What's with the facazz??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Foosimoo
09-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Congrats on 1,000 posts in this thread. :D

Haute
09-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks. :D

Did anyone see this on The Daily Show? :rolls: http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-rBc9jxG1U

Bagelicious
09-15-2006, 12:58 AM
:inlove: with Jon Stewart.

Haute
09-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Evening Joan :wavey:

I should know this, but what time is The Daily Show on at night? :o 11?

Edit: I think I found the problem, I haven't been listening to the right music. But now I've remembered I have pissed of Canadians and Britishes (how exactly do you make British plural?) to help me through. Now I'm just ready to kill someone...this is good, means I'm moving on in the stages. :lol:

Haute
09-15-2006, 03:09 AM
Joan, I'm failing so far at this. :sad: I'm screwed for my exams tomorrow.

And in an unrelated issue, turns out that the priest at our church who was always trying to get me to go into the seminary last year (and thus became the reason why I stopped going to church), is actually a racist. My mom teaches at the school there, and someone had vandalized the playground. There was this quote from the priest, and it was a horrible thing he said. Even talked about wanting to take vengeance against the people for disturbing, "the white oasis in a black neighborhood." :rolleyes:

I knew there was something more to him that was disturbing me!

Lee
09-16-2006, 12:12 AM
And in an unrelated issue, turns out that the priest at our church who was always trying to get me to go into the seminary last year (and thus became the reason why I stopped going to church), is actually a racist. My mom teaches at the school there, and someone had vandalized the playground. There was this quote from the priest, and it was a horrible thing he said. Even talked about wanting to take vengeance against the people for disturbing, "the white oasis in a black neighborhood." :rolleyes:

I knew there was something more to him that was disturbing me!

:tape: *sigh*

Randy, I hope he's not the reason you turn away from your church. He is a priest but he's not a saint and he's definitely not perfect. I understand you want to stay away from him but he's not the reason people going to church.

Haute
09-18-2006, 01:43 AM
It's not just him, but what he's representative of. I'm very much turned off by the Catholic Church in the last few years, and he's just symbolic of the church's ultra conversativism and hyprocrisy. And me being a liberal, the church's views on a lot of social issues don't go over well for me.

So I had a pretty crappy day at work today. I had forgotten how to do returns/exchanges, so my manager got mad at me and kicked me off the registers and back unto the floor. And then just as we were closing we had this woman come, and I tried telling her that we were closing and asked if she needed help finding anything, otherwise she'd had to come back tomorrow if she wanted to browse. I don't know if maybe it sounded like when I was in a bad mood when I was saying this, but she snapped back a few comments. I thought maybe I had sounded rude and started to apologize, but before I could she said, "Well then, you can just shut up." I was ready to punch her in the face for that... I don't think I had been rude to her, but for her to tell me to shut up while trying to help her out... :fiery:

I guess I've been lucky to have been working there this long before encountering a rude customer. What I would have given to just hit her in the face, just so I could get a lot of my frustrations out.

Lee
09-18-2006, 01:53 AM
:hug: Randy

Haute
09-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Lee :hug: I thought working would help to get away from problems, but instead it just created more.

I need a vacation from life already.

Lee
09-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Lee :hug: I thought working would help to get away from problems, but instead it just created more.

I need a vacation from life already.

We all know facing a problem is the only way to solve it. :hug:

There are always bad days in work. So don't take it too personally. Everyone makes mistakes and I believe your manager will recover. You are new as a cashier and return/exchange is a lot more complicated. And for rude customers, as I said before, even I was not in retail business, I ran into extremely rude customer. Just tell yourself, being mad with those people is below yourself ;)

Lee
09-18-2006, 02:08 AM
:wavey: Have to feed my boys, bye!

May be we can talk about Roman Catholic Church later :lol:

Haute
09-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Have a good night, Lee. :wavey:

The customer today was just the icing on the cake, I haven't been having a good week...well, weeks, actually. I wish I could get away some place where I don't have to worry about school, work, and people in general for awhile.

Haute
09-18-2006, 04:32 AM
I hope you didn't think I meant you, Lee, when I said people in general. :hug:

I have been trying to figure out why certain people act out in the way they do and trying to make sense of it is causing me to lose my sanity, dignity, and question my own self-worth. Baise. This is what I get for not sticking to my own rules.

Lee
09-18-2006, 04:36 PM
I hope you didn't think I meant you, Lee, when I said people in general. :hug:

Never think about it :angel:

I have been trying to figure out why certain people act out in the way they do and trying to make sense of it is causing me to lose my sanity, dignity, and question my own self-worth. Baise. This is what I get for not sticking to my own rules.

read my siggy?

I don't think we can ever figure out why certain people act out and sometimes they hurt others without really intent to or knowing. I don't really know what created your problem.

Look at your words again. You probably said it unconsciously "causing me " to lose my sanity, dignity and question my own self-worth. It's not easy but don't "allow" those people hurt you. :hug:

I know it's easier said than done. I am still hurting from what my hubby's brother said and I don't have anyone to talk to. See, my hubby is the person I talk to when I am hurt, depress, etc but since the culprit is his brother, I can't talk to him how terrible were his brother's words. And his brother didn't even understand how disgusting of what he said.

If you want to talk more, you can pm me :hug:

cobalt60
09-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok Randy- not sure if this will make you feel better but I found MEGAPHONE by Imogen Heap. So I need to see if I can burn a copy and then I can send it to you. :D

Haute
09-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Might be a long PM, Lee...I don't know, pretty much just did train of thought typing which might be dangerous but also maybe what I need. :hug:

And that'd be great, Sue, if you could burn it for me! :D I tried burning a cd of Regina's songs this week, and I don't know if maybe it's just one bad file in there, but I've tried 3 times to burn it and it hasn't worked any of the times. :sad:

Lee
09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Might be a long PM, Lee...I don't know, pretty much just did train of thought typing which might be dangerous but also maybe what I need. :hug:

Not that long :hug:

And that'd be great, Sue, if you could burn it for me! :D I tried burning a cd of Regina's songs this week, and I don't know if maybe it's just one bad file in there, but I've tried 3 times to burn it and it hasn't worked any of the times. :sad:

Have you tried to copy each song onto your computer and than burn it?

Lee
09-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Randy, I need a little bit more time before answering. I really need to think more and get a better picture in my brain first. :hug:

Haute
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Not that long :hug:

Have you tried to copy each song onto your computer and than burn it?

Would copying reveal if one of the files is corrupted?

Take your time answering. :hug:

Lee
09-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Would copying reveal if one of the files is corrupted?

Take your time answering. :hug:

It's possible. Then you can nail down which song is corrupted.

It happened with videos for me. DVD players can compensate corrupted data but a computer duplicating it kept crushing.

Haute
09-18-2006, 07:49 PM
This reminds me of one of those "Who's older" type things from elementary school,and I always hated those. :lol:

Lee
09-18-2006, 07:56 PM
This reminds me of one of those "Who's older" type things from elementary school,and I always hated those. :lol:

:p Is this your answer? Anyway I am going to delete that post.

Haute
09-18-2006, 07:58 PM
It's not my final answer, no. :p

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if I knew what the question was. :rolls:

Lee
09-18-2006, 08:00 PM
It's not my final answer, no. :p

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if I knew what the question was. :rolls:

:lol: The question is should I contact B?

Haute
09-18-2006, 08:04 PM
I guess? :shrug: lol

Lee
09-18-2006, 09:32 PM

Haute
09-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks, Lee. :hug: It'd be kind of hard for me to cry on your shoulder, maybe vCry though. lol

Lee
09-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks, Lee. :hug: It'd be kind of hard for me to cry on your shoulder, maybe vCry though. lol

vCry on my shoulder will work :hug: ;)

Lee
09-18-2006, 09:57 PM
I have to go now. It's almost 3pm and I haven't had lunch yet. :p

Haute
09-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Hope you had a good lunch. :p

Kendra stopped by just at the same time, and we had some good laughs, haven't laughed like that in awhile. :)

Lee
09-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Good for you.

If you consider 2 pieces of white bread with pineapple jam is good lunch, then it's a good lunch :lol:

Haute
09-19-2006, 12:42 AM
I've never had pineapple jam before, how is it? :)

Lee
09-19-2006, 12:48 AM
I've never had pineapple jam before, how is it? :)

I won't buy another one :p

Haute
09-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Good to know. lol

Btw, I've sent another PM needing advice.

Lee
09-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Good to know. lol

Btw, I've sent another PM needing advice.

Sorry I have been on and off. Going on line and helping little Lee with homework.

And I will be off soon to get dinner ready. :p

Haute
09-19-2006, 04:37 AM
I'm going to head off for the night soon, but I think things are going to be better, Lee. :hug: Got the answer I pretty much knew was coming, but even though I am disappointed right now I'm doing better than before.

Hope you have a good night. :wavey: :hug:

J. Corwin
09-19-2006, 05:05 AM
MommyLee always dishes out great advice. ;)
:hug: glad you're feeling better though, and that you have a good night.

I got the "AE Coastal Trail Choker" in the mail today. :cool: My fave choker for now and it matches with a lot of outfits. I wanted to buy more from the site but I didn't want to charge up a storm. :lol: I've been getting addicted to online shopping again lately. :scared:

MisterQ
09-19-2006, 05:07 AM
I got the "AE Coastal Trail Choker" in the mail today. :cool:

Sounds like some coastal wilderness serial killer! :scared:

J. Corwin
09-19-2006, 05:15 AM
Sounds like some coastal wilderness serial killer! :scared:

:rolls: You don't wanna know some of the stuff I found online when I searched for choker garments. :scared:

Haute
09-19-2006, 02:37 PM
MommyLee always dishes out great advice. ;)
:hug: glad you're feeling better though, and that you have a good night.

I got the "AE Coastal Trail Choker" in the mail today. :cool: My fave choker for now and it matches with a lot of outfits. I wanted to buy more from the site but I didn't want to charge up a storm. :lol: I've been getting addicted to online shopping again lately. :scared:

I almost bought that choker a few weeks ago. :p Good choice. :yeah: I'm not buying anything more though from the site until my first order from a week and a half ago arrives. :rolleyes: It's been in Michigan since Thursday and they haven't shipped it out...I'm ready to go down to Ann Arbor and get it myself.

I am feeling better now, there's still one thing that's bothering me but it's something I'll just have to hope goes away over time.

Lee
09-19-2006, 04:12 PM
:kiss: Randy.

I won't be around today. Lunch with my gf and her baby. Volunteer in library. Volunteer in classroom. Atrium for little Lee after school. *phew* Won't be home until like after 6pm. And hubby asked, "I have a tele-conference at 8pm, could we have dinner early?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Haute
09-19-2006, 06:24 PM
:wavey: Good luck with the long day. :hug:

I have about 3 hours until I have to call-in for work and I really hope they don't need me. I don't want to have to close again.

Haute
09-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't know what's going on with me now (it's just one thing after another really...), but I haven't been able to eat without feeling nauseous since yesterday afternoon. :shrug: If I'm still feeling like this tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get my doctor appointment rescheduled to Thursday or Friday.

Haute
09-20-2006, 03:41 AM
I had a better day at work today at least. A customer told my manager that I was phenomenal in helping them out with what they needed. :)

Plus, my ranger shirt finally arrived today!!! :woohoo: Now I just need to wait another week on another pair of shoes to arrive. :p

Lee
09-20-2006, 04:17 AM
I don't know what's going on with me now (it's just one thing after another really...), but I haven't been able to eat without feeling nauseous since yesterday afternoon. :shrug: If I'm still feeling like this tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get my doctor appointment rescheduled to Thursday or Friday.

Stress? Hope you feel better now.

It's a really long day. Had a nice lunch with my friend and her son is soooo cute. So after all the volunteer works (plus I attended a quick meeting of another PTO project on top of above mentioned) I dropped little Lee off for his atrium. Another friend of mine is teaching this year so it's great to see her every week now. Then drove across town to return some library books. I wanted to renew them but someone else put a hold on 2 of the books so I must return them today. :( When to Safeway and picked up boxes of frozen dinners :lol: so dinner tonight was really easy :p

After dinner, more PTO work. And :rolleyes: at parents who don't know how to add. Now I have a check $5 short of the actual order total.

Lee
09-20-2006, 04:17 AM
I had a better day at work today at least. A customer told my manager that I was phenomenal in helping them out with what they needed. :)

Plus, my ranger shirt finally arrived today!!! :woohoo: Now I just need to wait another week on another pair of shoes to arrive. :p

:woohoo:

Lee
09-20-2006, 04:29 AM
CHAT!!!!!

Haute
09-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Stress? Hope you feel better now.

It's a really long day. Had a nice lunch with my friend and her son is soooo cute. So after all the volunteer works (plus I attended a quick meeting of another PTO project on top of above mentioned) I dropped little Lee off for his atrium. Another friend of mine is teaching this year so it's great to see her every week now. Then drove across town to return some library books. I wanted to renew them but someone else put a hold on 2 of the books so I must return them today. :( When to Safeway and picked up boxes of frozen dinners :lol: so dinner tonight was really easy :p

After dinner, more PTO work. And :rolleyes: at parents who don't know how to add. Now I have a check $5 short of the actual order total.

I'm feeling better, but still not all that great. Definitely stressed (had a mini panic attack last night and then 2 meltdowns this morning and then this afternoon), but I don't think stress would be causing me to feel nauseous in this way. I can't even handle milk. :shrug:

I don't even understand what happened this morning, but as soon as I got in the car and was headed off for class I just broke down. I did need a real shoulder after all. :sad: Same thing happened once I got home from class. Started studying for French and the tears just started flowing again. I hate getting stressed out because I can't control my emotions as well as I'd like to. I think it's kind of good that I did cry, but at the same time I'm annoyed and start thinking, "Alright...when's it going to happen again? :rolleyes:" lol

Did you even have a chance to sit down and breathe during the day? :hug: Sounds like you were constantly on the go!

Haute
09-20-2006, 04:39 AM
CHAT!!!!!

:woohoo: :D :D

This means I have to think of a good title now. :p

Lee
09-20-2006, 04:58 AM
I'm feeling better, but still not all that great. Definitely stressed (had a mini panic attack last night and then 2 meltdowns this morning and then this afternoon), but I don't think stress would be causing me to feel nauseous in this way. I can't even handle milk. :shrug:

Stress can do this to you. Just relax. Or have you eaten any spinach lately :scared:

I don't even understand what happened this morning, but as soon as I got in the car and was headed off for class I just broke down. I did need a real shoulder after all. :sad: Same thing happened once I got home from class. Started studying for French and the tears just started flowing again. I hate getting stressed out because I can't control my emotions as well as I'd like to. I think it's kind of good that I did cry, but at the same time I'm annoyed and start thinking, "Alright...when's it going to happen again? :rolleyes:" lol

:hug: Crying is a good way to relieve the pressure building up inside you. Hang on there. :kiss:

Did you even have a chance to sit down and breathe during the day? :hug: Sounds like you were constantly on the go!

Not much :lol: Only when I was helping in the classroom. But that's the hardest as I had to mark the homeworks and grade them. The handwriting of those kids is AWFUL!!!!

Haute
09-20-2006, 05:16 AM
Nope, no spinach lately...why? :confused:

I think it did kind of help, but at the same time I think it's going to open up the floodgates now. A song came on at work and I almost lost it there. I can handle having it happen when I'm by myself, but not when other people are around. Plus, it doesn't help in feeling like I'm going to be alone forever. I do not (and never have either) people lining up waiting for me. It sounds desperate and pathetic when I'm thinking it, but at the same time it's realistic. This is what caused me to have the mini panic attack last night, the possibility of being alone for my life. There is a whole other aspect to this (that would explain how part of this is a trust issue), but it's something I won't go into because it's something I don't talk to anyone about.

I don't even know where I'm going with all this... Me = phenomenal but all alone pretty much. lol

What's worse than trying to decipher the handwriting of kids, is trying to decipher what some professors have written on the board. :lol:

J. Corwin
09-20-2006, 09:05 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060920/ap_on_he_me/tainted_spinach

I think it did kind of help, but at the same time I think it's going to open up the floodgates now. A song came on at work and I almost lost it there. I can handle having it happen when I'm by myself, but not when other people are around. Plus, it doesn't help in feeling like I'm going to be alone forever. I do not (and never have either) people lining up waiting for me. It sounds desperate and pathetic when I'm thinking it, but at the same time it's realistic. This is what caused me to have the mini panic attack last night, the possibility of being alone for my life. There is a whole other aspect to this (that would explain how part of this is a trust issue), but it's something I won't go into because it's something I don't talk to anyone about.

I don't even know where I'm going with all this... Me = phenomenal but all alone pretty much. lol

What's worse than trying to decipher the handwriting of kids, is trying to decipher what some professors have written on the board. :lol:

Seems like this is a very serious issue:( Don't know if it works for you but exercising tends to cheer me up and get my mind off of things that bother me. Or listen to some of your favorite happy music. :) But if it still continues to bother you...ever thought of maybe going to see a shrink? I mean that in the best way. :hug:

Lee, you're a great mom. My parents were too lazy and "busy" to chaperone or be involved in anything school related when I was little. ;)

Haute
09-20-2006, 01:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060920/ap_on_he_me/tainted_spinach

Seems like this is a very serious issue:( Don't know if it works for you but exercising tends to cheer me up and get my mind off of things that bother me. Or listen to some of your favorite happy music. :) But if it still continues to bother you...ever thought of maybe going to see a shrink? I mean that in the best way. :hug:

Lee, you're a great mom. My parents were too lazy and "busy" to chaperone or be involved in anything school related when I was little. ;)

Haven't had any spinach lately. Completely different subject, but I had dream last night that I caught gonorrhea from the Flint River. :rolls:

That's what I wanted to do...I wanted to use the speed bag yesterday but got called into work before I could. I'll have to remember to do it today once I get out of class. I have thought about going to a shrink, but I don't want to have to go over this. It'd be really awkward, and they'd start to overanalyze me, and I don't want that. Plus, I at least understand why I'm feeling like this, it's just a matter of finding a way to stop feeling like this.

I'm off to class. :wavey:

Lee
09-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Randy, when you worry being alone. Think about this :p

:kiss: Randy.

I won't be around today. Lunch with my gf and her baby. Volunteer in library. Volunteer in classroom. Atrium for little Lee after school. *phew* Won't be home until like after 6pm. And hubby asked, "I have a tele-conference at 8pm, could we have dinner early?"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, there will be time you WISH you're alone. :tape:

Lee
09-20-2006, 04:49 PM

I believe both your parents are working. Don't be too hard on them :hug: It's really not easy doing all these volunteer works. I believe they didn't grow up in US, right? It takes me some time to get comfortable to do all these works, like 3-4 years. And I am a full-time mother.

MisterQ
09-20-2006, 05:30 PM

:hug:

I really can relate to this. When I was getting my masters I went through a period like this. College had been really good for me, and leaving it felt like a rug was pulled out from under me. I felt like my best days were over. I was stuck in a new city in an apartment by myself and it was getting harder and harder to meet and relate to people. All my time seemed to be put into meaningless work and study. I can remember thinking the exact sorts of thoughts you described. I thought of a future alone, without much money, and without achieving what I hoped to achieve. I wrote a lot of really depressing music. :lol: :sobbing:

The problem was probably that it's a vicious cycle. As you withdraw, people find it more tiring or confusing to spend time with you. Sometimes they need positive energy from you in order to give it back.

And then, somehow.... I started to pull out of it. Can't remember what the catalyst for this was, but somehow my "decline" began to reverse. Did what I could not to obsess about the future, which is so utterly out of our control, more than we realize. Tried to make jokes, participate in conversations, invest time in "hanging out", live in the moment a bit more. And things got better. Friendships formed more easily, relationships even happened! :eek:

You just have to be patient and take pleasure in little things for a while. :)

MisterQ
09-20-2006, 05:30 PM
oh and also.... :banana: hooray for chat status! :yippee:

Haute
09-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Randy, when you worry being alone. Think about this :p

Yes, there will be time you WISH you're alone. :tape:

:hug: But I don't want to be alone all the time. lol

And I officially hate the universe today. Thought I'd be fine in class, have the topics to distract me...no. "So let's talk about the unrequited love that Antonio has for Bassanio, and how Antonio is willing to do anything for Bassanio but he (Bassanio) doesn't get it." :sobbing: And my case in point again: Antonio ends up alone at the end of the Merchant of Venice. Everyone else is paired up and happy, except for him.

And then it continued in Anthropology with the discussion of displacement in language, about how unlike animals, we are able to talk about people who are not here, who we've never met before. Can't wait to see what happens in French tomorrow...

Fidelity
by Regina Spektor

I never loved nobody fully
always one foot on the ground
and by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
all these voices
I hear in my mind
all these words
I hear in mind
all this music
and it breaks my heart...

suppose I never ever met you
suppose we never fell in love
suppose I never ever let you
kiss me so sweet and so soft
suppose I never ever saw you
suppose you never ever called
suppose I kept on singing love songs
just to break my own fall

just to break my fall...

all my friends say
that of course it's
gonna get better...

I never loved nobody fully
always one foot on the ground
and by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
all these voices
I hear in my mind
all these words
I hear in mind
all this music
and it breaks my heart
and it breaks my heart

I hear in my mind
all these voices
I hear in my mind
all these words
I hear in mind
all this music
and it breaks my heart
breaks my heart...

Lee
09-20-2006, 05:43 PM
:hug: Randy.

Don't know what to say other than tough it out.

When my plane landed in Calgary's airport 3 weeks ago, I looked out and saw the hillside where my brother was killed and tears flooded my eyes (with a whole plane of people :o ) And the afternoon after my brother's funeral, I had to drive thru the road where the accident happened. I kept telling myself: "you can go thru it, you can go thru it, you can go thru it".

Haute
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM

I really can relate to this. When I was getting my masters I went through a period like this. College had been really good for me, and leaving it felt like a rug was pulled out from under me. I felt like my best days were over. I was stuck in a new city in an apartment by myself and it was getting harder and harder to meet and relate to people. All my time seemed to be put into meaningless work and study. I can remember thinking the exact sorts of thoughts you described. I thought of a future alone, without much money, and without achieving what I hoped to achieve. I wrote a lot of really depressing music. :lol: :sobbing:

The problem was probably that it's a vicious cycle. As you withdraw, people find it more tiring or confusing to spend time with you. Sometimes they need positive energy from you in order to give it back.

And then, somehow.... I started to pull out of it. Can't remember what the catalyst for this was, but somehow my "decline" began to reverse. Did what I could not to obsess about the future, which is so utterly out of our control, more than we realize. Tried to make jokes, participate in conversations, invest time in "hanging out", live in the moment a bit more. And things got better. Friendships formed more easily, relationships even happened! :eek:

You just have to be patient and take pleasure in little things for a while. :)

Hi Q :wavey: :hug:

For the most part I'm okay when I'm in class, or at work, I can be my usual self there. The only people who really know that something is up are you guys. Kendra, my best friend, doesn't even know that something is up, because when I'm out in public I push everything aside and make it seem like everything is okay. It's until I get home, when I have some downtime, that everything is triggered. What is bothering me is that in 20 years, only once has someone ever shown real interest/affection (at least I think it was real, I don't know now) towards me, for being who I am. Even then, another problem is that I have a very hard time trusting people when it comes to my heart, took me quite sometime to admit even to myself that I had feelings for him. Now it's all blown up, and I don't know what to think. A lot of things about it seemed to wrong, but to me it all seemed to be so right at the same time. Maybe it was all happening at the wrong time? Maybe it would be different after I've graduated from college, seen the world, and allowed the world to change me?

You know the funny thing? I'm not sounding positive at all right now, but I have to leave for a meeting in an hour and no one will even guess that anything is wrong. lol Another thing is that I feel like I should just tell everything to Kendra, but I think if tell her that I'm gay, that her best friend who is the only guy she's ever known not to be gay really is, I think it just might push her over the edge of being a lesbian. :lol: She was venting to me yesterday about how she's heard rumors that her ex-boyfriend is gay now and she said to me, "I swear if one more guy in my life turns out to be gay, that's it...I'm becoming a lesbian!" I had to try so hard not to laugh at her, because she has no idea...yet. lol

Haute
09-20-2006, 06:07 PM

When my plane landed in Calgary's airport 3 weeks ago, I looked out and saw the hillside where my brother was killed and tears flooded my eyes (with a whole plane of people :o ) And the afternoon after my brother's funeral, I had to drive thru the road where the accident happened. I kept telling myself: "you can go thru it, you can go thru it, you can go thru it".

:hug: I know what you mean. I do know that it'll get better, but it's going to take a long time. Took me a good year after my grandma's death to finally feel like I really had a sense of closure and that I could be okay with everything. Obviously I don't handle big events very well. lol

MisterQ
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM

You are a great example of strength, Lee. :hug:

MisterQ
09-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi Q :wavey: :hug:

For the most part I'm okay when I'm in class, or at work, I can be my usual self there. The only people who really know that something is up are you guys. Kendra, my best friend, doesn't even know that something is up, because when I'm out in public I push everything aside and make it seem like everything is okay. It's until I get home, when I have some downtime, that everything is triggered. What is bothering me is that in 20 years, only once has someone ever shown real interest/affection (at least I think it was real, I don't know now) towards me, for being who I am. Even then, another problem is that I have a very hard time trusting people when it comes to my heart, took me quite sometime to admit even to myself that I had feelings for him. Now it's all blown up, and I don't know what to think. A lot of things about it seemed to wrong, but to me it all seemed to be so right at the same time. Maybe it was all happening at the wrong time? Maybe it would be different after I've graduated from college, seen the world, and allowed the world to change me?

So many things I could say, and they all sound cliché. :lol: But they're true. We grow through these painful, vulnerable experiences. We can't be afraid of them. What did FDR say...? :rolls:

You know the funny thing? I'm not sounding positive at all right now, but I have to leave for a meeting in an hour and no one will even guess that anything is wrong. lol Another thing is that I feel like I should just tell everything to Kendra, but I think if tell her that I'm gay, that her best friend who is the only guy she's ever known not to be gay really is, I think it just might push her over the edge of being a lesbian. :lol: She was venting to me yesterday about how she's heard rumors that her ex-boyfriend is gay now and she said to me, "I swear if one more guy in my life turns out to be gay, that's it...I'm becoming a lesbian!" I had to try so hard not to laugh at her, because she has no idea...yet. lol

I'm sure she won't be as traumatized as you think!

...but try introducing her to some potential girlfriends before you tell her, just in case. ;) :lol:

Haute
09-20-2006, 09:08 PM
So many things I could say, and they all sound cliché. :lol: But they're true. We grow through these painful, vulnerable experiences. We can't be afraid of them. What did FDR say...? :rolls:

I'm sure she won't be as traumatized as you think!

...but try introducing her to some potential girlfriends before you tell her, just in case. ;) :lol:

I think she's always hoped that someday we'd be more than just friends, so I don't know how she'd react. But I'm sure her aunts (she has 2 aunts who are lesbians) could hook her up with some potential girlfriends. :lol:

I guess all I can do is give this time to get better. Maybe find other things to get my mind off of this. If I get the nerve up enough to do it, I might call a modelling agency tomorrow to find out what kind of work they do. May not be top agencies like in NYC, LA, or Miami, but have to start somewhere so I can get to those places. lol Et après, Paris! :cool:

MisterQ
09-20-2006, 09:13 PM
I think she's always hoped that someday we'd be more than just friends, so I don't know how she'd react. But I'm sure her aunts (she has 2 aunts who are lesbians) could hook her up with some potential girlfriends. :lol:

I guess all I can do is give this time to get better. Maybe find other things to get my mind off of this. If I get the nerve up enough to do it, I might call a modelling agency tomorrow to find out what kind of work they do. May not be top agencies like in NYC, LA, or Miami, but have to start somewhere so I can get to those places. lol Et après, Paris! :cool:

Doesn't everyone have a lesbian aunt? (I do!) :lol:

Haute
09-20-2006, 09:20 PM
I don't. :lol: As far as I know, I'm the only person who's gay on both sides of my family. :shrug:

Haute
09-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I probably should just tell Kendra, because I do need a real shoulder. :sad:

J. Corwin
09-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Randy :hug: Don't know if you talked to Kendra yet but best friends always communicate with each other and I'm sure you will feel much better when she hugs and understands you. I wouldn't let it eat at me inside. You'll only keep getting yourself sick by stressing over it all the time. :)

I understand what Matt went through during his years getting his Masters too. I just finished my undergrad years and now I'm living with my parents and I often feel a little bummed out that most of my friends are farther away and I'm being aimless and useless with my life. But I know everything is how you view it and I actually enjoy this different sense of freedom of being away from hardcore studies for awhile. You'll feel so much freer once you allow yourself to be and opening up to your best friend is the best way to do it. :)
Good luck! :hug:

J. Corwin
09-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Congrats on the chat status btw! :woohoo:

J. Corwin
09-20-2006, 11:59 PM
I believe both your parents are working. Don't be too hard on them :hug: It's really not easy doing all these volunteer works. I believe they didn't grow up in US, right? It takes me some time to get comfortable to do all these works, like 3-4 years. And I am a full-time mother.

Actually as a little kid I was kinda glad my parents weren't there to embarass me so it was a win-win situation in my eyes. ;)

But you're right, they're just not used to doing it mostly because they worry about their English. My mom did only the mandantory PTA stuff and would always elect to donate stuff to the school rather than participating at some school social. Just the other day she was complaining about how she didn't want to go to my brother's Back-to-School night event. :lol:

Lee
09-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Actually as a little kid I was kinda glad my parents weren't there to embarass me so it was a win-win situation in my eyes. ;)

But you're right, they're just not used to doing it mostly because they worry about their English. My mom did only the mandantory PTA stuff and would always elect to donate stuff to the school rather than participating at some school social. Just the other day she was complaining about how she didn't want to go to my brother's Back-to-School night event. :lol:

What's Back-to-School night? If it's similar to the one we have here, it's important for the parents to attend.

cobalt60
09-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Mazel Tov on the chat stauts! Hey Lee- have you recently heard from Becca?

Lee
09-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Mazel Tov on the chat stauts! Hey Lee- have you recently heard from Becca?

Nope. I have PMed her in her board. She hasn't logged on there so far. The last time she post was 9-16-06 when she said she didn't have internet at home yet and she didn't bother to log on from work. :p

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 01:44 AM
What's Back-to-School night? If it's similar to the one we have here, it's important for the parents to attend.

Parents come together, make small talk, and listen to the teachers explain how they will torture their kids. :p Fair deal. :lol:

Lee
09-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Parents come together, make small talk, and listen to the teachers explain how they will torture their kids. :p Fair deal. :lol:

Here, the teachers asked the parents help torturing their kids. That's why it's important. :tape:

Haute
09-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Soo, according to my friend Katie I only weight 5 pounds, and one glass of wine is enough to get me knackered. I kind of believe it now. :lol:

MisterQ
09-21-2006, 03:39 AM
If you're going to get knackered, wine's a great way to do it. :drink:

Lee
09-21-2006, 03:41 AM
Soo, according to my friend Katie I only weight 5 pounds, and one glass of wine is enough to get me knackered. I kind of believe it now. :lol:

Then I must only weight a pound. :lol:

Haute
09-21-2006, 03:41 AM
I started out with just half a glass to help me sleep, but now that I'm tired, it's too much fun. lol Kendra wants to know what I'm like when I get crunk, that'll be fun to find out. :rolls:

Lee
09-21-2006, 04:17 AM
I HATE BLOOD TEST!!!!

I have to start fasting in 45 minutes. Then I have to get up really really early, fight the early rush hour traffic just to let some vampire draw my blood. :sobbing:

Grrrrrrr!

Haute
09-21-2006, 04:23 AM
:hug: You don't have roaming veins, do you?

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 05:45 AM
:hug: You don't have roaming veins, do you?
:eek:

Those are no fun at all!

Needle goes in... wow I didn't feel it! Oops, they didn't hit the vein... uh oh...
nurse starts fishing around, still not feeling it, still not feeli - OW! OW! OW! Holy crap that hurts! Jeez!

And they still don't get your blood, so they do the same thing to the other arm. :sobbing:

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 05:48 AM
Doesn't everyone have a lesbian aunt? (I do!) :lol:

We don't have lesbian aunts where I come from. We don't have lesbians at all, and we definitely don't have gays. Homosexuals are an abomination! Unless of course they do it for the tourists, in which case it's the heathen white people's fault anyway. :o

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Roaming veins!!

I have a horror story about getting my blood drawn once actually. The nurse poked my left arm and couldn't get the blood flowing so she fished around a bit and still couldn't get anything. She then poked another hole, and fished. Poked another hole, and fished. I felt like a druggie getting shot up all over the place. :scared: The nurse, obviously frustrated, called another nurse in and she was also unsuccessful! :sobbing: Then they got a guy nurse and he tried my right arm, poked a few holes, then went back to my left one before finally being able to fill the two vials. :rolleyes: I had like 10 holes over both arms! :o At one point they even suggested to draw blood from my wrist...but uh...no freakin way man! :scared:

Hi Joan! :wavey:

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 05:57 AM

I'm in the same boat. I also often get a nice glow. :lol:

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Hola jace! Looks like we're the only 2 in this place!

:wavey:

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 06:09 AM
:lol:That rhymed even though it wasn't intentional!

MisterQ
09-21-2006, 06:10 AM
Roaming veins!!

I have a horror story about getting my blood drawn once actually. The nurse poked my left arm and couldn't get the blood flowing so she fished around a bit and still couldn't get anything. She then poked another hole, and fished. Poked another hole, and fished. I felt like a druggie getting shot up all over the place. :scared: The nurse, obviously frustrated, called another nurse in and she was also unsuccessful! :sobbing: Then they got a guy nurse and he tried my right arm, poked a few holes, then went back to my left one before finally being able to fill the two vials. :rolleyes: I had like 10 holes over both arms! :o At one point they even suggested to draw blood from my wrist...but uh...no freakin way man! :scared:

Hi Joan! :wavey:

good times... :eek:

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Hola jace! Looks like we're the only 2 in this place!

:wavey:

Hola!

How are you tonight? Any more celeb rendezvous? ;)

I got the worst haircut today! I always always tell the barber to not cut it too short and last time, for once, she got it right. But today was horrible! She basically lopped off my sideburns and cut it way too short on top...so now I look like a Tibetan monk. I'm gonna wear a cap tomorrow to class. :lol:

and hola Q :)

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Hola!

How are you tonight? Any more celeb rendezvous? ;)

I got the worst haircut today! I always always tell the barber to not cut it too short and last time, for once, she got it right. But today was horrible! She basically lopped off my sideburns and cut it way too short on top...so now I look like a Tibetan monk. I'm gonna wear a cap tomorrow to class. :lol:

and hola Q :)

:lol:

No more celebs, but I won an Ipod Nano! :banana: :banana:

:sad: fruitless ballet lessons! :sad:

:rolls: :wavey: to Q, international man of wit!

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey Q, I have a question for you. Since I'm going away for a year, I intend to ruthlessly upgrade myself during this time. With regards to piano, what's the best way to do this? Can you suggest any comprehensive online resources (music theory, exercises, ___?) that would help an aspiring self-taught pianist such as myself?

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 06:26 AM
:lol:

No more celebs, but I won an Ipod Nano! :banana: :banana:

:sad: fruitless ballet lessons! :sad:

:rolls: :wavey: to Q, international man of wit!

How did you win it?! :eek:
I have a regular Ipod and I think I misplaced it. :sad:

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 06:30 AM
I won it through my university bookstore! I've entered so many competitions, hoping to win something, anything, and now at my most depressed (waiting to leave) I finally win a Nano! And I have no other mp3 players, so I don't even have to sell it or anything!

Sorry about your Ipod, do you think you left it somewhere? Gymn maybe?

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 06:35 AM
With regards to piano, what's the best way to do this?

Preferably with your fingers. :p

I actually play piano too (not nearly as well as our resident maestro of course;)) and I have literally piles of books. Are you looking for something free that you can download off the internet or you're cool with buying books too?

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 06:37 AM
I won it through my university bookstore! I've entered so many competitions, hoping to win something, anything, and now at my most depressed (waiting to leave) I finally win a Nano! And I have no other mp3 players, so I don't even have to sell it or anything!

Sorry about your Ipod, do you think you left it somewhere? Gymn maybe?

Oh cool! I'm too jaded to enter these contests. :lol:

nah it's somewhere in the pigsty known as my room. ;)

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 06:47 AM
:p

Right now I'm poor, so whatever I can download would be awesome. I also stole a number of books that my sister left at home, but they're a little out of my league - I can play some pieces from them, but they were always out of my league and I'd actually like to beef up on technique.

I have a lot of exam books from the Associated Boards of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM - the British Boards) and some books with Scales and Arpeggios.

The last time I actually did any serious music theory lessons was in grade 9. :eek: Apart from muscle memory, my music knowledge is extremely basic because I don't remember much and it's not like we got that far anyway.

My music theory resources are as follows:
http://www.dolmetsch.com/theoryintro.htm
http://www.musictheory.halifax.ns.ca/

For free sheet music (God Bless the Internets!): http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net/

I'd like to have as many options as possible when it comes to teaching myself.
I bought my first metronome :o :eek: and I'm super excited about this!

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Speaking of the maestro, where is Q?

Bagelicious
09-21-2006, 07:05 AM
Aaaallll by myseeeeeeieeeelf, (don't wanna be)
Aaaalll by myself, anymoooooooore. :bigcry:

Looks like it's bedtime for me. Talk to you all later!

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 07:12 AM
:p

Right now I'm poor, so whatever I can download would be awesome. I also stole a number of books that my sister left at home, but they're a little out of my league - I can play some pieces from them, but they were always out of my league and I'd actually like to beef up on technique.

I have a lot of exam books from the Associated Boards of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM - the British Boards) and some books with Scales and Arpeggios.

The last time I actually did any serious music theory lessons was in grade 9. :eek: Apart from muscle memory, my music knowledge is extremely basic because I don't remember much and it's not like we got that far anyway.

My music theory resources are as follows:
http://www.dolmetsch.com/theoryintro.htm
http://www.musictheory.halifax.ns.ca/

For free sheet music (God Bless the Internets!): http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net/

I'd like to have as many options as possible when it comes to teaching myself.
I bought my first metronome :o :eek: and I'm super excited about this!

Those are some great sites. I tried searching for some free sheet music sites for you but none of them came up except the one you already have. I would definitely focus on the scales, arpeggios, and chords to build up your technique and make sure to play them every day as a routine warm up for your fingers. I know this....cuz the last time I had a piano lesson was about 6 years ago and now I only play sporadically and my fingers can get a bit clunky. :p A good way to get both your rhythm and dexterity down is to play scales with triplet notation for your right hand while you play in eighth notes with your left hand, and sixteenth notes with your right hand while triplet with your left, etc. It really forces you to control both hands in a kind of weird off-pace syncopated craziness!!

As for the more difficult pieces you can always simplify them and cheat a bit. ;)

What kind of metronome do you have? Do you have a beeping digital one (my first one :banana: ) or do you have the old-style swining pendulum one. :rocker2:

I'm sure Q could help you more later. :)

I have a big psych test later so I should head off and study now. Night :wavey:

Haute
09-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm in the same boat. I also often get a nice glow. :lol:

That story about the roaming veins is scary. :scared:

And here's the best benefit of weighing 5 pounds, you don't have to have a lot to drink to get tipsy, so you're not hung over in the morning! :D

Went to the dentist this morning though, and sounds like I'm going to have to get my wisdom teeth taken out soon. :unsure:

Haute
09-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Aaaallll by myseeeeeeieeeelf, (don't wanna be)
Aaaalll by myself, anymoooooooore. :bigcry:

Looks like it's bedtime for me. Talk to you all later!

:hug: You're singing my theme song, Joan! :hug:

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 03:41 PM
That story about the roaming veins is scary. :scared:

And here's the best benefit of weighing 5 pounds, you don't have to have a lot to drink to get tipsy, so you're not hung over in the morning! :D

Went to the dentist this morning though, and sounds like I'm going to have to get my wisdom teeth taken out soon. :unsure:

Good theory! I've never gotten hungover!

Another added benefit is that we don't have to spend that much money to have a crunkin good time. ;)

Haute
09-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I need an opinion really quickly. Which picture looks better: smiling or non-smile?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/VeeFan/scan0003.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/VeeFan/scan0004.jpg

J. Corwin
09-21-2006, 03:58 PM
smile.

what's it for? :)

Haute
09-21-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm doing the first steps of my long-term plan, and actually applying to modeling agencies. :)

Haute
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
So I've gotten a call back already and have an appointment Monday evening with an agency.

I'm not completely sure about this agency, finding not-so-great information as I'm doing a check right now. :unsure: I'll have to see how it goes.

MisterQ
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
i vote smile :yeah:

Haute
09-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Even if my brother is giving me moose antlers. :p

I'm really not sure what to do about this agency now. Maybe I'll see if my sister-in-law could e-mail or call her sister tonight and see if she knows anything about this agency and whether it's actually reputable or not.

Haute
09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
And now that I'm really thinking about it, scam or real, I'm not going to have any time this semester to do this, between classes, work, PSA, getting my wisdom teeth pulled...I'm going to call tomorrow to cancel.

Lee
09-22-2006, 01:50 AM
I need an opinion really quickly. Which picture looks better: smiling or non-smile?

I believe the voting is closed but I like both anyway ;)

Haute
09-22-2006, 02:01 AM
It'll be good to know for future references. :p

My sister-in-law e-mailed her sister and despite there being an office for this agency in LA, Bree said that she's never heard of it before and it doesn't show up on her directory of other agencies in the area.

Lee
09-22-2006, 02:37 AM
It'll be good to know for future references. :p

My sister-in-law e-mailed her sister and despite there being an office for this agency in LA, Bree said that she's never heard of it before and it doesn't show up on her directory of other agencies in the area.

Then you better ignore this agency.

Pfloyd
09-22-2006, 02:37 AM
non smile

Lee
09-22-2006, 02:43 AM
*phew* finally I have a little bit of free time.

Another crazy day for me. Up at 6am, make it to the lab at 7am and there were like 20 people waiting already. After waiting for 50 minutes and 4 tubes of blood less :eek: I had my breakfast in Big M :p then grocery shopping in Sprouts. Then another doctor's appointment, car wash, Costco, Walmart and home. I had enough time to put everything in the fridge and had instant oatmeal for lunch *sigh* Another volunteer session in library. Came home, helped little Lee with homework, process more tickets for his school's fall festival, made dinner, ate dinner.

FINALLY, MTF :lol:

Lee
09-22-2006, 02:53 AM
Roaming veins :bolt:

No, I don't have roaming veins but my veins are thin and narrow. And my worst nightmare is not drawing blood but putting an IV. I was in the emergency room and someone determined I need an IV for my dehydration. *don't really know why* Anyhow, after idolling there for a few hours, deep into the middle of the night, someone determined I didn't need it anymore so it was removed. The first time they put the IV in, they already poked a few holes around my wrist and elbow. The second time was even worse as I dehydrated more (and because I need all kinds of tests in a few hours when most people showed up to work, I could not drink or eat, blah blah blah) so ended up they put the IV on the back of my hand. Everytime my hand moved, it hurt like hell :mad: :fiery:

And the nightmare continues. I wasn't allowed to washroom (as I would have ultrasound in a few hours) but the IV kept putting liquid into my system. :tape: :tape: The emergency room was more like a torture chamber :bigcry:

Haute
09-22-2006, 03:33 AM
Then you better ignore this agency.

That's what I'm going to do, I just need to find the best excuse to cancel my appointment other than, "Yes, I've found out that you're a scam artist. I'm cancelling, thanks!" :p

At least you're putting everything in the right order of importance, MTF should come last after everything else. :)

I've only had an IV put in once, and I don't want to do it again. I couldn't imagine having to have one put in overnight. :hug:

Lee
09-22-2006, 06:41 PM
OK, I am in a really b***hy mood today.

Both Tommy are disgusting in DC. Chucho is losing. Brasil/Sweden tie rained out.

Not enough volunteers for the Fall Festival so I may have to work a shift or 2 that night.

GRRRRR! Why the study PTO tries to do 4 functions (3 are fund raising) in 7 weeks since school start is beyond me? :rolleyes:

end of rant

Haute
09-22-2006, 07:58 PM
:hug: Is there anyone right now who doesn't have something bothering them? :hug:

Lee
09-22-2006, 08:06 PM
:hug: Is there anyone right now who doesn't have something bothering them? :hug:

:p It's annoying, not bothering. The Fall Festival usually ran on the last Friday of October. This year, the PTO moved it and ended up sqeezing all other activities together.

Bagelicious
09-23-2006, 03:45 AM

My reunion/goodbye potluck is shaping up to be a huge failure! :o :sad:

Haute
09-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Sorry to hear that, Joan. :hug: What's the problem with it?

I've been talking with my mom today about dropping one of my classes. I was finally able to eat again today, but not before having woken up once more feeling sick, and missed my class for the third time in a week. I don't even understand what's going on in the class, and I think I have a paper that I'm supposed to be due soon. :shrug: This was a class that I was taking because it was going to be fun, but nothing is fun about it so far. Nothing is really fun right now, because this is the only one that's not required and that I can afford to drop without having to make it up again at some other time.

P.S. Picked up my schedule for work for next week, and the good thing is that I don't have to lie about cancelling the appointment with the scammers; I got scheduled for that time. :lol:

Bagelicious
09-23-2006, 05:10 AM
Nah, it's just a couple of good friends acting like assholes about coming to it. When it comes to classes, it's better you just drop it now when you can get back the money and before it brings down your gpa.

It's a good thing you have a real excuse not to see the scammers! Good luck with other agencies (or are you too busy?).

Haute
09-23-2006, 07:56 PM
That sucks, I hope they get their act together for your sake. :hug:

My mom still wants me to try to take the class, but I feel like it's going to be too much for me, and like you said I don't want to run the risk of bringing my GPA down. I need to get back into the 3.8 range for my own sake.

I still need to call to cancel. :lol: I think I'll do that on my way to work in half an hour. For now, I'm not going to bother with any other agencies. I already have enough on my plate between classes, work, and being PSA pres (that's almost like a second job as is). But I was telling Deb the other day, I think once I graduate from college I'm going to move out to LA and hopefully Sabrina (my sister-in-law's sister) will be able to use her connections within the industry to set me up with an agency. :) She's good friends with Jessica Alba, so it shouldn't be too hard to find an agency for me. :p

Lee
09-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Joan, hope your reunion/going away party works out great. :hug:

Randy, :yeah: for your latest plan.

Haute
09-24-2006, 03:19 AM
I was going to call to cancel on my way to work, and forgot to do it. :lol: I'll have to call on Monday now...or just not call at all, which is probably what will happen. :p

Had another talk with my mom before I went in to work, and she's finally agreed that if I think taking this English class is going to be too much for me ontop of work, my other classes, and PSA, then I should go ahead and drop it. I'm going to talk to my prof on Monday after class, and hopefully after Wednesday I'll be down to 3 classes for the semester.

Haute
09-25-2006, 01:59 AM
So today Leigh asked me to show the new employees the ropes around the store. On the one hand I'm flattered that she's asking me to do it after I've only been at the store for 4 months. But on the other hand I'm mortified that I know 5 different ways to fold denim (and I hate that I call it denim now and not jeans :lol: ), 4 different ways to fold hoodies, 3 different ways to fold shirts, etc. Retail really does become part of your life. :rolls:

Lee
09-25-2006, 02:01 AM
So today Leigh asked me to show the new employees the ropes around the store. On the one hand I'm flattered that she's asking me to do it after I've only been at the store for 4 months. But on the other hand I'm mortified that I know 5 different ways to fold denim (and I hate that I call it denim now and not jeans :lol: ), 4 different ways to fold hoodies, 3 different ways to fold shirts, etc. Retail really does become part of your life. :rolls:

Really, :o I don't know how to fold denims/jeans at all.

Haute
09-25-2006, 03:09 AM
You will if you work in retail. :lol:

I'm looking to get a messenger bag to replace my bookbag, and so far the best one I'm finding that I like is $98 from Urban Outfitters. :eek:

MissFairy
09-25-2006, 10:30 AM
What is a messenger bag? Is it like a satchel? Because i have the cutest one :lol: And it was only £20 :hearts:

Haute
09-25-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't really know what a satchel is. :lol:

But this is the one I'm looking at getting. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=22809&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=222&iSubCat=223&iProductID=22809

:yeah:

J. Corwin
09-25-2006, 11:52 PM
ah, so it's one of those manbags ;):lol:

I'm not a big fan of them but I think it'd look good on you. :yeah:

Don't tell me you're a fan of Urban Outfitters...

Haute
09-26-2006, 12:04 AM
I've never been to Urban Outfitters before, but that's where someone told me they got theirs from (the ones we have at AE are hideous, and even with an employee discount you couldn't get me to buy one. :p).

And it's not a man's bag, it's one of those bags that goes across the chest and sits around the hip.

Man's bag...:ras: :lol:

How did your weekend go? :wavey:

J. Corwin
09-26-2006, 12:15 AM
I've been to UO a few times before and they don't have much of a selection for guys in the clothing department. Like seriously, you walk in, and there's like two racks for men's clothing. :lol: But I've only ever gone to the one in Berkeley so I don't know if they're all like that.:)

And it's not a man's bag, it's one of those bags that goes across the chest and sits around the hip.

Man's bag...:ras: :lol:

aka manbags? :p Isn't that what they're called by sometimes? No joke. :lol:

My weekend has been good. I went to a Cal football game on Saturday, went clubbing and met up with some friends at Berk. I got a new TV and DVD/VCR player in my room now because the only 13inch tv was donated to my dad's company. ;)

I also spent an inordinate amount of time on Paper Mario. :lol: I procrastinated all my work til late last night and I felt very much OWNED when I had to get up at 8 this morning. :p

How was your weekend?

Haute
09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
I've heard people talking about this a few times now...what's Paper Mario?

And I just called it a side bag thing (the technical term, no? :lol: ) until I was talking with Katie last night and she said it's called a messenger bag. I didn't come across any places selling them as a man's bag, so I don't know whether that's real or not. :p

I think UM is still 3-0 for football. I'm so glad MSU got owned by Notre Dame this weekend. :rolls: Can't wait for the UM/MSU game so we can beat them again. :lol:

My weekend went alright, worked 5-11 Saturday and 1-8 yesterday. Ordered tickets last night to go see Regina Spektor on Oct. 13. :D :woohoo: And now I need to finish up my map for History, and do a bunch of crap for PSA (yes, crap. :p).

Haute
09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I was getting ready to leave for class in about 20 minutes, and decided to check my e-mail last minute before leaving, and now I don't have History all this week again. I'm grateful for being able to sleep in, but I hope that Dr. Rahme is doing alright (his mother passed away last week).

Haute
09-28-2006, 03:27 AM
So here's a brief update. I went ahead and dropped my English class today because the stomach problems aren't going away. I'm going to need some downtime, and working 15-20 hours a week and taking 13 credits in upper level courses isn't the way to do it. Hopefully having some extra time will do some good, because I'm not about to go through all of this again for another year and a half. :sobbing:

And just in time for my doctor's appointment on Friday the dizziness/nausea has come back. :shrug: The worst part is that one of the spells (for lack of a better word) happened while I was at work on Monday and just sent everything spinning for me the rest of the time I was there.

Lee
09-28-2006, 03:31 AM

Haute
09-28-2006, 03:38 AM
Lee :hug: I started crying again this morning at the thought of going through all this once more. I'm kind of scared to go to the doctor this time though and find out that I do have an ulcer.

Lee
09-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Lee :hug: I started crying again this morning at the thought of going through all this once more. I'm kind of scared to go to the doctor this time though and find out that I do have an ulcer.

If you really have an ulcer, it better treat it now than later. :hug:

You really need to learn to relax. Do you have any physical exercise like swimming, jogging, etc. ?

Haute
09-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Relaxing is not one of the activities of someone who's type-A. That's unheard of really. lol I shouldn't even say this, but even with the problems I'm still inquiring about joining the French Club, and starting up an International Studies Club. :o

But in seriousness, I really don't like to have a lot of downtime, I want to feel like I'm always doing something meaningful. And this is why I had the problems to begin with my senior year of high school. I was working, taking 3 AP classes, involved with about a million different clubs/organizations, taking piano and cello lessons, and playing in an orchestra on top of it all.

MisterQ
09-28-2006, 04:08 AM
I guess if you're type A you have to work hard at relaxing! Make it a goal! ;) :lol:

I hope you can find a way to do it, though... it will be so good for you. :hug:

Down time and relaxation is so critical to functioning properly.

Lee
09-28-2006, 04:10 AM
I see your activities have everything to do with your brain but not much with your body. I am serious. Take up some kind of physical exercise. Physical exertion helps you relax, IMO. When I was still in Taekwondo, I would practise extra hard when I was upset, etc. And it's really good.

I am not asking you to be a fitness guru or martial art specialist, just a little balance in your life. ;)

Haute
09-28-2006, 04:41 AM
I know what you mean, it's kind of hard sometimes though to find time to do any physical activity. Kendra and I would play tennis on our breaks, but now we're not on campus at the same time, and none of my other friends are into tennis.

Haute
10-01-2006, 05:18 AM
I like the new av, Lee. It's very cute! :D

Went to the doctor yesterday, didn't really get an answer about the dizzy spells, but she's very concerned about them since there doesn't seem to be any easy explanation as to what's causing them. I had bloodwork done while I was there, and I have to go back in 3 weeks for a check up.

J. Corwin
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Hope the bloodwork was quick and you didn't have any incompetent nurses digging through you. :scared: Maybe a reason you're getting all these dizzy spells is because you don't get enough sleep? Try to find a reasonable bedtime everyday (says the guy who goes to bed at ungodly hours :lol: ) and stick to it. All this stressing and worrying could weaken your immune system too. :hug:

acoffeygirl
10-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Randy...sorry to hear about the health concerns. hope everything turns out ok. :hug:

Haute
10-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Hi Jace and Amber :wavey:

The bloodwork went quickly, I've never had a problem with getting my blood drawn (fortunately!). I have been getting a good amount of sleep at night (slept 9 hours last night for example). I get the feeling it's just some other bizarre way of stress attacking my body. :shrug: There's really no rhyme or reason for when the dizziness/nausea hits, like last Monday it hit me out of nowhere while I was at work (and that scared me because I still had to try to drive home :scared: ). Just have to wait and see what happens really.

BTW, is anyone else watching 'Brothers & Sisters'? I'm loving this show so far...anything with Sally Field is good. :worship:

Bagelicious
10-02-2006, 04:47 AM
Hey Randy! :wavey: Sounds like it might be time to take up yoga... I hope the dizzy spells don't indicate anything serious!

J. Corwin
10-02-2006, 06:50 AM
Sally Field :cool: One of the good lady next door types. :)

acoffeygirl
10-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm not watching it Randy...I'm barely watching my regular shows, so I decided that I can't add anything new this fall!! :lol:

Haute
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I was unsure whether I was going to watch it at all or not, but last night's episode got me hooked. It's all Sally Field's fault for being a great actress. :p

Plus, Calista Flockhart. Good to see her back on tv. :yeah:

Lee
10-03-2006, 03:14 AM
:wavey: Everybody!

Randy, hope everything is OK with you! My HDL # is a little over and now I have to watch my diet and really back to exercise :p

Haute
10-03-2006, 04:41 AM
Evening Lee :hug: Things are little by little getting better, although I have 2-3 exams this week and that's not helping me to de-stress. lol

Lee
10-03-2006, 04:46 AM
:hug: Randy. That's progress no matter how little it is.

Haute
10-03-2006, 04:53 AM
I just want the semester to be over...scratch that, I want to be done with school already. I'm so sick of having to read textbooks and stress over exams/papers. I'm dreading having to take the research course because I'll have to write a 25 page paper for it. :scared: But I think Dr. Munroe usually teaches that class, so maybe it won't be all that bad.

Haute
10-04-2006, 03:03 AM
I got this off of the MySpace page of one of the people I work with. :lol:

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/bigbird.jpg

:rolls:

Haute
10-04-2006, 06:31 PM
So Rep. Foley is a gay Republican...isn't that an oxymoron? :lol:

And there goes the Republican angle that they're the morally righteous ones. :p

Lee
10-04-2006, 06:34 PM
So Rep. Foley is a gay Republican...isn't that an oxymoron? :lol:

And there goes the Republican angle that they're the morally righteous ones. :p

It's just gay :lol:

Haute
10-04-2006, 06:37 PM
I didn't think Republicans could be gay, I always thought they'd spontaneously combust just the thought of being gay. :rolls:

How are you, Lee? :hug:

Lee
10-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Other than get my butt to exercise and being cajoled to return to my Spanish class, pretty good :lol:

And you?

Haute
10-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Is it that you don't want to learn Spanish, or just don't want to have to take a class? :p

I don't even know anymore how I am. :lol: Something new falls apart each day now. Now it's my hip that's really hurting me, to the point that I have to somewhat limp in order to keep weight off of it. I'm just waiting to see what'll break next. :p

Lee
10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Is it that you don't want to learn Spanish, or just don't want to have to take a class? :p

Too lazy to study :p

I don't even know anymore how I am. :lol: Something new falls apart each day now. Now it's my hip that's really hurting me, to the point that I have to somewhat limp in order to keep weight off of it. I'm just waiting to see what'll break next. :p

:( Ice your hip where it hurts for 15 minutes and see if it helps :shrug:

Haute
10-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I think there's just something about Spanish, not a lot of people are really enthused about it. lol But French! :D Everyone loves French! :lol:

I took an extra strength Tylenol about an hour ago, and it's better, but still aches. I'm too young to be falling apart already. lol

Lee
10-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I think there's just something about Spanish, not a lot of people are really enthused about it. lol But French! :D Everyone loves French! :lol:

I like both but Spanish is more practical and lessons are more available here.

I took an extra strength Tylenol about an hour ago, and it's better, but still aches. I'm too young to be falling apart already. lol

I have problem with my hip since I'm a teenager :shrug:

Haute
10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
That's true, kind of reversed for us. French is more practical here. :p

Did you start falling apart too at an early age? :hug:

Lee
10-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Did you start falling apart too at an early age? :hug:

Just the hip. As a result, I can't walk for a long distance and pretty limited in the kind of exercise I can have. :shrug:

J. Corwin
10-04-2006, 09:47 PM

French is also sexier. :p I want to perfect my ohhonhonhONH ;)

You need to play doctor with Kendra so she could make all the bad things go away on your body. :hug:

Haute
10-04-2006, 10:12 PM
:rolls: My French prof is always overpronouncing 'on' and 'ière' to get that effect. It's amazing we learn anything in that class. :lol:

Kendra's in no better shape to make me healthy. lol

How are you doing Jace? :wavey:

J. Corwin
10-05-2006, 03:56 PM
As long as he is funny then it's all good. :lol: I had some great Spanish teachers and they made the process quick and painless for the most part.

Sorry about leaving yesterday, I was at school and my next class was like starting in 5 minutes. :p I'm good. I won a decent pot (-->100) at poker last night, I wonder how long I'll keep it in my pocket. :lol: Weekend starts later today for me since I have no Friday classes. :banana:

How are you? Feeling better I hope?

I'm gonna disappear again now since I have to leave for class. ;)

Haute
10-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I hate you all that have no Friday classes. :lol: Katie doesn't have Friday classes either, and she always rubs it in my face. :ras:

Congrats on your poker keeps. :D Are you going to blow it all on something good, or is it going to go towards boring stuff like bills? lol

The hip still hurts like hell. But had a 'fun' experience at the dentist this morning getting the x-rays of my wisdom teeth. I have no gag reflex and about threw up a few times because the thing had to be stuck so far back in my mouth. I managed though, except the inside of my mouth on one side is all torn up from the paddle.

Hope you enjoy your classes, I just got out of my fun French class again. :p And I have to call in for work in half an hour, kind of hoping they don't need me.

J. Corwin
10-05-2006, 11:39 PM
My weekend starts.........oh it started about an hour ago :lol:

I'm definitely gonna spend the money on something totally materialistic...;)

Are they thinking about pulling out your wisdoms? I had one taken out a couple years and it was the worst dental experience ever...and believe me, I've had plenty lol. It wasn't during the process as much as afterwards I bled for about 3 days from the wound. And I always about gag when they shove those things up your mouth for those X-rays.

Don't respond to this if you're at work. ;)

Lee
10-05-2006, 11:50 PM

Are they thinking about pulling out your wisdoms? I had one taken out a couple years and it was the worst dental experience ever...and believe me, I've had plenty lol. It wasn't during the process as much as afterwards I bled for about 3 days from the wound. And I always about gag when they shove those things up your mouth for those X-rays.

I second that. It's nothing for my top 2 wisdom teeth but the bottom one was a killer. :tape:

J. Corwin
10-06-2006, 12:04 AM
I second that. It's nothing for my top 2 wisdom teeth but the bottom one was a killer. :tape:

My cousin, bless her, had all 4 taken out at once. :scared:

how are you today Lee :hug: I was about to say ready for the weekend but then I realized Little Lee has school tomorrow and you probably have to get up early to drive him to school. :lol:

Haute
10-06-2006, 12:10 AM

They didn't need me tonight, which is good because I forgot that I have an Anthropology exam tomorrow that I need to study for. :o

I'm having all 4 teeth taken out at once. :scared: Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad, I'm just hoping I don't get dry sockets.

cobalt60
10-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Randy I have made your CD. Just need to label it for all the songs and mail it off. It will take me a little while. I will try to get it out Monday for you.

Haute
10-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Randy I have made your CD. Just need to label it for all the songs and mail it off. It will take me a little while. I will try to get it out Monday for you.

Thanks so much Sue. :D :hug: I'm in no rush to get it, so take your time if you need to. :p

I'll need to PM you with my address though. That would help a lot I think. :lol:

Lee
10-06-2006, 12:13 AM
My cousin, bless her, had all 4 taken out at once. :scared:

They love to do this in North America :scared:

how are you today Lee :hug: I was about to say ready for the weekend but then I realized Little Lee has school tomorrow and you probably have to get up early to drive him to school. :lol:

BUSY. I volunteer in little Lee's school library on Tuesday & Thursday afternoon. The library has a librarian and an assistant. Today the assistant was not there and there are 3 classes. (Yup, these days, librarian has to teach one class each/week. It's like a mad house :tape:

Little Lee usually takes bus to school but it ended up I have to get up earlier to get him ready to catch the bus. If I drive him, I have about 30 minutes more to sleep.

How's Uni for you?

Lee
10-06-2006, 12:15 AM
They didn't need me tonight, which is good because I forgot that I have an Anthropology exam tomorrow that I need to study for. :o

I'm having all 4 teeth taken out at once. :scared: Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad, I'm just hoping I don't get dry sockets.

One of my wisdom teeth get dry sockets and I had it taken out just before Christmas. I couldn't eat anything for the whole Christmas and had to call my dentist on Dec 26. I was kind enough even when I was in great pain not calling him on Christmas day :tape:

Haute
10-06-2006, 12:21 AM
One of my wisdom teeth get dry sockets and I had it taken out just before Christmas. I couldn't eat anything for the whole Christmas and had to call my dentist on Dec 26. I was kind enough even when I was in great pain not calling him on Christmas day :tape:

That's horrible! :hug: I'm not feeling good about having my teeth taken out now... my brother had dry sockets so bad that not even Vikoden helped. :scared:

Lee
10-06-2006, 12:27 AM
That's horrible! :hug: I'm not feeling good about having my teeth taken out now... my brother had dry sockets so bad that not even Vikoden helped. :scared:

It took me months before the last pain feeling was gone. :scared: Since then, I learned the lesson of not removing a tooth unless it's absolutely necessary. That wisdom tooth was with me for more than 20 years and everything was OK and I let my dentist talked me to remove it. :smash:

Haute
10-06-2006, 12:34 AM
My dentist told me it was better to get my wisdom teeth removed right now before they are a problem for me. Supposedly I'll only be out for a weekend by getting them out now, but we'll see...

So no dry sockets, and no pain after a week at most...that's what I'm aiming for. :lol:

Lee
10-06-2006, 12:39 AM
My dentist told me it was better to get my wisdom teeth removed right now before they are a problem for me. Supposedly I'll only be out for a weekend by getting them out now, but we'll see...

So no dry sockets, and no pain after a week at most...that's what I'm aiming for. :lol:

That's what my dentist told me :tape:

Anyway, Good luck! :hug:

J. Corwin
10-06-2006, 12:43 AM
They love to do this in North America :scared:

BUSY. I volunteer in little Lee's school library on Tuesday & Thursday afternoon. The library has a librarian and an assistant. Today the assistant was not there and there are 3 classes. (Yup, these days, librarian has to teach one class each/week. It's like a mad house :tape:

Little Lee usually takes bus to school but it ended up I have to get up earlier to get him ready to catch the bus. If I drive him, I have about 30 minutes more to sleep.

How's Uni for you?

whoa Lee you sound so stressed :lol: my mom complains that, between me and my two brothers, she's done about 15 years of driving us to school and back and that we so owe it to her one way or the other :p you should say the same thing to little lee ;)

school's going very well...i absolutely kicked ass on all my tests last week, highest in the class for at least two of them :) but we have more tests coming up in about a week :scared:

Lee
10-06-2006, 12:45 AM
whoa Lee you sound so stressed :lol: my mom complains that, between me and my two brothers, she's done about 15 years of driving us to school and back and that we so owe it to her one way or the other :p you should say the same thing to little lee ;)

Oh!! He owes me much more than that..... start from the beginning, 30 hours labour. :tape:

school's going very well...i absolutely kicked ass on all my tests last week, highest in the class for at least two of them :) but we have more tests coming up in about a week :scared:

Everyone hates those kicked ass students :p

Haute
10-06-2006, 12:45 AM
That's what my dentist told me :tape:

Anyway, Good luck! :hug:

Thanks. Sounds like I'm going to need it! :hug:

J. Corwin
10-06-2006, 12:46 AM
My dentist told me it was better to get my wisdom teeth removed right now before they are a problem for me.

That's what my dentist told me as well. :tape:

Haute
10-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Everyone hates those kicked ass students :p

That's why I don't tell the other people in my French class how I do on our exams. :lol: They get really pissed at me when I tell them I got 100%. :p

BTW, is it insanely bright outside for anyone else right now? It's kind of bizarre, quarter to 11 at night and it feels like being outside in the daytime. :eek: I can't even look at the moon it's so bright!

MisterQ
10-06-2006, 02:51 AM
A bit belated, but on the bird flu topic -- this is for you, Randy. ;)

Haute
10-06-2006, 03:00 AM
:haha: That's great!! :haha: I might have to steal that now and put it on my MySpace. :lol:

How are you doing, Q? :wavey:

MisterQ
10-06-2006, 03:10 AM
:) I'm doing well! I've actually been getting some work done, so I feel useful for a change. :lol: How have you been? Doing any relaxing? :zzz:

The original caption when I first saw that photo was "Bird Flu Strikes America!"

Haute
10-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Getting work done is always a good thing...wish I could say the same. :lol:

Nope, no relaxing going on just yet. lol I have an exam that I have to study for tomorrow, and I have to go through an audit tomorrow as well for Pi Sigma Alpha. And then I'm working all weekend, not getting much of a break really. Work is fun, but I'd like to have more than half an hour of downtime working a 9 hour shift. lol

Lee
10-06-2006, 03:40 AM
That's why I don't tell the other people in my French class how I do on our exams. :lol: They get really pissed at me when I tell them I got 100%. :p

Smart boy! :yeah:

BTW, is it insanely bright outside for anyone else right now? It's kind of bizarre, quarter to 11 at night and it feels like being outside in the daytime. :eek: I can't even look at the moon it's so bright!

The moon is supposed to be the brightest and fullest tonight and tomorrow night. It's Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival.

Haute
10-07-2006, 02:50 AM
Alright, so who can honestly tell me that when they first see this headline they think of a football team?

"Nick Lachey Endorses Trojans"

And what is this?!?!? The Tigers are WINNING?!? :eek: :eek:

Haute
10-08-2006, 02:52 AM
The Tigers beat the Yankees! :D :woohoo:

Lee
10-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Little Lee has been a real brat lately. So his computer privilege is gone. Then his Nintendo DS was confiscated. Finally, no more TV for him too. Guess what, now he just reads and reads. *sigh* It's a good thing he reads but he is sooooo immersed that he forgets his bed time. :banghead:

Haute
10-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Sorry to hear that, Lee. :hug: What's he been doing, if you don't mind my asking?

I forgot to tell you guys, I have to go have more bloodwork done tomorrow because there's a problem with my thyroid now. They didn't tell me what the problem is, just that my doctor was concerned by the results that came back on Friday.

Lee
10-11-2006, 06:12 AM
It's pretty late for you, Randy :eek:

Sorry to hear that, Lee. :hug: What's he been doing, if you don't mind my asking?

Obsess with whatever fascinates him for the moment and ignores whatever we asked him to do, like take a shower, go to bed, eat his food, etc etc etc :rolleyes:

I forgot to tell you guys, I have to go have more bloodwork done tomorrow because there's a problem with my thyroid now. They didn't tell me what the problem is, just that my doctor was concerned by the results that came back on Friday.

Hopefully your doctor will figure out what's the problem. :hug:

J. Corwin
10-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Randy :hug::hug::hug:

Haute
10-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Didn't you say once that little Lee has A.D.H.D.? Or has this been unrelated to that and him just being a kid? :p

And apparently there's really no such thing as roaming veins. I was talking to the flabotomist about how my mom has a lot of problems getting her blood drawn, and she said that the real problem is that the people aren't holding down the veins tight enough to get the needle in. If they're doing their job properly then there should be no problem drawing the blood.

Oh, and this could spell trouble, but I've developed a crush on someone I work with and go to college with. :lol:

Lee
10-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Didn't you say once that little Lee has A.D.H.D.? Or has this been unrelated to that and him just being a kid? :p

Yup, but he usually responses if we yelled at him enough. :p
Anyway, he's in a much bigger hole today as I found he lied to me.

And apparently there's really no such thing as roaming veins. I was talking to the flabotomist about how my mom has a lot of problems getting her blood drawn, and she said that the real problem is that the people aren't holding down the veins tight enough to get the needle in. If they're doing their job properly then there should be no problem drawing the blood.

That's technique and you won't find many with good one. :tape:

Oh, and this could spell trouble, but I've developed a crush on someone I work with and go to college with. :lol:

Hmmmmmm...................

Haute
10-11-2006, 05:57 PM
:scared: At least he's never done anything as bad as call 911...not that I know anyone who did that when they were younger....

The funny thing is that he looks very similar to Kendra's ex-boyfriend (who turned out to be gay), AND his name is also Nick, which is the name of Kendra's ex. :lol:

Lee
10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
:scared: At least he's never done anything as bad as call 911...not that I know anyone who did that when they were younger....

Well, calling 911 is out of curiosity for a kid. But hubby and I have emphasized many times in his life that we respect truth from him. That's how we can trust each other. :banghead:

The funny thing is that he looks very similar to Kendra's ex-boyfriend (who turned out to be gay), AND his name is also Nick, which is the name of Kendra's ex. :lol:

You sure not the same person :lol:

Haute
10-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Maybe you just need to instill some fear into him about lying, that'll do the trick. ;)

Noooo....definitely not the same person, I can actually stand the Nick I work with. :roll: I hated Kendra's ex, he was such an ass...plus the one I work with is taller and slimmer than her ex. :p

Lee
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Maybe you just need to instill some fear into him about lying, that'll do the trick. ;)

It's not easy. He's too smart for his own good.

Noooo....definitely not the same person, I can actually stand the Nick I work with. :roll: I hated Kendra's ex, he was such an ass...plus the one I work with is taller and slimmer than her ex. :p

Tall and slim, are you describing yourself :p

Haute
10-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Hmmm, quite the situation you're in then. :hug:

I'm not the only tall and thin person in the world, you know. :lol: He's 2 inches taller than me though, and about a year younger than I am. Take a look for yourself. :p http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=39012274

Lee
10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
You are much better looking than him :tape:

Bagelicious
10-11-2006, 06:42 PM

:yippee: Crushes are fun!

I hope the second round of testing doesn't reveal anything horrible. :unsure: :hug:

:wavey: Lee, sorry to hear little Lee is giving you trouble!

Haute
10-11-2006, 07:23 PM
You are much better looking than him :tape:

He looks better in person. But he's younger than me anyway, which is why it's just a crush. :p But thank you for calling me the better looking one. :D :hug:

Joan!!! :hug: :hug: Where have you been?? Crushes are especially good because it means I'm moving on. ;)

J. Corwin
10-11-2006, 07:56 PM

oh man, my younger brother called 911 twice when he was younger, the police came, and the police eyed my dad really suspiciously when the parentals answered the door and my mom said everything was alright. :lol: They must have thought there was some domestic violence going on and my mom was too afraid to say it in front of my dad or something. :lol:

You're definitely better looking than this guy. ;) But a crush is fun and maybe you can tell him? Some of his pics are hilarious. :rolls:

J. Corwin
10-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Yup, but he usually responses if we yelled at him enough. :p
Anyway, he's in a much bigger hole today as I found he lied to me.

:scared: I don't ever want to get in trouble with you. ;)

Haute
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
oh man, my younger brother called 911 twice when he was younger, the police came, and the police eyed my dad really suspiciously when the parentals answered the door and my mom said everything was alright. :lol: They must have thought there was some domestic violence going on and my mom was too afraid to say it in front of my dad or something. :lol:

The funny thing about when I called was that they were actually on a lunch break (great to know, huh? If you ever have an emergency you better hope they're not on break :roll: ), and then someone called back an hour later and my mom answered the phone. I was in soo much trouble. :lol:

You're definitely better looking than this guy. ;) But a crush is fun and maybe you can tell him? Some of his pics are hilarious. :rolls:

Well you know, that's what I always want for a relationship...to be known as the hot one. :lol: He's a total goof, a lot of fun to work with. :p

J. Corwin
10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
The funny thing about when I called was that they were actually on a lunch break (great to know, huh? If you ever have an emergency you better hope they're not on break :roll: ), and then someone called back an hour later and my mom answered the phone. I was in soo much trouble. :lol:

wtf?!! :lol: I would think they would have a separate shift of workers/officers who would cover for them during that time...ya know, maybe eat lunch at different times. :lol: Scary to think if you actually have an emergency during a donut clearance sale. :rolls:

Lee
10-11-2006, 08:42 PM
wtf?!! :lol: I would think they would have a separate shift of workers/officers who would cover for them during that time...ya know, maybe eat lunch at different times. :lol: Scary to think if you actually have an emergency during a donut clearance sale. :rolls:

That's why there's the joke in Canada. If you want to find a police, go to the nearby donut shop.

Lee
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
:scared: I don't ever want to get in trouble with you. ;)

HA HA!

Haute
10-12-2006, 03:53 AM
I need some serious help...I spent $93 today at work on a new outfit for the concert on Friday. :o I was originally going to spend just $25 so that we got $6K for the day...but that plan went to hell.

Haute
10-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I still can't believe this... it SNOWED today. :eek: And not just little flurries, but almost white-out conditions. :eek:

Lee
10-13-2006, 02:55 AM
I need some serious help...I spent $93 today at work on a new outfit for the concert on Friday. :o I was originally going to spend just $25 so that we got $6K for the day...but that plan went to hell.

Have you read my shopaholic thread? :o

I still can't believe this... it SNOWED today. :eek: And not just little flurries, but almost white-out conditions. :eek:

I miss the SNOW!!!!!!!

Haute
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I usually like snow, but not when it's happening in the beginning of October. :eek: I like in Michigan, not Siberia! lol

So things aren't getting any better, got the latest blood results back today. :sad: I have to go now to get a scan on the 23rd...if there's still a problem after that I might need surgery. :scared:

J. Corwin
10-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Did they find something wrong with the thyroid? :(
:hug: Much better to find out about it and have it dealt with before it gets worse. :hug:

Haute
10-14-2006, 06:32 AM
I can't remember the name of the hormone that is produced by the thyroid, but I have an elevated level of it in my body. I'll probably know more after my doctor's appointment on Wednesday.

I can die a happy person though after tonight...I got a hug from Regina Spektor at the concert!! :eek: I wish we would have brought our cameras (even though they were forbidden) so I could have proof of this, but oh well! I'm ecstatic!! :D :D :D

Haute
10-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Didn't have the doctor's appointment today, it's been rescheduled for next week after I have the ultrasound done.

And now I'm going back to studying again. See you guys, sometime next week maybe? We have a floorset this weekend at work, so I'm working the majority of it. :sad:

Haute
11-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Didn't want to take up Q's thread, so here's an update on what's been going on for me.

I've been working 25-30 hours a week for about the past month, the Regina concert was the last time I really had any free time before this week (and I've spent most of this week off doing nothing but watching DVDs :p)
I've had a number of exams and papers to contend with as well, stressing but it's been worth it for the grades I've gotten.
I got married.
My new mission is to bag Anderson Cooper one day. :lol:
I'm still waiting to hear back on it, but I've applied to go on an interview with the Vice President of GAP in San Francisco.
Not really been keeping me busy, but it's good to tell anyway. :p Found out this week that my sister is pregnant again. :D
Thyroid problems still continuing. I've had 2 more blood tests done, an ultrasound, and a nuclear scan done as well (I was radioactive for a day! lol). I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, but I'm going to have to see a specialist still in December.
Scheduled my surgery to get my wisdom teeth removed.
Been dealing with the pain in the ass that is Student Government at U of M, and making sure our inductions last week got funded (which they did, thank god!).
And I've been applying to study abroad this spring in China. :)

Oh yeah, and still being awkward as hell around Nick whenever I work. :lol: I did better on Sunday though, actually had a full conversation with him and not just one sentence here, one sentence there. lol
Kind of related to that although not really because it's the exact opposite. But with the book I'm reading now, some of the movies I've watched this week, and the new music I've been finding this week, I've come to the conclusion that deep down I really don't want a relationship; not now, not ever. People end up disappointing you, and I (obviously) can't handle it well. Plus I think I'll get to have a lot more fun being spiteful. lol

J. Corwin
11-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Didn't want to take up Q's thread, so here's an update on what's been going on for me.

I've been working 25-30 hours a week for about the past month, the Regina concert was the last time I really had any free time before this week (and I've spent most of this week off doing nothing but watching DVDs :p)
I've had a number of exams and papers to contend with as well, stressing but it's been worth it for the grades I've gotten.
I got married.
My new mission is to bag Anderson Cooper one day. :lol:
I'm still waiting to hear back on it, but I've applied to go on an interview with the Vice President of GAP in San Francisco.
Not really been keeping me busy, but it's good to tell anyway. :p Found out this week that my sister is pregnant again. :D
Thyroid problems still continuing. I've had 2 more blood tests done, an ultrasound, and a nuclear scan done as well (I was radioactive for a day! lol). I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, but I'm going to have to see a specialist still in December.
Scheduled my surgery to get my wisdom teeth removed.
Been dealing with the pain in the ass that is Student Government at U of M, and making sure our inductions last week got funded (which they did, thank god!).
And I've been applying to study abroad this spring in China. :)

Oh yeah, and still being awkward as hell around Nick whenever I work. :lol: I did better on Sunday though, actually had a full conversation with him and not just one sentence here, one sentence there. lol
Kind of related to that although not really because it's the exact opposite. But with the book I'm reading now, some of the movies I've watched this week, and the new music I've been finding this week, I've come to the conclusion that deep down I really don't want a relationship; not now, not ever. People end up disappointing you, and I (obviously) can't handle it well. Plus I think I'll get to have a lot more fun being spiteful. lol

wow, you could start a soap opera on your life :lol: you've been hella busy! So who are you married to, I'm confused :p Good luck on the blood tests and doctor and dentist visits. :hug: You know how horrible my wisdom tooth pulling experience was. ;)

Haute
11-10-2006, 05:13 AM
My wife's name is Zoë. She's Jewish, I'm Catholic, she's straight, I'm gay...it all works out nicely. Now that's soap opera material right there. :lol:

Everything is true though, I really have applied to interview with the VP GAP and I'm just waiting on the scholarships now to study in Beijing this spring. :)

How have things been going for you? :)

J. Corwin
11-10-2006, 05:50 AM
How long have you known her and how did all of this happen all of a sudden??!! Or have you been engaged and been holding out on us all this time :lol:

I'm good :) Just started going steady with someone and passed the friends with benefits stage. ;) Juggling spending time with her, working at my dad's company, school, and tutoring. Sorry, not quite soap opera stuff. :lol:

Lee
11-10-2006, 07:58 PM
OK! I can't handle this, Randy!

If you want to give more detail about your life, go ahead. And I can only come up with one reason why you're married.

Anyway, good luck with your interview and your health.

And congratulation to your sister.

:hug: :smooch: :kiss:

Haute
11-10-2006, 10:42 PM
:rolls: Well, it was a drunk night in Vegas the night we got a marriage. Is that the one explanation that you have? :lol: But basically we got a marriage because we were both wondering about going to get a divorce in French. I think we're getting divorced soon so that she can run off to the Caymen Islands with her lesbian lover. :rolls: That, and we can't agree on the fashion company we're going to start up. :p

My doctor explained everything to me that's going on, it's bizarre. But I'm going to have to go see another doctor to have a scan done of my eyes to make sure there's nothing pressing up against my eyes to cause my vision to go blurry. And then more blood tests in 2 weeks to see where I'm at. It's all a pain, but I'm starting to get answers at least.

@Jace: If it's not a soap opera you're not trying hard enough. :lol:

MisterQ
11-10-2006, 10:56 PM
:rolls: Well, it was a drunk night in Vegas the night we got a marriage. Is that the one explanation that you have? :lol: But basically we got a marriage because we were both wondering about going to get a divorce in French. I think we're getting divorced soon so that she can run off to the Caymen Islands with her lesbian lover. :rolls: That, and we can't agree on the fashion company we're going to start up. :p

My doctor explained everything to me that's going on, it's bizarre. But I'm going to have to go see another doctor to have a scan done of my eyes to make sure there's nothing pressing up against my eyes to cause my vision to go blurry. And then more blood tests in 2 weeks to see where I'm at. It's all a pain, but I'm starting to get answers at least.

@Jace: If it's not a soap opera you're not trying hard enough. :lol:

Thanks for the update.

Much of it seems like "The Young and the Restless" --- but some of it is "General Hospital" :lol: :hug:

Haute
11-10-2006, 11:24 PM
More like the French version of The Young and the Restless. :p We have too much fun in that class. lol

How are you doing, Q? :wavey:

Lee
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Good that you have fun out of the "marriage" :p

Haute
11-16-2006, 04:52 AM
Yes, it's been a lot of fun, but I think it's over now. :lol: Lawyers are getting involved to discuss this pre-nup that she doesn't remember signing. :rolls:

Things aren't really getting better with the whole thyroid issue. My doctor said that it's part of a cycle, and hopefully in a few weeks everything should be okay. If the bloodwork at that time comes back normal then everything will be fine. In the mean time, she's going to send me to an eye specialist to have an MRI done on my head to make sure there is nothing pressing on my eyes to cause my vision to go blurry from time to time.

Lee
11-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Hopefully everything is fine with your "brain" ;)

J. Corwin
11-16-2006, 04:02 PM
yeah, what Lee said ;)

Haute
11-16-2006, 05:03 PM
My brain will never be fine. :lol:

My weekend pretty much started today. Both my classes were cancelled, and somehow for tomorrow I got scheduled for 10-2, so I'm not going to class tomorrow either. :p

J. Corwin
11-17-2006, 01:53 AM
Let's hope you haven't knocked up your "wife". :lol:

Haute
11-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Unless she drugged me, as fas as I know it hasn't been consumated. :lol:

Lee
11-17-2006, 01:23 PM
:spit: You should go for an annulment instead of divorce :scratch:

Or is that you're getting?

cobalt60
11-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh Randy I missed you :( I can't quite figure out about the "marriage" thingie but ok........
The MRI scan is a good thing if all the other tests can't pinpoint why you are having thyroid troubles. They are specifically looking at the pituitary gland.
Hope you enjoyed the music CD's :hug:

Haute
11-17-2006, 07:48 PM
:spit: You should go for an annulment instead of divorce :scratch:

Or is that you're getting?

Well, we are thinking about going to get our divorce, could do an annulment. But we don't know how to say annulment in French, so that defeats the purpose right there. :rolls:

Sue! :hug: Thank you so much for the cds! :hug: I just bought tickets an hour ago in fact for Imogen's concert next month. :D Jonatha Brooke is very nice, I like Lullaby and How Deep is Your Love. :) The marriage thing is a long story. :lol:

Creepiness today. Finally had someone hit on me today. Woo. :lol: But it was very creepy how it went down. It was the guy who works at the Starbucks at Barnes & Noble, I think I said something the one time I went in there about working at AE. He remembered that and came in today and was talking to me for about 10 minutes...I kept trying to edge away from him to get back to what I was doing, but couldn't. Thankfully Holly, who I work with, came in right then and saved me from him. I go about doing my stuff, ringing people up, I see him come in again. Not only did he remember where I work, but he remembered what I ordered the one time I came in. :eek: He brought me coffee...you don't do that when you've only met someone once! I didn't take it, but thinking back now I think he wrote a note on the lid, I don't know. I just know that I was disturbed by it and couldn't concentrate when I went back to the cash wrap. I tried doing a return and couldn't even remember what I was doing. :lol: I didn't want to leave when I finished because I thought he was going to be waiting for me, luckily he wasn't, but I decided to get on my cell phone just in case and called my friend Ashley.

Ughghg...

cobalt60
11-18-2006, 01:10 AM
I missed you again it seems. Sorry about the creepiness. Be careful please. :hug: Glad you liked JB. I think you would like her previous CD better if you liked Lulluby. If I get the chance I will burn her previous two and get them to you. You know how long it will take me though. :lol:

Haute
11-19-2006, 01:31 AM
I had my manager walk me out tonight because I'm still creeped out by this guy. The worst part is that he works near the mall so I never know if I'm going to run into him. :scared: I brought mace today though. :lol:

I'm in no hurry to get the cds, I feel like I should burn a couple for you for all the ones you're making for me. Do you need any? lol

Lee
11-19-2006, 02:23 AM
:scared: Be careful :hug:

Haute
11-19-2006, 03:03 AM
Thanks, Lee. :hug: I think I should be okay since nothing happened yesterday or tonight. It's still just a little unnerving though.

J. Corwin
11-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Aw poor guy, maybe he just wanted to get some :aplot: Maybe he thinks you're possibly interested in him too? :lol:

Haute
11-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Well hopefully me rejecting his coffee conveyed that I'm not interested. :lol:

cobalt60
11-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Randy hi there bud :kiss:

Haute
11-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Hi Sue! :hug: How are you doing?

cobalt60
11-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Doing great. Tomorrow is the last day of my vacation though. Back to the work routine along with everything else I do :lol: No complaining though;)
Thanks for the offer of music but I am ok. I have a great music library. And I really don't mind making CD's. Not a big deal really.
I assume you are still in school? Or are you out for Thanksgiving? What year are you in btw? Funny I think it was you I talked with concerning the Ladies Detective Agency books written by Alexander McCall Smith. The other day I was in the grocery store and came across the Red Bush Tea she drinks. I just had to buy a box. It was very nice. Relaxing herbal tea. ;)

Haute
11-20-2006, 01:09 AM
You must not get a lot of time off for Thanksgiving then if you're returning from vacation.

I'm still in school for a few more weeks. I have class tomorrow and Tuesday, and then have Wed-Friday off. I'm not looking forward to working the day after Thanksgiving though. :eek: I'll be a Senior after this semester, but I'll still have another year to go before I'm finished.

cobalt60
11-20-2006, 01:32 AM
I needed to take vacations or else I lose them where I work. And because I have patients scheduled out forever it is hard to rearrange things sometimes. So last week and then another week in Dec. I have Thursday off for thanksgiving but we work the day after. Radiation is daily treatments but when holidays occur you still want to deliver at least 4 per week if possible. I go to my sister's but my partner takes call since he stays here. I take Xmas call so he can go out of state. It seems to work this way. Ok I am off to read and sleep. Be well. Stay safe and be careful out there;)