Well done Miami!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Well done Miami!!!

RaghuBhai
06-21-2006, 05:20 AM
This is truly unbelievable!!!! i never thought miami would be able to win the championship this easily. i believe dallas were clear favourites for this but hats off to maimi who showed some real consistency in winning 4 in a row and taking the title.

Dallas had a real good opportunity to win this, but i guess they didn't make good use of it or they were just unlucky which i dont know becaue i didn't watch any of the games except for the first one. From the first one i felt like dallas is definately winning the series so i didn't really bother watching it. In the post game resports i read how dallas lost over 10 points lead in the 4th quater on several occasions just to blow up the game.

I also feel that Dallas were under a lot of pressure to perform especially after losing 3 in a row and thats were experience played a big part. All in all i really feel that miami did a great job in defeating dallas and they truly deserve to be the CHAMPIONS!!!

I am sure Kobe wouldn't be enjoying this.... :D

PerfectPairs
06-21-2006, 06:01 AM
Dallas must still be cursing howard mistake for accidently calling the timeout early at the end of game 5...

Game 5 was a thriller - Dwade was unstoppable. Didnt watch game 6 but it looks like they clamped down on wade in defence which left the other heat players free in offense.

Hopefully shaq can practice some free throw shooting in during the break :eek: :devil:

SwiSha
06-21-2006, 06:53 AM
change the topic in well done REFS

this is a fuckin disgrace..NBA is strictly about business..u can t touch Wade without blowing a whistle..game 3 5 and 6 decided by the refs .. NBA wanted his new Jordan they got him now ..well done STern and the refs

btw don t get it twisted i am not a Nowitzki (although i m living in Germany)

PerfectPairs
06-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Ref's calls go both ways Swisha. U get some bad calls aganst the MAVs and there were bad calls on the heat too...

I dont think MAVs wouldnt have even been in the finals had it not been for ref calls - especially against the spurs

One thing that stood out was Wade's clutch shooting - amazing :worship:

SwiSha
06-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Ref's calls go both ways Swisha. U get some bad calls aganst the MAVs and there were bad calls on the heat too...

I dont think MAVs wouldnt have even been in the finals had it not been for ref calls - especially against the spurs

One thing that stood out was Wade's clutch shooting - amazing :worship:

in crucial moments the HEAT.,or let me say Wade got the calls that is all that matters..

on the other hand u can also say it is Mavs fault..being up 2-0 and having a 13 point lead in game 3 7 mins remaining

still u get the feeling that the outcome of a game in the nba is not decided on the court anymore..

RaghuBhai
06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
i believe both of you are the fans of the opposite team...hence you might not agree with each other.

i respect both your opinions, but to be honest a game cannot just be decided by the refree's calls...eventually you have to play well. i think dallas screwed it up big time especially on a couple of occasions where they didn't capitalize on the lead.

i feel a lot of credit should be given to miami especially wade...and for dallas they played well throughout the series but in the end they just got frustrated and couldn't control their emotions.

finally my opinions are neutral since i dont support any of the teams.

PerfectPairs
06-21-2006, 05:38 PM
in crucial moments the HEAT.,or let me say Wade got the calls that is all that matters..

on the other hand u can also say it is Mavs fault..being up 2-0 and having a 13 point lead in game 3 7 mins remaining

still u get the feeling that the outcome of a game in the nba is not decided on the court anymore..

I didnt watch game 6, but I dont agree.

yes, there are ridiculous fouls, as referees dont have the luxury of watching it on replays and have to ajudicate on the spot. But to say the game is not decided on the court is far fetched.

The most ridiculous foul I recall was in one of the spurs v mavs finals game a few weeks or months back where dirk got the ball and got the foul on bowen who barely touched him. This was a crucial moment that lost them the game and ultimately the series. But it happens. People (referees included) make mistakes, but i dont think they go out of their way to favour one team (especially for the away team). If any slight favours were to be given for 50-50 calls, it usually goes to the home team...

PerfectPairs
06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
i believe both of you are the fans of the opposite team...hence you might not agree with each other.

finally my opinions are neutral since i dont support any of the teams.

relax RB - no need to be the mediator in this discussion lol. It aint like we are having a biffo or anything. :angel:

And plus- i aint a heat fan. I just liked winning money bcos of the Heat since my favourite team (houston rockets) were no way close to reaching the finals :mad:

SwiSha
06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
The most ridiculous foul I recall was in one of the spurs v mavs finals game a few weeks or months back where dirk got the ball and got the foul on bowen who barely touched him. This was a crucial moment that lost them the game and ultimately the series. But it happens. People (referees included) make mistakes, but i dont think they go out of their way to favour one team (especially for the away team). If any slight favours were to be given for 50-50 calls, it usually goes to the home team...

That is exactly what i m sayin..you can t make calls like that in the crunch time..Wade decided 3 games in this series by Fts getting these calls at the end..

PerfectPairs
06-21-2006, 06:03 PM
That is exactly what i m sayin..you can t make calls like that in the crunch time..Wade decided 3 games in this series by Fts getting these calls at the end..

but to say the game is fixed is going a bit far...

any good player is aware of how to draw fouls where the defence is forced to make crucial decisions. Mavs should have isolated dirk and done the same thing if they wanted free throws

and lets face it, the heat arent the best free throw shooting team around... :devil:

Usually refs do put the whistle away in crunch time. Will eventually watch game 6 to see if the fouls were fair play :cool:

SwiSha
06-22-2006, 07:58 PM
but to say the game is fixed is going a bit far...

never would go so far to say it was fully fixed

any good player is aware of how to draw fouls where the defence is forced to make crucial decisions. Mavs should have isolated dirk and done the same thing if they wanted free throws

mate this league is designed for guards to be superstars..you will never see DIRK DUNCAN OR SHAQ get these kinda calls down low on a regular basis

and lets face it, the heat arent the best free throw shooting team around... :devil:

the reason is SHAQ..has nothing to do with the fact that Wade got the important calls in this series

Usually refs do put the whistle away in crunch time. Will eventually watch game 6 to see if the fouls were fair play :cool:

in this league refs act like stars..they look to get some attention this or the other way..you ll never see them to get too critisized because the penaltys in the NBA are too harsh

overall i dont mean it the Heat didn t the deserve it..just the there is the trend that the NBA is become more business then just sport mate..

PerfectPairs
06-22-2006, 10:01 PM
I watched the highlights of game 6 and the fouls at the end seemed legitimate.

One was a clear bump on wade by dirk, so you cant really say foul wasnt there... The other fouls at the end of the game on wade were the MAVS fouling to save time

PerfectPairs
06-22-2006, 10:16 PM
mate this league is designed for guards to be superstars..you will never see DIRK DUNCAN OR SHAQ get these kinda calls down low on a regular basis

Of course guards get these calls in the game because they are the ones who have the ball most of the time, and more importantly the ones who attack the rim with speed which puts the big forwards/centre in two minds trying to stop easy baskets in the paint or easy shots, as well as putting pressure of referees to make calls.

Also the big guys dont get these sort of calls unless fouls are more obvious as refs will allow a bit more contact and since posting up movement is slower fouls are more easier to spot and hence harder to get calls. Anyways thats wot i think, and thats the nature of the game i guess, not just the NBA, basketball in general

As for NBA being a business - cant disagree with u there mate. Its all about the money! as all gamblers well know... :devil: