Tennis travel: Estoril in April? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis travel: Estoril in April?

tigerz
01-24-2004, 07:54 PM
My wife and I are planning a trip this spring. She’s been wanting to visit Spain and Portugal for ages, and I’ve been wanting to go to see a live tournament. So we’ve settled on going in mid-April and catching the Estoril Open in Portugal. Has anyone been to this event, or to this region? We’ll probably spend time in Barcelona, Madrid, and Lisbon, as well as doing some driving in the country areas. I’d love any recommendations on places to stay, things to see and do. Wouldn’t hurt if you know of hotels with particularly good courts, either – got to keep in shape, after all. We’ll be booking everything by the end of the month.
All I’m worried about now is that the tournament itself is April 12-18, and we’ll probably be in Europe from at least the 10th to the 20th – tax time! I usually wait till the very last minute, but I guess I can’t do that this year, huh?
Anthony

amwhatiam
01-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Lisbon is a great city. I’ve heard some nice things about the Palacio Estoril, never stayed there, though. They do have tennis courts. I’d type estoril and travel into google, bet you’d get a lot of hits.
I always do the taxes early, online at Taxbrain.com, that way I get the return asap.

Ron