obviously, I'm contradicting myself. I guess it might
well be nadal instead of hewitt.

can't wait

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 10:44 AM
obviously, I'm contradicting myself. I guess it might
well be nadal instead of hewitt.

can't wait

I actually believe that nadal has a chance. now federer? well, so far, not bad, but that's because he's playing some average (i can be stretching it here, but who knows?) players. i don't know how well he will fare against reid. the aussies may be behind him. besides, i think he may pull an "ancic" and get the upset. stranger things have happened....

mrpenguin
01-22-2004, 11:02 AM
So sigma, who are you rooting for ?

my darkhorse is federer actually. he's playing with no coach
which I think is really gutsy

Dirk
01-22-2004, 11:04 AM
I don't like these posts, making us Roger fans way too arrogant. Don't get me wrong, I do hope he kills both of them if he meets them, but the thread title could use some work. Reid has no chance. Roger's opponent was very good Jeff. They both after subtracking errors had 17 winners for the match. Roger played very cleanly against the big server. Aussies will be behind him but at least they are respectful unlike the USA crowds at the Open.

WyverN
01-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Lets see if Hewitt beats Nadal first

Fed will slaughter Reid - those loopy groundstrokes barely cut it againt Sargis Sargisian

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 11:07 AM
I am for Nalbi. If Hewitt and Federer manage to meet-or even Nadal and Federer, I think that, if Federer manages a win and ends up meeting Nalbi in the qtrs., Nalbi just may take it....

WyverN
01-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Nalbi needs to beat Henman first which is not a certainty

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Nalbi needs to beat Henman first which is not a certainty

We can't establish with certainty that Henman will beat Canas either.

dain-love-tennis
01-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Roger is the toughest guy!

mrpenguin
01-22-2004, 12:25 PM
surface/ball being quite fast this year according to roger,
makes him confident against the aussies.

mrpenguin
01-22-2004, 12:32 PM
dain-love- :
I believe Hewitt is the toughest. he will play from his grave if
he has to especially in davis-cup (try picturing this mentally )

CmonAussie
01-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Federer is a great guy& good for Tennis; that guy is going to win many Slams perhaps the Career Slam[all 4-big ones like Agassi].
However Hewitt just loves it when everyone writes him of; esp after 1st Rd Wimbledon last year the knives were out in the papers and fans.
---> MrPenguin you've got it right... Lleyton is the toughest of the New Balls by far!
Don't imagine he'll go out without a monumental fight; a few years back he'd regularly leave the court with hands bleeding[cuts& blisters] plus feet bleeding[toe nails ripped from running down too many balls]......
Let it be noted that Hewitt has never retired from any match~ he's going to the end of the line even if it means heartbreaking loss(a rarity!).
*#*2004 He's going to take atleast one Slam; got a feeling it's going to be AO!!
If not then USO again.
Roger will have to wait until Wimbledon defence#

star
01-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Roger is the toughest guy!

Toughest?

Most talented.

But toughest?

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Toughest?

Most talented.

But toughest?

I would give that to Hewitt or Nalbi anyday. Fed tends to fold when he's not exactly on.

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah I'm getting ahead of myself

I also predict that hewitt will die of exhaustion in the fifth

nabaldian will cramp and die of course

Damn, you're stretching it, aren't you?
I heard of "dying to win", but geesh....

mrpenguin
01-22-2004, 02:50 PM
I guess because Nalbandian is highly unpredictable!

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 02:54 PM
And, unpredictable is boring how?

mrpenguin
01-22-2004, 03:04 PM
sigma, I'll give you that Nalbandian is dangerous , and he has beaten Federer 5 times ...

Fumus
01-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Nalbandian is rolling over everyone he faces. He looks great. He beat A-Rod and Agassi in the warm up too. It will be a great match with Fed and Nalbany. Fed certainly won't kill him or Hewitt for that matter! Wow Federer fans are so arrogant. :eek:

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 06:53 AM
Fed fans - if the draw pans out in such a way that Federer has to play both Hewitt and Nalbandian and WINS... wouldn't you just eat your shorts if he lost to Ferrero in the semifinals anyways? :devil:

yanchr
01-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Fed fans - if the draw pans out in such a way that Federer has to play both Hewitt and Nalbandian and WINS... wouldn't you just eat your shorts if he lost to Ferrero in the semifinals anyways? :devil:

In NO way that would happen :smash:

If Roger turns out winning against both Hewitt and Nalbandian which is my hope, I don't see any reason why he won't take it all.

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Right. Because as we all know, Ferrero is completely incapable of beating Federer. It would NEVER happen. EVER. Not in this universe.

That wasn't even meant to be taken as a serious suggestion, but to assume that because he makes the semis Federer has it "in the bag" is pretty arrogant. I somehow doubt he'd be quite so arrogant himself.

yanchr
01-23-2004, 08:04 AM
lol
I get what you mean. I'm not taking it too seriously. First of all, they should both manage to make semis, which is not much likely IMO.

Dirk
01-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Becky I would not be too upset if JC beat Roger here in the semis as long as JC wins the final. I would be thrilled to see Roger make the semis here.

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Nalby & Hewitt are Roger's nemesis, ultimate challenge to beat both in a row.
but if he can get past the first hurdle (hewitt), he'll gain a lot of confidence
to beat nalbi, and it's quite a mental game

ferrero-federer is but 3-1 in the last four matches- so I'm not too scared.

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Nalby & Hewitt are Roger's nemesis, ultimate challenge to beat both in a row.
but if he can get past the first hurdle (hewitt), he'll gain a lot of confidence
to beat nalbi, and it's quite a mental game

ferrero-federer is but 3-1 in the last four matches- so I'm not too scared.
Yeah, that one where Ferrero retired was a real cracker!

WyverN
01-23-2004, 08:32 AM
if Federer makes the semis I am certain he will beat whoever comes out of the third quarter.

Other then that to many people are assuming Nalbandian will beat Henman and Hewitt will beat Nadal.

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Is anybody else getting sick of reading that Roger Federer is JESUS? I am. It's almost enough to get me to root for Todd Reid.

Really, I like Fed. I agree that he's one of the most, if not the most, talented young player out there.

But the way some people on here and other boards talk.... I almost want to see him lose.

I just thought that I'd share that :wavey:

WyverN
01-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Nalbandian is rolling over everyone he faces.

The 2 qualifiers?

He beat A-Rod and Agassi in the warm up too.

"warm up" being the key word

It will be a great match with Fed and Nalbany.

getting ahead of yourself?

Wow Federer fans are so arrogant. :eek:

fans? nice use of plural :devil:

WyverN
01-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Is anybody else getting sick of reading that Roger Federer is JESUS? I am. It's almost enough to get me to root for Todd Reid.

I dont think any Fed fans are very confident apart from the thread starter. Fed can lose to just about anyone.

I am raving far more about Roddick

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 08:38 AM
The 2 qualifiers?

Indeed.

Nalbandians slaughter of his first two opponents has been about as impressive as Federer doing the same. Point being, that neither is telling us anything.

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 08:38 AM
By the way, I dont' think Nalbandian will even have to worry about Henman. If we can call a match that he's going to win anyways something to worry about. I like Canas over Henman ;)

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 08:42 AM

Really, I like Fed. I agree that he's one of the most, if not the most, talented young player out there.

But the way some people on here and other boards talk.... I almost want to see him lose.

I just thought that I'd share that :wavey:

Queen Rebecca does not rule this thread, while Federer RULES THIS COURT

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Queen Rebecca does not rule this thread, while Federer RULES THIS COURT
Um. Thanks for that. You've enlightened us all, oh wise one! :hearts:

Dirk
01-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Becky please stay a Federer fan. This thread is terrible. I have faith in Roger but its shaky to a degree. I hope to see you cheering for him during his slaughter of the young Aussie. :bounce:

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Becky please stay a Federer fan. This thread is terrible. I have faith in Roger but its shaky to a degree. I hope to see you cheering for him during his slaughter of the young Aussie. :bounce:
I doubt that I'll see that match. I wouldn't mind it though, since I'd like to see if Todd Reid is actually any good. Up until the last few weeks I'd been using him as the butt of jokes (ie: nicknaming him the "Aussie Lee - legend in the making - Childs"), but perhaps I should stop that ;)

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Dirk, how can you be so shaky? toughen up mate, Roger needs
die hard fans !

well, I have a lot of money on Roger, so that makes me real confident ;-)

Dirk
01-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Roger can be iffy at the odds times. That is why, He isn't a champion you can count on just yet. I am glad he thinks he can win it and is motivated but I still need to guard myself so I don't :sobbing: when and if he loses. I can see him winning this but also I can't see it as well. Its up to him. I have faith and know Roger can play great in tight matches but I also know he has lacked consistency and has blew some match he should have won.

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Just put another 100$ on roger, after reading Dirk's post.

Dirk
01-23-2004, 09:58 AM
:lol: Why is that?

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Just put another 100$ on roger, after reading Dirk's post.
Troll :p

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 09:59 AM
You troll like RealityRyan trolled ;) Cousins? ;)

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Money never trolls, darling.

Chloe le Bopper
01-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Money never trolls, darling.
Ha.

I lost tonight. *sniff*

Dirk
01-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Peggy answered me why you put another 100$ on Roger after reading my post?

WyverN
01-23-2004, 10:04 AM
I doubt that I'll see that match. I wouldn't mind it though, since I'd like to see if Todd Reid is actually any good.

A Hewitt clone who is weaker of both sides and half a step slower.

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Okay Dirk, I'll let you know in my little secret theory.

Roger is the best bet on aus-bookmakers,
coz he's a little unpredictable, and your post confirmed
it too me BUT... roger just crushed everybody at the masters
and he's more focused then ever after firing his coach.

SO : my intuition tells me it's big time for Roger

Dirk
01-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Glad I could help. :bounce: I hope you win it big time. If you do can you buy and send me one of those Aussie Open beach towels? :p

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 11:13 AM

That's if Roger can get in "the zone" and stay there. If not, then Hewitt or Nalbi has a chance to exploit that and send him packing. :rolleyes:

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 01:41 PM
lovely sigma : Roger is in the zone ! I'm in the zone ,
and you are welcome to the zone too if you stop FUD'ing !

Angelito
01-23-2004, 02:05 PM

I think we all should agree on something, Roger's victory over Nalbandian at the Master was just pure coincidence. That day wasn't the best for David at all, so we could say that David lost the match rather than Roger won it. Of course that gave him enough confidence to win the tournament, I'll give you that.

*Ljubica*
01-23-2004, 02:15 PM
I think we all should agree on something, Roger's victory over Nalbandian at the Master was just pure coincidence. That day wasn't the best for David at all, so we could say that David lost the match rather than Roger won it. Of course that gave him enough confidence to win the tournament, I'll give you that.

Yes, I agree Angelito :)

Bilbo
01-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Federer has a pathetic record against Hewitt and Hewitt ist very hot right now. He should roll.

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Federer has a pathetic record against Hewitt and Hewitt ist very hot right now. He should roll.

If Hewitt can get past Nadal.

mrp, thanks for inviting me to "the zone". And what's that last word you said, FUD'ing? Define that for me, please.....

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 02:27 PM
you guys trying to kill my mojo obviously

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 02:28 PM
FUD = Fear Uncertainties and Doubts

lol

Angelito
01-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Hewitt 7 - 2 Federer
Nalbandian 5 - 1 Federer
Henman 5 - 1 Federer
Ferreira 2 - 1 Federer
Cañas 1 - 0 Federer

Really tough way to the semis don't you think?

Impressive record by the way!

Angelito
01-23-2004, 02:41 PM
FUD = Fear Uncertainties and Doubts

lol

All that Roger feels when he plays with David.

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 02:50 PM
And with Hewitt, too, judging from that DC performance-two sets to love, two points away from victory.
The next time they meet, Roger, please, please, if you have the match on your racquet, please SERVE IT OUT!!!!!

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Hewitt 7 - 2 Federer
Nalbandian 5 - 1 Federer
Henman 5 - 1 Federer
Ferreira 2 - 1 Federer
Cañas 1 - 0 Federer

Really tough way to the semis don't you think?

Impressive record by the way!

Thanks, Angelito.
Mrp., let the killing begin. Only Roger will be the one killed....

Fumus
01-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Angelito.
Mrp., let the killing begin. Only Roger will be the one killed....

Good call :worship:

mrpenguin
01-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah I know the stats , they suck my mojo

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 04:43 PM
So....the point of this jackass thread is what? It is abundantly clear that Fed can't "kill" Hewitt or Nalbandian (not nabaldian; btw, did you check your spelling when you posted this thread?). If so, are you supplying the weapons to make that possible?

RealityRyan
01-23-2004, 06:36 PM
So....the point of this jackass thread is what? It is abundantly clear that Fed can't "kill" Hewitt or Nalbandian (not nabaldian; btw, did you check your spelling when you posted this thread?). If so, are you supplying the weapons to make that possible?

pah. Fed won't kill anyone but some qualifers. Hewitt and Nalbany won't be walks in the park for him, even though I think he will win.

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 06:40 PM
For once, ryan, I agree with you. Fed ain't gonna kill any one of those guys. He will have to have his "A" game working in order to have the advantage....

shaoyu
01-23-2004, 06:48 PM
In the 'Australian Open 2004: Roger Answers Your emails' of atptennis.com:

You've enjoyed great success throughout your career against big servers such as Roddick and Philippoussis, but you've struggled against baseline technicians such as Nalbandian and Agassi. Can you explain that?
- Danny K

Not anymore after the Masters Cup! I beat both Agassi (twice) and Nalbandian. That was a big relief, also to beat Ferrero. Before that it was true that I had struggled against those baseline players but I feel it's a matter of mental approach when playing them. Hopefully in the future it will go better. The big servers are dangerous and even on a good day you may lose because they take chances and they can win a set with just one break.

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 06:49 PM
So, he's on the board against Nalbi. Good for Rogi. Now, will he survive Hewitt to get to Nalbi again? Stay tuned...

RealityRyan
01-23-2004, 06:52 PM
For once, ryan, I agree with you. Fed ain't gonna kill any one of those guys. He will have to have his "A" game working in order to have the advantage....

Na we agreed about the sexing up of the tour too at the begining of my thread. As much as I like to argue, I don't say things just don't argue. Only if I really believe they are true.

WyverN
01-23-2004, 10:39 PM

Sarcastic or plain stupid?
Pick one

WyverN
01-23-2004, 10:42 PM

You don't think Hewitt and Nalbandian will need their A game to keep up with Federer?
I think if Federer brings his A game its game, set, match. Of course thats a big if.

undomiele
01-23-2004, 10:54 PM
I agree with you angelito. Nalbandian lost that match more than Feds won it. Any person who thinks otherwise and saw the match is simply delusional.

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Wy, absolutely, but when they are on, they are on.

WyverN
01-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Nalbandian lost that match more than Feds won it. Any person who thinks otherwise and saw the match is simply delusional.

Feds lost the US open match more than Nalbandian won it. Any person who thinks otherwise and saw the match is simply delusional.

sigmagirl91
01-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Wy, yes, Roger had the advantage in that match, but you gotta admit, Nalbi had his number that day-no matter how badly Roger was playing. Maybe the head to head battles provided a slight psychological edge to Nalbi? Let's just admit that rather than engage in a battle of "I win, you lose".

WyverN
01-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Wy, yes, Roger had the advantage in that match, but you gotta admit, Nalbi had his number that day-no matter how badly Roger was playing.

same thing can be said about Houston

Let's just admit that rather than engage in a battle of "I win, you lose".

I agree. It is better to just acknowledge everyones victories rather then this "Federer only won because David played badly" or vice versa crap.

undomiele
01-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Nalby and Feds will be battling it out for many more matches to come, including in this AO. Win or lose, theyre always great matches to watch :)

Good luck to Nalby though. ;P

Bilbo
01-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Hewitt will kill Federer today.

SaFed2005
01-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Federer can beat both Hewitt and Nalbandian but I don't think he will kill them... I think that the bottom of the draw is the hardest with all these really good players being there. Roddick prolly has a better chance of winning the Aussie than Federer when u look at the draw. Plus federer has better records with big servers than with baseliners... I woun't beleive it if he gets past both Hewitt and Nalbandian and loses to Fererro like someone wrote. That would be messed up... But I'm hoping either Agassi, Nalbandian or Federer win the Aussie...

Fedex
01-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Bilbo, i cannot help you if you really think that! Somewhere you also said if Hewitt plays his best no one can beat him?? I mean come on. Please change youre name so i wont have to hate Bilbo. I actually like the books ;)

Bilbo
01-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Bilbo, i cannot help you if you really think that! Somewhere you also said if Hewitt plays his best no one can beat him?? I mean come on. Please change youre name so i wont have to hate Bilbo. I actually like the books ;)

It was ironic. I meant to say Hewitt will beat him. Does not matter how close it will be.

Fedex
01-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Federer will win today, if he plays like he did all week. Federer's talent has far, far surpassed any talent that Hewitt possesses, & will kick his ass!!

-wokkel-
01-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Yes, he will kill Hewitt, but Nally? I don't think so!!

undomiele
01-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Thats right. Hewitt will exhaust Federer and after what happened at Houston Nalby wants revenge! :mad:

Shy
01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
. I woun't beleive it if he gets past both Hewitt and Nalbandian and loses to Fererro like someone wrote. That would be messed up.It is more sad if he beat Hewitt, Nalbandian and Ferrero to lose to Roddick in the final .

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 06:28 PM
I agree with you, tangy. I don't Federer will "kill" anybody in the sense that we would consider a "killing". Now what Roddick did to Taylor Dent, was a "killing".........

Shy
01-25-2004, 06:31 PM
You'll never know with him. He doedn't know how to play an average match. It is either him getting kill or him killing the others.

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 06:42 PM
I can buy that, shy. I think that Fed needs to get the mental part of his game together-especially against Hewitt and Nalbi.

Fedex
01-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Well, Fed certainly "killed" every player in TMC, and they where the top 8 players in the world. Plus Fed got the worst draw, ive EVER seen, then he goes out there and beats up on the other GS champions! And its not as though they were playing badly!! Well, David was, but that was about it. Andre was a little shaky in the final, but i really doubt there was much Andre could of done

Fedex
01-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Yes but the AO Is EVEN more important than TMC. So i'm sure Federer will play like that here! I didnt expect him to do well, once again he suprises me by demolishing his opponents. Please DONT bring up that part about him not playing quality opponents. Look who Roddick got, Gonzalez who hits the hardest, but also misses the most, Ulihrach i mean come on, Taylor who played the worst match of his LIFE, & Shalken, who is just a plain shitty player. ;) Ohhh... He's really had tough oppponents!

amethyst
01-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey, why don´t you guys just RELAX and enjoy all this exciting tennis to come? When did we have the last GS where so many players seemed to be in excellent form?
And I hope nobody gets killed in the process. Otherwise we would have nothing more to quarrel about ;)

Ma. Estefania
01-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Well said amethhyst *claps*

SaFed2005
01-25-2004, 11:02 PM
It is more sad if he beat Hewitt, Nalbandian and Ferrero to lose to Roddick in the final .

I don't think he would lose to Roddick in the final if he beat all those players... Most of the time Federer has a much easier time playing against big servers than with baseliners. So if he beat all 3 of these great baseliners, I don't think Roddick would have a good chance of beating Federer... Once Federer is on he's on all week long... (Examples: Wimbeldon, TMC once he is on he is on... period)

sigmagirl91
01-25-2004, 11:08 PM
I can agree with that, but which Federer is going to show up to the match with Hewitt?

mrpenguin
01-26-2004, 05:36 AM
BTW I don't believe anyone can get mentally "stronger"-
you just get more focused and mature ...playing within yourself so to speek

Fed better cruise in the first set and hang THE HELL
in there for the rest coz Hewitt is going for the kill

Mane
01-26-2004, 06:41 AM
Go Lleyton. Lleyton will win.

mrpenguin
01-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Let my money do the talking Roger, and walk the walk.

mrpenguin
01-26-2004, 10:06 AM
R i g h t o n T h e M o n e y $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mrpenguin
01-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Federer never shaves as long as he wins, so watch for
that 5'oclock shadow !

mrpenguin
01-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Didn't choke on THE potato

All credit to Roger for fighting back from one set down.

mrpenguin
01-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Funny, Hewitt's interview didn't touch the subject of the bagel-
what happened there?

mrpenguin
01-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Now they have a rest day tomorrow, and I hope
they'll have a REST DAY between 1/4 and 1/2 and final,
Roger said he was feeling tired playing on R-A surface

rogicomel
01-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Rogi Nalby match scheduled at 7.30 p.m. So Rogi will have enough rest but I'm sure he'll be more motivated to prove that his win over Nalby in Houston wasn't just a fluke.

mrpenguin
01-27-2004, 09:01 AM
What makes me confident, is that Roger has never been afraid
of Nalbi as a player, but he shouldn't underestimate the guy
either, coz he's Hewitt material all the same

sigmagirl91
01-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Apparently, mrp, Roger has not summoned up the ability to beat Nalbi on a regular basis. We saw a glimmer of hope with the match in Houston, but it seems that Nalbi's up for this one.

sigmagirl91
01-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Funny, Hewitt's interview didn't touch the subject of the bagel-
what happened there?

One word:Embarrassment.
How many times have players been able to bagel Hewitt?

mrpenguin
01-27-2004, 02:19 PM
It never happened in a slam according to theage.com.au
One of the big aus papers

sigmagirl91
01-27-2004, 02:23 PM
That's what I thought, so my guess is that it would have been too embarrassing to talk about.

Ma. Estefania
01-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Rogi Nalby match scheduled at 7.30 p.m.

Dammit! :( Then I will probably have to be awake at 4 a.m. :(

*Ljubica*
01-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Dammit! :( Then I will probably have to be awake at 4 a.m. :(

But just think - at least you will only have to do this maybe a couple of times! Us poor souls in Europe have done it 4 times already this tournament (and I did it 3 previous times as well for the Kooyong matches :( ). I'm actually getting quite used to getting up in the middle of the night now - although admit 8.30 am will be a nice and civilised change!! Just hope he can do it!

mrpenguin
01-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Mrs. Sig was right, I should have been betting my whole paycheck
on this, because I've won my two bets totalling $163

Roger is training with juniors, and he's kind of an inspiration
for them :-)

undomiele
01-28-2004, 12:36 PM
what do you mean with juniors?

mrpenguin
01-28-2004, 12:56 PM
I read that from ao-site interview from Roger- he's been hitting with juniors a lot since he doesn't have a coach, and seems real curious about how they play.

Roger said he was looking for new ideas in the coaching area

WyverN
01-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Roger is a genuine nice guy, must be a thrill for the juniors to practice with him

mrpenguin
01-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Ferrero coments:
He added: "I'm going to watch the Nalbandian-Federer match on television. I think they have lots of talent.

"Roger and Nalbandian always battle. Last year they played five sets. I think it's going to be a great match to watch."

rogicomel
01-29-2004, 03:55 AM
Ferrero coments:
He added: "I'm going to watch the Nalbandian-Federer match on television. I think they have lots of talent.

"Roger and Nalbandian always battle. Last year they played five sets. I think it's going to be a great match to watch."

How did Ferrero feel when he watched the match and knowing that Rogi wasn't at his best but still managed to beat Nalby?

allusion
01-29-2004, 04:29 AM
I listened to Roger's press conference on the radio at 11:30pm.
I think it's easy to get slightly big-headed sometimes (not saying that Roger is bigheaded), when so many people, just everywhere - post match interview, press conference, newspapers, commentators - tell you you're the "most talented" player out there right now, one of those; a true "priviledge" to watch...

I mean, Roger's not really that type of guy who thinks that way. He's extremely casual. What I liked most about the match was afterwards, when John McEnroe was interviewing him and wanted him to sort of tell the audience a little bit about who was in the player's box supporting him. And he said something like: "Isn't that what you do after you win the final?"

Hehe. But John McEnroe only did that because he wanted Roger Federer to mention his "girlfriend", and sure enough he did. "I want to thank everbody...my girlfriend, my friends.."

rogicomel
01-29-2004, 05:33 AM
Yeah!!! That was pretty funny IMO. Rogi refused to say that becoz the time was just not right. But since McEnroe insisted, he had to say something.

sigmagirl91
01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
I am watching Fed-Nalby on ESPN now.

Tell me people: where is the supposed bias of PMac and Carillo? Because these two can't shut the hell up bragging about how great Fed and Nalby are....

Another myth put to rest.

Maybe people are getting tired of hearing how great ANDY and ANDRE are....dang, this anything-not-American attitude is rather juvenile, don't you think.

OK, so I am not a great fan of Andy and Andre, but I can at least acknowledge how far they've come in their games and in the sport. Seems like your attacks on Fed and Nalbi are personal. Are they?

RogiFan88
01-29-2004, 09:01 PM
I listened to Roger's press conference on the radio at 11:30pm.
I think it's easy to get slightly big-headed sometimes (not saying that Roger is bigheaded), when so many people, just everywhere - post match interview, press conference, newspapers, commentators - tell you you're the "most talented" player out there right now, one of those; a true "priviledge" to watch...

I mean, Roger's not really that type of guy who thinks that way. He's extremely casual. What I liked most about the match was afterwards, when John McEnroe was interviewing him and wanted him to sort of tell the audience a little bit about who was in the player's box supporting him. And he said something like: "Isn't that what you do after you win the final?"

Hehe. But John McEnroe only did that because he wanted Roger Federer to mention his "girlfriend", and sure enough he did. "I want to thank everbody...my girlfriend, my friends.."

He DID?? I mean Johnny Mac wanted Rogi to mention Mirka?? How strange...

We always get ripped off w interviews... we just don't get them -- they are always cut out of our coverage... :rolleyes: