Do you think it is possible that Paradorn and Agassi will meet in round4? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you think it is possible that Paradorn and Agassi will meet in round4?

pomnok
01-20-2004, 01:57 PM
Do you think it is possible that Paradorn and Agassi will meet in round4? If it has a chance, you think who will you cheer?

Dirk
01-20-2004, 03:05 PM
If Guga gets by Ivan tonight. He will meet Andre in Rd 4.

Prodigy
01-20-2004, 03:28 PM
If Paradorn is in his best form, he could meet Andre and win the match. But he usually up and down. His problems are first serve and inconsistency.
BTW, it would be great if he reach final in the Grandslam of Asia/Pacific.

Sjengster
01-20-2004, 04:40 PM
If Kuerten by some miracle scrapes past Ljubicic (and if he did, it would probably be because of the Croat's dodgy shoulder - ah, the irony, Kuerten needs to draw two injured opponents to make the third round at the AO) then I can't see him beating the Flying Pan. An Agassi-Srichaphan 4th round would be interesting after the Wimbledon match, but the Thai's physical conditioning is suspect in these long 5-set matches in the Australian heat - he could play a blinder for a set and a half and then start to fatigue. I look forward to Agassi and Enqvist in the third round...

TennisLurker
01-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Me too, I dont think Enqvist will be on the tour after this year, and this could be his last victory (and a great one) over Agassi.

Excluding Sampras (the greatest baldy shaver), Enqvist, Rios and Kucera are the 3 best baldy shavers.
I would say they are tied.
But if Enqvist defeats Agassi in the Australian open I would have to say that he is better shaving the baldy than Rios and Kucera.

TennisLurker
01-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Probably, but, how can you be so sure?

Enqvist always plays very tough matches against Andre, somehow Enqvist always wins the last set.
He has a winning record against Andre, and he has beaten Andre at the first round of the us open.

Probably Andre will win, because Enqvist is past his prime, by far, and cuz Andre always plays amazing in Australia.
But, Enqvist will be very motivated, I think he can upset Andre.
Enqvist in his prime beats Andre in his prime more often than not.

renatoal
01-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Look forward for Guga, could be a surprise in AUSOpen ...

MisterQ
01-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Me too, I dont think Enqvist will be on the tour after this year, and this could be his last victory (and a great one) over Agassi.

Excluding Sampras (the greatest baldy shaver), Enqvist, Rios and Kucera are the 3 best baldy shavers.
I would say they are tied.
But if Enqvist defeats Agassi in the Australian open I would have to say that he is better shaving the baldy than Rios and Kucera.

How about Hewitt? He's 4-3, just like Kucera. And Ferrero is 3-2, like Enqvist.

Kucera leads 4-3
Enqvist leads 3-2
Rios leads 2-1

Deboogle!.
01-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Sorry..... I just don't see Andre losing before the QF and probably even SF and even then the people he'll most likely face there are people he's got pretty well figured out.

TennisLurker
01-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Enqvist leads Agassi 54, not 32

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/headtohead/head2head.asp?player1=enqvist&player2=agassi

And Kucera is better shaving the baldy because Hewitt never defeated Agassi in a grand slam, Kucera defeated Agassi in grand slams twice.

TheBoiledEgg
01-20-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm waiting for a long awaited Enqvist vs Agassi battle too

they met last yr, Enqvist won that one as well when he was in a total slump, and Andre on fire in the early part of 2003.

MisterQ
01-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Enqvist leads Agassi 54, not 32

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/headtohead/head2head.asp?player1=enqvist&player2=agassi

And Kucera is better shaving the baldy because Hewitt never defeated Agassi in a grand slam, Kucera defeated Agassi in grand slams twice.

Thanks for the correction, TennisLurker. Funny, I looked it up in the same place you did. must have been tired.

i love paradorn
01-21-2004, 06:09 AM
paradorn has a shoulder injury and agassi will win, but he wont win easily like in his first 2 matches