Federer runs over Alex Jr. 6/3 6/4 6/0 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer runs over Alex Jr. 6/3 6/4 6/0

Tennis Fool
01-20-2004, 02:29 AM
Roger has officially announced his appearance at the AO...

Now will Alex's girlfriend be packing her bags for the USA tonight, too?

RogiFan88
01-20-2004, 03:27 AM
YES!!! Keep up that form Rogi!! :D

Havok
01-20-2004, 03:32 AM
did anybody see this match? is Federer at the same level sans a coach?

trixy
01-20-2004, 03:33 AM
Looks like Alex and Ashley can comiserate together. Ashely got trounced by Venus 6-2 6-1.

the cat
01-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Nyet! :( Poor Alex. But playing Federer on a big court had to be a great experience for nim.

Billabong
01-20-2004, 04:01 AM
well done Rogi:) that was great today! Rogi had 42 winners to only 9 for Alex, and Alex never got a break point in the whole match! Congrats Rogi:):):) now GOOOOO in the second round!!!!! GO FED!!!

lsy
01-20-2004, 04:52 AM
Good job! Hope this will give him the boost and play better and better each subsequent match.

Go Roger!

WyverN
01-20-2004, 04:52 AM
Federer played way better then he did last week, granted it was against a qualifier but the errors were mostly gone and he played much closer to the form we saw in Houston.

lsy
01-20-2004, 05:11 AM
I'm glad to hear about the "error gone" part, and WyverN, close to Houston form? I certainly hope so. I'm for sure not going to see any action till second week. So hope to see you there, Roger :)

Dirk
01-20-2004, 05:24 AM
Roger only made 25 errors and in 3 sets that is very good. I take it most of the errors came before the 3rd set. :rolls:

Fedex
01-20-2004, 05:32 AM
Well, I didnt get to see the match :( But from looking at the match stats id say he played very well. This is good news. If his statistics are like this throught the tournament, Roger will win it for sure. I pleased to here he kept the errors low!! I think his record came at Wimbledon(for lowest # of errors in a match) 10 or something :eek: Go Roger!!! :bounce: Great job today!

CooCooCachoo
01-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Phew! This is very good news. I absolutely dislike Bogomolov Jr., after what happened at the US Open. There were no signs of good sportsmanship there, from Alex.

And added to that, it is always good to see Roger go through! Woooooo :)

Tennis Fool
01-20-2004, 06:02 AM
What did he do at the USO :confused:

Dirk
01-20-2004, 06:31 AM
There was this one fan who was cheering for Martin Verkerk and Alex gave her the finger. She posted this on Roger's site. I am glad Roger tore him to shreds.

CooCooCachoo
01-20-2004, 06:37 AM
That is actually new for me. When the players switched sides, this is what Martin said, he called him names (e.g. motherf.. you know the rest) and said he was going to get him. Also, he was hitting some shots directly on Martin's body on purpose.

J. Corwin
01-20-2004, 07:08 AM
That's really bad behavior from Alex. I never knew.

Good win for Roger. :)

CooCooCachoo
01-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Now you know :) And you'll probably never like Bogomolov Jr. (again), I hope!

Doris Loeffel
01-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Well the first and a half set Roger played so so la la (that's where the most of his UE's come from) but then he started to feel more confortable - well that's what I think - and finally was able to play "his" game and reduced the really stupid errors. And from then on Alex had no longer a chance.

Keep it up Roger!!

Tricky_Forehand
01-23-2004, 08:49 AM
That is actually new for me. When the players switched sides, this is what Martin said, he called him names (e.g. motherf.. you know the rest) and said he was going to get him. Also, he was hitting some shots directly on Martin's body on purpose.

I know that this response is coming a few days late but I've been away at a family emergency till last night.

From what I understand at that US OPEN match Martin wasn't showing Alex a whole lot of respect either. Is Alex the sweetest guy on court? NO. But his behavior shouldn't be blamed all on him. I've had two freinds in Australia who knew NOTHING about him prior to talking to me that went to the tournaments this month and one of my friends called him addicting...lol. Both of my friends have told me how sweet he is when they have met him. However, my one friend has told me that if she had seen him play before she met him she might have not liked him just because he is so animated. Yes, he does have a temper but he's NOT an asshole.

I will defend Alex till the end of days. Especially when I "hear" things being said about him that aren't true.