Roddick again? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick again?

leahwurth
01-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Why is ESPN showing roddick's match again? is anyone else sick of all his coverage? why can't they just show marat's match?

MisterQ
01-19-2004, 06:39 PM
This is absurd! I am really annoyed that they would do this when there are so many matches they could play. :mad:

Shy
01-19-2004, 06:41 PM
It is getting on my nerves too since I'm getting the same match as the espn

Fedex
01-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Yes, i hate this Coverage as well :mad: :mad: I'd rather watch Justine's match or something!! :fiery:

Leo
01-19-2004, 06:44 PM
They promised Safin/Vahaly after Agassi/Larkham. They broke their promise. This is typical ESPN. Unfortunately we have to tolerate with this continuously shitty and biased coverage; they simply refuse to listen to our requests and the experts' advice.

Well, be happy, Andy and Andre fans. It's your dream come true. Two weeks of nothing but these two Americans on our TV screens. :rolleyes:

Leo
01-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Yes, i hate this Coverage as well :mad: :mad: I'd rather watch Justine's match or something!! :fiery:

No, they already showed some of that during the live portion. And the match sucked; never fun to watch a helpless, sacrifical lamb be slaughtered.

ESPN might have showed Lindsay's match, but they probably didn't have cameras set up on that court. For that, I blame the Australian Open.

Scotso
01-19-2004, 06:48 PM
I wish I had Eurosport.

tangerine_dream
01-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Even though Andy won :banana:, I sure as hell don't need to watch that lunatic Gonzo grunting his way through his crazy junkballs again. Getting one headache from him is enough, thanks very much. :rolleyes:

I wanted to see the Safin-Vahaly match, too. :(

leahwurth
01-19-2004, 06:49 PM
does anyone have the tennis channel? wonder what they are showing. this is enough incentive to make me subscribe to that.

Fedex
01-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, not unless Andy is out of the tourney early. Watch , THEN they'll start showing taped Roddick Matches! :mad: Might as well get used to seeing Roddick ALOT

MisterQ
01-19-2004, 06:51 PM
They promised Safin/Vahaly after Agassi/Larkham. They broke their promise. This is typical ESPN. Unfortunately we have to tolerate with this continuously shitty and biased coverage; they simply refuse to listen to our requests and the experts' advice.

Well, be happy, Andy and Andre fans. It's your dream come true. Two weeks of nothing but these two Americans on our TV screens. :rolleyes:

That's the thing, Leo --- I'm a fan of these players, but WHY ON EARTH would I want to see the same match I watched last night?! Especially when Safin is making his comeback -- he's a big star, too. Aaaargh, it really irritates me.

undomiele
01-19-2004, 06:53 PM
If we all had a quarter for every instant we've seen Roddick on tv, internet, magazines, etc we'd all be rich!!

maratski
01-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Eurosport showed both Andre and Andy today. We get more players too luckily ;)
I think they showed Rainer like three times today.
The end of Safin's match was shown too. If Pratt would have won in two sets, we would even have had more of that match :mad:

star
01-19-2004, 07:00 PM
They showed the Rainer match three times???

You mean it's not just the U.S.? :lol:

So, if anyone saw the Rainer/Robin match, would you please give me a description? I would have loved to have seen this match.

I didn't even bother with watching ESPN today because I knew it wouldn't show anything I wanted to see. There were lots of things it could have shown. Anyway, I don't really like to see old matches.

Fedex
01-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Its, also very sickening listening to Mary Carillo!!

star
01-19-2004, 07:02 PM
I like Mary!

But I think they all talk too much. They should be more quiet during play.

Shy
01-19-2004, 07:03 PM
It's very sickening to listen to all of them . Make me want to puke sometimes.

Sharon
01-19-2004, 07:03 PM
well, it gets sickening to listen to all of them after awhile... before todays coverage started i already had a feelign they'd just end up showing roddick again just because he won

Leo
01-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Its, also very sickening listening to Mary Carillo!!

Shhhh, don't say that! The "Mary Carillo makes great spaghetti!!!" person might come back and wreak havoc on the boards again. ;)

jmp
01-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Ditto what everyone else has said. I don't like to harp on this point, but, puhleeeeeze STOP ESPN! I like watching Andre and Andy, but, not to the detriment of every other tennis player in the field. I want to see Lleyton and Marat's comeback form soooooo bad. I want to see why Marty flaked at this major. Did he psyche himself out like he did at the USO? Has James changed anything but his hairstyle since last year? I like Rainer. Why did he start the year so poorly? Chris Fowler said he likes Seb. So do I. But, I bet I will barely see him before he's bounced. These guys are killing me! ARGHHHHH! :fiery: :crazy:

Back to our regular programming... :cool:

maratski
01-19-2004, 07:16 PM
It was live of course in the middle of the night and there were long summaries in the morning and afternoon.

Deboogle!.
01-19-2004, 07:16 PM
just for the record, I'm an Andy fan and was really displeased that they're showing the match again. I don't have a problem with them showing Andre since it wasn't shown live, but they should be showing something different. I actually would've liked to have seen Todd Martin's comeback but I doubt there are even cameras on that court.

Shy
01-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Well if they want to show an american, they could chose another one.

Fedex
01-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Like, Dent or Fish. I would like to see them!

leahwurth
01-19-2004, 07:20 PM
that's the thing. they shouldn't just show americans. there are many other talented non-american players that deserve to have their matches shown.

Shy
01-19-2004, 07:23 PM
that's the thing. they shouldn't just show americans. there are many other talented non-american players that deserve to have their matches shown.

not going to happen.You know Ferrero was a top seed and we barely barely saw him until the last few day.

star
01-19-2004, 07:25 PM
There's no point in complaining here. Go send emails to ESPN.

This has always happened as long as I've been watching tennis on TV. Edberg was hardly shown until maybe the semis (if he was playing an American) and Martina Hingis didn't get shown that much either.

Havok
01-19-2004, 07:25 PM
ok seriously now WTF. fans of Andy woulda stayed up last night to watch it or taped it. if they missed it then to freakin bad. why replay a match you just played like 13-14 hours ago? man ESPN needs brains and fast!!! they could have shown Lindsay's match, or heck even Meghann's match. they coulda shown the Safin/Vahaly match, there are sooo many matches to chose from, and they replay a match they showed yesterday. freakin retards. heck i would have even picked the schuettler defeat over the Roddick replay

star
01-19-2004, 07:26 PM
I would have definitely picked the Rainer/Robin match. :)

Sharon
01-19-2004, 07:27 PM
i wouldve just wanted any other entertaining match there was

Fedex
01-19-2004, 07:28 PM
I would of liked to see Marat play!! :)

Fedex
01-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Mary Carallio is so biased, along with Patrick. McEnroe. I like listening to John better. Man, we used to have GOOD commentators who knew what they were talking about! Like Bud Collins!

Shy
01-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I prefer Jonh to Patrick anytime

star
01-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Mary Carallio is so biased, along with Patrick. McEnroe. I like listening to John better. Man, we used to have GOOD commentators who knew what they were talking about! Like Bud Collins!

Mary Carillo is in love with Federer. She gets all drooly at the mention of his name.

I mean, that's ok with me. She's picked a good guy to go drooly over, but I'm surprised you are complaining.

Havok
Mary carillo= biased. are you smoking something??? Carillo tells it as is, she doesn't really play favorites. she DOES have favorite players, mind you, but even when her favorite players aren't playing good, she calls them out. carillo is by far THE BEST commentator out of all of them:rocker2:

leahwurth
There's no point in complaining here. Go send emails to ESPN.

This has always happened as long as I've been watching tennis on TV. Edberg was hardly shown until maybe the semis (if he was playing an American) and Martina Hingis didn't get shown that much either.

i already did send ESPN an email complaining, but i doubt i will get a response or if i do it won't be what i want to hear. but nothing will ever change if we don't keep aggravating them about it.

star
01-19-2004, 07:38 PM
i already did send ESPN an email complaining, but i doubt i will get a response or if i do it won't be what i want to hear. but nothing will ever change if we don't keep aggravating them about it.

I've never gotten a response either. :)

Winston's Human
01-19-2004, 07:40 PM
I too wish they were showing something else like Blake-Miranda, Davenport-Ilie or Safin-Vahaly. They must have tape of these matches on the show courts. Probably, the most fun match to watch would have been Martin-Dupuis (but they might not have coverage from the outer courts).

Fedex
01-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Ha..... Figures Naldo would stick up for her, becuase she always talks about how great Roddick is. Yea, You know what all those commentators do, they jump on the bandwagon, if Roddick is losing. ex. Federer -Roddick TMC, Nalbanidan Roddick US Open. If there American player isnt winning they just jump on the bandwagon!!! None of them can compare with the likes of Bud Collins or others!!

Fedex
01-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Well, if she is the best commentator of all of them(McEnroe, Cliff) that aint saying much!

Havok
01-19-2004, 07:48 PM
no i dont stick up for her because she likes Roddick:rolleyes: way to assume things. and i didnt get the whole bandwagon thing you said. what i said what no matter who's playing, if they played a dumb shot or aren't playing well Carillo isn't gonna be making excuses for it, she calls them out for it. that isn't being biased. and if you say i like Carillo because she likes Roddick, then that means i have to LOVE Patrick and Cliff, and i really don't, so there:p

Fedex
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Lets use Federer -Roddick as an example. If Roddick is holding easily & playing well than Mary goes on & on about him. But lets say Federer plays a good game to break serve & is up . She'll all the sudden be talking about how well Federer is playing, he's too good, oh thats just beautiful, he moves like a dancer etc. But if Roddick comes back and breakes back, Mary will all the sudden be full of nice things to say about Roddick. I've seen her do this time & time again.

Havok
01-19-2004, 07:57 PM
well if one player steps it up while the other one is still playing good tennis, she'll obviously talk about how well the player who steped it up is playing. on the other hand if one steps it up, but at the same time the other one played some really dumb points, she'll call out the stupidity and she'll also say good things about the player who steped it up. there's nothing wrong with that

Fedex
01-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Naldo, I'm afraid youre of topic. :topic: . We can discuss why she's a bad commentator in the "mary Carillio sucks" thread. We were talking about how ****ing messed up ESPN is :angel:

MisterQ
01-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Fedex, you're the one who brought Mary Carillo up in the first place!

btw, I think she's excellent.

Leo
01-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Go to this link: http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools...act/espntv.html and e-mail them with your grievances and complaints.

Mr. Man
01-19-2004, 08:12 PM
I also think it's kind of pathetic how they told us last night... Agassi/Larkum & Safin/Vahaly tomorrow at 12:30pm EST. Now they replay Roddick????? WTF? ESPN go to hell.

Havok
01-19-2004, 08:15 PM
exactly Fedex, you were the one who brought her up in the 1st place, so you as well were off topic not only me:wavey:. thanks MisterQ;) and i have voiced my opinion about ESPN and how much they suck like complete ass

Deboogle!.
01-19-2004, 08:20 PM
I love Mary Carillo.... she adds some humor to the commentary. and I disagree that she favors Roddick like PMac does. She's kind and funny to all of the players.

MisterQ
01-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Go to this link: http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools...act/espntv.html and e-mail them with your grievances and complaints.

I emailed ESPN, and now I feel better! :)

JennyS
01-19-2004, 09:30 PM
I think it's a mistake to just show the Americans. It's bad luck that all the big name Americans except Venus wound up playing on the same day. They are planning to show the Mark/Thomas match as the feature match tomorrow.

I wish they hadn't repeated the Roddick match. I was also suprised that they didn't cut to footage on some of the other courts.

croat123
01-19-2004, 09:36 PM
:fiery:.

tangerine_dream
01-19-2004, 09:46 PM
I sent an e-mail to ESPN, too. :bounce:

I like Mary, too. Pat Mac is probably my least favorite commentator. Not because he's biased; but because he's alwasy yakking away when he should be quiet. Even Johnny knows when to shut up and let the players play.

Fedex
01-19-2004, 09:52 PM
I'd say Cliff is the best of those 3. John McEnroe is a MUCH better commentator than Patrick! ;)