discussing about when Andy's big blow was, if during the USO or Wimby or whatever... I guess Roger's opinion could be more accurate than any of us. :p

tennis lover
07-13-2006, 12:20 AM
I just heard Roger saying in an interview on how he felt when he won each Wimby title, that he had the toughest time with 2004's final with Andy, because he felt exhausted in the end and he thought Andy had played the best match in his life, so it must've been a big blow for him losing that match. They showed it here on tv.

I just thought it was interesting... you know how everyone is constantly discussing about when Andy's big blow was, if during the USO or Wimby or whatever... I guess Roger's opinion could be more accurate than any of us. :p
I agree with you. Although Andy's slump might have started at the US open in 2004, I think it really began after last year's wimbledon final. Andy played so well and he still got beaten really easily. I have never seen him look so sad (although to be fair I haven't seen all of his matches!). Seeing him sat on his chair at the end with his head hanging while Roger was parading his trophy broke my heart. I think this was a major blow to his confidence because he had been working so hard to be able to beat Roger and despite his best efforts he lost. And I don't think he's ever fully regained his confidence since. :sad:

Deboogle!.
07-13-2006, 12:28 AM
I agree with you. Although Andy's slump might have started at the US open in 2004, I think it really began after last year's wimbledon final. Andy played so well and he still got beaten really easily. I have never seen him look so sad (although to be fair I haven't seen all of his matches!). Seeing him sat on his chair at the end with his head hanging while Roger was parading his trophy broke my heart. I think this was a major blow to his confidence because he had been working so hard to be able to beat Roger and despite his best efforts he lost. And I don't think he's ever fully regained his confidence since. :sad:But wasn't Roger talking about the 2004 match? Andy didn't play that well last year at all. It was 2004 where Andy really gave him a scare. I just don't buy that that's where his slump started because he played great summer of 2004, winning Indy, awesome match in the semis of Cincy against andre, finals of canada, and played awesome really awesome at the USO til that QF match there and hasn't played like that since. So, Roger's opinion doesn't convince me.

tangerine_dream
07-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Some people think that Roger talking up Andy is his way of talking down Rafa. :lol:

Wimbledon 2004 was a great match. I still feel that if the rain delays hadn't come, Andy would've beaten Roger. Roger was on his heels the entire match and even after Roger beat him there was only a few points difference between them. I don't think Andy should have taken that match badly. Yes, it was a heartbreaker but the outcome of the match had most everything to do with luck being on Roger's side that day.

2005 was forgettable and boring. Andy didn't stand a chance from day one. He had been struggling all week, nearly got knocked out by that Braccilai &^%$ and then his semi-final with ToJo was held over for two days due to rain. Andy got screwed on their bad scheduling all week long. Roger, meanwhile, was perfectly rested and fresh for the final. Not surprising Roger won in straight sets in barely over an hour.

I enjoyed the Rafa-Roger final though. The first set was a gimmee, Rafa was obviously nervous and dropping the first set badly seems to happen to him a lot. After that he played better and better and took Roger the grass king to 2 TBs. I think that's amazing for someone who's specialty is claycourt and had previously not gotten past the third round of Wimbledon. Roger and Rafa are similar in that once they put their mind to something, they get very close to doing it. Roger desperately wants that RG title and Rafa, it seems, wants Wimbledon just as badly. A good match-up. :)

tennis lover
07-13-2006, 12:43 AM
But wasn't Roger talking about the 2004 match? Andy didn't play that well last year at all. It was 2004 where Andy really gave him a scare. I just don't buy that that's where his slump started because he played great summer of 2004, winning Indy, awesome match in the semis of Cincy against andre, finals of canada, and played awesome really awesome at the USO til that QF match there and hasn't played like that since. So, Roger's opinion doesn't convince me.
Maybe Roger was talking about the 2004 match but I meant last year. :p I thought he did play well in last year's final (maybe it's just because I was so excited to be there! :lol: ) and he would have beaten anybody else easily but he couldn't hurt Roger at all. I agree that the USO probably started it but I just think that the Wimbledon final was like the last nail in the coffin or something. Just my opinion. :)

Carito_90
07-13-2006, 01:02 AM
But wasn't Roger talking about the 2004 match? Andy didn't play that well last year at all. It was 2004 where Andy really gave him a scare. I just don't buy that that's where his slump started because he played great summer of 2004, winning Indy, awesome match in the semis of Cincy against andre, finals of canada, and played awesome really awesome at the USO til that QF match there and hasn't played like that since. So, Roger's opinion doesn't convince me.

I don't know, I'm just quoting what he said... I think it was probably where it all started - it may not have been a HUGE blow, but I'm sure it was big for him. He recovered, but losing in the USO was probably the biggest blow for him. I just don't think Andy lost that USO match just because. Something must've happened before so to make him get nervous and lose that last game. And maybe losing that final in Wimby had to do with it, in some way.

Roger played Andy 12 times, he know when he plays bad and well, and if he says he played one of his best matches ever, then it must've been damn good.

partygirl
07-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Andy has had a lot of blows.
:devil:

at this point i'm far more interested in the end than the beginning. :)

tennis lover
07-13-2006, 01:27 AM
at this point i'm far more interested in the end than the beginning. :)
:worship: Me too!

bavaria100
07-14-2006, 03:48 PM
FIRE IT UP!!!!!!!!! :D

Indystar has published an special insert about the RCA Championships:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060712/CUSTOMPUB49/60711028/-1/ZONES04

Andy Roddick
Best RCA Championships finish: 3 titles

The lakeside Austin, Texas, tennis neighbor of Lance Armstrong may rarely need any competitive inspiration. But if he does, Roddick can always receive counsel from the former American race king, who lives just a short cycle sprint away.

Roddick has made his own sporting history at the RCA Championships, winning titles back-to-back in 2003 and 2004. That first trophy success pointed the Midwest-born player toward a US Open title that season. The multiple Wimbledon finalist showed victory was no fluke, winning again in Indy the next year.

:confused: Hasn't Andy won the title twice? That must be a mistake unless he won the doubles competition at some point in his career. Anyways, good luck to him for the tourney. I think he'll be seeded second which gives him a good chance to make it into the final.

Deboogle!.
07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
:confused: Hasn't Andy won the title twice? That must be a mistake unless he won the doubles competition at some point in his career. Anyways, good luck to him for the tourney. I think he'll be seeded second which gives him a good chance to make it into the final.Yeah, twice. they got it right in the article but not that little oneliner at the top

snaillyyy
07-14-2006, 08:58 PM
ok so message on my voicemail from contact at Indianapolis, Andy will play Tuesday and Philippoussis got remaining WC. :)

Deboogle!.
07-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Flip? :rolleyes: Why is the USTA so willing to continue to be his food supply?

Golfnduck
07-14-2006, 09:05 PM
When will the draw be available for Indy?

snaillyyy
07-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Comes out tonight Jen

Golfnduck
07-14-2006, 09:27 PM
I really hope he gets a good draw.

tangerine_dream
07-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Steve Tignor previews Indy (http://www.tennis.com/blogs/thewrap/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=288):

Who will have more success, Andy Roddick or James Blake?

Just as Blake has turned himself into a consistent force, Roddick’s stature in the sport has at least temporarily been lowered. Blake is now ranked No. 6, while Roddick, at No 11, has fallen out of the Top 10 for the first time in three years. They’re both scheduled to kick off the hard-court season next week in Indy, where Roddick has won twice. I feel like Andy reached a low in his loss to Murray, a match where his weaknesses were exposed, and that he has few expectations for himself at the moment. This may help him go out and play more instinctively during his favorite part of the year (I have no reason for saying this; wishful thinking, I guess.). Blake will also be in his element through the summer; he could easily win two Open Series events, and will challenge at the Masters. But at the biggest tournaments, there’s still some question of the depth of his desire. As my friend Jon Levey says, Blake may have too much perspective at this point in his life to have the killer instinct that you need to make it all the way through a Slam. There are certainly worse problems to have.

Another U.S. player of note will be in Indy, as a couple commenters mentioned: Californian Sam Querrey, who took a wildcard into the event. Querrey, 18 and 6-foot-6, has made tremendous strides in the last two years. He decided to turn pro rather than go to USC this fall. The decision was apparently helped by a push from Roddick, who told him he had the game for the pros. He’s got a huge serve and a smooth, compact forehand for such a big guy, though I really don’t know if he’s Top 10 material (anyone else have an opinion?). He lost to Murray today in Newport 5 and 2, but if you’re wondering about the future of U.S. tennis in the wake of the Wimbledon debacle, he’s at least someone we can take a look at over the summer.

What happens to the Federer-Nadal rivalry now?

They’re both scheduled for August’s Toronto and Cincinnati Masters events, which they split last year, so you have to figure they’ll meet at least once before the U.S. Open. Nadal is 2-1 against Federer on hard courts, but Fed is the far more accomplished player on the surface—he was 50-1 on it last year. They’ve each won their home-court Slams; the hard-court season will make the perfect, neutral-field final leg for them in 2006. It also may lead to tight matches, but you have to like Federer. While they both have all-world forehands, Fed’s is more suited to hard courts. He uses less backswing, hits with less height and more depth, and leans into it, which enables him to control the middle of the court, which is the real key to hard-court tennis. And if anyone is going to struggle to reach the finals, it will be Nadal, who has a couple scores to settle with James Blake.

:lol: Get ready for the Fedfans to start jumping on the Blake bandwagon again this summer.

RogiFan88
07-14-2006, 09:41 PM
I sure hope Mr. Cheetos is eating truckloads of the stuff for his summer h/c assault.

[btw, I agree w Rogi when he said to Bud Collins that his toughest final was in 2004 vs. Mr. C because Bud was trying to get Rogi to say that this yr's final was the toughest and I don't think Rogi is "talking up" Mr. C to "talk down" Rafa at all. I think Rogi feels that Mr. C is better on grass than Rafa. Besides, Rogi and Mr. C have a mutual respect and fondness for each other!! ;) So cute!] When Mr. C took that first set, he was definitely playing well and I was quite worried for Rogi. ;)

Deboogle!.
07-14-2006, 09:45 PM
It took me several reads through that to realize who you meant by Mr. C :lol:

RogiFan88
07-14-2006, 09:47 PM
It took me several reads through that to realize who you meant by Mr. C :lol:

Well, you know, I am reluctant to use my pet name for him... [also, every time I see a duck, I think Mr. C... esp in that last Afflack ad!!] :p

Deboogle!.
07-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Well, you know, I am reluctant to use my pet name for him... [also, every time I see a duck, I think Mr. C... esp in that last Afflack ad!!] :p:lol: well the reason I wasn't sure is b/c you were also talking about bud Collins..with a C....ahahahah

tangerine_dream
07-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Here in the Andy forum we call him Andy.

Deboogle!.
07-14-2006, 10:30 PM
or "The Jerk"

Deboogle!.
07-14-2006, 10:48 PM
http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3801824&postcount=1

If Andy doesn't make the final, I give up.

Golfnduck
07-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I agree with you Deb, please make the finals Andy.

adee-gee
07-14-2006, 11:17 PM
http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3801824&postcount=1

If Andy doesn't make the final, I give up.
Ditto.

snaillyyy
07-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Ditto for me too.

snaillyyy
07-15-2006, 01:41 AM
:eek: Will I get to see Dean!!!!

In a bid to revive his fortunes, Thailand tennis ace Paradorn Srichaphan has hired Dean Goldfine as a part-time coach, commencing with the Indianapolis tournament next week.

Deboogle!.
07-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Paradorn?????? I thought Dean was coaching AMER???

Whateevvvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr. If Andy's playing Tuesday though, that means you can see Amerrrrrrrrr monday :)

snaillyyy
07-15-2006, 01:48 AM
I want to see Amer:D so I'm happy.

andyroxmysox12191
07-15-2006, 03:39 AM
I don't see the deal about Amer :sobbing:

Fee
07-15-2006, 04:55 AM
Flip didn't get a WC, he got a Special Exempt (he's playing Newport, so he can't be in Indy for qualies).

Dean can coach both Paradorn and Amer, if the 'part-time' bit in the Paradorn story is true.

Amer is lovely, that's the deal about him No photo does justice to the loveliness that he is person. :)

Justin will probably pull out, depending on his Newport results, so we could see a Blake-Safin match, that could be fun.

Andrew, get it in gear...

superpinkone37
07-15-2006, 08:12 PM
As much as I love James, it kills me to see him as the first seed...ahead of Andy.

tangerine_dream
07-15-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't see the deal about Amer :sobbing:
Don't worry MugglesMani, neither do I :lol: :hug:

Personally, I don't have a problem with James being the No. 1 US player. He deserves it, he's been playing better than Andy has. We all know that when Andy's confident and playing *his* game he would still be No. 1. The title is merely on loan. ;)

And besides, I don't mind watching Andy and James switch top and bottom positions. Variety is good. :aplot:

Deboogle!.
07-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't see the deal about Amer :sobbing:You haven't seen him in person :)

andyroxmysox12191
07-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Nor do I really want to Deb :p
Well I wouldn't mind, but I still wouldn't get the deal about him :lol:

Essy! *high five*

partygirl
07-15-2006, 09:48 PM
You haven't seen him in person :)
me either but i know what's up. ;) ;)

Deboogle!.
07-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Nor do I really want to Deb :p
Well I wouldn't mind, but I still wouldn't get the deal about him :lol:

Essy! *high five*You would get the loveliness if you were to see it in person :p

Caren
07-15-2006, 10:56 PM
I seriously hope Andy kicks some butt next week otherwise i might have to take me on a trip to the states and kick his butt!!! :o

PinkFeatherBoa
07-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I seriously hope Andy kicks some butt next week otherwise i might have to take me on a trip to the states and kick his butt!!! :o

I think I'll just get myself over there (just in case!).

If he screws up with this draw, I think I'd need to do something stronger than just kicking him.

Jlee
07-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I guess it pays to be the 2nd seed...he's got a much better draw than James!

snaillyyy
07-16-2006, 12:57 AM
So he is playing doubles as well, with Bobby Reynolds.

tennis lover
07-16-2006, 01:08 AM
As much as I love James, it kills me to see him as the first seed...ahead of Andy.
:sad: Me too. It kills me to see anyone as the top seed ahead of Andy. :rolleyes: Except Roger that is, I'm used to him being first seed in everything!

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 02:00 AM
So he is playing doubles as well, with Bobby Reynolds.so you might get to see him on Monday :)

snaillyyy
07-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Maybe:) though there is talk of staying for tuesday as well, but at this point I have no idea. Way to much back and forth between everyone, I finally told my friend, just tell me what days we will be there, I don't want to know the rest of the drama.:rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 02:15 AM
:lol: Good plan :) drama is just a waste of time and energy:p

snaillyyy
07-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Tell me about it :lol: difficult enough picking days, when 7 people are trying to coordinate their schedules, but now they are trying to second guess who will play what day, it is getting way to intense. Probably didnt help when I laughed at them all :lol: and told them pick a damn day! we already have fri-sun.

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 02:24 AM
oy if you try to plan your schedule around who will play at a smaller tourney, good LUCK. it's impossible to guess! like you said, whenever you go you will see almost everyone b/c those who aren't playing will practice, so tell them to stop worrying and just make up their minds :)

Iheartandy&roger
07-16-2006, 09:14 AM
For the love of fucking God please do something this tourney....I am so sick of seeing such a talented kid like Andy go down the toilet wake up and do something get that spark back at whatever cost.

snaillyyy
07-16-2006, 02:32 PM
At least he admits it is between the ears. Maybe Connors will have done some good this past week. Yet again it is going to be wait and see.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060716/SPORTS/607160474

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 03:09 PM
:yeah: (but not getting there til today????? :retard: )

Golfnduck
07-16-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm glad he is playing doubles. He needs more court time, I think that is part of the reason why he is struggling this year.

Jlee
07-16-2006, 05:38 PM
I hope Connors was able to do something for him...

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 05:40 PM
I hope Connors was able to do something for him...Well I am not getting my hopes up lol. Not getting to Indy til today certainly won't help his cause. Especially coming from CA where the weather and time zone are different :shrug:

Jlee
07-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Well I am not getting my hopes up lol. Not getting to Indy til today certainly won't help his cause. Especially coming from CA where the weather and time zone are different :shrug:

Yeah me neither...I always get burned when I do that in relation to Roddick lol. Yeah...good point. What is he thinking?

And didn't he say before that his brother being coach wasn't supposed to be temporary? Now it is?? :scratch:

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 06:07 PM
And didn't he say before that his brother being coach wasn't supposed to be temporary? Now it is?? :scratch:I think he meant that he wasn't going to rush out to find someone. His brother has said that he'd hang around as long as andy wanted, til he found someone to be a permanent coach. I don't think it was intended for John to be permanent, but also not just to fill in a couple weeks either. that's the impresion i got from various things they've said over the pats few months. I dunno.

partygirl
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
:yeah: (but not getting there til today????? :retard: )
Sometimes he never really shows up at all :sad:

what the hell?

I hope this is not the case, loser. :D

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 09:55 PM
So Andy's doubles is tomorrow night at 7pm CENTRAL. That's hilarious that his match is the featured match on Monday :lol: Suck for Coetzee who is on my tv in Newport right now.

ae wowww
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
So Andy's doubles is tomorrow night at 7pm CENTRAL. That's hilarious that his match is the featured match on Monday :lol: Suck for Coetzee who is on my tv in Newport right now.

Poor Jazzy :sad:

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Poor Jazzy :sad:Sucks for him but I'm sure Andy's desire to play his doubles match before his singles held more weight with the tourney ;)

Jlee
07-16-2006, 10:11 PM
I think he meant that he wasn't going to rush out to find someone. His brother has said that he'd hang around as long as andy wanted, til he found someone to be a permanent coach. I don't think it was intended for John to be permanent, but also not just to fill in a couple weeks either. that's the impresion i got from various things they've said over the pats few months. I dunno.

Oh I see. Okay, thanks :)

snaillyyy
07-16-2006, 10:18 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh this is priceless after all the drama yesterday!

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 10:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh this is priceless after all the drama yesterday! i knew andy was gonna play doubles on monday. he would probably not have signed up if they didn't promise him the match before his singles, otherwise there's not much point for him. did you guys ever get that drama worked out? :p

snaillyyy
07-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I stayed out of it:p and plans are the same as the original ones;)

Deboogle!.
07-16-2006, 11:00 PM
:yeah: sounds good :)

Fumus
07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I would like to be the first to welcome everyone....to....

THE SUMMER HARDCOURT SEASON!!

I hope this season is as fruitful for the Americans as last year. The turn around starts today! God I am sick of all this what does Andy have to do with his game talk, negative articles about Andy's game all the time....hopefully this season can end that, and Andy can start competing for gs titles again. Andy just needs to play more matches like he did against Mayer and he will surely be back to winning titles.

Fumus
07-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Looking at the draw...

Number 1 seed James Blake surely has the tougher half with Haas, Tursonov, Safin, and Gonzo lurking. Anyone one of those afore mentioned guys could take the title and certainly will be a challenge for James, requiring him to play top-notch tennis to get the victory and progress to the final.

Andy's side of the draw is relatively easy, although a tentative playing Andy Roddick can make a tough match out of any opponent he plays these days. If Andy plays well, he can surely build confidence against some of the lower ranked American guys he plays in his first two matches.

After those "easy" matches, Andy then has some scores to settle. Giles Muller lurks as a possible match up in the qfs. Muller defeated Andy at US Open last year booting Roddick from the grand slam tournament in the first round. If Andydoes beat Muller here it may not settle the score between them but it will surely be sweet revenge and a great confidence builder.

Andy then potentially plays defending Indianapolis champion Robby Ginepri. Robby ended Andy's run as champion at RCA last year in the quarter finals. Ginepri had never beaten Andy in 5 attempts before that win. Andy would surely like to set the record straight with Robby this time around. Ginepri hasn't been in good form this year but this event is where Robby found his form last year. The other likely semi-final match is against this year’s Indian Wells semi-finalist Paradorn Srichaphan. Roddick holds an impressive 7 to 1 head to head record against Srichaphan. Andy's last win coming over the Thai player on the grass at Queens club this year. This will be in the heads of both players should they meet, obviously that would be to Andy’s advantage.

Deboogle!.
07-17-2006, 03:24 PM
...that obliviously being to Andy’s advantage.Oh gosh, I love you :haha:

Fumus
07-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh gosh, I love you :haha:

obliviously...omg, damn you word auto-correct!! I have just been Debitized! :o

Fumus
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Atleast someone isn't oblivious. ;)

Caren
07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
As much as i love livescore :o i don't think i'll be able to stay awake until 1/2am tonight, especially as i'm not too fussed on having a heart attack over doubles....as much as i love the Bryans, doubles isn't worth the stress :angel:

tangerine_dream
07-17-2006, 04:43 PM
The start of the summer hardcourts begs the question: who will be Andy's Kiwi this summer? :p :)

New article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/16/AR2006071600860.html

For Roddick, It's Good to Be Home
By Liz Clarke
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, July 17, 2006

On the heels of a miserable showing at Wimbledon, Andy Roddick launches into the task of rehabilitating his ranking and reputation as one of the world's top tennis players this week, returning to his favorite surface and home country for the RCA Championships in Indianapolis.

The former world No. 1 tumbled out of the top 10 for the first time since 2002 after his third-round loss to Britain's Andy Murray at Wimbledon. He arrives at Indianapolis as the 11th-ranked player and second-best American, having been overtaken by sixth-ranked James Blake, the tournament's top seed.

The RCA Championships also mark the start of the 2006 U.S. Open Series, which links a six-week stretch of 10 North American hard-court tournaments with a goal of boosting interest in the game by making it easier for fans to follow through consistent TV coverage and raising the profile of tournaments by offering players financial incentives to compete.

Washington's Legg Mason Tennis Classic, July 31-Aug. 6, is among the series' participants and beneficiaries, boasting its most compelling lineup in years. The 48-player field includes Andre Agassi, who will retire in September; Roddick and Blake, last year's finalists; Australia's Lleyton Hewitt and Russia's Marat Safin.

Competitors in the U.S. Open Series collect points based on their performance at each event. The men's and women's series champion each receives $1 million, and the top three finishers are eligible for bonus prize money at the U.S. Open that could hike their payout at Flushing Meadows, N.Y., to $2.2 million.

New this year is the use of instant replay on all stadium court matches and a system of player challenges. Fans will be able to follow the resolution of disputed calls on video scoreboards. Each player will receive two challenges per set. If a player's challenge is upheld, he'll keep the same number of challenges. If he incorrectly disputes a call, however, he loses a challenge. The system, which relies on the Hawk-Eye technology featured on TV broadcasts, will make its Grand Slam debut at this year's U.S. Open.

Women's action in the U.S. Open Series gets under way July 24 in Stanford, Calif. Former No. 1 Lindsay Davenport pulled out Saturday after anticipating a return to competition after suffering a back injury in March.

Quote of the Day: "As long as I don't lose three, it's OK." -- Federer, asked whether he was disappointed to lose a set Sunday, his first of the tournament.

Deboogle!.
07-17-2006, 05:07 PM
As much as i love livescore :o i don't think i'll be able to stay awake until 1/2am tonight, especially as i'm not too fussed on having a heart attack over doubles....as much as i love the Bryans, doubles isn't worth the stress :angel:nah he's just using the doubles for matchplay, no need to worry at all :) sleep is mucho more important :lol:

Caren
07-17-2006, 05:35 PM
nah he's just using the doubles for matchplay, no need to worry at all :) sleep is mucho more important :lol:

:lol: Yup, i'm a really bad insomniac at the best of times...i actually think i might get a good nights sleep tonight :o so i shall just find out the result when i rise in the morning lol

But...GOOD LUCK ANDY/BOBBY are we calling them 'Bandy' or 'A..obby' :help: :scratch:

Nevermind :wavey:

Fumus
07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
On the heels of a miserable showing at Wimbledon, Andy Roddick launches into the task of rehabilitating his ranking and reputation as one of the world's top tennis players this week, returning to his favorite surface and home country for the RCA Championships in Indianapolis.

I am sorry grass is Andy's favorite surface. If not for a rain delay in 04', and Roger the other two years, Andy would have won wimbly three times. Andy took his only chance to win the USO. I just love how they hype everything by saying blank is Andy's favorite surface. Well accept clay..hahaha..

blosson
07-17-2006, 08:25 PM
God I am sick of all this what does Andy have to do with his game talk, negative articles about Andy's game all the time....

Me too. The whole world knows what Andy has to do with his game by now. LOL

surfpinky
07-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Well accept clay..hahaha..
:secret: except

J. Corwin
07-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Heh, I'm still not used to seeing James seeded ahead of Andy. :awww:

rofe
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
I am actually quite excited about the summer HC season and Andy's participation in it. Maybe it is because I don't have very high expectations anymore. I think the fact that the press has pretty much written him off will work well for him.

Blake as the #1 seed does seem strange but he has earned it.

Good luck Andy and James at Indy.

Deboogle!.
07-17-2006, 11:13 PM
so andy will play (most likely delic, since Delgado was in CA playing WTT last night :o) the last match tomorrow after doubles, which starts at 7.

is Indy eastern time? I remember something funky with them last year lol

partygirl
07-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh Andy vs. Amer ...now that i would really love to watch.

:sad:but of course i won't be able.:mad:
i hope photog's are interested enough to pic take.

Furiously leftout.

maybe Amer can beat Z Andy too and use the old springboard roddick.
-i did'nt. :o :o , no.

Winston's Human
07-17-2006, 11:29 PM
so andy will play (most likely delic, since Delgado was in CA playing WTT last night :o) the last match tomorrow after doubles, which starts at 7.

is Indy eastern time? I remember something funky with them last year lol

Indianapolis is EST.

They used to due weird stuff with daylight savings time (since Indiana is split between two time zones). Now, all of Indiana uses daylight savings time.

Deboogle!.
07-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Indianapolis is EST.

They used to due weird stuff with daylight savings time (since Indiana is split between two time zones). Now, all of Indiana uses daylight savings time.Thanks! :yeah:

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 01:25 AM
hehe, bobby and andy won 6-4 6-4 :)

revolution
07-18-2006, 01:29 AM
go Andy.. he ought to win and besides he'll pick me up a TT point if he does. :p

tangerine_dream
07-18-2006, 03:06 AM
Hey! Did you guys hear the news? Andy won a match. :woohoo:

am&a
07-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Hey! Did you guys hear the news? Andy won a match. :woohoo:it must be cold in hell... |:

renee_chin
07-18-2006, 03:29 AM
No, no - Andy won half a match. Bobby won the other half :p

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Amer lost :rolleyes: Andy will play Ramon Delgado

partygirl
07-18-2006, 04:19 AM
still the same for me.:p
-too bad for tall slim sexy though. :angel:

Regenbogen
07-18-2006, 05:14 AM
But...GOOD LUCK ANDY/BOBBY are we calling them 'Bandy' or 'A..obby' :help: :scratch:

Nevermind :wavey:
:lol: I really want to see Andy play doubles, I never have and I just can't really picture it

mangoes
07-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Hi:wavey:

Just popping overhere to wish Andy lots of luck this week. I think he has a very nice draw and so I feel very good about his chances this week.........:D

Jlee
07-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Bandy? Aobby? LOL

Let's go Bandy! haha

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 05:45 AM
|:

By HANK LOWENKRON, AP Sports Writer 30 minutes ago

Andy Roddick made a rare doubles appearance Monday night in the RCA Championships as he tries to turn around a disappointing season.

Roddick, who has fallen out of the top 10 in the ATP Tour singles rankings after failing to reach a championship final this year, teamed with Bobby Reynolds to beat Jeff Coetzee and Dominik Hrbaty 6-4, 6-4 in a first-round match.

The Americans were teammates for the first time ever and didn't even practice or warm up together before the match.

"I wanted to get some work in," said Roddick, a two-time RCA champion who is seeded second in the singles draw. "I've been sitting around doing nothing for two weeks."

He'll play a second-round singles match Tuesday night against Ramon Delgado of Paraguay, a 4-6, 6-2, 7-6 (5) winner over Amer Delic.

"It was good to get out there and get used to center court," Roddick said. "It certainly is not going to hurt, getting out there and trying to hit some returns and try to get a little gauge to what serves are working."

Also Monday, Thailand's Danai Udomchoke beat Tomas Cakl of the Czech Republic 6-2, 6-2 to set up a second-round match against top-seeded James Blake.

Other first-round winners included Jeff Morrison and Sam Querrey, a wild- card entry who at 18 has become the youngest player from the United States ranked in the top 200. Morrison beat Mexico's Santiago Gonzalez 6-2, 6-2, and Querrey topped Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-4.

Jlee
07-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Sitting around doing nothing Andy? At least tell us you were working to get it going this summer!

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Sitting around doing nothing Andy? At least tell us you were working to get it going this summer!Then he would've been lying |:

Jlee
07-18-2006, 06:06 AM
Then he would've been lying |:

Ouch, lol. Well he practiced with Jimbo, he wasn't doing nothing! haha

partygirl
07-18-2006, 06:15 AM
"I've been sitting around doing nothing for two weeks."

= Cheeto

snaillyyy
07-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Andy definitely had fun on court tonight, started out with a 141mph serve and actually had some really sweet fh return winners. Bobby Reynolds birthday today, so Andy thought it would be nice to have everyone sing happy bithday, and he would lead :haha: :haha: very cute but oh he soooo cannot sing!!!!

blosson
07-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Andy is still wearing white.

partygirl
07-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Andy is still wearing white.
:haha:BRIGHT.

I would only excuse it because all of the United States seems to be on fire -heat wise.:rolleyes::fiery:

Golfnduck
07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Andy definitely had fun on court tonight, started out with a 141mph serve and actually had some really sweet fh return winners. Bobby Reynolds birthday today, so Andy thought it would be nice to have everyone sing happy bithday, and he would lead :haha: :haha: very cute but oh he soooo cannot sing!!!!
I'm glad he had fun. Hopefully Andy will have fun on court today. I'd also like to see him wear something other than white.

Fumus
07-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Woot woot, Andy has yet to talk about his work with Jimmy in a post match interview...so hopefully he will do that after a win 2nite (fingers crossed for a good match and a good win)

Caren
07-18-2006, 02:32 PM
:eek: ANDY WON HALF A MATCH :worship:

which will probably be outweighed by a dreadful lose tonight, if not i will eat those words :wavey: (not literally but ya get me ;))

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
As for the white, I mean, he had to match his partner :shrug:

Caren
07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
As for the white, I mean, he had to match his partner :shrug:

Or it could have been Bobby decided to wear all white to match Andy because he knew what a monotonous jerk he was gonna play with...i mean come on,

Andy colour is ok, colour is your friend, embrace the colour :wavey:

Fumus
07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
At night color is your friend, durning the day....color is not your friend....speaking from experience, in warm weather white is easiest to play in.

Besdies guys, Lacoste gives Andy the clothes, he just wears it. Complain to Lacoste, they tell him what to wear durning his matches. Now if he had some red shorts like Grosjean, that would be sumtin.

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 03:05 PM
I notice that lots of doubles teams will wear white, though, probably b/c it's the easiest to match :) If Andy were to wear a blue shirt or something, Nike might not have one the same. in the Newport final on Sunday, both teams wore white too :p Anyway, this has a bit of a longer quote where the doing nothing bit is concerned
=====================
rca championships
Roddick works out kinks in win
By Mark Ambrogi
July 18, 2006

It wasn't the shorter format that enticed Andy Roddick to play doubles in Indianapolis. It was his shorter stay at Wimbledon.
"I wanted to get some work in," Roddick said. "I've been sitting around doing nothing for two weeks, or at least not playing tournaments. It was good to get out there and get used to (Stadium Court), too."

Roddick and Bobby Reynolds beat the fourth-seeded team of Dominik Hrbaty and Jeff Coetzee 6-4, 6-4 before an estimated crowd of 4,500 Monday night. Roddick ended the match with an ace.

"We served well, so we were never really in trouble," said Roddick, who led the crowd in singing "Happy Birthday" to Reynolds after the match.

Roddick, the No. 2 singles seed, plays tonight against Ramon Delgado, who edged Amer Delic 4-6, 6-2, 7-6 (7-5) in the late match.
Prior to Roddick's three previous Indianapolis appearances, he had played deep into the Wimbledon draw, reaching the semifinals in 2003 and final in 2004 and 2005. He lost in the third round this summer.

The ATP Tour this season is using a shorter doubles format with no ad scoring, meaning a doubles team doesn't need to win a game by two points. If the teams split the first two sets, a tiebreaker is played to determine the winner.

This is the first time Roddick and Reynolds have played together. They had never even practiced together. Roddick called Reynolds last week and asked him if he wanted to play.

Roddick played in two previous doubles tournaments this year, partnering with Robby Ginepri.

Fumus
07-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Andy's best outfit ever....

http://andrea.livelifedigital.com/AndyRoddick/pictures/usopen021.jpg

Spikey Hair...check
Visor...check
Blue Shirt...check
Red Shorts...check
Fire in his eyes, crazy ambition and will to suceed...priceless!
In soo many ways the 2002 US Summer hardcourt outfit was better.

Caren
07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Yup

partygirl
07-18-2006, 07:20 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94034 as looooong as were talking exterior here, this looks downright foolish.

That dog ass ugly lycra irratates me, i can't explain it...no I don't have to wear it
-but I'm not into nonsense.
now not only are they black under white but they are longer than his outer wear???
get a F-ing clue, please.

...the wall is waiting A & I push :devil:

surfpinky
07-18-2006, 07:28 PM
larah, sorry, but, I am a deputy of the law of grammar, and I must do my job. d:

as looooong as were talking exterior here
we're.

That dog ass ugly lycra irratates me
irritates.

partygirl
07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
wear something other than white.
"Whiteboy" :p

partygirl
07-18-2006, 07:36 PM
larah, sorry, but, I am a deputy of the law of grammar, and I must do my job. d:

we're.

irritates.

i had a feeling about irritates, just not enough time to look it up.

It's my own fault :p I'm corrected & appricative....
i hope you realize how distracting this is going to be to original posts DEPUTY :angel:
about as such as the original mistakes :p

its really not fair until we have spell check. :rolleyes:some of us are just stupid and now you have been warned. ;)

surfpinky
07-18-2006, 07:49 PM
larah :bigcry:
I must do my job again :bigcry:

It's my own fault :p I'm corrected & appricative...

appreciative.

its really not fair until we have spell check.
it's.

:smooch:
and you're not stupid :smooch:

Golfnduck
07-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Andy's best outfit ever....

http://andrea.livelifedigital.com/AndyRoddick/pictures/usopen021.jpg

Spikey Hair...check
Visor...check
Blue Shirt...check
Red Shorts...check
Fire in his eyes, crazy ambition and will to suceed...priceless!
In soo many ways the 2002 US Summer hardcourt outfit was better.
I agree with you, I absolutely love this outfit :hearts: :yeah:

partygirl
07-18-2006, 07:54 PM
:ras: i will only post smileys.:D

Phunkadelicious
07-18-2006, 07:57 PM
:D

blosson
07-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Will Andy be wearing white tonight? It must be left over from Wimbledon.

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 09:03 PM
probably he will be - he was wearing it
before wimbledon too lol

partygirl
07-18-2006, 09:15 PM
This appeared to be bright white without that color trimhttp://www.freesmileys.org/emo/rolleyes006.gif...i like the plain version.
classic i guess.

snaillyyy
07-18-2006, 11:10 PM
All four players were in white, but thankfully the black lycra wasn't noticable unless he stretched. It was very hot and humid even when the sun went down, so maybe that contributed to the all white. The only one I saw that didn't wear mostly white was Delic, and he changed his shirt at least 6 times :lol:

blosson
07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks Lacoste for bleaching all Andy's gear!

surfpinky
07-18-2006, 11:46 PM
All four players were in white, but thankfully the black lycra wasn't noticable unless he stretched. It was very hot and humid even when the sun went down, so maybe that contributed to the all white. The only one I saw that didn't wear mostly white was Delic, and he changed his shirt at least 6 times :lol:
that must have been lovely :hearts:

Deboogle!.
07-18-2006, 11:47 PM
that must have been lovely :hearts:That's Amer! Always lovely!

PinkFeatherBoa
07-18-2006, 11:55 PM
The Amer and the shirt change. OMG the bopperish thoughts are flooding every orifice in my body.

Damn he's "hawt."

snaillyyy
07-18-2006, 11:57 PM
That's Amer! Always lovely!

He could have gone without the shirt all night;)

snaillyyy
07-19-2006, 12:02 AM
"Maybe ballet if all this tennis stuff doesnt work out"

Bagelicious
07-19-2006, 12:10 AM
The Amer and the shirt change. OMG the bopperish thoughts are flooding every orifice in my body.

Damn he's "hawt."

Mmmm, that's a pretty pic. Delic must be short for Delicious!

partygirl
07-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Mmmm, Delic must be short for Delicious!
It is!

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 03:34 AM
so andy won 6-3 6-2 and plays doubles tomorrow night at 7
===========

Spreen Says

July 18th, 2006 03:18 pm

Here in Indianapolis Andy will play his first singles match on Tuesday night. After a lot of hard work over the past 2 weeks, Andy is ready to play some matches. The big thing here right now in Indy is the heat. It has been in the 90’s and very humid. It really can be tough conditions to play tennis in. However that is the way it is for much of the summer. Indianapolis, Washington DC, Toronto, and Cincinnati all can be very hot. It becomes very important for the players and for Andy to do a couple of things to try and deal with these tough conditions.

First is hydration. It is very, very important to drink fluids and lot of fluids. Andy will pretty much live with a water bottle all day. It is important to just drink through out the day and the night before a match. If you wait to drink until right before or during a match it will be too little too late. It is also important to make sure that you get some extra rest because the body will take a little bit more of a beating playing in the heat. Playing one match in the heat can be tough but what you really have to worry about is the cumulative effect of play 3,4, or more days in very hot and humid conditions. It can be tough to recover day after day playing in the heat and most often we see guys have heat problems after playing several days in a row on the heat. Because of this, recovery from one match to another is very important.

tangerine_dream
07-19-2006, 03:39 AM
Finally, a decent second-round scoreline. :yeah: No dropped sets, no TBs, no struggling to hold or break serve. Now keep it up, Andy. Be consistent. Don't crap out. :mad:

snaillyyy
07-19-2006, 03:42 AM
Andy and a win in the same sentence, I like it :D:D:p

rofe
07-19-2006, 03:54 AM
Andy and a win in the same sentence, I like it :D:D:p

Amen to that.

alexito
07-19-2006, 04:25 AM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1043/arindy02bvq2.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2917/arindy03bds9.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8800/arindy04bhg7.jpg

surfpinky
07-19-2006, 04:34 AM
pics!

Golfnduck
07-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Good win Andy :yeah: From what I've read, it seems like a pretty routine win. Now please keep this momentum up Andy.

Honalulu78
07-19-2006, 06:54 AM
nice to see him win
and thanks for those pics - he looks hot in blue
makes a change from white hehe

partygirl
07-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Andy reads MTF. :D

acoffeygirl
07-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Oh my gosh....doth my eyes betray me? Do I see color on the boy? I very much approve!!!

Iheartandy&roger
07-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Way to go on the win Andy. It's about time now let's take the tourney. :woohoo:

blosson
07-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Woa, he's not wearing white! :eek:
Good win. He better reach the final with that draw...

partygirl
07-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Woa, he's not wearing white! :eek:

because,
Andy reads MTF. :D

warmy
07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
...about LA... ummm, where exactly is the tournament located? I'm just.... uh, curious. :o

warmy
07-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh, and who's going to Cincinnati?

Golfnduck
07-19-2006, 01:32 PM
WhataQT posted this in the GM. I thought I would post some of it here.

Slumping Star Roddick Starts Strong at RCAs
Outside of Top 10, He's Looking for Needed Results
AP Sports
INDIANAPOLIS (July 18) - Andy Roddick won his first singles match since losing in the third round of Wimbledon, beating Paraguay's Ramon Delgado 6-3, 6-2 on Tuesday night in the second round of the RCA Championships.

Roddick, the 2003 and 2004 RCA winner, is looking for his first tournament victory of the season. He's 27-12 this year and has slipped to 11th in the world rankings.

After the loss at Wimbledon, the second-seeded Roddick worked to turn his season around, including a week of lessons from Jimmy Connors.

"Jimmy had some real good ideas, which I think I'll keep to myself. The workouts were fun. They were intense," Roddick said. "I was a lot more prepared this time. I'm more physically and mentally ready for this than I have been in some time."

Fumus
07-19-2006, 02:50 PM
So Andy has worked with Connors.

I think the practice went something like this....

"Andy with that sort of serve, why in the world would you wanna play like alittle pussy bitch from the baseline?" - Jimmy

"Umm..dunno...Brad...say...consistancy...opponent error....ummmm..." - Andy

"Well, here's an idea Andy, why don't you fucking hit the ball on your return games!" - Jimmy

Later...after Andy's win...

"Jimmy had some real good ideas, which I think I'll keep to myself. The workouts were fun. They were intense," Roddick said.

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 03:21 PM
...about LA... ummm, where exactly is the tournament located? I'm just.... uh, curious. :oit's on UCLA's campus

superpinkone37
07-19-2006, 03:23 PM
DEBDEBDEBDEBDBEBDEB OMG. I have something to tell you. msn for like one minute?

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 03:25 PM
okay

Fumus
07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94034 as looooong as were talking exterior here, this looks downright foolish.

That dog ass ugly lycra irratates me, i can't explain it...no I don't have to wear it
-but I'm not into nonsense.
now not only are they black under white but they are longer than his outer wear???
get a F-ing clue, please.

