Mal: Philippoussis, Ferrero, Nalbandian, Federer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mal: Philippoussis, Ferrero, Nalbandian, Federer

J. Corwin
01-25-2004, 09:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/aus04/news/story?id=1717756

His picks for the bottom half.

gmak
01-25-2004, 10:21 AM
well not much room for an upset...

i think david and mark will win easily.
we'll see how roger and lleyton goes and i think JCF will have a tight match with andrei pavel!

WyverN
01-25-2004, 10:29 AM
he said Federer, Nalby and Andre are the only ones not to lose a set this far :rolleyes:

decent picks but I don't think Federer in 5 is a option. There are 2 ways that match can go imo, either Federer plays well all the way through and wins 3-0 or he is playing loosely and Hewitt pulls out a nailbiter

azza
01-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Scud :)

Scotso
01-25-2004, 12:31 PM
I think Ferrero may have some trouble with Pavel and I disagree that Federer will beat Lleyton, but that may be my personal bias.

J. Corwin
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
he said Federer, Nalby and Andre are the only ones not to lose a set this far :rolleyes:

Mal sure has his facts messed up sometimes.

Havok
01-25-2004, 07:19 PM
seriously Mal:yawn: get facts right sometimes

Fedex
01-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Clearly, Scotso, it is biased to think Hewitt will beat Federer with no obvious reason ;)

Leo
01-25-2004, 07:33 PM
well not much room for an upset...

i think david and mark will win easily.
we'll see how roger and lleyton goes and i think JCF will have a tight match with andrei pavel!

I agree. None of Mal's predictions are real stretches of the imagination. The big one that's up in the air is definitely Federer/Hewitt. Nalbandian should win easily, while Mark will probably win (although I think it could be a tough 4 or 5-set battle), and Ferrero should win, although I guess it's possibly that he lose to the resurgent Pavel.

Tennis Fool
01-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Naldo, you sure yawn a lot.

Chloe le Bopper
01-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Clearly, Scotso, it is biased to think Hewitt will beat Federer with no obvious reason ;)
There are a number of reasons why Hewitt could beat Fed. Anybody who's been paying attention the last couple years would know what those reasons are :)

Scotso
01-25-2004, 08:46 PM
yeah like their head-to-head

Fedex
01-25-2004, 08:59 PM
ONLY if Federer mentally colapses like DC! In all there matches Federer hasnt even played close to Wimbledon form If He plays like that in this match it'll be an easy win for Fed. ;) Lleyton dosnt have any weapons to trouble Fed, except mental toughness, but everyone knows Federer choked so badly against Potato at DC. 2 pts away from winning and he blew it. That's a serious choke

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Potato is the least talented player to ever step on a tennis court :p

star
01-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Oh, this is making me want Lleyton to win even more than I already did. :)

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Time for the Potato to get fried!! :ras:

star
01-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Plenty time for him to get fried after he lifts the trophy. :)

star
01-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Potato is the least talented player to ever step on a tennis court :p

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Anyone for mashed potatoes??? :D

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Time for the Potato to get fried!! :ras:

Yep, by Andy in the final ;)

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Why exactly is that amusing, star. Its the truth!

star
01-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Why exactly is that amusing, star. Its the truth!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Didn't you have to do those phonics exercises in like 2nd grade where you had to differentiate between "fact" and "opinion"?

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Well star, youre beyond me!! But i know what i'm talking about when i said that Hewitt is the least talented player! TheBoiledEgg among others could tell you that!!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Ok
Fact: You are an asshole
Fact: Star needs to calm down and take a few breaths. To think otherwise of what i said about Lleyton, she's clearly on crack!!

Chloe le Bopper
01-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Okay. Fedex, you are being a TOOL.

Anybody intelligent who wants to debate this, I'm happy to join in and take a "pro Hewitt" stance ;)

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 09:35 PM
I'll bite :) I think Lleyton has a good chance. His "desire" so-to-speak is part of why he wins so I think how he does will depend on how badly he wants it.

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:37 PM
No, it depends al on Federer actually. Feds genious will still over do Hewitt's willingness!

MisterQ
01-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Consistency, patience and court sense are perhaps the two least "spectacular" qualities in a tennis player, but they work. And Hewitt possesses them in abundance. Couple that with great speed and you have a very dangerous player.

Of course, he could lose miserably tomorrow. Hard to predict. But untalented? no way

Leo
01-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Re. Bunk: Well, Hewitt definitely wants it. Whenever he walks on a tennis court, he always seems hungry for a win. Unfortunately for tennis, some of that hunger was missing from his game last summer, but it's back now, as is his form. Much better serving and passing from the Aussie now than was displayed during his mid-year slump in '03.

Leo
01-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Consistency, patience and court sense are perhaps the two least "spectacular" qualities in a tennis player, but they work. And Hewitt possesses them in abundance. Couple that with great speed and you have a very dangerous player.

Of course, he could lose miserably tomorrow. Hard to predict. But untalented? no way

A+ work. :clap2:

Ma. Estefania
01-25-2004, 09:45 PM
First time since the beginning of the AO that I wish his predictions could become true.....

But it's hard, David's match against Cañas is a very tough one, you never know what's gonna happen when players like them play each other, David's the fave, and Cañas seems to be more tired, but he's on fire....and that worries me.

About Ferrero, I'd not be that sure, Pavel is tough too.....

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Well, he's certainly not filled with talent. Federer is also very fast, maybe not quite so, becuase he's not like 6-1, not like Lleyton's 5-6 stature! Federer is going to not give Hewitt anything. He'll be going for the lines, take the pace off to give him nothing to hit, coming to net to destroy Hewitt. Like Dirk said in the Federer forum its embarrasing that he keeps losing in the 4th Rd.at slams, and losing to players like Hewitt. He, with his ability, should be able to steamroll these types. I can understand a little bit more with having trouble with All Court players like himself, but not guys like Potato!

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Re. Bunk: Well, Hewitt definitely wants it. Whenever he walks on a tennis court, he always seems hungry for a win. Unfortunately for tennis, some of that hunger was missing from his game last summer, but it's back now, as is his form. Much better serving and passing from the Aussie now than was displayed during his mid-year slump in '03.

Definitely. I think his desire should be pretty high, it's Ausralia Day, and he wants to get to his home Slam's QF for the first time. I think he'll pull out all the stops. Now that's not to say it will be enough to actually win. but I just do not see a three-set clobbering by Roger.

Fedex
01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
But, he nearly did it at DC. he just needs to stay focused until the last point is over. Then he'll win for sure!

Leo
01-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Well, he's certainly not filled with talent. Federer is also very fast, maybe not quite so, becuase he's not like 6-1, not like Lleyton's 5-6 stature! Federer is going to not give Hewitt anything. He'll be going for the lines, take the pace off to give him nothing to hit, coming to net to destroy Hewitt. Like Dirk said in the Federer forum its embarrasing that he keeps losing in the 4th Rd.at slams, and losing to players like Hewitt. He, with his ability, should be able to steamroll these types. I can understand a little bit more with having trouble with All Court players like himself, but not guys like Potato!

Actually it makes perfect sense. Guys like Hewitt and Nalbandian can easily counter Federer's weapons (i.e. serve, volleys, baseline power). Federer's game does not match up well against this type of consistent counter-puncher and I think for him to get past Hewitt and Nalbandian in consecutive matches, he'll need to use a new strategy than he has generally implemented in the past against these two. He'll also need to stay concentrated and focused for a long period of time, which is not easy for him. Remember after he won the first set from David in the US Open, he almost wrote off his opponent too quickly, becoming overly nonchalant and carefree, and therefore allowing David to take control of the match.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I agree, Fedex, with all of Roger's talent, he should be steamrolling all over most of his opponents. However, he hasn't. The opponents whom he should steamroll over, are ones who have the best record over him. He hasn't quite learned how to play Hewitt or Nalbandian, to even beat them on a regular basis.
To the casual observer, Hewitt and Nalbandian seem like pushovers, with their size and average serves. But they protect their service games well. In addition, they construct points very well too. Neither player gives any ground to any of their opponents, and both will go down swinging. So, I expect Fed to have a hell of a fight on his hands with both of them.

federerfan7465
01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Well, it looks like play should be beginning about now. The good matches start in an hour, but i think some doubles play is beginning or juinors. Chanda rubin plays in an hour!! Holy shit I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :zzz:

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
lol federerfan don't fall out of your chair!!!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Please dont compare the horrible Potato to David! Youre completly wrong. The 1 with the most weapons is the one that should be steamrolling. Which is why Sampras won alot, and also he was a mental giant, which i hope Federer will become! He's got so many weapons, can play ANY style of play whether it was Serving & Volleying at Wimbly or staying back like he did at the TMC!! Players that can also do that, which Potato dosnt possess nearly enough talent to do so, are the ONLY types he should be having touble with!!

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Fedex, the play the same style of scrappy, counter-punching tennis. That's sort of hard to deny lol

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:08 PM
And that's the truth, bunk....
Fedex, Hewitt and Nalbi have a similar game, and have been successful in executing it against Federer. You can't deny that.

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I was talking about Federer. HE can play any style!!

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:10 PM
He can, but it is not effective against Hewitt and Nalbi. It seems like they know he's not confident in playing baseline tennis, and can exploit that weakness every time.

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Oh youre talking about David then. Yes, but there are SIGNIFIGENT differences. 1. Nalbandian hits MUCH Harder
2. Nalbandian has a WAY better bh.
3. Nalbandian has way better volleys!!!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh and 4. Nalbandian is a much nicer person on the court, then that annoying jackass!!

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:13 PM
I totally agree, Fedex, I do. That's why I have issues with the thread "Federer will kill Hewitt and Nabaldian (yes, the person who started this thread spelled NALBANDIAN wrong)". He has a losing record against each of them, and neither has nothing to lose against Fed.

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Oh youre talking about David then. Yes, but there are SIGNIFIGENT differences. 1. Nalbandian hits MUCH Harder

Ok fine, but they still play with the same style.

Leo
01-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Please dont compare the horrible Potato to David! Youre completly wrong. The 1 with the most weapons is the one that should be steamrolling. Which is why Sampras won alot, and also he was a mental giant, which i hope Federer will become! He's got so many weapons, can play ANY style of play whether it was Serving & Volleying at Wimbly or staying back like he did at the TMC!! Players that can also do that, which Potato dosnt possess nearly enough talent to do so, are the ONLY types he should be having touble with!!

There are definitely some differences in their games, but Hewitt and Nalbandian do play a similar style and have the same returning ability (especially in getting back tough 1st serves), side-to-side movement, passing ability, determination, and focus which can worry Federer.

Edit, re: serve-and-volleyers: I disagree with the statement that player swith an attacking style are always more in control of a match. And it's definitely not the case on a slow surface like rebound ace.

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 10:16 PM
that's true too Leo.... they have a similar sense of determination as well. I didn't even think of that.

Scotso
Nalbandian has better volleys?

Is that why Lleyton spanked him in the wimbledon final?

sigmagirl91
Let's see, players who also do that CURRENTLY? Ummm.....I don't think anyone in the top 10 do. The ones who Roger has the easiest time with are the ones with the booming serves, ala Roddick and Philippoussis.

Ma. Estefania
Oh and 4. Nalbandian is a much nicer person on the court, then that annoying jackass!!

Agree. :p

star
01-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Well star, youre beyond me!! But i know what i'm talking about when i said that Hewitt is the least talented player! TheBoiledEgg among others could tell you that!!

Oh my god!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

And I am trying ever so hard to catch my breath, but when I read hilarious posts like these it's nearly impossible.

Fedex, you are a hoot. Oh my god. I'm wiping tears from my eyes.

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Well, i see star hasnt recovered :p

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Welll, scotso, to Nalbi's credit, his ability to make it to the Wimbledon final ON HIS FIRST VISIT is impressive-an accomplishment that hasn't been recorded before or since. Also, Nalbi was two years younger, and less experienced in grand slams.
Now, while Hewitt is engaged in a trifling-ass feud with the ATP, the other players have gone out and improved their games, and could now beat him with the same ease that he used to beat them.

star
01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, it looks like play should be beginning about now. The good matches start in an hour, but i think some doubles play is beginning or juinors. Chanda rubin plays in an hour!! Holy shit I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :zzz:

Ok. That was funny!!!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Actually Roger should be more confident in playing baseline tennis with them. After all he is easily one of the best baseliners, as well as volleyers. I think that might be the key to beating them. That's what he did at TMC, he would hardly S&V off a 1st serve. That tactic worked, so it he should use it.

Leo

True, that is one of the differences between them. Nalbandian has a major baseline weapon (the backhand), while Hewitt doesn't seem to prefer one groundstroke from the other. Nalbandian also plays with heavier spins and more finesse from the baseline than does Hewitt, who hits a flat ball. But I give Hewitt the slgith edge at net (I think all his experience in doubles helps in that department), and I also think he is more consistent from the baseline. Hewitt is definitely stronger mentally than Nalbandian, in terms of closing out leads.

Murkofan
Considering his size and the style of game he plays, Ll wouldn't have accomplished a tenth of what he has if he didn't have talent.

Leo
01-25-2004, 10:22 PM

True, Hewitt is much more irritating. Nalbandian is very fiesty as well, but he at least doesn't fist pump when an opponent double-faults. :rolleyes:

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:23 PM
As long as he's not quick to dismiss his opponents, or get discouraged when the points are not going his way.
No matter how much talent he has, if his mental state keeps waffling back and forth, he will not win-plain and simple. He should learn from Andre and Pete how to keep your composure when the match IS NOT going your way.

Sjengster
01-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Fedex's complacency about Federer steamrolling Hewitt is mind-boggingly stupid - and I'm saying that as someone who wants Federer to win 100%. Yes, you're right, Federer will destroy him by coming into the net, because Hewitt clearly has no idea what to do when his opponents are up there... Federer is the definite underdog for me in this match and the next, and he's got to think like that to take the pressure off himself and play freely. All I can say is, if Hewitt claws out a win tomorrow which is the most likely result, don't be surprised when people start laughing you off this board.

star
01-25-2004, 10:24 PM
There are definitely some differences in their games, but Hewitt and Nalbandian do play a similar style and have the same returning ability (especially in getting back tough 1st serves), side-to-side movement, passing ability, determination, and focus which can worry Federer.

Edit, re: serve-and-volleyers: I disagree with the statement that player swith an attacking style are always more in control of a match. And it's definitely not the case on a slow surface like rebound ace.

Excellent point, Leo.

All you have to do is look at Borg playing most serve and volley player. Borg was solidly in control of the matches. He wasn't merely reacting to the net attacker.

And that was as true for grass as it was for clay.

Leo
01-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Nalbandian has better volleys?

Is that why Lleyton spanked him in the wimbledon final?

Did either play volley once in that match? :eek: ;)

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh come on Scotso, that Wimbly final means ABSOULTY nothing!!! He still has better volleys than Potato. Hewitt didnt win wimbledon Serving & Volleying like Federer did. He just waited for an inexperienced David to make errors. I'm sure it is David who would spank Lleyton now!!!

Leo
01-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Considering his size and the style of game he plays, Ll wouldn't have accomplished a tenth of what he has if he didn't have talent.

Is that Michelle Wie in your avatar, Lusty? That girl is :worship:

Sjengster
01-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Did either play volley once in that match? :eek: ;)

There were volleys played during the match, but it was the first Wimbledon final in history where neither player serve-volleyed once. Not surprising, Nalbandian's serve is far too weak for him to come in behind it regularly and Hewitt finds it easier to cut people up from the baseline.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:28 PM
fedex, well spoken.

I just know now that Nalbi can beat Hewitt now.

LOL@Leo.

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Oh come on Scotso, that Wimbly final means ABSOULTY nothing!!!

Do you think before you speak?

the Wimby final Fed won meant something though, I imagine? :rolleyes:

Fedex
Sjengster is just upset because he got demolished by Andy again :rolleyes:

sigmagirl91
Well, I just believe that Fed has got to assert himself in his match with Hewitt from jump; otherwise, he will lose.

Murkofan
01-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Is that Michelle Wie in your avatar, Lusty? That girl is :worship:

Yes it is, and she is indeed :worship: worthy.

Ma. Estefania
01-25-2004, 10:30 PM
True, Hewitt is much more irritating. Nalbandian is very fiesty as well, but he at least doesn't fist pump when an opponent double-faults. :rolleyes:

I agree once again. I know David is a guy who likes to celebrate his good points just as Hewitt but not to that sort of extreme point of having almost no respect for the rival....but well, everyone has its own style I guess.

star
01-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Fedex's complacency about Federer steamrolling Hewitt is mind-boggingly stupid - and I'm saying that as someone who wants Federer to win 100%. Yes, you're right, Federer will destroy him by coming into the net, because Hewitt clearly has no idea what to do when his opponents are up there... Federer is the definite underdog for me in this match and the next, and he's got to think like that to take the pressure off himself and play freely. All I can say is, if Hewitt claws out a win tomorrow which is the most likely result, don't be surprised when people start laughing you off this board.

Sjengster, quite seriously, I do believe the match could be a one-sided win for Federer, and I will be disappointed if that is the case. I want a blood on the court match like I have seen these two produce before.

I think they are both great champions worthy of respect and I hope they give us a terrific match. I want it to be a match where there is no shame in defeat and great honor in winning. Naturally, I want Lleyton to win, but all I ask is that each of them plays with intensity and desire.

Fedex
I meant Bunk, that Wimbly final meant nothing as to who has better volley skills. I wasnt talking about the Fed wimbledon Final

star
I agree once again. I know David is a guy who likes to celebrate his good points just as Hewitt but not to that sort of extreme point of having almost no respect for the rival....but well, everyone has its own style I guess.

I guess this is all in the eye of the observer.

:)

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:32 PM
uh, bunk, he was talking about HEWITT. Please read the thread.

Sjengster
01-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Sjengster is just upset because he got demolished by Andy again :rolleyes:

What? Surprising though it may seem to you, just because I like Schalken doesn't mean I expected him to suddenly upset Roddick on a surface that he doesn't even have a good record on. This has absolutely no bearing on that match, anyone who knows a thing about tennis can see that Hewitt has the game to trouble Federer and is the undoubted favourite tomorrow. It's Australia Day for heaven's sakes, do you think he's going to go down comfortably?

star
01-25-2004, 10:33 PM

:kiss:

faboozadoo15
01-25-2004, 10:34 PM
that's absolutely ridiculous whenever i see him do that. he didn't just fist pump (oh no) he did his "come oooooon" yell that is sooooo dated. good thing he can learn from kim. she has more class than he and his entire family and then multiplied together a few times.

Deboogle!.
uh, bunk, he was talking about HEWITT. Please read the thread.

Yes, I know, I read fine thank you. he said that Hewitt's Wimbledon final meant nothing. And I disagree with that.

Fedex
No one can trouble Federer if he plays great. Especially with a dull, non agressive style like that. To really trouble Federer, you'd need to be a serve-volleyer with the volleys of Edberg!!

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:35 PM
I don't think he was trying to diminish Hewitt's win; he was trying to diminish Nalbandian's abilities that got him to that final.

Leo
01-25-2004, 10:36 PM
There were volleys played during the match, but it was the first Wimbledon final in history where neither player serve-volleyed once. Not surprising, Nalbandian's serve is far too weak for him to come in behind it regularly and Hewitt finds it easier to cut people up from the baseline.

After watching Nalbandian strategically rip players apart last summer/fall, I wouldn't call Nalbandian's serve weak at all. If I'm not mistaken, he has about as much pace as an Agassi, Hewitt, or Ferrero. But, more importantly, he's mastered placement on the serves, as well as variety. His serve has become effective in setting up the point for himself at the baseline. I think it's an underrated part of his game. Unforutnately, he still has the tendency of double-faulting too much in a match.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Eh, fedex, even Edberg had opponents that vexed him. Can anyone say Wilander?

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:37 PM
I know faboozadoo15, Hewitt knows the only way to beat an opponent is if his opponent gives him free points like that!!! Making a big deal over 1 point!!!

Sjengster
01-25-2004, 10:38 PM
No one can trouble Federer if he plays great. Especially with a dull, non agressive style like that. To really trouble Federer, you'd need to be a serve-volleyer with the volleys of Edberg!!

Daft. Federer has lost plenty of matches where he's played well but his opponent has proved the stronger - a couple of matches against Henman spring to mind. And it's rather simplistic to say that Hewitt's style is completely defensive, I have a feeling he'll be going for a few of his shots more in the rallies to stop Federer dictating against him all the time. Federer will have to be prepared to do some running himself.

star
Leo, I think you are right, but that doesn't detract from Sjengster's point that Nalbandian doesn't have a strong enough serve to come in behind.

star
Eh, fedex, even Edberg had opponents that vexed him. Can anyone say Wilander?

lol....... can anyone say Mecir.

:D

Fedex
I stated that thats about how good you'd have to be to give Federer real problems ;)

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:39 PM
LOL@fedex and fab.

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't think he was trying to diminish Hewitt's win; he was trying to diminish Nalbandian's abilities that got him to that final.

OH I'm sorry I was mistaken as to who he was trashing :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
01-25-2004, 10:40 PM
hewitt does have game though... u MUST give him some credit... he's just an unlikable guy, imo. pretty talented, and he will still win a lot of matches. but not against federer. federer needs to play poorly to lose to lleyton-- maybe that's what u mean. but lleyton still has a potent return, and pretty good serve for a guy his size, not to mention his retrieval skills. but federer has way too much when he's on.

Sjengster
After watching Nalbandian strategically rip players apart last summer/fall, I wouldn't call Nalbandian's serve weak at all. If I'm not mistaken, he has about as much pace as an Agassi, Hewitt, or Ferrero. But, more importantly, he's mastered placement on the serves, as well as variety. His serve has become effective in setting up the point for himself at the baseline. I think it's an underrated part of his game. Unforutnately, he still has the tendency of double-faulting too much in a match.

I can't say that his serve was the major factor in the matches I saw him win last summer... not a great technique, a poor ace to double fault ratio, Kucera-like decceleration on the second serve - he had improved it significantly in the Masters Cup it seemed, but it went back to being inexplicably lousy against Federer like the rest of his game that day.

sigmagirl91
All the Swedes had trouble with him, hence the nickname "Swede Killer". Surprisingly, as much trouble as Mecir gave him and the other Swedes, he was the only Swede who emerged from their H2H with a winning record of 7-4.

Leo
01-25-2004, 10:41 PM
The fighting on this board has completely switched from Safin vs. Roddick to Federer vs. Hewitt. I find that funny. :lol:

And you guys are posting way too fast; I'm struggling to keep up!

star
01-25-2004, 10:41 PM
It's one thing not to like the guy, and it is another to actually believe that he isn't talented.

That's just :haha:

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:42 PM
If someone is saying i'm trashing David then they must really be :retard: I agree with you again faboozadoo15. Its tough to get others, like them, though!

faboozadoo15
LOL@fedex and fab.
are u agreeing and laughing at the same time, or do u sdisagree that it's really inappropriate to fist pump and yell "come oooon" when an opponent DOUBLE FAULTS???
i didn't think what i said was funny at all, and i bet 99% of the people would agree with me that it is indeed entirely inappropriate.

im not one of the ppl bashing hewitt's game...

star
All the Swedes had trouble with him, hence the nickname "Swede Killer". Surprisingly, as much trouble as Mecir gave him and the other Swedes, he was the only Swede who emerged from their H2H with a winning record of 7-4.

Yes, I know. :)

That's why I posted his name. :)

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Leo, that thread is the next one over. Your post may have dropped in here by accident. It happens sometimes.....

Sjengster
01-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Leo, expect both sets of confrontations to intensify given the imminent match-ups between these two pairs at the Australian Open... go headcase Europeans!

star
01-25-2004, 10:45 PM
poor Argentines.... No horrible argument between Canas and Nalbandian fans. :)

sigmagirl91
are u agreeing and laughing at the same time, or do u sdisagree that it's really inappropriate to fist pump and yell "come oooon" when an opponent DOUBLE FAULTS???
i didn't think what i said was funny at all, and i bet 99% of the people would agree with me that it is indeed entirely inappropriate.

im not one of the ppl bashing hewitt's game...

I'm agreeing with you and laughing at the same time, especially when you mention how he should be like Kim, who has more class than he and his entire family. Which I think is true. Really and truly, Hewitt needs some lessons on on-court etiquette. His behavior is really crass and rude. Should we all bitch-slap this boy or not?

Fedex
Where has RR gone?? Havent seen him in a while

Scotso
01-25-2004, 10:46 PM
At least Lleyton's penis is bigger.

TennisLurker
01-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Arguing here will leads us nowhere, because if Federer wins, Fedex was right, and if Hewitt wins, federer didnt play his best, and Fedex is right again.

This is just stupid.

And I really want Federer to win this match.

Sjengster
01-25-2004, 10:47 PM
poor Argentines.... No horrible argument between Canas and Nalbandian fans. :)

Nah, we have to save that for Coria and Gaudio fans. In fact, Coria and any other Argentine seem to be a recipe for controversy, they're all united in their dislike for him at times.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Fedex, he and mrp went to get their mojo back. LOL!!!!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:48 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Wasnt aware we were talking about penises Scotso.

Sjengster
Arguing here will leads us nowhere, because if Federer wins, Fedex was right, and if Hewitt wins, federer didnt play his best, and Fedex is right again.

This is just stupid.

I agree on the second point, Lurker. Only time will tell - and Federer had better find a way through. I don't care if he plays sublimely or blasts Hewitt off court, I want him to get a W on the board somehow.

Not quite as illuminating as Scotso's point above, though. ;)

star
Nah, we have to save that for Coria and Gaudio fans. In fact, Coria and any other Argentine seem to be a recipe for controversy, they're all united in their dislike for him at times.

Who is they?

That's certainly not true of the fans of South American players. And I was talking about the fans.

sigmagirl91

How do you know. Maybe all who think that should ask Kim; she would know. Personally, I think that his thingy is rather small and unimpressive. :awww:

Scotso
01-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Then you haven't seen many of his matches, sigma.

Penises are far more important than the bullshit most people here are talking about. If it weren't for penises, neither Lleyton nor Roger would exist.

star

This is just stupid.

That is so true. All of her posts have that big IF in them. So, all she has to do when Federer loses is to say he didn't play his best.

This SO reminds me of a WTA fan base. ;)

Sjengster
Who is they?

That's certainly not true of the fans of South American players. And I was talking about the fans.

T'other Argentine players. Apart from Gaudio in Hamburg, there was definite tension with Zabaleta at RG and I have heard of an incident between Coria and Acasuso's coach at a tournament a couple of years back in Buenos Aires. I admit, on here, I have only seen a dispute between one Coria fan and one Gaudio fan, but it counted.

sigmagirl91
Who is they?

Apparently, so was he. We don't want anymore after-match brawls and chair-throwing incidents. Could you imagine the newspaper fodder that would be?

faboozadoo15
01-25-2004, 10:51 PM
purely speculation :lol:
federer's much taller and has bigger feet and hands, and nose... so this debate wouldn't last very long. :haha:

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:51 PM
lol. Does kim's site have an "Ask Kim" page. If it does why dont you Scotso, go ask that question
:haha: :haha: :haha:

star
01-25-2004, 10:52 PM

Penises are far more important than the bullshit most people here are talking about. If it weren't for penises, neither Lleyton nor Roger would exist.

You are cracking me up! :D

Leo
That is so true. All of her posts have that big IF in them. So, all she has to do when Federer loses is to say he didn't play his best.

This SO reminds me of a WTA fan base. ;)

I wonder which one you could be talking about?! :unsure: :scratch:

LOL @ Scottie. He makes a good point. :lol:

Sjengster
Well, about a year back the size of Hewitt's manhood was the dominant topic of conversation on GM, with pictoral evidence to back it up... things haven't improved much in a year in that regard, to be honest.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:53 PM

I've seen enough Hewitt matches to know he has a penis, but I don't think he has one big enough to knock out the power in NY, OK. Again, if you want an inquiry about Lleyton's size, ask Kim. BTW, that last statement is a moot point, so I'm not going to touch it.

star
01-25-2004, 10:53 PM
T'other Argentine players. Apart from Gaudio in Hamburg, there was definite tension with Zabaleta at RG and I have heard of an incident between Coria and Acasuso's coach at a tournament a couple of years back in Buenos Aires. I admit, on here, I have only seen a dispute between one Coria fan and one Gaudio fan, but it counted.

Correct. And that's what I was talking about. Sorry to give you an opening to trash sweet Gui once again. ;)

star
01-25-2004, 10:54 PM
I've seen enough Hewitt matches to know he has a penis, but I don't think he has one big enough to knock out the power in NY, OK. Again, if you want an inquiry about Lleyton's size, ask Kim. BTW, that last statement is a moot point, so I'm not going to touch it.

Touch it?????????????????

TennisLurker
01-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Coria has a bad reputation.

star
Apparently, so was he. We don't want anymore after-match brawls and chair-throwing incidents. Could you imagine the newspaper fodder that would be?

No he wasn't. He was talking about the players as I knew exactly from when I posted the question.

We've been around this block before. :)

Scotso
Since when does having a grossly oversized nose mean that your penis is large? Never heard that one before.

As for tennis players' feet... yuck, I'm not going there.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:56 PM
lol. Does kim's site have an "Ask Kim" page. If it does why dont you Scotso, go ask that question
:haha: :haha: :haha:

I think he/she is searching for that page right now. :haha:

Fedex
01-25-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry, but rarely do i talk about the size of players manhood. By Hewitt's small stature, id say his thingy is just as unimpressive :D

Scotso
01-25-2004, 10:57 PM

:lol:

Yes, please!

star
Well, about a year back the size of Hewitt's manhood was the dominant topic of conversation on GM, with pictoral evidence to back it up... things haven't improved much in a year in that regard, to be honest.

It's even been mentioned by the commentators at the 2002 masters cup!

:D

Leo

Oh, I thought you meant Gaudio was hated by his countrymen. I like his game, but Gaston seems like the disagreeable type. It actually surprises me that a rift exists between Coria and his countrymen. But, thinking back, he does seem to socialize more with the Spaniards (i.e. Moya, Ferrero, Robredo) than his fellow Argentines.

Scotso
01-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah Fedex because you're so far above such discussions :rolleyes:

You're just sad because no one would let you see their penis.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 10:58 PM

The last statement that scottie made, not his dick. EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! No, thank you...

star
01-25-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry, but rarely do i talk about the size of players manhood. By Hewitt's small stature, id say his thingy is just as unimpressive :D

If you think that all men who are tall have big penises and all men who are Lleyton's size have small penises, you haven't been around much. :)

Big things do come in small packages...... to paraphrase. ;)

star
01-25-2004, 10:59 PM
The last statement that scottie made, not his dick. EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! No, thank you...

:haha:

star
01-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah..... and quite disappointing things come in big packages too. :)

Fedex
01-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Star did you just say "touch it"?? *puking* I thought you of all people would say that! :lol: :lol:

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 11:01 PM
If you think that all men who are tall have big penises and all men who are Lleyton's size have small penises, you haven't been around much. :)

Big things do come in small packages...... to paraphrase. ;)

The only thing "big" on Lleyton is his mouth.

Scotso
sigma, Leo may call me Scottie, but you will address me as Dr. Scotso.

TennisLurker
Oonce Coria was playing in a little tournament in Rosario against Acasuso.
Tthe ex-coach of Coria was working for Acasuso, and Coria felt that he was giving advices to Acasuso on how he had to play against him.

So, after a very heated match, he argues with his ex-coach and they start to fight, Agustin Calleri has to go to separate Coria from his ex-coach and someone steps on his feet, Agustin gets injured and he has to pull out of the tournament.

Coria is an evil brat!!! and Gaudio will destroy him!!

Scotso
And that's only because I'm still trying to get in Leo's pants.

star
No, I didn't?

I said "Touch it???????????"

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Dr. Scotso, OMG!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Ma. Estefania
01-25-2004, 11:04 PM
after-match brawls and chair-throwing incidents. Could you imagine the newspaper fodder that would be?

Oh....that made me remember those images of a tie between Argentina and Chile a couple of years or more ago, in which Chilean fans threw even the chairs to the Argentines. There was no Coria or Nalbandian yet, only Zabaleta, Arnold, and others who I think used to hang out good.....and for Chile were Massú and Ríos. :angel:

MisterQ
01-25-2004, 11:05 PM

:haha:

I guess you have a point. Hard to argue with that one! :lol:

Deboogle!.
I go to dinner for 20 minutes and miss all the fun!!!!

Fedex
Uggggg. This is quickly, but surely turning into a porn conversation. Next thing you know there will be pictures of bulges on here :lol: :lol: Is monicaselesfan around?? :rolls:

star
The only thing "big" on Lleyton is his mouth.

You know this????

And does Kim know that you know.

Do tell more.... we want DETAILS! :)

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Oonce Coria was playing in a little tournament in Rosario against Acasuso.
Tthe ex-coach of Coria was working for Acasuso, and Coria felt that he was giving advices to Acasuso on how he had to play against him.

So, after a very heated match, he argues with his ex-coach and they start to fight, Agustin Calleri has to go to separate Coria from his ex-coach and someone steps on his feet, Agustin gets injured and he has to pull out of the tournament.

OK, we will be looking for that thrashing to take place soon in a tennis venue near you. Afterward, there will be an after-match beating involving all Argentine players, coaches, and family members. Sounds like the love is thick all around....

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 11:07 PM
You know this????

And does Kim know that you know.

Do tell more.... we want DETAILS! :)

I think the whole world knows, and if Kim doesn't, oh well.....

MisterQ
01-25-2004, 11:07 PM
I've seen enough Hewitt matches to know he has a penis, but I don't think he has one big enough to knock out the power in NY, OK.

And all this time I've been cursing Lleyton for wrecking everything in my freezer! :haha:

Leo
01-25-2004, 11:09 PM
And that's only because I'm still trying to get in Leo's pants.

I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed. :D

star
The whole world has seen Lleyton's penis?

hmmmmm

Well from evidence posted here, I would say you are oh so very wrong.

But interesting that you would want to denigrate Lleyton in anyway you can.

Fedex
:haha: :haha: :haha: :lol:

star

And now we are going to start talking about YOUR penis?????

sigmagirl91
LOL!!!!!

star
01-25-2004, 11:10 PM
And all this time I've been cursing Lleyton for wrecking everything in my freezer! :haha:

OH MY GOD!!!!

:haha: :haha:

I laughed out loud on that one!!!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Look, the thread "whats lleyton keeping in his pants has been bumped" :lol: :lol:

Leo

Yesssss!!!!! :bounce:

sigmagirl91
Well, star, apparently, everyone on the "which player has the biggest dick" has commented greatly on his big, generous one. So, from this point forward, we can refer to Lleyton as "his bigness"....

Deboogle!.
01-25-2004, 11:12 PM
QQQQ!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I did too star LOL

my friends are going to start coming from next door and across the hall and want to know what I'm doing in here lol

star
Yes yes yes...

That would be GOOD.. :)

Scotso

Don't tease me!

star
01-25-2004, 11:13 PM
QQQQ!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I did too star LOL

my friends are going to start coming from next door and across the hall and want to know what I'm doing in here lol

Q is very good about getting the "biggest" laugh!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 11:14 PM
And to think just 5 minutes ago we were arguing about Hewitt vs. Federer, now were talking about are own penises. :lol:

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 11:15 PM
OK, Ferrero, Fed, and Nalbi. Big or little?

star
01-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Let's just say they are all ENORMOUS

:)

Scotso
Ferrero = skinny and long.

Fed = short and fat.

Nalbi = ?? and HAIRY.

Fedex
Yeah, perfect idea star :)

Fedex
01-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Fed=Short & fat
ugghhhh. Nalby Hairy?? :lol: :lol:

TennisLurker
01-25-2004, 11:26 PM
oh, god, disgusting images got inside my mind.

*tries to think of some landscape*

Fedex
01-25-2004, 11:28 PM
:lol:

MisterQ
01-25-2004, 11:29 PM
oh, god, disgusting images got inside my mind.

*tries to think of some landscape*

A landscape with lots of tall thick trees and round rocky boulders!

Fedex
01-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Oh god youre killin me :haha: :haha:

faboozadoo15
01-25-2004, 11:37 PM
i missed a lot, didn't i. damn you dinner!

Leo
01-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Don't tease me!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's not great, actually ... More like spectacular. I'm not sure you could handle it all. ;)

So, I'm curious, Scottie. Is Sampras as well-equipped as many say? :p

J. Corwin
01-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Well this thread took an interesting turn.

As for Fed v. Hewitt, I want Hewitt to win even more now. That's all I'm gonna say. ;)

undomiele
01-26-2004, 05:13 AM
I wonder who Nalbandian would rather meet up with? He has scores to settle with both of those players.