Grosjean beats Hrbaty 2-6, 6-4, 6-1, 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grosjean beats Hrbaty 2-6, 6-4, 6-1, 6-3

Action Jackson
01-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Hrbaty had a 4-2 lead in the second set as well, then I had to leave and look what happens. Now he plays that waste of space Ginepri for the opportunity to be humiliated by Agassi, oh what fun.

J. Corwin
01-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Good for Seb :)

Scotso
01-23-2004, 12:07 PM
:(

Marine
01-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Seb was fantastic, I am very very HAPPY !
:worship:
Go Seb !!!

Habsudovafan
01-23-2004, 04:35 PM
:sad: :sad: Poor Dominik. He was really in shape.......
Congrats to Sebastien.

Ma. Estefania
01-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Such a pity! :(

I thought Hrbaty could go further! :(

jmp
01-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Too bad, Dominik. Good luck for the rest of 2004.

Congrats, Seb!! :D Good luck in the next round!

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Hey, that's kind of what I was thinking when Dom failed to serve out the second set! Booooooooooooo

Oh well. Grosjean has done well here many times before, and it looks like this year will be no different.

WyverN
01-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Grosjean played magnificently in the last 2 sets and a half. Just amazing.

If he can start out with that form against Agassi in the quarters a victory is definetly possible

Action Jackson
01-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Hopefully Wyver that is the Grosjean we see and not that pale imitation that got smoked by Agassi last year.

Leo
01-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Grosjean could lose to Ginepri.

Agassi has a difficult draw to the semis.

Poor Dominik, what a rough loss. But this Australian performance should give him a boost of confidence going into new year.

Experimentee
01-25-2004, 04:12 PM
I was there for the whole match, sitting freezing in the wind for nothing :sad:

Dominik started off really well, he was dominating all the points and hitting winners like he did against Gaudio, there was nothing Seb could do. Then at 4-2 Dom just completely went off the boil and made so many errors to lose the next 7 or so games in a row! Grosjean was playing better too, running along the baseline retrieving every ball and giving lots of different spins and slices. After leading 4-2 in the 2nd it was just a horrible performance by Dominik. Maybe it was due to the cold breeze, normally he likes playing in the day in warm still conditions. And an annoying helicopter kept flying overhead during his serve. :mad:
I swear it was the Frenchies. They all gradually started coming in during the match and Seb kept getting better. First Guy Forget was there, then Arnaud Clement came in the 2nd set. Then Llodra, Escude and Bartoli all came in and the whole gang was there cheering Seb! I must say they all looked very nice, they were dressed smartly like they were going out and not in tennis clothes.
Hrbaty improved a bit in the 4th set but it wasnt enough. On match point he was dominating it and hitting the ball from corner to corner, then had an easy smash and didnt do enough with it, allowing Seb to get it back and Dominik stuffed up the easy volley :rolleyes: :sad:
There was a fair amount of support for Dommy, with all the usual fans who'd been at his other matches turning up, but as time went on the whole place seemed to be cheering Seb more.