JMG and World Team Tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

JMG and World Team Tennis

Fee
07-07-2006, 06:07 AM
He's back! Jan-Mike played his first WTT match tonight for Houston. He played one singles match and one doubles match, he won both of them. I've written more information for the blog entry at his Myspace page, so you can click on the link in my signature. The blog is set to public, so you should be able to read it even if you are not a MySpace member, but let me know if you can't and I will post it here.

:yippee:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
07-07-2006, 07:09 AM
why does WTT scoring only go to 5? :confused:

Fee
07-07-2006, 07:26 AM
To keep the matches short. The games are scored 1-2-3-4 with no ad scoring. To be honest, I'm not really sure how it works because I've never been to one. I'm going to see Pete play next week, hopefully I'll figure it out there. There's probably some type of info on the WTT website...

bavaria100
07-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Jan-Mike is back? That's great news! I've really missed him on the tour.

Fee
07-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Yes, he's back. He's going to play team tennis to get some matches for the rest of the month, then get back in to tournaments if his shoulder holds up. I spoke to him for a little bit last night and he sounds so damn happy to be playing again. He said he really did miss it, and he is totally focused on tennis. I could hear it in his voice, his joy and his passion, it was so awesome to hear. He is determined, and if he can stay strong and healthy, his ranking will climb back up once he gets back into tournaments. I have complete faith in him. :)

Deboogle!.
07-08-2006, 05:00 AM
:yippee:

bavaria100
07-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Yes, he's back. He's going to play team tennis to get some matches for the rest of the month, then get back in to tournaments if his shoulder holds up. I spoke to him for a little bit last night and he sounds so damn happy to be playing again. He said he really did miss it, and he is totally focused on tennis. I could hear it in his voice, his joy and his passion, it was so awesome to hear. He is determined, and if he can stay strong and healthy, his ranking will climb back up once he gets back into tournaments. I have complete faith in him. :)

That's great! :) I really hope he stays healthy. He's too good of a player to be ranked outside the Top 200. He should be at least ranked inside the Top 60. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him!

ae wowww
07-09-2006, 09:51 PM
JMG's back :D And badder than ever before! I am so hoping that WTT continues to go as well as it started, and that this will line up for a return to the tour. I don't want to get ahead of things, but it is so nice to have him healthy and enjoying himself again. GO Wranglers!

Saturn66
07-21-2006, 06:06 AM
good to hear that he's back.

Fee
07-28-2006, 05:28 AM
For those of you in the US with the Outdoor Life Network, Jan-Mike will be on TV this weekend. 1 pm Pacific/4 pm Eastern on Saturday (vs Philly, he only played Doubles) and 1 pm Pacific/4 pm Eastern on Sunday (this will be his match against Sampras). Enjoy. :)