What racquet do you use? And what is good/bad about it? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What racquet do you use? And what is good/bad about it?

adee-gee
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Personally, I use the Babolat Aeropro Drive. Was looking to buy new racquets about a year ago (old ones were giving me bad tennis elbow) so I demoed a few and found the Aeropro Drive to be the best.

Good
- Seem to get a lot more spin on my shots than I did with other racquets.
- High levels of consistency.
- Lots of kick on my serve.
- No tennis elbow.

Bad
- Takes a little while to get fully used to, has a slightly odd feel to it.

Overall, I love it to bits, my game is looking a lot better.

jole
06-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Dunlop 200G

Good: Perfect control. You can go all out on your shots, and if you have good technique you don't have to worry about the ball sailing. I've never had tennis elbow, but I don't know if it's the racquet or technique more.

Good/Bad: Really heavy. I like it, but it might be bad to some people. :p Almost no power. Again, might be bad to some people.

Fee
07-02-2006, 02:37 AM
Prince Triple Threat Warrior

Good: It cost me less than a hundred bucks and its the right weight, balance, and swing weight for my alleged serve and volley game.

Bad: It twists on volleys sometimes. I don't know how to fix that problem. I know it's partially me, but there is something about the racquet too. Might try some lead tape...

El Legenda
07-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Babolat Pure Drive Team Plus

its light and its power baby :lol:

NaDALiTa
07-03-2006, 03:40 AM
i use Babolat Aeropro Pure Drive ....the same than Nadal ....but in a lighter version for women!!!

good: it posesses a great aerodynamism, it's very light and powerfull.

bad : the price :lol: and you have to buy the vibrakill !!!

Julio
07-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I use Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90 and Wilson NSix One Tour 90.

good : i love control for volleys by example and for serve. With a Wilson Sensation String it's very comfortable.

bad : these racquects are too heavy.

Hawkman
07-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I was in the market in Fall 2005 for a new racquet and instead of holding out for the O3's decided to go with the Prince Shark Midplus (Sharpova used this at Wimby when she won)

I have no complaints. Wonderful racquet and suits my all court game. Nice touch and control and plenty of stick; it is almost too easy to generate pace and topspin. It is well balanced and lightweight without being stiff

I love it.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/PSHRK/PSHRKReview.html

RFitzpatrick
07-04-2006, 06:19 PM
I play with an Aero Pro Drive, Duralast strung @24,5kg mains and crosses.

Good: You've got great control and you can hit great passing shots. You can serve good 2nd serves with it. But it is really for baseliners.

Bad: Flat serve and the volleys are difficult to control.

RFitzpatrick
07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm testing Murray's Head racket. Great touch! Nothing negative to say about.

Crocodile
07-04-2006, 06:36 PM
I play with the Head Prestige FP (Mid Plus). Easy playing if we compare it with the first Prestige (Ivanisevic's ones) and still a wonderful power return
I put Intellitour string on it with 27kg tension and it is great.
Many people finds it quite heavy (330 g) but it suits me well, it is the same weight than the old one. I hate <300 g racket, so hard to play with .
The balance is quite neutral.
Main drawbacks is its price but it is worth buying ...

bad gambler
07-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Prince O3

Good:
- better sweetspot to those racquets I have used previously
- light which gives me better control both on serve and groundies
- from a serving perspective, helps me with my kick serving important for me thse days has my general power starts to fade. Groundies, it helps me control topspin.

Bad:
- Main problem I have experienced is that the racquet is very fragile and can break very easily if you're not careful

adee-gee
07-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I play with an Aero Pro Drive, Duralast strung @24,5kg mains and crosses.

Good: You've got great control and you can hit great passing shots. You can serve good 2nd serves with it. But it is really for baseliners.

Bad: Flat serve and the volleys are difficult to control.
Really? I find I'm getting good kick on my 2nd serve with the Aeropro Drive!

jole
07-08-2006, 03:27 AM
I play with the Head Prestige FP (Mid Plus). Easy playing if we compare it with the first Prestige (Ivanisevic's ones) and still a wonderful power return
I put Intellitour string on it with 27kg tension and it is great.
Many people finds it quite heavy (330 g) but it suits me well, it is the same weight than the old one. I hate <300 g racket, so hard to play with .
The balance is quite neutral.
Main drawbacks is its price but it is worth buying ...

Awesome, awesome racquet. :D

FederalExpress
07-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Right now im testing my Wilson nSix one Tour 95 and my Head i.Prestige to see which one I like better.

I think I feel more comfortable with the nSix one Tour 95 because of the somewhat loose stringing pattern which really allows the strings to bite into the ball for a wicked dipping topspin, although the strings move and break quite frequently I will be installing Babolat Elastocross 2 string savers in sometime next week and will see if the string movement is reduced.

Dusteel
07-26-2006, 06:37 AM
well mine is Prince Force 3 Ice Ti... with a perfect hit... mostly like the wilson nSix one Tour 90 just the main problem is the weight... but for all the shots specially the flat service is pure power... I eventually get used to hit with less spin... almost perfect, very effective racket the balance is to to the top of head... and its blue :)...

zicofirol
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Yonex RDX 500 mid, with Luxilon Big Banger Alu- Rough, at 57/58 lbs.

Pros: Good control, great on volleys, solid feel etc.

Cons: It might be a bit to heavy.

Kimmi
07-27-2006, 09:09 AM
I play the Wilson nCode N4 (the one, that Venus plays)
good: great power, light weight
bad: no perfect control, not too good for volleys

andys_gurl
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Babolat super drive.
Advantages -
- Powerful racket
- controlable power
disadvantage -
- not as good on the volleys.

changer7
09-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I am currently using the Dunlop 300G (not to be confused with the 300 mili fil --that racket seems like it's junk). They don't make 300g's anymore, but i still love them. If i was to switch to another racket it would probably have to be the Babolat AeroPro Drive, however. I have previously used the Babolat Pure Drive + and standard and prefer the Dunlop 300G over the rest. That's my personal preference though and each player is entitled to their own opinion. Keep in mind that rackets are not meant to suite everybody.

Tracy_Ace
09-11-2006, 04:07 AM
I use the Wilson nPro open (The Bryans use them)

Pro:
-Amazing sweetspot
-Headlight gives light feeling
-Explosive power comes easy

Con:
-Natural dead spot on top of racquet
-Punished badly for mishits
-Paint chips incredibly easy

Overall very good

Tom J.
09-13-2006, 10:12 PM
I use Head's Prestige Classic 600.

It's always fun to pick out a racquet, but there's lots to consider. This article broke it down pretty well for me -- maybe it'll help you too:

How To Choose a Tennis Racquet (http://www.howtodothings.com/sports-and-recreation/a3495-how-to-choose-a-tennis-racquet.html)

MisterQ
10-20-2006, 03:52 AM
I use a Head Liquidmetal Radical Oversize. I haven't had THAT many different rackets in my life, but out of them this one has been my favorite. It packs some good power if I go for a full swing, but it also has great feel and allows me to make last second adjustments and finesse shots. I string it at a rather high tension and feel that I have good control with it. And it plays quite well at net for a racquet that is associated with one of the great baseliners. ;)

Cons: I imagine there are better racquets for sheer power, or for imparting a lot of topspin.

Fuego Frío
10-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Wilson ncode n3.

good:light weight lots of power looks gr8
bad: not a lot of control and spin

flmmkrz
10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Im another AeroPro Drive user.

Love the spin that comes so easily with this frame. From groundies to big kickers anything touching the strings takes off hopping effortlessly. The control is sweet, allows me to hit those funky angles that I normally dream about at night

I hate it on the first serve. I have always had a decent first serve and all season long I felt like the more I popped a serve the slower the ball went into play. My regular hitting partners agreed that its just slower. Finally got the proof at a tourny that had the speed gun out. I was a good 7-10 mph off my first serve for whatever reason on average. I averaged out at about 118 with my old wilsons but 110-111 seemed to be my max with my apd and I felt like I really caught a couple. My flat serve down the t also seems to like to drift a bit more. Its definately not a servers frame.

NyGeL
10-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Wilson Pro Stuff 90