Join our blogging team! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Join our blogging team!

wtn_amanda
06-26-2006, 11:32 AM
MensTennisForums.com is on the look out for passionate, energetic and opinionated tennis fans who can help bring our network of tennis blogs to life. Interested?

* Do you follow tennis regularly?
* Do you have opinions about the latest news and results on the pro circuit?
* Can you write?

You are not expected to produce short novels every time you post on your site. But if you can post a few lines or paragraphs whenever you have access to new information, gossip, results youíll be on the way to producing a compelling online journal that likeminded fans will love to read.

Hereís what we offer:
* Your own account on our blog system: where you can publish the latest news, results and information about your favorite pro athlete(s) on the professional tour.
* The best tools: the only news publishing system built by tennis fans, for tennis fans.
* Team work: multiple users can work on the same blog; work as a team to produce the most compelling internet resource about your favorite tennis professional.
* Publicity: your blog entries will be featured on leading sports, news and entertainment related websites across the Internet.
* Rewards: earn vCash for your contributions; transferable to your MensTennisForums.com account for special perks and priviledges.

If you are interested in joining our team of bloggers, please send an email to blogs@tennisuniverse.com with the following information:

Name of the player(s) you wish to blog about;
Your name;
Your age;
Your forum username;
A sample blog entry.

Over 100 bloggers are already sharing their passion and publishing their opinions on the TennisUniverse.com network. Why not join them today?

Thanks for your interest!

cobalt60
06-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Ha I bet I can figure out already who will be applying :D Fortunately not me;)
I think this is a bit much MTF rulers but whatever. :p

wtn_amanda
06-26-2006, 07:26 PM
You can join an existing team and site and help contribute. The sites in place were just setup as a starting base for our new ATP section and all need bloggers to get things moving properly.

We only have a few bloggers on the ATP site at the moment. We have hundreds helping on the WTA fan blogs and we need to catch up. :lol:

It's really about pooling the information together we already have on the forums, so it's more easily accessible to people who have less time to browse the sub forums and threads. This has already been a huge success on the WTA site, so we're going to try to catch up and prove MTF can compete with them. :p

It's very similar to posting on the message forums:
You can use all the same emoticons/smilies in your blog posts as you use here;
You can include photos you upload to our photo galleries, or the other popular image sharing sites you use;
You earn $250 vCash for every post instead of $3 for posting on MTF alone (we will be making vCash more valuable in the future with new rewards both on the forums, and things you can claim off it).
You can also attach YouTube videos to your blogs (also known as vBlogging)

Instead of your useful posts getting lost in pages of flame wars, it stays prominently featured on a dedicated fan site.

We think it's a fun project for those who enjoy the concept of web publishing, love being part of this community and want to work together to help build an even bigger universe of tennis information. But we also understand this is not for everyone ;)

cobalt60
06-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Will these blogs be monitored or not?

wtn_amanda
06-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Will these blogs be monitored or not?

They are monitored in terms of our editorial team compiling the best content that appears on our homepage every day. But so far in the months we've been doing this on the WTA site, we've not deleted a single post from any blog site, even controversial entries that created a bit of a stir. :)

Can posts be deleted? Yes in extreme circumstances such as breaking the law, infringing copyright and when served a takedown notice. But that same thing applies to every hosted service on the internet, be it a blog, website or otherwise. It's the legal responsibility we have to abide by as a service provider. But we will not remove content that we disagree with in editorial terms. You are free to express yourself as you like, as long as it's in a lawful manner. :p

El Legenda
06-26-2006, 10:04 PM
hey amanda, not sure if you guys fixed this or not, but when i tryed to trasnfer vCash from there to here, i used my forum ID# (mine is 8296) and nothing transferd, when i clicked on link to see my profile, it took me to WTAworld. so who ever has the same Forum ID# over there got all my vCash :sad:

EDIT. nm, looks like its fixed :yeah: :)

Action Jackson
06-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks for answering that question about whether certain posts will be deleted for not, makes things clearer.

Carlita
06-27-2006, 01:24 PM
:wavey: sorry to rain on your parade here....but can't we keep the blogs in this bit of MTF?

I"m sorry but I opened MTF after my break, went to the player's forums and was :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT 's this!?! I think it looks confusing and messy......like I'm seeing double.... just my opinion of course...... :o

i would really love the old MTF Player Forums back.... :awww: (or can they be put inside the original forums so you only see them when you open a player forum?)

wtn_amanda
06-27-2006, 01:53 PM
:wavey: sorry to rain on your parade here....but can't we keep the blogs in this bit of MTF?

I"m sorry but I opened MTF after my break, went to the player's forums and was :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT 's this!?! I think it looks confusing and messy......like I'm seeing double.... just my opinion of course...... :o

i would really love the old MTF Player Forums back.... :awww: (or can they be put inside the original forums so you only see them when you open a player forum?)

After much testing and consultation on WTAworld.com we concluded this was the best way to do it. We tried mixing the blog entries with each player forum but the general feedback we received is people preferred a separate forum for the threads to break things up. Unfortunately, at this time all blog posts have to be entered as new threads and it clogs forums if we place the entries there with the discussion threads. If that situation changes in future, we will revist the idea of creating a single thread in each forum where all blog entries are made - which is our preference.

Our experience tells there's always plenty of people who take unkindly to any changes we make on the site in the immediate term. :lol: But this is something we've tested for a number of weeks now on the other site and we feel is the best way forward.

Carlita
06-27-2006, 01:59 PM
After much testing and consultation on WTAworld.com we concluded this was the best way to do it. We tried mixing the blog entries with each player forum but the general feedback we received is people preferred a separate forum for the threads to break things up. Unfortunately, at this time all blog posts have to be entered as new threads and it clogs forums if we place the entries there with the discussion threads. If that situation changes in future, we will revist the idea of creating a single thread in each forum where all blog entries are made - which is our preference.

