Prediction [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Prediction

The predictor!
01-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Agassi to beat Nalbandian in the final! you heard it here first!

WyverN
01-21-2004, 12:05 PM
I suspect Henman might beat David in 4th round.
Federer to take out Henman
A surprise package will probably come out of that 3rd quarter

Agassi v Roddick in the semis is a toss up although I really dont think Agassi will win this AO

I may be all wrong but I will go for Federer d Agassi in final

Crazy_Fool
01-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Agassi v Hewitt. I honestly think it'l happen.

Nalbandian v Henman should be a good game, both are playing very well at the moment.

Chloe le Bopper
01-21-2004, 12:20 PM
I don't think that Henman will take out Nalbandian. Nalbandian rarely struggles with Henman... well okay, he does, but he wins unless it's Wimbledon! Sure Henman is playing much better, but so is Nalbandian :)

As for the Agassi over Nalbandian thing... this is actually at least the 5th time I've seen that :)

CooCooCachoo
01-21-2004, 12:26 PM
I think that Nalbandian will indeed beat Henman, and that Federer will beat Nalbandian.

Agassi - Hewitt? No way, though Agassi could well reach the final.

Frooty_Bazooty
01-21-2004, 10:39 PM
i think that whoever wins between nalbandian and henman will beat agassi in the final.

everyone seems to think roddick and federer will win it but i didnt really think that either of them were playing very well coming into the tournament

WyverN
01-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Roddick is in very good form (he hardly got embarassed at Kooyong by David like Andre)

Federer is another story although he played far better in his first round so perhaps he was not giving it his all at the exhibitions

undomiele
01-22-2004, 12:29 AM
I think Nalbandian will beat Henman. Henman just doesnt have that good of a record against Nalby (1-4 HH)and as Rebecca said this ain't WImbledon. Itll be contested though.

As for Roddick, I don't think he's playing as well as he could be but Im interested to see how the Dent-Roddick match goes. That should gouge how well Roddick is playing.

Leo
01-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Nalbandian salivates over playing Henman. Should be a good practice match for him if he is to play Federer (that would require quite a poor effort from Hewitt, too ;)).

My final prediction: Agassi vs. Nalbandian/Hewitt, with Agassi going down.

WyverN
01-22-2004, 12:49 AM
My final prediction: Agassi vs. Nalbandian/Hewitt, with Agassi going down.

At least fanofhewitt is biased, your only excuse is that you are new to tennis.

WyverN
01-22-2004, 12:50 AM
As for Roddick, I don't think he's playing as well as he could be but Im interested to see how the Dent-Roddick match goes. That should gouge how well Roddick is playing.

well roddick is far from his peak that he will reach in the next few years

Leo
01-22-2004, 12:55 AM
At least fanofhewitt is biased, your only excuse is that you are new to tennis.

I'm not, and I don't put my foot in my mouth constantly like you do. No point in arguing over this; time will answer all questions.

Leo
01-22-2004, 12:57 AM
Ferrero just tried a Becker volley but cannot win the point. They say he's putting up a good effort despite slight problems with his elbow and back. Nothing more you can do than that. :)

undomiele
01-22-2004, 01:21 AM
well roddick is far from his peak that he will reach in the next few years

Oh really? Is that what your crystal ball tells you? ;)
Only time can tell really... Roddick might have already reached his peak. :p

*Ljubica*
01-22-2004, 01:26 AM
I think Nalbandian will beat Henman. Henman just doesnt have that good of a record against Nalby (1-4 HH)and as Rebecca said this ain't WImbledon. Itll be contested though.

Yes and it should be 0-5! I was at the Wimbledon match - David was injured and took the next month or so off to recover, - he just couldn't serve at all - that's why Tim beat him, and he still struggled even then.

WyverN
01-22-2004, 01:43 AM
Oh really? Is that what your crystal ball tells you? ;)
Only time can tell really... Roddick might have already reached his peak. :p

so you see no further improvements Roddick can make?

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 01:45 AM
Either that, or it's all downhill for A-Rod!!!!

Sjengster
01-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Yes and it should be 0-5! I was at the Wimbledon match - David was injured and took the next month or so off to recover, - he just couldn't serve at all - that's why Tim beat him, and he still struggled even then.

Although considering that Henman had three matchpoints the first time they played but lost 4-6, 7-6, 7-5, then lost 3-6, 7-6, 6-2 in Basel 2002, it's hardly a given that Nalbandian will always beat him comfortably. In Montreal last year Henman was suffering with an injury I believe, and in Basel he was too busy whining about the heaviness of the balls to actually try and turn the match around.

undomiele
01-22-2004, 02:35 AM
so you see no further improvements Roddick can make?

Sure he can improve a lot and stay in the top 5. But then he could also fall flat on his face, twist his ankle and be out of the game for a year. Safin got injured and sat out a year --it (or worse things) could happen to Roddick.

He could also just plateau and be a one-hit wonder. Maybe he'll marry Mandy and she'll bring his career down a la Brooke Shields ;) . He could also get stabbed in the back. Or, again, he could improve a ton as you say and remain a top player, which is obviously your greatest hope. Everybody else can get better too though.

But to say with the uttermost confidence that he'll peak in the next couple of years when there are so many variables out there is just a tad near-sighted, don't you think? :p

Leo
01-22-2004, 02:36 AM
But to say with the uttermost confidence that he'll peak in the next couple of years when there are so many variables out there is just a tad near-sighted, don't you think? :p

That's Wyvern for ya. Not exactly "open-minded." ;)

WyverN
01-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Or, again, he could improve a ton as you say and remain a top player, which is obviously your greatest hope.

I don't even like Roddick

Obviously that is assuming he does not die in a plane crash or some extreme event like that. I am assuming he does not get injured and has a normal career path.

undomiele
01-22-2004, 02:54 AM
Not all variables have to do with accidents. Or extreme events. He could plateau or just play worse.

Havok
01-22-2004, 02:54 AM
Sure he can improve a lot and stay in the top 5. But then he could also fall flat on his face, twist his ankle and be out of the game for a year. Safin got injured and sat out a year --it (or worse things) could happen to Roddick.

He could also just plateau and be a one-hit wonder. Maybe he'll marry Mandy and she'll bring his career down a la Brooke Shields ;) . He could also get stabbed in the back. Or, again, he could improve a ton as you say and remain a top player, which is obviously your greatest hope. Everybody else can get better too though.

you stooped waaaaaaay low with the stabbing of the back:o, and with that kind of serve, highly unlikely he'll fall down the ranks

sigmagirl91
01-22-2004, 03:02 AM
If you live by the serve, you die by the serve.... :rolleyes:

undomiele
01-22-2004, 03:02 AM
He'll fall enough. IMO not even his serve will keep him from falling from #1 this year.

But I completely welcome him to prove me wrong.

WyverN
01-22-2004, 04:54 AM
He'll fall enough. IMO not even his serve will keep him from falling from #1 this year.

no lower then #2

undomiele
01-22-2004, 01:30 PM
And then you say you don't like Roddick! :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
01-22-2004, 03:00 PM
this is funny... an argument about Andy between two people, neither of whom like him ;)

Anyone want some popcorn?

Havok
01-22-2004, 07:29 PM
yes bunk, pas the popcorn

WyverN
01-22-2004, 09:10 PM
And then you say you don't like Roddick! :rolleyes:

lol, i am not allowed to predict roddick will finish in top 2 without disliking him?
refer to top 10 fav players thread to see the players i like

Chloe le Bopper
01-22-2004, 09:20 PM
lol, i am not allowed to predict roddick will finish in top 2 without disliking him?
refer to top 10 fav players thread to see the players i like
He might finish in the top 2, but he stands a chance of falling lower than that before this very tournament is done.