What ESPN's broadcast schedule should be [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What ESPN's broadcast schedule should be

JennyS
01-24-2004, 04:13 PM
IMO, ESPN's broadcast schedule of the early rounds should look something like this:

7PM Eastern-2:30 AM (LIVE)
1:00 PM-5:00 PM (Tape Delay)

In that time, they could not only show the American players, but also show players from other countries. They could then show one or two night matches on tape the following afternoon.

Deboogle!.
01-24-2004, 04:17 PM
nice thought but there's no way they'd dedicate that much time to tennis.

Leo
01-24-2004, 07:49 PM
You'd think not, but, come on, what other sports are being played right now? No more baseball this season, nor is there much football left (only 1 game, and that doesn't even clash with the tournament). Golf is also in a slow period right now before Major season hits. Surely they can take a break from billiards (well, I do watch 9-Ball and Trick Shot Magic matches, actually :o), "dog competitions," Scrabble (what is the world coming to?!), and the same SportsCenter repeats to play some more tennis. They just won't. Argh.

Shy
01-24-2004, 07:54 PM
You forget poker.(tsn does show that)

Deboogle!.
01-24-2004, 07:56 PM
last night after the AO coverage ended at 1:30am my time, they showed SportsCenter in SPANISH.

Of course they COULD show more tennis but I just don't see it happening until hell is a cool 32º and the pig airport opens.

Leo
01-24-2004, 08:07 PM
You forget poker.(tsn does show that)

Oh yeah, how could I forget. :rolleyes: Not to mention miniature golf and spelling bee competitions. :rolleyes:

Leo
01-24-2004, 08:10 PM
last night after the AO coverage ended at 1:30am my time, they showed SportsCenter in SPANISH.

Of course they COULD show more tennis but I just don't see it happening until hell is a cool 32º and the pig airport opens.

Oh yeah, I caught a bit of that as well! I noticed that the Spanish version of SportsCenter doesn't any more tennis highlights than the American version. They played some clips of the day-old match Agassi/Enqvist, then showed an interview (in Spanish, of course) with Guga, then showed some of the upcoming match-ups. Stupidly they mixed up Ferrero and Ferreira, listing one of the 3rd rounds matches as (8) D. Nalbandian vs. (31) J.C. Ferrero. :lol:

Edit: I just read your joke about the pig airports. :lol:

Deboogle!.
01-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Edit: I just read your joke about the pig airports. :lol:

I thought long and hard about that one ;) :p