Our experience tells there's always plenty of people who take unkindly to any changes we make on the site in the immediate term. :lol: But this is something we've tested for a number of weeks now on the other site and we feel is the best way forward.Maybe so.... but what's wrong with keeping them all here?

Over in Spanish Armada Land people are going :confused: what's this?!

If you put them with the player forums, you are duplicating in a way...because it's nothing new..... Like Nando falls to Monaco.... we knew that :lol: and when he wins or loses today... we will already know too because we have a cheering thread / news thread, which, imo, work a lot better.

Sorry I'm all for progress, but this really looks confusing! I've been in the wrong part of the threads a few times already!! :lol:

Can't you ask people around here if they like it like this? And if most say they like it, fine.... :shrug:

afterall, we are not WTA World ;)

hmmm oh well, nevermind me.... i'll just do my best to pretend they are not there....

Jenrios
06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Maybe so.... but what's wrong with keeping them all here?

Over in Spanish Armada Land people are going :confused: what's this?!

If you put them with the player forums, you are duplicating in a way...because it's nothing new..... Like Nando falls to Monaco.... we knew that :lol: and when he wins or loses today... we will already know too because we have a cheering thread / news thread, which, imo, work a lot better.

Sorry I'm all for progress, but this really looks confusing! I've been in the wrong part of the threads a few times already!! :lol:

Can't you ask people around here if they like it like this? And if most say they like it, fine.... :shrug:

afterall, we are not WTA World ;)

hmmm oh well, nevermind me.... i'll just do my best to pretend they are not there....

Got to agree with Carlita - the blog in Verdasco's forum is, IMO, just a news report that's a month out of date. Can't see what it adds to the forum at all.

NicoFan
06-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't understand it - :lol:

We already do these things on our own player forums. :confused:

And where did Tangy see who already took a player?

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 03:54 AM
I agree with Carlita too. I mean in the Djokovic forum the blog headline is something about Djokovic beating Goldstein. And since we were posting scores all throughout his match, I have no desire to even read the blog. It just seems repetitive and a little pointless. :shrug:

good_gambler
06-28-2006, 07:31 AM
wtn_amanda is it true that if you are an aspiring sports journalist this can help out in a way? and if so, how? :confused:

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Can I do a Mathieu Montcourt blog? :D

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Got to agree with Carlita - the blog in Verdasco's forum is, IMO, just a news report that's a month out of date. Can't see what it adds to the forum at all.

If you or others in the forum helped post news on the Verdasco blog it wouldn't be out of date. :p

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 09:06 AM
wtn_amanda is it true that if you are an aspiring sports journalist this can help out in a way? and if so, how? :confused:

It can definiitely help because you have real world examples of your work out there on the internet, and samples you can put in your professional portfoilio. We also plug your blog entries to multiple sites, search engines, who will post a teaser and a link back to your blog for the full article. So you're getting promoted on here, exposure on other internet sites, who knows who might read your articles, and you publish work using professional news publishing tools.

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Can I do a Mathieu Montcourt blog? :D

Sure. Our team is easily able to create new blog sites for any players not already setup on the blog network. :) Just send them the information requested to blogs@tennisuniverse.com.

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't understand it - :lol:

We already do these things on our own player forums. :confused:

And where did Tangy see who already took a player?

Here's the thing. Not everyone has time to trawl through pages of threads to find information that interests them. By posting any news and information you have about a player, even if it's already in the forum, you're making the most interesting material easily accessible to far more people. Some of the news threads in the player forums are over 150 pages long :lol:

The blog subforum breaks all this down into one thread articles which is alot nicer for guests and infrequent visitors. And for some, they will prefer to subscribe to your blog using sites such as My Yahoo and visit them when there's updates to read, rather than trawling through 10s of pages of the message forum. It's a nice option but not everyone will use it we know. ;)

It doesn't matter if somebody is already blogging about a player. The system supports multiple users posting news to the same blog. If you feel you want to help contribute, just apply for an account on the system, and you simply login to the blog control panel whenever you have news or information to post :) And you can blog about as many players as you want.

Finally. We're not just looking for huge news articles all the time. Post what you feel like posting, whether it's a few lines updating people on the latest result, or a full blown news piece with quotes and your opinions, every contribution is welcomed.

Just email the following to blogs@tennisuniverse.com:

The player(s) you want to blog about:
Your name:
A sample blog entry:
Your MTF username:

Carlita
06-28-2006, 09:19 AM
If you or others in the forum helped post news on the Verdasco blog it wouldn't be out of date. :pthat's what we do in our News and Articles thread :p :lol:

Also I thought blogs were meant to have small article type thingies. Not he won, he lost and will play blabla.....

I'm not saying the blog option should go.... it should just stay inside the blog forum! :lol:

And maybe there is/or can be found a way to organise the blogs alphabetically so if you are looking for a certain player it's easy to find. :)

for now I will switch on the ignore thing somewhere inside my brain..... :haha:

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 09:24 AM
that's what we do in our News and Articles thread :p :lol:

Yes but not everyone has time to read through hundreds of pages in news and articles threads to find what interests them. :) Some people prefer having the information easily accessible, either a single link, or a simple news blog site, the ability to subscribe to the Fernando Verdasco blog is nice too and be alerted to new articles via Yahoo, Google or AOL for example.

Also I thought blogs were meant to have small article type thingies. Not he won, he lost and will play blabla.....

No a blog entry can be anything you want. It doesn't have to conform to certain standards, people have the freedom to write as much or as little as they feel like at their time, and as often as they want. It can certainly follow the theme of an agency news article in terms of size and content, or it can be a few lines long just updating people briefly what happened that given day.

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Sure. Our team is easily able to create new blog sites for any players not already setup on the blog network. :) Just send them the information requested to blogs@tennisuniverse.com.
Splendid :D

Will do it later ;)

Do I get a player forum for him thrown in as part of the deal? :p

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Splendid :D

Will do it later ;)

Do I get a player forum for him thrown in as part of the deal? :p

Yes you do :)

Carlita
06-28-2006, 10:43 AM
All the entries in the forum are, are links TO the blog..... What if you just put a (sticky if you like) locked topic in each of the player's forums with a link to their particular blog. That way, it will all look less chaotic.

also if there are 50 entries in a blog..... that's also "so many pages to search through" so it could be the same as one of the topics.....

Also, say I'm not from here...I like Verdasco.... I open the Verdasco Forum.... I look at the topics.... think: oooh a blog! (not very likely in my case, but okay;) ) I open it, see the link to the blog, click to enter the blog! Voila! It's not like the messages are in the topic in the player forum. It's just a link to... And if someone thinks the blog is worth the time and energy, he/she can bookmark it, subscribe to it or will know where to find the link to the blog. I take it all the entries go into one and the same blog?

This way people who do not like it are less "annoyed" by it than when it's like it is now.... in your face!

And us posting in the blog as well... hmmm....sorry but I don't feel like posting everything 2-3 times.... ;)

Okay.... this was my final attempt:lol: ;) I'm not holding my breath here...... It's just how I feel about it, and I know quite a few who feel the same...... I'll just pretend they are not there....:p;)

edit: when you open the big player forum, there it is! The blog bit :lol: at the top of all the topics, wonderful! Nicely blend in with the other topics and still at the top so it won't get lost! I guess the think I find annoying is when you look at the Spanish Aramada (in total) you see double names.......(Fernando Verdasco and beneath it Fernando Verdasco Blog) if that bit would be taken away...it would be so much better already. :D (nag nag nag :o :p)

bad gambler
06-28-2006, 11:51 AM
sign me up Mandy

Action Jackson
06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Well I better sign up then it looks like, then again I am not sure how many are going to read what is written anyway.

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Amanda, if you already write news for a website for a particular player, would it be ok to repost this news in a player's blog on here or does it have to be brand new content. As far as copyright and all that, it's me being credited on the other site, so it's my writing... I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem?

Action Jackson
06-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Jess, it should be OK, since it is your work.

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Amanda, if you already write news for a website for a particular player, would it be ok to repost this news in a player's blog on here or does it have to be brand new content. As far as copyright and all that, it's me being credited on the other site, so it's my writing... I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem?

If it's your work, you're free to reproduce it anywhere you like on any site as long as you haven't signed a contract that signs away your artistic rights :p

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
If it's your work, you're free to reproduce it anywhere you like on any site as long as you haven't signed a contract that signs away your artistic rights :p

Excellent :D It will be fairly easy for me to come up with a sample then :) Thanks!

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 12:41 PM
All the entries in the forum are, are links TO the blog..... What if you just put a (sticky if you like) locked topic in each of the player's forums with a link to their particular blog. That way, it will all look less chaotic.

Because we want to highlight the work of those who publish work on our fan network :p This means posting a link to every blog entry....

also if there are 50 entries in a blog..... that's also "so many pages to search through" so it could be the same as one of the topics.....

50 threads is hardly the same as scrolling through hundreds of pages with articles littered among non-articles also posted in the thread.

Also, say I'm not from here...I like Verdasco.... I open the Verdasco Forum.... I look at the topics.... think: oooh a blog! (not very likely in my case, but okay;) ) I open it, see the link to the blog, click to enter the blog! Voila! It's not like the messages are in the topic in the player forum. It's just a link to... And if someone thinks the blog is worth the time and energy, he/she can bookmark it, subscribe to it or will know where to find the link to the blog. I take it all the entries go into one and the same blog?

I've explained the situation repeatedly. :lol: This is the route we've elected to take at this point, but your concern has been duly noted. As I said, once the technology evolves we'll look for other ways to do this better. We're always listening to feedback. I can promise you the way we're doing it now is ten times better than the original implementation on WTAworld. I guarantee, had we launched the ATP blogs the sametime as WTA, you would be celebrating the change we've made to the original implementation where blog entries were swamping the fan forums. :) I'm sure we'll continue to refine and make improvements in the future.

And us posting in the blog as well... hmmm....sorry but I don't feel like posting everything 2-3 times.... ;)

That's entirely reasonable and obviously how many people will feel. :) From our experience on WTAworld, there are people love being part of an independent publishing team building a site dedicated to their favorite player(s); helping to promote a subject they are passionate about in a positive way the mainstream media just doesn't do. Let's face it, unless you're in the top 5-6 you hardly get any press coverage at all unless you happen to be playing (beating or losing) to one of the top players. The power of independent publishing, internet and blogging is changing that. Whole networks are coming together to promote the work of others and rival the mainstream media in a way that has never been seen before. And we're excited to try to be part of this new independent movement in as far as professional tennis is concerned.

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 12:45 PM
sign me up Mandy

Please email the following to blogs@tennisuniverse.com:

The player(s) you want to blog about: (can be an existing ATP Fan Blog or a new site)
Your name: (full name or nickname whatever you're comfortable with)
A sample blog entry: (can be a few lines or paragraphs)
Your MTF username: (obvious)

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Excellent :D It will be fairly easy for me to come up with a sample then :) Thanks!

Wonderful we look forward to seeing your sample :yeah:

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Well I better sign up then it looks like, then again I am not sure how many are going to read what is written anyway.

You never know. We have WTA Fan Blogs for players ranked outside the top 100 that have built up quite a cult following in terms of subscriptions and repeated visitors because they are so excellently produced. :)

Remember the power of blogging means using the same news feeds posted via the news bot here, other news sites and networks also syndicate your content. (we ping loads of different sites everytime you post a new blog entry so they know you updated) So you're not just reaching TU/MTF forum users, you're reaching whole new audiences through the power of blogging. Obviously we hope a few will go on to register on MTF and start posting in the fan forums too, further growing the sub-communities on here.

