What did Pat Cash say about Federer exactly? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What did Pat Cash say about Federer exactly?

Gandalf
01-20-2004, 08:56 AM
This is from Roger's interview today. He sounds very pissed with Pat, but the quote of the journalists doesn't look THAT bad :confused:

Q. Pat Cash has expressed some concern about you not having a coach, that you can't get the very best out of yourself if you don't have one. What is your own view at the moment, starting with a Grand Slam without one?

ROGER FEDERER: You know, I'm happy. You know, everybody seen today on the court that I was feeling good and playing well, that was a good sign. I know it's difficult to start the season without a coach. But that was my decision. It was something I thought about a long time. You know, it's not something I came up after Houston, it was something that was already going on for half a year or something.

So what Pat Cash really says, you know, I don't really care.

Q. Was it a distraction?

ROGER FEDERER: I didn't read the article. People just told me. I cannot believe what he says. Everything he said is not true. I don't even know Pat Cash. As long as I don't really know him, I can't take it seriously because he doesn't know me then in that case.

I know what is true and what is not true. What he is saying is definitely not right. It's not fair.

Dirk
01-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Roger has said he will get a coach soon. I trust he will be ok here at Oz. Cash does bring up a good point although he is probably way off in many of his statements.

Chrisie
01-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Pat Cash said in his London column that Federer is hurting his game by coaching by his girlfriend. I assume he means Federer should get a coach soon, but this statement is a bit absurd.

Lisbeth
01-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Cash is a twit. Every 6 months or so he craves attention and spouts off about Flip's love life or the womens' physique or whatever press-grabber comes into his head. We ignore him and I hope Fed does too - though maybe a coach is not such a terrible idea, LOL!

star
01-20-2004, 12:54 PM
The question is: Why doesn't Federer want a coach?

At least that's the question I've been asking myself.

Doris Loeffel
01-20-2004, 02:00 PM
well it's not that he doesn't want to have a coach it's that he want to get someone who can bring up new ideas an new impulses to him that's why he split with Peter it all became to much of a routine. He want's not to rush this important mather that's why he's taking time to look around for the perfect match ;)

CooCooCachoo
01-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Cash is a twit. Every 6 months or so he craves attention and spouts off about Flip's love life or the womens' physique or whatever press-grabber comes into his head.

And to think that we actually agree on something ;)

Roger should take it slowly. Rushing things will cause more problems than the absence of a coach might do, and as a matter of fact, he did win his first round match easily.