Back to the Clay...........Cheering for David in Båstad, Stuttgart and Umag [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Back to the Clay...........Cheering for David in Båstad, Stuttgart and Umag

Pages : 1 [2]

alisia
07-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm not complaining:angel:

He was looking very ehhhhhhh ........ healthy.:D

Healthy that's a new one :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
07-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Healthy that's a new one :rolleyes:

But he was.:p

I'm gonna be able to watch tomorrows final too!:bounce: :bounce:

My least favorite against the most beautiful boy on the tour. He better win this one. Do you think mama Ferrer and girlfriend will be there? They didn't even show Sr. Piles today.:sad:

alisia
07-14-2007, 06:34 PM
But he was.:p

I'm gonna be able to watch tomorrows final too!:bounce: :bounce:

My least favorite against the most beautiful boy on the tour. He better win this one. Do you think mama Ferrer and girlfriend will be there? They didn't even show Sr. Piles today.:sad:

:ras:

I think Javi will be the only one there to give him a hug when he wins :D

FerrersLinda
07-14-2007, 06:41 PM
:ras:

I think Javi will be the only one there to give him a hug when he wins :D

I would like to be the sandwich filling.:devil:

alisia
07-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I would like to be the sandwich filling.:devil:

:speakles:

alisia
07-14-2007, 07:10 PM
From Yahoo

BASTAD, Sweden (AFP) -

Second seed David Ferrer set up an all-Spanish final showdown with compatriot Nicolas Almagro at the ATP Bastad clay court tournament on Saturday.

Ferrer, 25, ousted fifth-seeded Italian Filippo Volandri 6-2, 6-1 after an hour on court as Almagro battled past fourth seeded compatriot and former French Open champion Carlos Moya 6-3, 1-6, 6-2 in just under two hours.

Fifteenth-ranked Ferrer overpowered Volandri and enters the final as the favourite having beaten world number 37 Almagro in both their previous meetings, on hard court surfaces, at last year's US Open and in Cincinnati.

"I'm so surprised it was so easy today," admitted Ferrer. "Volandri couldn't seem to play his best tennis today.

"Tomorrow it will probably be a difficult match because Nicolas has a very good service and plays good on the base lines. I'll have to run a very good match."

Ferrer has won three titles in his career with his last coming in Auckland earlier this year. He will be competing in his seventh final.

Almagro, 21, is eyeing his second ATP title of the season and third of his career after winning his second straight Valencia title in April.

RogiFan88
07-15-2007, 04:26 AM
Wow! VAMOS, FERRU! Time to take Bastad!!! ;)

Invisible
07-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Vamos David :yippee:

alisia
07-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Ferrer, Almagro to Contest All-Spanish Final
© AFP/Getty Images
World No. 15 David Ferrer and Nicolas Almagro (pictured) will both look to win their second ATP title of the year in the first all-Spanish Catella Swedish Open final of the Open Era (since 1968) on Sunday.

Ferrer captured his third career ATP crown in Auckland (d. Robredo) in January, while Almagro successfully defended his Valencia title (d. Starace) in April.

The pair met two times at ATP Masters Series Cincinnati and the US Open last year, with Ferrer winning both times. Final Head-to-Head

The 25-year-old Ferrer improved to 19-23 against Italian opponents, after he defeated No. 5 seed Filippo Volandri 6-2, 6-1 in 66 minutes.

Ferrer is now second on the ATP circuit this season for the most clay-court wins, behind World No. 2 Rafael Nadal (26-1). Ferrer is 18-5 on red dirt this season.

The Valencia resident is now 36-13 this year ahead of his seventh appearance in an ATP final.

alisia
07-15-2007, 01:47 PM
First set to David 6-1 :worship: he had 3bp in the game Almagro held as well :D

RogiRafaFan86
07-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Way to go David! Bastad Champion! 6-1, 6-2! Now onto Stuttgart!

alisia
07-15-2007, 02:18 PM
:bounce: :woohoo: David wins 6-1 6-2 :woohoo: :bounce:

He beat Almagro is just 68 mins :eek:

~EMiLiTA~
07-15-2007, 02:25 PM
congrats David :)

alisia
07-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Ferrer outclasses compatriot Almagro

David Ferrer outclassed his Spanish compatriot Nicolas Almagro in the Swedish Open final, winning 6-1 6-2 to clinch his fourth career title.

It was the second seed's third win over Almagro in as many meetings but the first on clay. Last year, Ferrer beat Almagro at the Cincinnati Masters and the US Open.

Ferrer took command from the start by forcing an impatient Almagro into long rallies, breaking him in the opening game and again to 4-1 and 6-1.

Almagro, whose usually good serving let him down, was broken again as Ferrero went 2-0 up in the second set before wrapping up victory in one hour eight minutes.

"I played good today and very focused. I played focused here all week," said Ferrer.

The win was the second title this year for the 25-year-old Ferrer, who also won in Auckland in January.

Ferrer next travels to Stuttgart, where he will be the defending champion.

Invisible
07-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Congrats David!!!:bounce:

*Ljubica*
07-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Well done David :) And thanks for the great pics Ali.

FerrersLinda
07-15-2007, 04:51 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He won!!!!!! I just watched the final and he played really good. Very relaxed and with loads of patience. He waited for Almagro to make the mistakes which wasn't difficult I have to say that. Almagro brought nothing. But David played great.:D

alisia
07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

He won!!!!!! I just watched the final and he played really good. Very relaxed and with loads of patience. He waited for Almagro to make the mistakes which wasn't difficult I have to say that. Almagro brought nothing. But David played great.:D

So did you see Javi :D

At least he won't will be too tired for Stutgart seeing as he's barely spent a hour on court all week :cool:

alisia
07-15-2007, 07:02 PM
I guess one question's been answered :D

I played good today and very focused... For focus, this is perhaps the best week I have ever had," said Ferrer, who is good friends with Almagro on the tour and practised with him and Almagro's coach Antonio Gonzalez during the week.

"We did some warming up together before the match ... Maybe Nicolas was a little bit nervous today.

"I came alone to the tournament without my coach [Javier Piles] so Antonio helped me out a little during the week," said Ferrer."Not for the final, though," he added with a smile.

The Bastad win was the second title this year for 25-year-old Ferrer, who also won in Auckland in January.

Ferrer next travels to Stuttgart, where he will be the defending champion.

"I haven't looked at it [the competition] yet, I'll just enjoy this win today."

LaTenista
07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
:woohoo:

But that trophy is so weird looking :silly:

I didn't watch :sad: but I bought Swedish cookies and flat bread that I've been eating this week. :angel:

Time to go to the grocery in search of something German. :p

FerrersLinda
07-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Like you and David said, no Javier.:sad: He was probably spending some quality time with another woman.:hysteric:

Isa I love the way that trophy looks. I think it's a deer holding a big bowl. Makes sense to me.;)

anna10
07-16-2007, 02:51 PM
This was on and I had no idea! This puts me in an even worse mood now.

Very happy for David's win though, I like the trophy, and thought it was just my eyes when I kept thinking it looked like an animal holding a big bowl.

Good luck now in Stuttgart!

FerrersLinda
07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
This was on and I had no idea! This puts me in an even worse mood now.

Very happy for David's win though, I like the trophy, and thought it was just my eyes when I kept thinking it looked like an animal holding a big bowl.

Good luck now in Stuttgart!

Foxsport showed it here in Costa Rica but I don't know which channel aired it in the US.:shrug: Don't let missing it put you in a bad mood though because it was far from the most exciting beautiful final I've ever seen. But you did of course miss the gorgeous Sr. Ferrer.;)

anna10
07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Foxsport showed it here in Costa Rica but I don't know which channel aired it in the US.:shrug: Don't let missing it put you in a bad mood though because it was far from the most exciting beautiful final I've ever seen. But you did of course miss the gorgeous Sr. Ferrer.;)

I suppose I could have managed, even with less-than-thrilling tennis.

alisia
07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
(Court 1) EnBW - Matches Start At: 11:00am

Stefan KOUBEK (AUT) vs Jose ACASUSO (ARG)
followed by
Tomas BERDYCH (CZE) vs Nicolas LAPENTTI (ECU)
followed by
Lukas LACKO (SVK) vs David FERRER (ESP)
followed by
Frantisek CERMAK (CZE)/Leos FRIEDL (CZE) vs Herbert JERICH (AUT)/Patrick SCHMOLZER (AUT)
followed by
Martin GARCIA (ARG)/Sebastian PRIETO (ARG) vs Jaroslav LEVINSKY (CZE)/David SKOCH (CZE)

FerrersLinda
07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
(Court 1) EnBW - Matches Start At: 11:00am

Stefan KOUBEK (AUT) vs Jose ACASUSO (ARG)
followed by
Tomas BERDYCH (CZE) vs Nicolas LAPENTTI (ECU)
followed by
Lukas LACKO (SVK) vs David FERRER (ESP)
followed by
Frantisek CERMAK (CZE)/Leos FRIEDL (CZE) vs Herbert JERICH (AUT)/Patrick SCHMOLZER (AUT)
followed by
Martin GARCIA (ARG)/Sebastian PRIETO (ARG) vs Jaroslav LEVINSKY (CZE)/David SKOCH (CZE)

Ahah the world famous Lukas Lacko. Good luck David, you're gonna need it.

;)

Sommarsverige
07-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I am so happy that David won Båstad :bounce: :bounce:

I was there yesterday and watched the final :) Maybe it was a bit one-sided match, but I prefered David winning in very straight sets to being afraid that Almagro could win the match.

Of course I have taken some David pics during the ceremony and I will post them here when they are developped!

FerrersLinda
07-16-2007, 08:48 PM

I was there yesterday and watched the final :) Maybe it was a bit one-sided match, but I prefered David winning in very straight sets to being afraid that Almagro could win the match.

Of course I have taken some David pics during the ceremony and I will post them here when they are developped!

:wavey:

I was looking for you in the crowd yesterday. But there were about a million blonde girls there so very hard to find you.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'll be waiting patiently for the pics.:angel:

*Ljubica*
07-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Birte :wavey: Thanks for dropping by, and glad you enjoyed Båstad. Look forward to the pics when you have time to do them. Btw - I might be going to Stockholm again this year :) Are you going?

Sommarsverige
07-16-2007, 09:33 PM

I was looking for you in the crowd yesterday. But there were about a million blonde girls there so very hard to find you.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'll be waiting patiently for the pics.:angel:

;) I am sure it would have been difficult to find me, though I was very lucky and had a great seat in the 5th row behind David :) A friend from me could only watch the doubles final, cos he then had to catch the train, so he gave me his ticket :)

Rosie, I would like to go to Stockholm again, but because of work I normally can´t go to either Stockholm, Madrid or Paris :( But I have decided to ask my boss about one week, and this has to be Madrid for me ;) I don´t think Tommy would play in Stockholm (don´t know if he ever did...), so I have to hope for Madrid :) So you are not going to Madrid then?

FerrersLinda
07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
;) I am sure it would have been difficult to find me, though I was very lucky and had a great seat in the 5th row behind David :) A friend from me could only watch the doubles final, cos he then had to catch the train, so he gave me his ticket :)

That was a great seat. But no wonder I didn't see you because we had commercial breaks during the change overs. And also when David is on my screen I'm blind for anything or anybody else.:angel:

alisia
07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
That was a great seat. But no wonder I didn't see you because we had commercial breaks during the change overs. And also when David is on my screen I'm blind for anything or anybody else.:angel:

except the trophy :p

Birte we're not jealous realy :sad:

*Ljubica*
07-17-2007, 06:30 AM

Rosie, I would like to go to Stockholm again, but because of work I normally can´t go to either Stockholm, Madrid or Paris :( But I have decided to ask my boss about one week, and this has to be Madrid for me ;) I don´t think Tommy would play in Stockholm (don´t know if he ever did...), so I have to hope for Madrid :) So you are not going to Madrid then?

Yes I will go to Madrid :) I can have 2 weeks' leave in October, so it will either be Stockholm and Madrid, or Madrid and Basel depending on JM's schedule. If I was really brave I would do all 3 (last half of Stockholm, all of Madrid, and beginning of Basel!) but that might be too much hassle and expense with the travelling! I want to see JM, David, Tommy and Dima - so it will take some juggling, though all four will obviously be in Madrid barring injuries.

LaTenista
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
You're so lucky Rosie. If I stay at this job I won't even accrue any PTO until around New Year's. :(

I'm having the hardest time setting up this interview - the interviewer will be coming from Columbus on the 26th and 27th only and I've got to work 9-6 both days. :rolleyes:

I see David is up an early break but I must be off to work. :wavey:

alisia
07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Nice easy win for David 6-2 6-2 :bounce:

*Ljubica*
07-17-2007, 05:04 PM
You're so lucky Rosie. If I stay at this job I won't even accrue any PTO until around New Year's. :(

I'm having the hardest time setting up this interview - the interviewer will be coming from Columbus on the 26th and 27th only and I've got to work 9-6 both days. :rolleyes:

I see David is up an early break but I must be off to work. :wavey:

Isa :hug: And I think that's why most Europeans couldn't live and work in the States! Everyone in the UK gets at least 20-25 says holiday a year from the very start (plus Public Holidays like Easter, Christmas etc), and mainland Europe get much more than us! We tend to thnk the paltry amount you get in America is almost inhuman :eek: Good luck with your interviews. Oh - and well done David :)

alisia
07-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Ferrer Carries Hot Form into Stuttgart

Defending champion David Ferrer continued his sizzling clay court form Tuesday to race into the second round of the MercedesCup with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Slovak qualifier Lukas Lacko. Fourth-seeded Ferrer last week took the clay-court title in Bastad, winning four of his five matches for the loss of three games or less. Ferrer next meets fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco.

alisia
07-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Order of Play - Wednesday, July 18, 2007

CENTRE COURT - Matches Start At: 12:30 PM

Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG) vs Boris PASHANSKI (SRB)
Not Before 2:15 PM
Jiri VANEK (CZE) vs Gael MONFILS (FRA)
followed by
David FERRER (ESP) vs Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)
followed by
Petr PALA (CZE)/Pavel VIZNER (CZE) vs Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER)/Stefan KOUBEK (AUT)

FerrersLinda
07-17-2007, 09:38 PM
:clap2: Yeah David, well done!:clap2:

Verdasco again.:rolleyes:

Isa good luck with your interviews.:)

LaTenista
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
:shrug: Left another two VMs trying to work something out for that interview.

I had a VM from someone else interested me as well and the message said the person was out for the day. :rolleyes:

Things at work were a bit better I think and I finally got to field and take some calls - all our "customers" are internal so it's quite a different experience. :)

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 08:30 PM
David lost 7-5, 6-3 and nobody even mentions it here.:sad:

Congrats to Fernando but wtf David?:confused: Verdasco is in his head.:eek:

alisia
07-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I've just got home & I'm not happy because Notts got thrashed by Kent in the 1/8finals & then I find out muppet boy lost :mad: How the hell can he lose to Verdasco :fiery:

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I've just got home & I'm not happy because Notts got thrashed by Kent in the 1/8finals & then I find out muppet boy lost :mad: How the hell can he lose to Verdasco :fiery:

You make more unforced errors and less winners than Verdasco.:shrug: I know, it's very sad.:awww:

alisia
07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
You make more unforced errors and less winners than Verdasco.:shrug: I know, it's very sad.:awww:

But to lose so early & to Verdasco :mad: Oh my god I'll get a bad rep for saying that :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
But to lose so early & to Verdasco :mad: Oh my god I'll get a bad rep for saying that :rolleyes:

I'm sure David was just tired from winning Bastad. Even though his matches there weren't hard, there's still the mental stress of getting to the final etc. I'm sure he'll be fine next week in beautiful Umag.

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 09:11 PM

You will, you bad girl.:p

I don't know, we all know Verdasco has the ability to play very good. But I'm curious too, so I'm gonna go to our friends of ATP and pull the stats for this match.

I'm sure David was just tired from winning Bastad. Even though his matches there weren't hard, there's still the mental stress of getting to the final etc. I'm sure he'll be fine next week in beautiful Umag.

True, but I really felt his form was amazing. And his R1 match confirmed that he still had it and didn't leave it on the floor of some bar in Bastad.

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Okay, well the stats say it all really. 5 double faults have never helped somebody win a match. He was also serving at 62% in the 1st(not to bad) and at a horrendous 44% in the 2nd. Against 88%:eek: and 77% from Verdasco. He was returning crap too, which as we all know is the key to the Ferrer way. So all in all, going by the stats he played crap and Verdasco played pretty great.:awww:

alisia
07-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Okay, well the stats say it all really. 5 double faults have never helped somebody win a match. He was also serving at 62% in the 1st(not to bad) and at a horrendous 44% in the 2nd. Against 88%:eek: and 77% from Verdasco. He was returning crap too, which as we all know is the key to the Ferrer way. So all in all, going by the stats he played crap and Verdasco played pretty great.:awww:

:eek: He was serving at well over 70% last week. Obviously it's Javi's presence he needs to stay at home with the little woman more often :o

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 09:54 PM
:eek: He was serving at well over 70% last week. Obviously it's Javi's presence he needs to stay at home with the little woman more often :o

Little woman:rolleyes: :haha:

And we take turns training David?:aplot:

alisia
07-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Little woman:rolleyes: :haha:

And we take turns training David?:aplot:

I thought you'd like that ;) Obviously it wasn't Rosie keeping him occupied because she's moved onto Mr T :D

I don't know if I'd be able to cope with him throwing temper tantrums thou because the urge to slap him would be huge :o

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 10:14 PM
I thought you'd like that ;) Obviously it wasn't Rosie keeping him occupied because she's moved onto Mr T :D

I don't know if I'd be able to cope with him throwing temper tantrums thou because the urge to slap him would be huge :o

Isn't that great. She likes Mr. T. and I get Mr. P. all to myself. Except for the little woman of course.:lol:

Who says a little slapping will hurt him? I see it as an integral part of training him to become the world number one.:devil:

alisia
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Isn't that great. She likes Mr. T. and I get Mr. P. all to myself. Except for the little woman of course.:lol:

Who says a little slapping will hurt him? I see it as an integral part of training him to become the world number one.:devil:

Can we also put him on a rack to make him a little taller & find him a decent serve :o I'll let you slap him I think I may hurt him if I did it :eek:

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Can we also put him on a rack to make him a little taller & find him a decent serve :o I'll let you slap him I think I may hurt him if I did it :eek:

Obviously you haven't seen my killer forehand.:devil: So what, lets hurt him a bit. Don't think we should make him a little taller. I like him like this.:D His serve.....I have to admit I was working on getting more topspin on my service this morning and I wasn't quite succeeding. But I can scream at him and tell him to hit it harder, HARDER, HARDER:mad: :devil:

alisia
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Obviously you haven't seen my killer forehand.:devil: So what, lets hurt him a bit. Don't think we should make him a little taller. I like him like this.:D His serve.....I have to admit I was working on getting more topspin on my service this morning and I wasn't quite succeeding. But I can scream at him and tell him to hit it harder, HARDER, HARDER:mad: :devil:

But don't you think him being a couple of inches taller would help :confused: I can shout at him I'm very good at doing that :angel: As for his serve I think we need to pray for a miricle :p

Aren't you glad he doesn't read this forum :o

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 10:39 PM
But don't you think him being a couple of inches taller would help :confused: I can shout at him I'm very good at doing that :angel: As for his serve I think we need to pray for a miricle :p

Aren't you glad he doesn't read this forum :o

Being taller sure helps one serve harder, but I think with David it's more of a aiming problem. We could put pictures of Soderling on different places of the service box and tell him to aim for the Toad.:devil:

I'm not completely convinced he doesn't read this. You have seen his slightly suspicions looks our way at RG.:rolleyes:

alisia
07-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Being taller sure helps one serve harder, but I think with David it's more of a aiming problem. We could put pictures of Soderling on different places of the service box and tell him to aim for the Toad.:devil:

I'm not completely convinced he doesn't read this. You have seen his slightly suspicions looks our way at RG.:rolleyes:

Maybe pictures of Fer would be better at the moment :D

Well if he does he knows we love him & only want the best for him :devil: but I think it's more of a a case he recognises us as being his faithful stalkers :angel:

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Maybe pictures of Fer would be better at the moment :D

Well if he does he knows we love him & only want the best for him :devil: but I think it's more of a a case he recognises us as being his faithful stalkers :angel:

No, pictures of Fer will be no good. He likes Fer eventhough he's lost to him the last two times. (so that's the way to keep the Nando-chicas happy;) ) I'm sure Soderling will work best.

Of course David knows we love him and only want the best for him. He also knows we are realists and don't sugarcoat things. So he respects us for our honesty and loyalty.:angel: He just gets a little nervous when we are around.

And he only has two real fans so he better not piss us off.:devil:

alisia
07-18-2007, 10:57 PM
No, pictures of Fer will be no good. He likes Fer eventhough he's lost to him the last two times. (so that's the way to keep the Nando-chicas happy;) ) I'm sure Soderling will work best.

Of course David knows we love him and only want the best for him. He also knows we are realists and don't sugarcoat things. So he respects us for our honesty and loyalty.:angel: He just gets a little nervous when we are around.

And he only has two real fans so he better not piss us off.:devil:

OK pictures of the Toad but we don't want to give him nightmares :o

I'd be nervous if I was him too :angel: And if he pisses us off who will there be to tell people who he is :confused:

FerrersLinda
07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
OK pictures of the Toad but we don't want to give him nightmares :o

I'd be nervous if I was him too :angel: And if he pisses us off who will there be to tell people who he is :confused:

Agreed. So only a few vague pictures of the Toad.:)

Nervousness makes him perform better. Exactly, most of my friends now know who David Ferrer is. He's very famous in Costa Rica.:D

alisia
07-19-2007, 11:25 AM
David's interview from after yesterdays match

Ferrer: "He played very well and I was also a little bit tired. It was a little bit difficult to come to terms with the altitude, especially in combination with his topspin. I am disappointed right now but I still have a lot of confidence. I have to learn from matches like this.

"I had good memories from here winning last year but every year is different. Now I have to work hard and focus on next week."

*Ljubica*
07-21-2007, 09:09 PM
So time to move on........... David is now in the beautiful resort of Umag - one of the most beautiful stops on the ATP tour in my opinion :) And here is the draw:-

(1) DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG v QUALIFIER
HANESCU, Victor ROU v (8) TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB

(3) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO v PAVEL, Andrei ROU
(SE) HAASE, Robin NED v MANTILLA, Felix ESP
ZVEREV, Mischa GER v SERRA, Florent FRA
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v (7) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA

(6) MOYA, Carlos ESP v (WC) WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
(WC) BELIC, Luka CRO v QUALIFIER
ROGER-VASSELIN, Edouard FRA v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
MONTANES, Albert ESP v (4) FERRER, David ESP

(5) CANAS, Guillermo ARG v (WC) KARANUSIC, Roko CRO
GAUDIO, Gaston ARG v RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP
CILIC, Marin CRO v MONTCOURT, Mathieu FRA
SIMON, Gilles FRA v (2) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

alisia
07-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Ooop for Tuesday

Matches on all courts start at 5pm CET

Grandstand
Albert Montanes ESP vs David Ferrer ESP
followed by
Lukas Dlouhy CZE vs Filippo Volandri ITA
followed by
Robin Haase NED vs Felix Mantilla ESP

RogiFan88
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Vamos, David!!!

less than two weeks to Montreal... ;)

I'm still happy he won Bastad!!

alisia
07-25-2007, 01:33 PM
No. 4 seed and 2002 finalist David Ferrer beat countryman Albert Montanes 6-2, 6-2, winning his 39th match of the season. The 25-year-old Spaniard is one victory away from posting his third straight 40-wins campaign.

alisia
07-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Oop for Thursday

CENTRE COURT - 5:00 PM

Jose ACASUSO (ARG) vs David FERRER (ESP)

Not Before 7:00 PM

Mischa ZVEREV (GER) vs Filippo VOLANDRI (ITA)

followed by

Carlos MOYA (ESP) vs Pere RIBA (ESP)

I'm not happy I was hoping to watch the live stream for his match but I'll still be at work :sad:

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
So they don't play during the day because of the heat? My scoreboard has been worse than MTF this week. It's making me angry.:mad: Foxsport is showing Umag as from tomorrow so little Davey best win this match. Chucho isn't the easiest opponent but our man is in better form. I wish I could see this.:sad:

VAMOS DAVID!!!!:clap2:

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
:eek: What are you doing David?:eek: I don't want to be watching Chucho tomorrow. He's just lost the first set 6-2. He's serving much better than Chucho but and get this ...... he's returning like a wet towel.:rolleyes:

Come on David, levantese!!!!!!:bounce:

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 05:53 PM
:eek: Bwaahaaaaa tie-break for the second.:eek:

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 06:03 PM
:woohoo: He takes the second set!!!

alisia
07-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I've a groaning muppet boy on my computer :devil: Shame the commentator insists on calling him Ferry :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I've a groaning muppet boy on my computer :devil: Shame the commentator insists on calling him Ferry :rolleyes:

Ferry?:eek: :ras:

He must have shoulder shrugged his way thru the match up until now.

alisia
07-26-2007, 06:35 PM
He just bullied that break of serve as well :eek:

alisia
07-26-2007, 06:37 PM
He's won 6-2 in the 3rd :worship:

He apparently killed 2 rackets. The stupid commentator is talking over him speaking English :mad:

They've just shown the highlights of the match & he bounced his rackets & it nearly hit him in the face :o

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 06:43 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Both my boys won today.:D

That sounds like the David we know and love. Would have so loved to see this match. Chucho is always a difficult opponent for him.

I'll be seeing David tomorrow.:woohoo:

alisia
07-26-2007, 06:45 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Both my boys won today.:D

That sounds like the David we know and love. Would have so loved to see this match. Chucho is always a difficult opponent for him.

I'll be seeing David tomorrow.:woohoo:

Chucho apparently has no stamina where as David has duracell batteries fitted :eek: :devil:

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Chucho apparently has no stamina where as David has duracell batteries fitted :eek: :devil:

David is a bunny:eek:

I think it's more like Chucho is a little weak up there and David just never gives up. I like Chucho loads but he's frustrating to watch. So much talent, zero fight.:rolleyes:

alisia
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
David is a bunny:eek:

I think it's more like Chucho is a little weak up there and David just never gives up. I like Chucho loads but he's frustrating to watch. So much talent, zero fight.:rolleyes:

You know what they say about bunnies :aplot:

I'd like to think I inspired his victory because when I got in he was 2-2 & he reeled off the next 4 games :D Chucho thou was 40-0 up in both service games he got broke but our boy just out hustled him :cool:

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 07:01 PM
You know what they say about bunnies :aplot:

I'd like to think I inspired his victory because when I got in he was 2-2 & he reeled off the next 4 games :D Chucho thou was 40-0 up in both service games he got broke but our boy just out hustled him :cool:

David the bunny:devil: I like it.

It must have been you. It certainly wasn't me, because I was behind the live-stream from the beginning. Maybe it's the power of two? We need to be at all his tournaments together.:) But I might be becoming JMDP's hairdresser so I will be a little cramped for time.:p

alisia
07-26-2007, 07:05 PM
David the bunny:devil: I like it.

It must have been you. It certainly wasn't me, because I was behind the live-stream from the beginning. Maybe it's the power of two? We need to be at all his tournaments together.:) But I might be becoming JMDP's hairdresser so I will be a little cramped for time.:p

Just hope his match against Carlos starts later tomorrow so I get to scream at him from the beginning ;)

FerrersLinda
07-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Just hope his match against Carlos starts later tomorrow so I get to scream at him from the beginning ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed.:) But Rosie will have tomorrow off, so it will be me and her if you can't make it which means he should be ok.

RogiFan88
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Yay for DAVID!!! He plays Charly tomorrow? Good, just beat him! :lol:

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Oop for Friday

CENTRE COURT - 5:00 PM

Andrei PAVEL (ROU) vs Filippo VOLANDRI (ITA)

followed by

Guillermo CANAS (ARG) vs Gilles SIMON (FRA)

followed by

Carlos MOYA (ESP) vs David FERRER (ESP)

Yeh I get to see my boys play :bounce:

alisia
07-27-2007, 08:09 PM
The commentator is driving me :mad: Not only can't he prenounce David's name correctly he can't Carlos's either :eek: Also Carlos had a hard 3 setter - he won 60 63 - yesterday whereas David had a easy 2 set victory & is yet to drop a set :rolleyes: Where have they found this one from :p

Ok David breaks 1st & we are on serve :confused: Carlos break back for the 1st break of the match :confused: :confused: :confused:

alisia
07-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Linda David is Dutch :eek:

Carlos had a game point which the numpty said was a break point :confused: i really wish I could record this for my boy he'd wet himself laughing :o

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 08:36 PM
The commentator is driving me :mad: Not only can't he prenounce David's name correctly he can't Carlos's either :eek: Also Carlos had a hard 3 setter - he won 60 63 - yesterday whereas David had a easy 2 set victory & is yet to drop a set :rolleyes: Where have they found this one from :p

Ok David breaks 1st & we are on serve :confused: Carlos break back for the 1st break of the match :confused: :confused: :confused:

Commentators:smash: Mine keep calling the score up side down.:rolleyes:

Linda David is Dutch :eek:

He is?:confused:

I'm hating his fh today. All ue come from that side.:(

alisia
07-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Commentators:smash: Mine keep calling the score up side down.:rolleyes:

He is?:confused:

I'm hating his fh today. All ue come from that side.:(

I can't believe the game he's just played :mad: Carlos will probably win this 7-5 now :(

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
I can't believe the game he's just played :mad: Carlos will probably win this 7-5 now :(

:mad:

And he did it all by himself. It wasn't like Charly stepped it up. DAVID:smash:

If Sue is there she better start screaming at him.:mad:

That fh.:rolleyes:

RogiRafaFan86
07-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Damn. Just got broken at love to lose the set...after being up a break not too long ago. What's going on, David?

alisia
07-27-2007, 08:46 PM
What an idiot he should have won that 6-3 instead of losing it 7-5 :mad: Linda you need to give him a good talking to & a slap :D

I wonder which David is going to play the 2nd set :confused:

RogiRafaFan86
07-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Well he got the early break. Now don't give it back this time, David! He should have never lost that first set. I really hope at the end of the day he isn't kicking himself for that.

Ok, he just held serve. That's a good start.

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 09:00 PM
What an idiot he should have won that 6-3 instead of losing it 7-5 :mad: Linda you need to give him a good talking to & a slap :D

I wonder which David is going to play the 2nd set :confused:

I'll give him a call if he keeps it up.:devil: Looks like he has mended the fh somewhat.

Well he got the early break. Now don't give it back this time, David! He should have never lost that first set. I really hope at the end of the day he isn't kicking himself for that.

Ok, he just held serve. That's a good start.

He likes to make it difficult for himself. I still feel like it's up to him. If he steps it up and plays like the first 8 games of the match, he'll win.

*Ljubica*
07-27-2007, 09:08 PM

RogiRafaFan86
07-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Aaaaaand he gives it right back. Wasn't at love this time, he was down 0-40, got it back to 30-40, then proceeded to DF to give Moya the break. David...

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Here we go again.:rolleyes:

:wavey: Hiya Ros

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the WTA :o

Do we now get our little fiesty fighter or does Carlos win 6-3 :confused:

RogiRafaFan86
07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok, extremely important hold here for David. If he doesn't - GSM Moya.

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the WTA :o

Do we now get our little fiesty fighter or does Carlos win 6-3 :confused:

Tragic:speakles:

I think we're in trouble.:sad:

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:28 PM
I think that last point summed up his match :rolleyes:

RogiRafaFan86
07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe I jinxed him. GSM Moya: 7-5, 6-4.

This one might be hard to take for David. In both sets, he had it. All he had to do was hold serve and not give back that advantage...couldn't do it in either set. That hurts. Oh well.

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I think that last point summed up his match :rolleyes:

It sooooo did.:rolleyes:

This one might be hard to take for David. In both sets, he had it. All he had to do was hold serve and not give back that advantage...couldn't do it in either set. That hurts. Oh well.

It must have been you who jinxed him, because he normally always wins when we are around.:lol:

He always has a hard time playing his fellow Spaniards. He did totally give it away, but I still think he wasn't 100%. Never the less, he needs a good slapping.:mad:

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:35 PM

Welcome to the world of being a David Ferrer fan :D

He looked very flat but he still should have won the match :mad: I just hope Carlos goes onto to win the tourniment :D

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:36 PM
It sooooo did.:rolleyes:

It must have been you who jinxed him, because he normally always wins when we are around.:lol:

He always has a hard time playing his fellow Spaniards. He did totally give it away, but I still think he wasn't 100%. Never the less, he needs a good slapping.:mad:

Play nice with the newbie ;)

I think Isa will need to tell him of our displeasure when she sees him in Cinci next month :p

RogiRafaFan86
07-27-2007, 09:39 PM

He looked very flat but he still should have won the match :mad: I just hope Carlos goes onto to win the tourniment :D

Actually, been a David fan for a long time. Long enough to know he can do what he just did whether I post or not. Peaks and valleys, most definitely. I need an aspirin...

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 09:44 PM

Yeah forgot to say: Welcome RogiRafafain86:wavey:

Should have, would have, could have.:rolleyes:

Play nice with the newbie ;)

I think Isa will need to tell him of our displeasure when she sees him in Cinci next month :p

Sorry. It's called sarcasm btw:p

Isa needs to let him know by ways of her open hand on his cheek.:mad:

Actually, been a David fan for a long time. Long enough to know he can do what he just did whether I post or not. Peaks and valleys, most definitely. I need an aspirin...

:hug:

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:44 PM

He drives me to alcohol which means another glass of wine for me :o

Welcome anyway I'm Ali :wavey:

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah forgot to say: Welcome RogiRafafain86:wavey:

Should have, would have, could have.:rolleyes:

Sorry. It's called sarcasm btw:p

Isa needs to let him know by ways of her open hand on his cheek.:mad:

:hug:

I hope Isa's got a good left hook my old boy is in hiding :eek: Must bribe him before he gets home off to get him a jumbone :D

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 09:46 PM
He drives me to alcohol which means another glass of wine for me :o

Welcome anyway I'm Ali :wavey:

Don't use David as an excuse for your drinking habits.:o

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Don't use David as an excuse for your drinking habits.:o

But what a beautiful excuse :devil:

Why did he wear the sleeveless number because surely he knew he was going to look like a little boy at the side of Carlos :confused:

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 09:53 PM
But what a beautiful excuse :devil:

Why did he wear the sleeveless number because surely he knew he was going to look like a little boy at the side of Carlos :confused:

It is a beautiful excuse. And you know me, I take any excuse I can get.:devil: I also like to blame Mr. Safin for my little drinking problem ..... I mean habit.:lol:

The sleeveless should be banned by the ATP. It's either a proper shirt or no shirt at all.:aplot:

alisia
07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
It is a beautiful excuse. And you know me, I take any excuse I can get.:devil: I also like to blame Mr. Safin for my little drinking problem ..... I mean habit.:lol:

The sleeveless should be banned by the ATP. It's either a proper shirt or no shirt at all.:aplot:

I also blame Mr Robredo :D I still don't know how he lost to your bf :confused:

I'll second that thou of course certain players should be made to cover up at all times :devil:

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 10:04 PM
I also blame Mr Robredo :D I still don't know how he lost to your bf :confused:

I'll second that thou of course certain players should be made to cover up at all times :devil:

My boyfriend rocks!:rocker2: He's gonna be the king of Kitz.:D I blame Mr. Robredo for a few nightmares.:eek:

Certain players should be banned from the tour because they aren't beautiful enough aka ugly. I nominate Mr. Hingis and Mr. Almagro.:angel:

alisia
07-27-2007, 10:09 PM
My boyfriend rocks!:rocker2: He's gonna be the king of Kitz.:D I blame Mr. Robredo for a few nightmares.:eek:

Certain players should be banned from the tour because they aren't beautiful enough aka ugly. I nominate Mr. Hingis and Mr. Almagro.:angel:

Roddick, Federer, Hewitt, Lubby Lou, Mr T :devil: , Vinnay, god there are loads :p

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Roddick, Federer, Hewitt, Lubby Lou, Mr T :devil: , Vinnay, god there are loads :p

Maybe we should just keep the Spaniards(I'm giving you the Candyman here, what a good friend am I:angel: ), Argentines and the one Russian?:devil: God ATP will be yummy.:drool:

RogiFan88
07-27-2007, 10:16 PM
VAMOS, DAVID!! You have to win this match!! Just because it's Umag and it's Charly and he loves the beach and all... doesn't matter!!!

alisia
07-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Maybe we should just keep the Spaniards(I'm giving you the Candyman here, what a good friend am I:angel: ), Argentines and the one Russian?:devil: God ATP will be yummy.:drool:

I thought you liked Igor :confused: or does he count as one of the Spaniards :o My bestfriend who's not a tennis fan thinks it's the prettiest sport out there she's obviously never seen Mr Hingis :eek:

FerrersLinda
07-27-2007, 10:22 PM
VAMOS, DAVID!! You have to win this match!! Just because it's Umag and it's Charly and he loves the beach and all... doesn't matter!!!

He has already lost.:sad:

I thought you liked Igor :confused: or does he count as one of the Spaniards :o My bestfriend who's not a tennis fan thinks it's the prettiest sport out there she's obviously never seen Mr Hingis :eek:

I do like Igor but isn't he more or less Spanish?;) Your friend is kinda right. And once we get the shirt or no shirt rule thru it will be more attractive. That is after we get rid of the Mr. Hingisses on the tour of course.:angel:

LaTenista
07-28-2007, 12:35 AM
:sad: I'm home after braving the monsoon outside :scared: to see David and Ryler both lost :mad:

Carlos is just king of Umag I guess :shrug:

I don't hit people. But maybe I could manage a kick in the a** :devil:

*Ljubica*
07-28-2007, 12:05 PM

:bigcry: My future husbad is not ugly :awww: He is beautiful :inlove: And sweet, and funny, and sexy, and clever........... OK - I'm going now :bolt:

FerrersLinda
07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
:sad: I'm home after braving the monsoon outside :scared: to see David and Ryler both lost :mad:

Carlos is just king of Umag I guess :shrug:

I don't hit people. But maybe I could manage a kick in the a** :devil:

Kicking will work.:devil:

:bigcry: My future husbad is not ugly :awww: He is beautiful :inlove: And sweet, and funny, and sexy, and clever........... OK - I'm going now :bolt:

Now, now, we'll let you keep your future husband. After all I'm letting Ali keep Tommywommy.:)

FerrersLinda
07-28-2007, 03:26 PM
:topic:Pico won 7-5, 7-5!!! :yippee: :yippee:

Sorry Nando chicas.:hug:

*Ljubica*
07-28-2007, 03:57 PM
:topic:Pico won 7-5, 7-5!!! :yippee: :yippee:

Sorry Nando chicas.:hug:

Pico :ras: You deserve better Linda! I used to think he was OK til I realised what an ***hole he is :angel:

FerrersLinda
07-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Pico :ras: You deserve better Linda! I used to think he was OK til I realised what an ***hole he is :angel:

You may be right, but until I have proof he's really an ass I'm ok with him.:shrug:

Also I really like his tennis, which is not unimportant since we don't have many deep conversations about the meaning of life or the hole in the ozone-layer.:lol:

*Ljubica*
07-28-2007, 04:09 PM
You may be right, but until I have proof he's really an ass I'm ok with him.:shrug:

Also I really like his tennis, which is not unimportant since we don't have many deep conversations about the meaning of life or the hole in the ozone-layer.:lol:

Yes - I agree with you that he can play great tennis. But than so can Tommywommy and you don't like him :awww:

FerrersLinda
07-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Yes - I agree with you that he can play great tennis. But than so can Tommywommy and you don't like him :awww:

And so does Mr. Hot Lips Stefanek and I don't like him either.:shrug: I don't know what it is. But I like little Juan.:) He's never been nasty to me. Tommywommy, I'm not sure, must be his blue socks that have forever put me off.:p Have to say Pico plays more exciting tennis than the Candyman though.

*Ljubica*
07-28-2007, 05:26 PM
And so does Mr. Hot Lips Stefanek and I don't like him either.:shrug: I don't know what it is. But I like little Juan.:) He's never been nasty to me. Tommywommy, I'm not sure, must be his blue socks that have forever put me off.:p Have to say Pico plays more exciting tennis than the Candyman though.

But the Candyman is prettier :) As for Mr. Hingis......... he is someone I think we can ALL agree on :lol: He's just hideous :eek:

FerrersLinda
07-28-2007, 05:41 PM
But the Candyman is prettier :) As for Mr. Hingis......... he is someone I think we can ALL agree on :lol: He's just hideous :eek:

I like the way Pico looks. He's cute.:D

The Candyman doesn't do it for me. If him and I would be in the same bar together I wouldn't even notice him. Maybe I'd notice him if he'd behave the same as in Miami. I might even have to slap him for looking at my boobs.:p

Mr. Hingis:bolt: I also hear he's not liked that much by other players either.

*Ljubica*
07-28-2007, 06:15 PM
I like the way Pico looks. He's cute.:D

The Candyman doesn't do it for me. If him and I would be in the same bar together I wouldn't even notice him. Maybe I'd notice him if he'd behave the same as in Miami. I might even have to slap him for looking at my boobs.:p

Mr. Hingis:bolt: I also hear he's not liked that much by other players either.

:haha: That would be fun to witness! I really don't know Mr. Hingis - but I do remember him and some mates being very loud and obnoxious in a Bar in Marseilles once :rolleyes: Mind you - maybe Martina has kept him more in control lately - I can't see her standing for any old nonsense!!

alisia
07-08-2008, 06:46 PM
This years draw :)

(1) FERRER, David ESP/BYE
(Q) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v PASHANSKI, Boris SRB
GICQUEL, Marc FRA v ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
FOGNINI, Fabio ITA v (8) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(3) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP/BYE
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP v BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
(Q) KOELLERER, Daniel AUT v DARCIS, Steve BEL [Koellerer replaces GULBIS, Ernests LAT]
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v (7) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

(5) MOYA, Carlos ESP v STARACE, Potito ITA
(Q) LOPEZ, Marc ESP v SAFIN, Marat RUS
JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE v (WC) PRPIC, Filip SWE
BYE/(4) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(LL) GORANSSON, Tim SWE v (WC) RYDERSTEDT, Michael SWE [Goransson replaces (6) MONFILS, Gael FRA]
(LL) PRZYSIEZNY, Michal POL v (Q) REHNQUIST, Bjorn SWE
(WC) ELESKOVIC, Ervin SWE v VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
BYE/(2) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

FerrersLinda
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
This years draw :)

(1) FERRER, David ESP/BYE
(Q) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v PASHANSKI, Boris SRB
GICQUEL, Marc FRA v ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
FOGNINI, Fabio ITA v (8) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(3) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP/BYE
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP v BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
(Q) KOELLERER, Daniel AUT v DARCIS, Steve BEL [Koellerer replaces GULBIS, Ernests LAT]
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v (7) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

(5) MOYA, Carlos ESP v STARACE, Potito ITA
(Q) LOPEZ, Marc ESP v SAFIN, Marat RUS
JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE v (WC) PRPIC, Filip SWE
BYE/(4) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(LL) GORANSSON, Tim SWE v (WC) RYDERSTEDT, Michael SWE [Goransson replaces (6) MONFILS, Gael FRA]
(LL) PRZYSIEZNY, Michal POL v (Q) REHNQUIST, Bjorn SWE
(WC) ELESKOVIC, Ervin SWE v VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
BYE/(2) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

:woohoo: David plays Bye in the first! He has a perfect record against him.:woohoo: But for real, nice field. I'm sure David will get far.:)

alisia
07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Boris it will be :D

alisia
07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
:speakles: David won his doubles match with Marc Lopez against the top seeds *faints*

alisia
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
David won his first match 7-6 6-1 :worship:

LaTenista
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
:yeah: Too bad really there is such a gap between him and Djokovic in the rankings, good to see David is working on that :devil:

danielmom
07-10-2008, 03:07 PM
David and Marc Lopez won their doubles match 6-3 6-0!!!

alisia
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Center court - Match Start 12.00

Björn REHNQUIST (SWE) vs. Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)
Followed by
David FERRER (ESP) vs. Robin SÖDERLING (SWE)
Followed by
Tommy ROBREDO (ESP) vs. Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN)
Followed by
David FERRER (ESP) / Marc LOPEZ (ESP) vs. Johan BRUNSTRÖM (SWE) / Jean-Julien ROJER (AHO)

alisia
07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
World No. 4 Ferrer, Robredo Advance to Quarterfinals

Top seed David Ferrer started the defense of his Catella Swedish Open title with a 7-5, 6-1 victory over Serbian Boris Pashanski in one hour and 26 minutes on Thursday. The Spaniard, who also beat Pashanski in Barcelona last year, won 69 per cent of service points and broke serve five times.

Currently a career-high No. 4 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, Ferrer improved to 37-13 on the season. He won his hometown event in Valencia (d. Almagro) in April and last month clinched his first ATP career grass-court crown in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (d. Gicquel). He also finished runner-up in Barcelona (l. to Nadal). The 25-year-old Pashanski dropped to 0-3 lifetime against Top 10 opponents.

alisia
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
David beat the Toad 7-5 6-7 6-1 :worship:

Jillian
07-11-2008, 06:40 PM
So glad that Ferru beat Soderling............................

alisia
07-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Centre Court - Matches start at 1:00pm
Tomas BERDYCH (CZE) vs Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)
followed by
David FERRER (ESP) vs Tommy ROBREDO (ESP)
followed by
Jonas BJORKMAN (SWE)/Robin SODERLING (SWE) vs Simon ASPELIN (SWE)/Thomas JOHANSSON (SWE)

alisia
07-12-2008, 07:45 PM
He lost 6-2 1-6 2-6 :sad: Tommy better beat the Birdman tomorrow :p

cobalt60
07-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Would have preferred a win;)

RogiFan88
07-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Too bad David couldn't defend Bastad but he did well considering the pressure he has this year. Congrats to Tommy, tho, for winning the title again this year! ;)

On to TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!