...the wall is waiting A & I push :devil:

Is Andy sponsered by UA now too? :confused:

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Is Andy sponsered by UA now too? :confused:no, but I doubt Lacoste makes shorts like that lol

Fumus
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
no, but I doubt Lacoste makes shorts like that lol

Yea, but do you think he pays for those shorts? ;)

surfpinky
07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I think he steals them.

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Yea, but do you think he pays for those shorts? ;)I don't know, and I really honestly don't care lol.

surfpinky
07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
hello! he stole them

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
i love you nat

surfpinky
07-19-2006, 04:15 PM
i love you too deb [:

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 04:17 PM
have to go to work now talk to you later :)

my new toy is out on the truck to be delivered today! :yippee:!!

Fumus
07-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't know, and I really honestly don't care lol.

GGarrrraarrr!! Secret dealings! :mad:

haha...yea I don't care either. Micro-fibre shorts or none, I would like Andy to just play well and win some titles.

surfpinky
07-19-2006, 04:19 PM
have to go to work now talk to you later :)

my new toy is out on the truck to be delivered today! :yippee:!!
):
but
:yippee:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phunkadelicious
07-19-2006, 04:23 PM
it's on UCLA's campus
Should I bring my passport?http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5798/0116lx.gif

Deboogle!.
07-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Should I bring my passport?http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5798/0116lx.gif:haha: :haha: :haha:

tangerine_dream
07-19-2006, 05:48 PM
:spit: :rolls: Classic Andy :cool:

Roddick's last word

Roddick thanked the crowd for its support after he beat Ramon Delgado in the night session.

"Except for that one guy up there, the rest of you are OK," he said, pointing with his racket toward the stands.

One fan in the South stands kept yelling, "Go, Delgado."

Roddick was asked by the court announcer if he had anything to say to that fan.

Roddick delighted the crowd by saying, "Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah." :nerner:

:haha:

Caren
07-19-2006, 06:15 PM
:bounce: :bolt: :bowdown: :yeah: :woohoo:

OMFG ANDY WON :eek: :hug:

WOOT WOOT!!!

partygirl
07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I think he steals them.
shameful, however possession was obtained. :tape::boxing: :there is no vomit smiley:

tennisrocks123
07-19-2006, 07:59 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2917/arindy03bds9.jpg

It's nice to see Andy's little pecker pop out ever since he's worn those awful compression shorts

acoffeygirl
07-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Larah...where did the pic in your av come from? I can't remember seeing it before.

partygirl
07-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Larah...where did the pic in your av come from? I can't remember seeing it before.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3785479&postcount=946

It's nice to see Andy's little pecker pop out ever since he's worn those awful compression shorts
:spit::haha:
Some say he has a Vagina. :angel:

Jimmy Connors does attitude adjustments & sex changes now.:yeah::cool:

acoffeygirl
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Ahhhh Thanks...I figured it was probably something I missed while I was gone.

tangerine_dream
07-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Welcome back Amber :D :wavey: We missed you! :hug:

acoffeygirl
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks...I missed everyone here too!

tennis lover
07-19-2006, 11:26 PM
:yippee: Andy won! :dance: It was so nice to wake up this morning and see a positive headline! :D And he wore colour! :eek: A good day all round! ;)

snaillyyy
07-20-2006, 01:58 AM
I will still take the win, even if it is doubles (64 63) ;):p

partygirl
07-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Hot stuff. :)

tangerine_dream
07-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Andy and Bobby won their second doubles match. :cool:

I swear, Tennis Warehouse is just a Warehouse of Tools these days. People over there are already crediting Jimmy Connors for Andy's win(s). :o Give me a break, he's won *one* match (2 if you count the doubles). I'm happy that he seems to be winning easily right now but I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable letdown. I'll happily change my mind when Andy beats a tough opponent or two and wins a title. :p

But seriously, if we think Andy's slump is bad, just look at Marat. He actually lost to some qualifier named Whitehouse today, winning only five games! :eek: Horrible.

Deboogle!.
07-20-2006, 02:21 AM
WTF is he doing LMAO

snaillyyy
07-20-2006, 02:26 AM
WTF is he doing LMAO

:lol: The headline said it was a reaction to a missed point.

Edit: Andy is the first night match tomorrow (7pm EST)

tangerine_dream
07-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Edit: Andy is the first night match tomorrow (7pm EST)
:haha: When was the last time Andy played a morning or early afternoon session? Even Federer was reduced to playing at 11:00am during the USO last year. :devil:

Andy's a victim of his own popularity. People pay big bucks to see him play live, even when he's sucking. :p

snaillyyy
07-20-2006, 02:49 AM
:lol: Yea Tangy. The stands had to be more than 3/4 full on monday night for his doubles match, but then more than half of those left after it was over.:p

partygirl
07-20-2006, 02:57 AM
Thank God for the Ca$h Cow.

Golfnduck
07-20-2006, 03:13 AM
Good win for Andy and Bobby :yeah:
Please beat Morrison tomorrow Andy.

snaillyyy
07-20-2006, 03:20 AM
Pics:D:D

acoffeygirl
07-20-2006, 03:24 AM
Thanks for all the pics!!

Deboogle!.
07-20-2006, 03:36 AM
John posted a couple updates? Were they posted? I dunno
============
Andy and Bobby Into Semis
July 19th, 2006 07:54 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

Andy teamed with Bobby Reynolds to to move on to the semis of the doubles. They were able to break Tripp Phillips in both sets. They kept constant pressure on Huss and Phillips by making most of their returns. Bobby still has not faced a break point this week.

==========================

Great Start
July 19th, 2006 12:45 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

Andy got off to a great start in Indy. He did a great job of taking balls early and finishing at the net. He kept constant pressure on Delgado, and forced him into a lot of errors. Andy is looking forward to a match with Jeff Morrison. Morrison has looked sharp in the 1st 2 rounds, only dropping 8 games total.

Fumus
07-20-2006, 03:41 AM
WTF is he doing LMAO

I think he's listening to Tangy...getting ready for the gyno visit.

surfpinky
07-20-2006, 03:46 AM
|X