Carlita
06-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I've explained the situation repeatedly. :lol: This is the route we've elected to take at this point, but your concern has been duly noted. As I said, once the technology evolves we'll look for other ways to do this better. We're always listening to feedback. I can promise you the way we're doing it now is ten times better than the original implementation on WTAworld. I guarantee, had we launched the ATP blogs the sametime as WTA, you would be celebrating the change we've made to the original implementation where blog entries were swamping the fan forums. :) I'm sure we'll continue to refine and make improvements in the future.if you say so I'm sure you know more about these things than I do. To me they just look a bit useless.... but that's just my opinion. I'll keep on ignoring them, until there is a change in what these blogs have to offer... ;)

Everyone who likes them :yeah: good for you, and have lots of fun with them :)

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I see what you're trying to do now. Thanks for the explanations.

I'll do it for Nico (though I'll bring it up on his forum in case someone else has a huge burning desire to do it. :lol: ). If no one else does, I'll send in all the information tomorrow to the email address.

And I think GonzoFan might be willing to do it for Fernando, but I have to talk to her.

Action Jackson
06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
You never know. We have WTA Fan Blogs for players ranked outside the top 100 that have built up quite a cult following in terms of subscriptions and repeated visitors because they are so excellently produced. :)

How about blogs for Umpires? There seems to be a few of the officials who have a bit of fame around the place.

So if there is a blog that is crap and needs improving, then it's OK to help with that?

cobalt60
06-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I am still concerned Amanda about those people who post information which isn't factually based. Some info here gets passed off as fact when it is really fiction or opinion and I feel that is worrisome. In my experience ,sometimes the power of the internet propagates information that just should not be out there. But I wish all well in this endeavor. Any idea how the players might feel about this?

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 01:55 PM
I am still concerned Amanda about those people who post information which isn't factually based. Some info here gets passed off as fact when it is really fiction or opinion and I feel that is worrisome. In my experience ,sometimes the power of the internet propagates information that just should not be out there. But I wish all well in this endeavor. Any idea how the players might feel about this?

In our experience bloggers on our team concentrate on reporting known facts such as match previews, results and match reports. They are not interested in spreading sensationalist stories that stem from the pressure of selling news papers and traditional media outlets. It's a very different environment. When they do pass comment on such gossip, it's usually to rubbish the stories and defend the individual involved.

This new wave of blogging gives power to the individual to write and publish content about subjects that are important to them. I don't believe any player is going to be offended that some of their most passionate fans care to write about their careers in a positive way. :) Quite likely the reverse will be true.

The most important thing is blogging and posting news is fun for alot of people. As fun as posting on the forums. We hope our technology will make it even more enjoyable than using the generic tools offered by the likes of Microsoft and Google. Because our blogging software has been built for the sole purpose of producing tennis blog sites, and making it as easy as possible to produce professional-looking tennis sites with great content.

I feel this all adds an exciting new dimension to a thriving community that is already packed with an awesome amount of information for fans of the sport. The fact ATP players are also party to blogging on on the official tour site shows how far this new publishing medium has come. :)

But I know I can't convince everyone this is an exciting positive thing to be part of. :lol:

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 02:00 PM
How about blogs for Umpires? There seems to be a few of the officials who have a bit of fame around the place.

So if there is a blog that is crap and needs improving, then it's OK to help with that?

At the moment the system only supports blogging about athletes. We are going to expand it to enable you to publish blogs about other things within tennis. Be it your own experiences as an amateur, betting, a general blog about being an armchair fan, etc. I'll let you know when we're ready to move beyong just blogging about the professionals.

You can apply to blog on any of our existing sites. If you feel the content is weak, outdated, can be improved, we actively encourage anyone and everyone to apply and be part of this new project we're taking on.

Every blog has a "blog with us" link on the right hand side of every page. Just click on that, fill in the application and our team will create you an account on system so you can help out when you feel like posting news.

Or if you want to create a new blog for a player that doesn't exist, email blogs@tennisuniverse.com with all the information we need (your name, email address, player you want to blog about and a sample blog entry)

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 02:16 PM
One last question - can more than one person be delegated as a blogger for a player? Say myself and another Nico fan want to share the duties - is that possible? Or is it only one person for each player.

At first I was skeptical but now I'm excited about this! I think it will be great fun!

Jenrios
06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
If you or others in the forum helped post news on the Verdasco blog it wouldn't be out of date. :p

erm, I do, but Carlita usually gets the news before anyone else - it's regularly up-dated. All you have to do to read it is post recent to read the recent news. Anyway, it's obviously staying - I just won't read it.

Carlita
06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
erm, I do, but Carlita usually gets the news before anyone else - it's regularly up-dated. All you have to do to read it is post recent to read the recent news. Anyway, it's obviously staying - I just won't read it.nevermind Jen ;)

the blogs don't have to go, it just looks chaotic now in the Land Forums that's my main objection..... and like you said, we don't have to read it....

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 02:58 PM
One last question - can more than one person be delegated as a blogger for a player? Say myself and another Nico fan want to share the duties - is that possible? Or is it only one person for each player.

At first I was skeptical but now I'm excited about this! I think it will be great fun!

Yes. Everyone is given their own unique blog account(s) to post news and update material on the main blog website.

You should also add your MTF userid to your blog account settings so people can view your forum profile, send your messages, and you can earn and withdraw vCash to your forum account. We'll also soon be adding functionality so people can send feedback on your blog entries to your private message account here.

Deboogle!.
06-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Sorry to add to the questions, but if someone signs up as a blogger for a particular player, does Rusty Backhand stop doing it? I don't know who/what Rusty Backhand even is, it's a bot I'm assuming?

Action Jackson
06-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Sorry to add to the questions, but if someone signs up as a blogger for a particular player, does Rusty Backhand stop doing it? I don't know who/what Rusty Backhand even is, it's a bot I'm assuming?

Rusty Backhand is tbe bot known as Gravity.

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
What if somebody signs up to do a player's blog and sabotages it by posting only the most biased and negative "news" items they can find?
e.g. Me doing Federer's blog :devil:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 06:49 PM
What if somebody signs up to do a player's blog and sabotages it by posting only the most biased and negative "news" items they can find?

I thought of that too - I hope someone isn't that mean to do that. :eek:

A person would have to have an obsessive hatred though to do that. :rolleyes: It took me almost an 1 1/2 hours to write my sample blog. You'd have to really hate a player to spend all that time week after week.

Its bad enough dealing with the trolls on this board sometimes.

Adam... :haha:

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 07:01 PM
I thought of that too - I hope someone isn't that mean to do that. :eek:

A person would have to have an obsessive hatred though to do that. :rolleyes: It took me almost an 1 1/2 hours to write my sample blog. You'd have to really hate a player to spend all that time week after week.

Its bad enough dealing with the trolls on this board sometimes.

Adam... :haha:
I'm proud to be an obsessive hater though :awww:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm proud to be an obsessive hater though :awww:

:lol:

And you're a loveable obsessive hater. :hug:

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Amanda I've sent you my Montcourt entry :p

Do I send it to that email address every time I want to add one?

cobalt60
06-28-2006, 07:59 PM
And I was actually thinking just the opposite :lol: Those obsessed fans with adoration;)

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 08:06 PM
And I was actually thinking just the opposite :lol: Those obsessed fans with adoration;)

I've just been approved to do Novak's. So hopefully I'm not the sort of obsessed fan you mean, Sue :)

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Question! :lol:

So I was updating my profile in the blogging thing, and since Forum UserID is different than my user name... what exactly is that and where do I find it? :smash:

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm confused. All I did was do what it said on the 1st post.

Where does forumid come into things?

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 08:44 PM

I was fooling around in my profile on the blogging thing. It's what they need to transfer your vCash to MTF I think :)

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 08:47 PM
I was fooling around in my profile on the blogging thing. It's what they need to transfer your vCash to MTF I think :)
Erm...you've lost me. Your profile on the blogging thing? :scratch:

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Question! :lol:

So I was updating my profile in the blogging thing, and since Forum UserID is different than my user name... what exactly is that and where do I find it? :smash:

It's the number that appears in the link to your profile:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=8554

8554 is your user id

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 08:56 PM

It's nothing to do with the applying process.

There's a separate site dedicated to managing blog websites. When you login, you can create a profile with some information about yourself, and your forum user id which is used for withdrawing vCash to your MTF account. The User ID will also be used to link to your private message box so people can send feedback about your blog entries in future and make private comments.

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 08:57 PM
It's nothing to do with the applying process.

There's a separate site dedicated to managing blog websites. When you login, you can create a profile with some information about yourself, and your forum user id which is used for withdrawing vCash to your MTF account. The User ID will also be used to link to your private message box so people can send feedback about your blog entries in future and make private comments.
Ah ok, thanks boss :hatoff:

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Amanda I've sent you my Montcourt entry :p

Do I send it to that email address every time I want to add one?

You need to send an email to that address to create new blog websites. If you want to apply to post blogs on existing sites on the blog network, just visit them and click the button in the right hand side of any page titled "Blog With Us"

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 09:05 PM
You need to send an email to that address to create new blog websites. If you want to apply to post blogs on existing sites on the blog network, just visit them and click the button in the right hand side of any page titled "Blog With Us"
Got it. But there needs to be an existing blog thingy there *hint* *hint* :p

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 09:18 PM
It's the number that appears in the link to your profile:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=8554

8554 is your user id

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 09:39 PM
I sent in my email to blog for Nico's site! Yeay! :yeah:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh, there are plenty of obsessed anti-fans who have a lot of energy they devote to hating on certain players. :devil: Roddick, in particular, attracts a lot of these backwards fans, which is why I brought it up in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if some obsessed freak like Dirk or Tourmalante or some other nutjob, signed up for Andy's (or even Rafa's) blog only to post a bunch of pro-Roger/anti-Andy-Rafa garbage. :lol:

I also wouldn't trust Deivid or Adam :kiss: to run a blog for Roger, either, but I think the mods are aware of these little troublemakers. ;)

:lol: Poor Adam.... he's got a reputation. ;)

Yes, you have your share of problem posters for Andy. :sad: I don't know how you all deal with it. :shrug:

Hopefully if people show up on these blogs and cause trouble, it will be easy to get their posts deleted. This should be fun, and if we have to deal with a lot of trolls, it will suck the joy out of it. Which I guess is their intention.

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 09:56 PM
I sent in my email to blog for Nico's site! Yeay! :yeah:
Do I see a sneak preview?

Can I write one about how he shouldn't wear a bandana because he looks silly :p

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Do I see a sneak preview?

Can I write one about how he shouldn't wear a bandana because he looks silly :p

:haha:

Jerk! :lol:

No! No sneak preview for you. :p

If you apply to come post on his blog, I'm going to deny you. ;) :lol:

And he doesn't look silly in his headband. :( :lol: Although I will admit - I do prefer the cap. ;)

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 10:07 PM
And he doesn't look silly in his headband. :( :lol: Although I will admit - I do prefer the cap. ;)
I win :p

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
:lol: sorry, I'm being a pain.

In my profile on the blogging site, when it's supposed to link to my forum profile it takes me to someone else's profile on WTAWorld. :scratch:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 10:19 PM

You are such a nut Adam! :lol:

But stop picking on my Nico... :haha:

Now that I know you like Puke Boy - I could start some threads about him in GM like you did for Nico back in the fall. :devil: From what I gather, he doesn't have many fans so my threads would be quite popular. But I'm more mature than that. ;) :haha:

So here's one for you - Nico with Puke Boy - and I'm even giving you one with Puke Boy's winning score. :lol:

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 10:22 PM
:lol: sorry, I'm being a pain.

In my profile on the blogging site, when it's supposed to link to my forum profile it takes me to someone else's profile on WTAWorld. :scratch:

They've setup your account incorrectly. :mad: I'll get them to fix this ASAP.

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 10:22 PM
They've setup your account incorrectly. :mad: I'll get them to fix this ASAP.

Thanks :D It wouldn't be so bad if it at least took me to MY profile on WTAWorld. :lol:

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 10:33 PM

You are such a nut Adam! :lol:

But stop picking on my Nico... :haha:

Now that I know you like Puke Boy - I could start some threads about him in GM like you did for Nico back in the fall. :devil: From what I gather, he doesn't have many fans so my threads would be quite popular. But I'm more mature than that. ;) :haha:

So here's one for you - Nico with Puke Boy - and I'm even giving you one with Puke Boy's winning score. :lol:
Nico is so evil :eek: He's got this glare in his eye like he's going to eat Andy for dinner later :scared:

savesthedizzle
06-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Profile issue all fixed now, thanks Amanda :D

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Lynn stop spoiling this thread :p

*tut* *tut* what are we going to do with these troublemakers :rolleyes:

wtn_amanda
06-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks :D It wouldn't be so bad if it at least took me to MY profile on WTAWorld. :lol:

I know :lol:

Profile issue all fixed now, thanks Amanda :D

I'm glad. They fixed it much quicker than even I expected :yeah:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Lynn stop spoiling this thread :p

*tut* *tut* what are we going to do with these troublemakers :rolleyes:

Yup....what are we going to do with these troublemakers. ;) :p :lol:

:eek: I hope they all realize we're just goofing around. :lol: Both of us will be denied to do blogs. :p

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 10:52 PM

Yup....what are we going to do with these troublemakers. ;) :p :lol:

:eek: I hope they all realize we're just goofing around. :lol: Both of us will be denied to do blogs. :p
:haha: that would be quite funny :rolls:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 10:55 PM
:haha: that would be quite funny :rolls:

lmao! :lol:

Really...Adam and I love each other!!! Don't deny us blogs. :lol:

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
lmao! :lol:

Really...Adam and I love each other!!! Don't deny us blogs. :lol:
We do. Our love for Massu brought us together :hearts:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 10:57 PM
We do. Our love for Massu brought us together :hearts:

An eternal, ever lasting love. :hearts:

adee-gee
06-28-2006, 11:00 PM
An eternal, ever lasting love. :hearts:

Absolutely :couple:

Right I'm off to bed I have to get up at 4.30am to go to Wimby :scared:

Goodnight :zzz: :hug:

NicoFan
06-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Absolutely :couple:

Right I'm off to bed I have to get up at 4.30am to go to Wimby :scared:

Goodnight :zzz: :hug:

Nite Adam! :hug:

Jealous...I want to see Rafa tomorrow! :sad:

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry we turned the thread into a chat thread. Seems to happen when Adam is involved. :lol: (Since he's not here, I can blame him. ;) :lol: )

savesthedizzle
06-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Do you get a new account for every blog you sign up for or are they usually all under one account? It seemed like there was a drop down menu that would let you switch between players blogs if you did more than one.

I'm sorry I'm such a pain. :lol:

*edit* Nevermind because it does seem to combine the vCash so maybe it still recognizes me? I just have to sign out and relog in to do each blog I guess. I am babbling... ah, never mind.

NicoFan
06-29-2006, 07:49 PM
:lol: Tangy...I was wondering the same thing. I can't wait to start!

EDIT: I just checked my email - got it! :woohoo:

_pyromatic
06-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Is there some sort of editor? I'd like to do the Mario blog but my grammar can be a bit pathetic at times. :tape:

adee-gee
06-29-2006, 11:27 PM
I thought I was getting a Montcourt forum :awww:

El Legenda
06-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Amanda :wavey: I signed up so when do you give me blogging powers? :)

NOO!!!!!!!!! dont let tangy do it, she is in it for the vCASH and vCash ONLY :lol:

adee-gee
06-30-2006, 06:38 PM
We want our Montcourt forum :bounce: :rocker2: :banana: :yippee:

NicoFan
06-30-2006, 06:51 PM
You still haven't received the info yet Adam? That's strange... :confused:

savesthedizzle
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
You still haven't received the info yet Adam? That's strange... :confused:

He got the blog I think. He just wants the forum Amanda said came with the blog ;)

adee-gee
06-30-2006, 06:57 PM
He got the blog I think. He just wants the forum Amanda said came with the blog ;)
*nods*

Mathieu is getting very upset. He visited his blog and saw a link to MTF, so he came here and was distraught to see he didn't have his own forum. I told him I'd fight tooth and nail for the forum. So I will :armed:

savesthedizzle
06-30-2006, 06:59 PM
*nods*

Mathieu is getting very upset. He visited his blog and saw a link to MTF, so he came here and was distraught to see he didn't have his own forum. I told him I'd fight tooth and nail for the forum. So I will :armed:

Tell him to give Ilija a call and they can mope together. :sad:

NicoFan
06-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Ahhhh I see. :lol:

And hey Jess - I saw your blog! Very very nice. I really liked it! :yeah:

savesthedizzle
06-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Ahhhh I see. :lol:

And hey Jess - I saw your blog! Very very nice. I really liked it! :yeah:

Thanks!!! :hug:

savesthedizzle
07-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Amanda :wavey:

How does one become the Master of the blog account?

I was also curious about that :)

adee-gee
07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
*puts on whiny voice*

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaanda can we have the Montcourt forum please?

Thank you :kiss:

adee-gee
07-04-2006, 01:55 PM
:sad:

Nathaliia
07-04-2006, 05:49 PM
*puts on whiny voice*

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaanda can we have the Montcourt forum please?

Thank you :kiss:
After today, rather JMDP should get it :nerner:

adee-gee
07-04-2006, 07:21 PM
After today, rather JMDP should get it :nerner:
I don't see any blog entries for JMDP :ras:

Poor Mathieu is in a slump, and it's all because he hasn't got his own forum. I hope you can sleep at night Amanda :(

NicoFan
07-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Dont' know if Amanda is still looking at this but I put in this weekend to do Fer Gonzalez's blog too and I haven't heard back yet. :shrug: Wondering what's happening with that.

CrazyTennisGirl
07-13-2006, 12:23 PM
hiya! would like to join the blogging team. what should i do? im new and this is alllllll so colourful for me

Havok
07-31-2006, 02:40 AM
Just sent in my "application" for blogging here on MTF. I already blog for WTAW (Dokic, Golovin, Pierce, Hingis) and love blogging, Plus you make mad vcash as well :drool:. I can't wait to start blogging for Roddick, Haas and Gasquet now :banana:.

Fumus
08-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Just sent in my "application" for blogging here on MTF. I already blog for WTAW (Dokic, Golovin, Pierce, Hingis) and love blogging, Plus you make mad vcash as well :drool:. I can't wait to start blogging for Roddick, Haas and Gasquet now :banana:.

Naldo come back the Roddick forum..wtf mate.

adee-gee
08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Amanda I love you :smooch:

happy928
08-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Amanda I love you :smooch:
wasss up brah?

Who's Amanda? Is she hot?

HELLOOOOOOO MANDY :p

good_gambler
08-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Happy you fool. :haha:
Have you been sniffing happy gas?

Amanda is the administrator / moderater.

El Legenda
08-06-2006, 01:19 AM
HELP...can someone give me the link for Login for blogs...the CP user page help :sad:

adee-gee
08-06-2006, 01:31 AM
HELP...can someone give me the link for Login for blogs...the CP user page help :sad:
http://cp.tennisuniverse.com :)

El Legenda
08-06-2006, 11:06 AM
http://cp.tennisuniverse.com :)
:smooch: ;) :worship:

Havok
08-14-2006, 01:02 AM

:shrug: I sent in my little "application" and blog all the time for WTAWorld so why is it taking forever to get one for MTF?

wtn_amanda
08-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Our blogging software has been updated to v2.20. It incorporates a number of new features and enhancements to improve your blogging experience. We have highlighted the main visible changes in the below notes.

What's New in Caro 2.20

New Improvements:
- Photos from your MensTennisForums.com athlete gallery now appear inside your blog entries;
- Added support for social bookmarking (Share This Story!);
- WTAworld.com/MensTennisForums.com smilies and emoticons now fully supported;
- Added mood expressions; express your mood to your readers at the time of publishing your latest entry;
- Attach streaming video to your blogs (vBlogging) using the popular YouTube service;
- New online support section with tools and tips to help you get the most out of the Caro blogging experience;
- Blog entry publish preview now shows moods/smilies icons when used;
- View 'Did You Know' Facts entered by your entire team.

belco
08-27-2006, 01:08 PM
hey jess where is that Viktor blog u were talking about last nite :P

Havok
08-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Um, it's almost been a MONTH and nothing!:shrug:

I really want to blog for my male players :sad:.

Blah goes to blog for the ladies for now about the upcoming US Open :D.

wtn_amanda
08-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Here is news about the latest improvements to our blogging platform. The features in this release are mainly related to enhancing the TennisUniverse homepage experience, but naturally these changes are beneficial to every publisher on the content network. So we figured you'd like to hear about them. Here's the update from our engineering team:

What's New in Caro 2.30

New Improvements:

- Added preferential TennisUniverse.com news;
a) visit http://atp.tennisuniverse.com if you want ATP Tour related news
b) visit http://wta.tennisuniverse.com if you want WTA Tour related news
c) visit http://www.tennisuniverse.com if you want a mix of both WTA Tour and ATP Tour news

- Added rotating news headlines to TennisUniverse.com
a) three most recent blog entries are rotated automatically as the top current story; giving everyone a fairer shot at more exposure
b) also applies to http://atp.tennisuniverse.com & http://wta.tennisuniverse.com
c) see this in action by refreshing a TennisUniverse.com news homepage page a few times

- TennisUniverse.com Homepage News is now built far more frequently with latest blog entries across the network;

- Browse all headlines on TennisUniverse.com
a) Shows current month headlines for all blogs by default
b) Search on date; year; type (i.e. WTA/ATP/All Blogs)

- Random DID YOU KNOW fact shown on TennisUniverse.com homepage with link to blog

GugaRocksMySocks
08-28-2006, 04:31 PM
I might be interested in doing a blog. But how often do i have to contribute??? With school and other commitments i'm not sure if i'd be able to contribute much so is it worth me applying or not???

wtn_amanda
09-01-2006, 11:16 PM
I might be interested in doing a blog. But how often do i have to contribute??? With school and other commitments i'm not sure if i'd be able to contribute much so is it worth me applying or not???

You can contribute as often as you like. There's no pressures.

wtn_amanda
09-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Some cool news for bloggers! Many of your articles are now being syndicated across the global Google News network at:
http://news.google.com/

For example:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=aravane&btnG=Search+News

If you produce a particuarly interesting and popular article, you could soon find yourself appearing on the Google News Sports homepage.

El Legenda
02-13-2007, 03:32 AM
I forgot my password :confused: help

adee-gee
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
So did I :lol:

PittsburghTennis
05-07-2007, 08:04 PM
http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y04X3217380X4503487/102-3802662-1139323

Ferrero Forever
07-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Is there already a Ferrero blog? If not I'll do one if it's ok with everyone.

Tennistunes
09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
The following is an interesting question and answer session with Rene Stauffer, the author of THE ROGER FEDERER STORY, QUEST FOR PERFECTION, the first US published biography of Roger Federer. Federer won his record fourth straight US Open menís singles title Sunday, defeating Novak Djokovic of Serbia 7-6, 7-6, 6-4 in the championship match. The title also marked Federerís 12th career Grand Slam singles title, tying him with Roy Emerson for No. 2 all-time for most Grand Slam menís singles finals, two shy of Pete Samprasí 14 Grand Slam singles titles. For more info on THE ROGER FEDERER STORY, QUEST FOR PERFECTION, go to www.rogerfedererbook.com.

Q: What are your thoughts and impressions of Rogerís win at the US Open?

STAUFFER: Roger did not play his best tennis overall. It was more hard work than magic, but certainly his hunger and desire to win were as big as ever. That's what carried him through all those difficult moments in the semis and final. I'd say he won due to this desire, his mental strength and toughness as well as his ability to stay calm and positive, even facing set point after set point. He also won based on his experience in all these major finals and his ability to change his game if things did not work as well as he wished.

Q: How does Rogerís four straight US Open titles compare to his five straight at Wimbledon? Is this more significant of an achievement since the hard courts of the US Open are more of an equalizing surface and there are more players who have the ability to beat him on hard courts than grass courts?

STAUFFER: Good question. Actually Rogerís four US titles in a row are more meaningful and representative of his overall strength, because hard courts are a fair surface for everybody and there is much more competition than on grass, which doesnít suit a lot of players well. But since Wimbledon was always closer to Roger than Flushing, even as a kid, his five Wimbledon titles mean more to him, and having tied Borgís record this year, certainly stands above his fourth U.S. title and was the defining moment of 2007.

Q: Did you find it difficult to write a book about Federer's career while it was in progress?

STAUFFER: Of course this was a challenge. There are several risks involved and you need a little luck that things don't change too dramatically after the book is out, otherwise it might look very old very quickly (like injuries, form slumps, changes in his entourage etc...) So far, i was pretty lucky, but there is nothing i can do to influence that.

Q. With his legacy depending on the outcome on how Federer handles future matches with him, do you think this book will be obsolete in four years?

STAUFFER: I don't agree with this theory. In my opinion, Nadalís influence on Roger and his legacy is far less important than that. A guy who won that many Grand Slam titles is an all-time-great in tennis, regardless of anything that will happen from now on. And there is a good chance that Roger is picking up more majors in the coming years. So I guess this book will stay interesting much longer, especially since one of it's main focuses is in Rogers early years, his upcoming and struggle to get to the top.

Q. Did you have trouble avoiding a hagiography given the apparently close relationship between you and Federer and Federer's family?

STAUFFER: I knew about the risk. But being a professional journalist for 25 years, I learned how to separate job and private life in the real important relations. Knowing somebody well should not mean that you loose the right for a certain distance. I know that there are some parts in the book that Roger would have written differently, and I can live with that.

Q. How, if at all, do Federer's interviews compare when speaking in German versus English?

STAUFFER: Since the Swiss German press conferences feature a smaller, more intimate group, they are much more interesting for us. Often the questions are more specific, and Roger is speaking more freely, using a broader vocabulary. Sometimes he is also less diplomatic in his mother tongue. Thatís why we from the Swiss media appreciate him giving us special interviews after every match.

Q. What do you make of Federer's difficulty with coaches? Is it stubbornness or does he truly not need one usually? Do you think a coach would have helped his tactics in some of the matches with Nadal?

STAUFFER: I think Federer outgrows his coaches, because he is a very fast learner. Maybe there is a coach around who could tell him exactly how to beat Nadal, but I doubt that he exists. Otherwise, Roger might have found him. To be honest: I don't think that many coaches know as much about tennis as Roger. He is always adapting and analyzing. Just a reminder: he has won four of the last six matches against Rafa, one even on clay.

Q. How important do you think winning a French Open is to Federer and his legacy?

STAUFFER: Thatís a good question, and I agree that the French is a very important point to clarify Rogerís legacy. In my opinion, you can really call him the greatest player of all time only if he wins there as well. But he should have some years left, and I really like his chances in Paris.

Q. How do you account for his reluctance to play for the Davis Cup team?

STAUFFER: Roger has played more Davis Cup matches already than most of the players ever will. He only missed three first round ties in 05, 06 and 07, and he only did it to focus on the Grand Slams. He had to sacrifice the Davis Cup for the Majors, and I think, that he made the right decision, if you look at his results. Of course he also tried to avoid injuries by skipping the Davis Cup first rounds. I am convinced that he will refocus on the Davis Cup again sooner or later.

Q. Does his friendly relationship with the media earn him free passes at certain times?

STAUFFER: It certainly doesn't do any harm.

Jhoni22
11-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Este es mi blog, esta dedicado a Carlos Berlocq :worship: , si lo quieren conocer los esperon en http://charlyberlocq.wordpress.com/

Saludos

Jandres
03-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Mi blog es sobre los tenistas ecuatorianos que juegan por el mundo, tambien es de futbol...
www.futboltenisecuador.blogspot.com
visítenlo!!! Saludos

Ertl93
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
I could write a blog about Kohlschreiber and Brands?!

Ertl93
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
I could write a blog about Kohlschreiber and Brands?!

Could somebody open two topics in the german player thread, called Daniel Brands/Philipp Kohlschreiber. I would need the same like by Haas and Kiwi.

It would be nice, because I could write a blog about these two players.

BrunoBeidacki
03-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Can i write about Thomaz Bellucci?

tierry71
12-10-2013, 08:13 PM
hello

tierry71
12-10-2013, 08:15 PM
hooray it works !i'm here too

ClutchOnandWin
01-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Sent in my applicaiton. :yeah: