god ESPN is horrible! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

god ESPN is horrible!

donna1985
01-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Their coverage is nothing short of a Aussie and American pact to kill the intelligent viewers softly.

I mean I was so excited the first few days, but then slowly I came to realize there is no lick of any player that is outside the US and Aus.

How dissapointing!

Short of actually zooming the camera up to their asses, ESPN is devout to give us every detail and minute of an Agassi and Roddick match.
NO THANK YOU!

I'd rather you show us a little of everything please.

Frooty_Bazooty
01-21-2004, 10:36 PM
i know what you mean. thats one of the bonuses of wimbledon i think, cos there are only 2 half decent british players so they have to show everyone elses matches, and henman is cool to watch anyway.

look on the bright side though, at least you have somewhere thats covering the event, i have to watch the whole AO on IBM scoreboard :awww:

Billabong
01-21-2004, 10:38 PM
yah I know.. I was hoping to get some matches today, but they only showed the replays of Agassi and Roddick!!! oh and I forgot the highlights of Blake and Dent... I wanted so much to see Guga!!! So far since the beginning of AO, I saw 4 complete matches: Agassi VS Larkham, Roddick VS Gonzalez, Agassi VS Berdych and Roddick VS Ulihrach! Please show someone else!!!!!

Deboogle!.
01-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Yep it's really frustrating and irritating and even moreso because all the late-night "live" coverage isn't even live. But what can we do *sigh*

Frooty_Bazooty
01-21-2004, 10:41 PM
cant u ring them up and complain or something?

MisterQ
01-21-2004, 10:43 PM
One could make threatening calls, but there's always the danger of arrest.

Do they have the tennis channel yet in prison? That could affect my decision. ;)

Lee
01-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Old news... Old news....

donna1985
01-21-2004, 10:47 PM
oh lol!

Well if I had a # then sure I would.

But the good thing is tomorrow they'll show a Federer match.

Well I don't care if it's old news, god knows I've complained about it before.
But since it's effecting me NOW, i'll bitch and moan about it NOW. Thanks. :angel:

Frooty_Bazooty
01-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Do they have the tennis channel yet in prison?

Well u do spend a lot of time seeing men playing with their balls together but it sure as hell aint tennis

Prophetic
01-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Well u do spend a lot of time seeing men playing with their balls together but it sure as hell aint tennis

:haha:

MisterQ
01-21-2004, 11:01 PM

:haha:

Deboogle!.
01-21-2004, 11:18 PM
well they showed more complete matches. They showed all of Venus/Ashley, all of Lleyton/Cecil, all of Lindsay/Loit all of Flip/Johansson....

Chloe le Bopper
01-21-2004, 11:38 PM
ESPN is lame, true.

This is why I've watched two sets since the slam began :) (Gonzo-Roddick)

MisterQ
01-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Tomorrow they will be showing Santoro/Philippoussis. That should be fun at least! :yippee:

Deboogle!.
01-21-2004, 11:40 PM
yea Q.... yay!!

jmp
01-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by donna1985
Their coverage is nothing short of a Aussie and American pact to kill the intelligent viewers softly.

I mean I was so excited the first few days, but then slowly I came to realize there is no lick of any player that is outside the US and Aus.

How dissapointing!

Short of actually zooming the camera up to their asses, ESPN is devout to give us every detail and minute of an Agassi and Roddick match.
NO THANK YOU!

I'd rather you show us a little of everything please.

Hear hear, donna!

Frooty_Bazooty :sad: :sad: Honestly, I'd rather get ESPNs version of AO coverage than nothing at all or TTC. I can't justify paying for HDTV just to get TTC.

Deboogle!.
01-22-2004, 02:29 AM
well for sure it's better than nothing. It's just too bad they can't even put the American players' on live so that during other times they can show the international players more.

Chloe le Bopper
01-22-2004, 03:15 AM
well for sure it's better than nothing. It's just too bad they can't even put the American players' on live so that during other times they can show the international players more.
I disagree that it's better than nothing, seeing as I don't even watch it :p

It's utter crap.

I'm coinvinced that ESPN is trying to kill the sport of tennis in America. I can think of no other reason why they think I need to see Ulirach-Roddick and Andre-ThomasB in entirety

Deboogle!.
01-22-2004, 03:18 AM
Who knows.... tonight we get Venus and whoever she creamed in less than an hour in full, too. They're also making a point of showing the Aussies, which is intriguing since they're not particularly famous here. It's very frustrating, but they obviously don't listen to our complaints :(

virex
01-22-2004, 03:21 AM
espn international here in brazil isnt that bad... they showed nalbandian vs. some weird guy, then calleri x canas....
tomorrow, espn brazil is going to show venus and federer in the morning....

Lee
01-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Who knows.... tonight we get Venus and whoever she creamed in less than an hour in full, too. They're also making a point of showing the Aussies, which is intriguing since they're not particularly famous here. It's very frustrating, but they obviously don't listen to our complaints :(

Flip is more a Californian than Australian :p

And Hewitt made Sampras looked like playing in the wrong league in USO2001.

Scotso
01-22-2004, 03:36 AM
:fiery:

How stupid. We've seen NO live coverage.

Scotso
01-22-2004, 03:54 AM
did you guys see the interview with the cardboard cutout of Serena? that is an all-time low.

Deboogle!.
01-22-2004, 04:36 AM
all-time low is right

no live coverage except for the first night.... ridiculous

and now they're gonna show the federer match. Do we need to see the first 2 sets? Can't they cut in live???????

MisterQ
01-22-2004, 04:41 AM
so many exciting, tight, dramatic matches today...

*sigh*

Deboogle!.
01-22-2004, 04:57 AM
hey those two points of Reid/Sargisian were great

:rolleyes: