Tommy Wants the Round of 16. Can He Make It? Wimbledon 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy Wants the Round of 16. Can He Make It? Wimbledon 2006

06-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Well here is Tommy's Wimbledon thread. He said he wanted to make it to the Round of 16. But it would be great, if he could do better than that :)

Alexiana
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Well here is Tommy's Wimbledon thread. He said he wanted to make it to the Round of 16. But it would be great, if he could do better than that :)

I would be satisfied if he could only make it to Round 2 :lol:

06-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I would be satisfied if he could only make it to Round 2 :lol:
:lol: Well Tommy isn't a true grass court player, but if Federer hadn't been in the way he might have won Halle :mad: Tommy could just forget about Wimbledon for all I care :rolleyes: I just want him well and healthy for the hard court Tournaments. That's really where Tommy has the best and most chances to win more titles IMO :D

TommyB.
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I have a good feeling...itīs the same like last year. But this mishap with the ball stopped him then. :sad:

With a good draw he can win some matches i think! So we must wait...

CarstenL01
06-19-2006, 10:00 PM
I think if he's healthy and playing well, with a not too bad draw, he should easily reach round of 16 ;) All he needs to to is staying concentrated on his service games. Hopefully he gets it together in his head, that's one of the main problems ;)

yumo
06-20-2006, 04:15 AM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-06/21_280327_3.gif

06-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Thanks yumo for posting that information :) I think if Tommy stays healthy and doesn't get a bad draw :fiery: he might do some winning :)
But as I said I'm more interested in the hard courts--what can I say I'm an American. And that is what we have-- hard courts!

yumo
06-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Today Tommy will fly together with Thomas and Sandy Meyer-Woelden to Wimbledon. :)

06-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Today Tommy will fly together with Thomas and Sandy Meyer-Woelden to Wimbledon. :)
Ah Tommy has his g/f with him. That should make him happy :D

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-20-2006, 05:23 AM
He re-dates Sandy! :eek:
It's surprising he won at most 3 matches on Wimbledon,in last few years he won even lesser,sometimes becoz of injury.He really needs some luck! :)

yumo
06-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Ah Tommy has his g/f with him. That should make him happy :D
Sandy really is Tommy's GF :eek:

Alexiana
06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I think if he's healthy and playing well, with a not too bad draw, he should easily reach round of 16 ;) All he needs to to is staying concentrated on his service games. Hopefully he gets it together in his head, that's one of the main problems ;)

could, should.... all I am afraid of is a ball, that is lying around :lol: He can make it to the R16, but with all the bad luck he had in Wimbly he can be satisfied to reach round two without beeing forced to stop ;)

Alexiana
06-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Sandy really is Tommy's GF :eek:

sure she is, for some time now again. :) I like her

CarstenL01
06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
could, should.... all I am afraid of is a ball, that is lying around :lol: He can make it to the R16, but with all the bad luck he had in Wimbly he can be satisfied to reach round two without beeing forced to stop ;)

you're right :unsure: (http://www.menstennisforums.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=32#) could and should are dangerous words when we're speaking about Tommy, especially in Wimbly :lol: just let's look from the one round to the other ;)

CarstenL01
06-20-2006, 11:07 AM
sure she is, for some time now again. :) I like her

yeah she's cool and pretty sweet :kiss: ;) in opposite to *youknowwho* ;)

mays
06-20-2006, 11:10 AM
hi everybody im new, im mays :) and a huge tommy fan

Well, he got to the semis in Halle, so i dont see any reason what-so-ever for him not to get into the last 16 at Wimbledon, he certainly has the game, and to my knowledge is in somewhat good shape. so its all up to his mentality right now.

And for those of u saying that he isnt much of a grass courter, i am forced to disagree, i think he's a great one, and compared to others he's excellent!! :)

With a bit of luck, i with all honesty think he can make it!! unfortunately he always seems to be in federer's side of the draw, this time if hes in Nadal's, then i dont really see a reason for him not to go further, coz i think he has the game to beat Nadal on grass!!

CarstenL01
06-20-2006, 11:28 AM
hi everybody im new, im mays :) and a huge tommy fan

Well, he got to the semis in Halle, so i dont see any reason what-so-ever for him not to get into the last 16 at Wimbledon, he certainly has the game, and to my knowledge is in somewhat good shape. so its all up to his mentality right now.

And for those of u saying that he isnt much of a grass courter, i am forced to disagree, i think he's a great one, and compared to others he's excellent!! :)

With a bit of luck, i with all honesty think he can make it!! unfortunately he always seems to be in federer's side of the draw, this time if hes in Nadal's, then i dont really see a reason for him not to go further, coz i think he has the game to beat Nadal on grass!!

I think there have always just been two things to stop Tommy, the first is his mental "strength" ;) and the second are injuries....

And you're right, when you look at his game he can really play very well on grass, he's got a very good serve, a flat and agressive game, good volleys and passing shots. Movement is okay, too. I think normally it's his second best surface after HC, okay propably third, because he's also a very good player on carpet, but there are also just very few tournaments...

Alexiana
06-20-2006, 11:41 AM
you're right :unsure: (http://www.menstennisforums.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=32#) could and should are dangerous words when we're speaking about Tommy, especially in Wimbly :lol: just let's look from the one round to the other ;)

that's my Carsti :hug: we have suffered a lot ;)

Alexiana
06-20-2006, 11:43 AM
yeah she's cool and pretty sweet :kiss: ;) in opposite to *youknowwho* ;)

yeah, and she supports him :) The Siegel freak was a bad and weak period of Tommy :lol:

CarstenL01
06-20-2006, 11:50 AM
that's my Carsti :hug: we have suffered a lot ;)

yeah... but things which don't kill you make you harder... wow we must be REALLY hard :lol:

Alexiana
06-20-2006, 11:57 AM
yeah... but things which don't kill you make you harder... wow we must be REALLY hard :lol:

I'm so hard, I didn't cry when Tommy lost to Fed in the Aussie Open :lol: Ok, hardly ;)

06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Well I was close to tears when Tommy got hurt in Houston. That Tournament was his :crying2: but he got hurt :bigcry:

Chrissi
06-20-2006, 08:38 PM
I think , when Tommy has a good draw, he can reach the round 16. Tommy is a good player, he needs a little bit luck and than it goes :)

The mistake from last year is forgotten, i hope it now.

06-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I think , when Tommy has a good draw, he can reach the round 16. Tommy is a good player, he needs a little bit luck and than it goes :)

The mistake from last year is forgotten, i hope it now.
Hello Chrissi :wavey: It is nice to see more and more posters in Tommy's Forum :D I hope he gets a draw that will help him get to the Round of 16 :) Most players would say they wanted to win the Tournament :eek: So since he is just asking for the Round of 16 I would really love for him to get that :angel:

<Eve>
06-21-2006, 08:57 AM
:wavey: Hi Crissi Carsten and Mays!!! :bigwave: Good to see more people in here :D

My only wish for Wimbledon is that Tommy doesn't face Federer before the round of 16!!!! :yeah:

Alexiana
06-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Chrissi and Carsten are from tennis-center.de, my central forum :) Good to have you here, sweeties :hug: :wavey:

TommyB.
06-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Tommy is seeded on number 20! :)

<Eve>
06-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Chrissi and Carsten are from tennis-center.de, my central forum :) Good to have you here, sweeties :hug: :wavey: ahh! now i understand how carsten can be your best online friend! because he 'only' has 30 posts!! ;)

Alexiana
06-21-2006, 08:48 PM
ahh! now i understand how carsten can be your best online friend! because he 'only' has 30 posts!! ;)
yap ;) TommyB. is there too by the way :)

Chrissi
06-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Chrissi and Carsten are from tennis-center.de, my central forum :) Good to have you here, sweeties :hug: :wavey:

:) nice to hear this Alexiana...

@ Mae

You can visit us on our forum..... www.tennis-center.de ....hope you speak a little bit german?

CarstenL01
06-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Tommy is seeded on number 20! :)

that's okay for the world's No. 24 :)

Chrissi
06-21-2006, 09:18 PM
that's okay for the world's No. 24 :)

And now i hope for a good draw. Itīs a big chance to earn points. :)

CarstenL01
06-21-2006, 09:27 PM
And now i hope for a good draw. Itīs a big chance to earn points. :)

right... the whole second half of the year is a good opportunity to earn points :D

Chrissi
06-21-2006, 09:41 PM
right... the whole second half of the year is a good opportunity to earn points :D

:bounce: tommy let`s go, tommy for Top 10 :umbrella:

TommyB.
06-21-2006, 10:08 PM
:bounce: tommy let`s go, tommy for Top 10 :umbrella:

Youīre forgot the masters-cup! ;)

06-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Youīre forgot the masters-cup! ;)
I forgot the Masters Cup! I can't remember how many players go to it :confused:

TommyB.
06-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I forgot the Masters Cup! I can't remember how many players go to it :confused:

The best 8 of the Champions Race! Iīm not really sure but Tommy is no. 10 at the moment i guess . :)

Alexiana
06-22-2006, 08:24 AM
I have a good feeling about the Masters Cup :) Let's go Tommyyyyyyyyy :devil:

Jogy
06-22-2006, 01:47 PM
round of 16 is a good goal to start
but we all knowing that Tommy should be semifinal in most tournament he plays :angel:
but round of 16 is good when he achieve it

06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
round of 16 is a good goal to start
but we all knowing that Tommy should be semifinal in most tournament he plays :angel:
but round of 16 is good when he achieve it
I hope Jogy he can get a good draw and go past the Round of 16, but then Tommy rarely gets a good draw :fiery:

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Roger Federer SUI (1)v.Richard Gasquet FRA
Robin Soderling SWE v.Tim Henman GBR
Nicolas Mahut FRA v. Jurgen Melzer AUT
Jiri Novak CZE v. Kristof Vliegen BEL (30)
Tommy Haas GER (19) v. Jiri Vanek CZE
Carlos Berlocq ARG v.Richard Bloomfield GBR
Wayne Arthurs AUS v. Fabrice Santoro FRA
Jan Hernych CZE v.Tomas Berdych CZE (13)

Tommy Robredo ESP (11) v. Simon Greul GER
Paul Goldstein USA v. Novak Djokovic SCG
Potito Starace ITA v. Mikhail Youzhny RUS
Igor Kunitsyn RUS v. Gael Monfils FRA (21)
Paradorn Srichaphan THA (29) v. Agustin Calleri ARG
Ivo Karlovic CRO v. Stanislas Wawrinka SUI
Davide Sanguinetti ITA v.Kevin Kim USA
Nicolas Almagro-sanchez ESP v. Mario Ancic CRO (7)

again in the Fed- quarter :sad: :mad:

TommyB.
06-23-2006, 12:02 PM
First of all i`m satisfied with Vanek! No Safin, Gasquet, Henman or Murray. Ok the Fed-Quarter again but we must wait. :)

BTW - A really tough Draw for Federer too! :eek:

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
First of all i`m satisfied with Vanek! No Safin, Gasquet, Henman or Murray. Ok the Fed-Quarter again but we must wait. :)

BTW - A really tough Draw for Federer too! :eek:

yes, Fed's draw is really shitty :lol: He deserves it ;)

06-23-2006, 04:05 PM
yes, Fed's draw is really shitty :lol: He deserves it ;)
:lol: Alexiana :devil: But as I said Tommy doesn't get good draws :fiery: Alexiana you know I have told you how bad my math is so how many Matches does Tommy have to win to get to the Round of 16? Is the Fed in his way before the Round of 16 or after :confused:

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 04:15 PM
:lol: Alexiana :devil: But as I said Tommy doesn't get good draws :fiery: Alexiana you know I have told you how bad my math is so how many Matches does Tommy have to win to get to the Round of 16? Is the Fed in his way before the Round of 16 or after :confused:

I think Fed waits exactly in the R16 :lol:

06-23-2006, 04:50 PM
I think Fed waits exactly in the R16 :lol:
Well then since Tommy said he wanted to make it to the Round of 16 maybe he can do it :) He didn't say he wanted to win the Round of 16. He just said he wanted to reach the Round of 16. But why is Federer always in his way :fiery:
Maybe someone will beat Federer before Tommy gets to him? I doubt it, but we can always hope :angel: I don't think Federer has been playing as well this year as he did last year, but still he manages to find a way to win unless he is playing Rafa. I bet he has nightmares about Rafa :lol: :devil:

Alexiana
06-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Well then since Tommy said he wanted to make it to the Round of 16 maybe he can do it :) He didn't say he wanted to win the Round of 16. He just said he wanted to reach the Round of 16. But why is Federer always in his way :fiery:
Maybe someone will beat Federer before Tommy gets to him? I doubt it, but we can always hope :angel: I don't think Federer has been playing as well this year as he did last year, but still he manages to find a way to win unless he is playing Rafa. I bet he has nightmares about Rafa :lol: :devil:

I bet so too;) But Fed has a really strong draw, so MAYBE he won't get past to Tommy :angel:

06-23-2006, 07:19 PM
I bet so too;) But Fed has a really strong draw, so MAYBE he won't get past to Tommy :angel:
Lets hope :angel: But it would really seem kind of unusual now for a Wimbledon Final without Roger not that I would mind seeing it. It would just be unusual. And I don't think Andy is going to be in the Final this year. He has just really had an awful year :eek: :sad:

Chrissi
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Why must tommy play in the draw of Fed? Itīs very uncool, that tommy play in round 16 to fed. Tommy has no luck for the draws. :(

GO TOMMY, beats Fed :wavey:

06-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Why must tommy play in the draw of Fed? Itīs very uncool, that tommy play in round 16 to fed. Tommy has no luck for the draws. :(

GO TOMMY, beats Fed :wavey:
Well Chrissi we all have been upset with Tommy's Draws for Tournaments :fiery: But there is nothing we can do about them :sad: :rolleyes:

Fee
06-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Hey all
I know I haven't posted for a while, but I've been around. I really hate the W. draw this year, for so many reasons :lol: I really wish that Tommy could have been in the other half instead of in Federer's quarter, again. But at least he's healthy and we can keep our fingers crossed that he won't have any odd accidents this year.

Alexiana, are you sure about Tommy and Sandy? She comes and goes a lot since they have been friends for so long, but I know that they weren't officially together earlier this year despite her appearance in Australia. If being with Sandy keeps him from 'questionable' women, I'm all for it. :)

Alexiana
06-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey all
I know I haven't posted for a while, but I've been around. I really hate the W. draw this year, for so many reasons :lol: I really wish that Tommy could have been in the other half instead of in Federer's quarter, again. But at least he's healthy and we can keep our fingers crossed that he won't have any odd accidents this year.

Alexiana, are you sure about Tommy and Sandy? She comes and goes a lot since they have been friends for so long, but I know that they weren't officially together earlier this year despite her appearance in Australia. If being with Sandy keeps him from 'questionable' women, I'm all for it. :)

yes, I'm sure, he mentioned he would go to Wimbly with his girlfriend and in some interviews he said, that they talk a lot more about their relationship than they did, when they were a couple some years ago. He's happy and so am I :)

<Eve>
06-25-2006, 09:49 AM
:fiery: fucking shitty draw!!!! :sad: :( :(

we just have to wait and see again :lol:

TommyB.
06-25-2006, 12:18 PM
OOP Monday

Court 6 12.00 noon Start

Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) vs Jamea Jackson (USA)

Tommy Haas (GER)[19] vs Jiri Vanek (CZE)

Auf gehts Tommy! :bounce:

Fee
06-25-2006, 03:59 PM
yes, I'm sure, he mentioned he would go to Wimbly with his girlfriend and in some interviews he said that they talk a lot more about their relationship than they did when they were a couple some years ago. He's happy and so am I :)

Thanks. That sounds so mature of him. Maybe Sandy will bring him luck this year.

Alexiana
06-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks. That sounds so mature of him. Maybe Sandy will bring him luck this year.

I even read that he wanted to have a baby with Sandy :lol:

mays
06-25-2006, 07:24 PM
good luck tommy tmrw!!!!!

Jogy
06-25-2006, 10:26 PM
COME on TOMMY for match against Vanek! :yeah: :bounce:
destroy him hard!!! :fiery:

:yeah:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-25-2006, 10:51 PM
:eek: Maybe he will earn more luck! ;)

He will win almost for sure,go man! :rocker2:

06-26-2006, 03:58 AM
I would like to see a marriage before a baby, but it seems the thing these days is to either get married while the baby is on the way. Or get married after the baby is born.
Or even not get married at all :eek: I know I'm old fashioned, but I like the marriage before the baby :rolleyes: But right now what I want to see most is a win in the 1st Round of Wimbledon :)

Alexiana
06-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I would like to see a marriage before a baby, but it seems the thing these days is to either get married while the baby is on the way. Or get married after the baby is born.
Or even not get married at all :eek: I know I'm old fashioned, but I like the marriage before the baby :rolleyes: But right now what I want to see most is a win in the 1st Round of Wimbledon :)

I can't imagine Tommy having a baby or being married at all, so I can just laugh :D And I want Tommy to win his 1st round match too :)

<Eve>
06-26-2006, 03:37 PM
:eek: Now i remember why i hate wimbledon...!!!
:rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: pffff... all those rain delays...
I think Tommy has to play tomorrow doesn't he? :(

06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I hate rain :ras: and it is also raining today where I live :ras: I feel like it is raining all over the world :sad: Now right from the 1st Day the schedule at Wimbledon will be messed up :rain:

<Eve>
06-26-2006, 06:35 PM
yeah and tomorrow there will be even more rain :o :(

Chrissi
06-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Iīm singing in the rain..........i hate rain, hope of better weather :)

:worship: Tommy :worship:

TommyB.
06-26-2006, 09:50 PM
new court for Tommy tomorrow ;)

Court 13 12.00 noon
1. Gentlemen's Singles: Nicolas Almagro-Sanchez (ESP) vs Mario Ancic (CRO)[7]
2. Ladies' Singles: Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[18] vs Naomi Cavaday (GBR) T/F 5-4
3. Gentlemen's Singles: Tommy Haas (GER)[19] vs Jiri Vanek (CZE)
4. Ladies' Singles: Klara Koukalova (CZE) vs Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[10]
5. Gentlemen's Singles: Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)[5] vs Feliciano Lopez (ESP)

06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Tommy is certainly making it interesting. He won the 1st 2 Sets and is leading in the 3rd Set. I'm sorry I didn't write down the scores. I thought maybe someone was doing the scoring in here. I went to the Tournament scoring thread, but there are so many Matches going on and I didn't see any mention of Tommy so I went to the actual Wimbledon site.

Alexiana
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Tommy won 7-6, 7-5, 6-4, not very convincing but through to Round 2 :D

06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes I agree with the "not very convincing", but he did make it to the 2nd Round :)

CarstenL01
06-27-2006, 06:13 PM

yeah really not a good match, but at least he won in straight sets, that's the most important. :)

Alexiana
06-27-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah really not a good match, but at least he won in straight sets, that's the most important. :)

yes, now against Richard Bloomfield :)

CarstenL01
06-27-2006, 06:27 PM

should be beatable in my opinion :p

06-27-2006, 06:31 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid--who in the world is Richard Bloomfield :eek:

CarstenL01
06-27-2006, 06:33 PM

i don't know but if Tommy wins (and he should :lol: ) I don't really care :D

Alexiana
06-27-2006, 06:33 PM

A British "youngster" - never really heard of him either

06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
A British "youngster" - never really heard of him either
Well unless he is a "grass court wonder" surely Tommy can beat him :p

TommyB.
06-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I heard this name Bloomfield only in Wimbledon before. He won his first official ATP match today. Tommy should beat him! :)

Alexiana
06-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I heard this name Bloomfield only in Wimbledon before. He won his first official ATP match today. Tommy should beat him! :)

Everything else would be a shame :rolleyes:

Chrissi
06-27-2006, 09:03 PM
I think that Richard Bloomfield will be a good training for tommy tomorrow :) Tommy win in 3 , iīm sure.

TommyB.
06-27-2006, 09:04 PM

thatīs right. Tommy is playing again tomorrow...

Court 13 12.00 noon Start

Ljubicic vs. Lopez
Krajicek vs Stosur
Mirza vs Dementieva
Haas vs Bloomfield

06-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh my yes what would we all do if Tommy lost to a player like that :rolleyes: I think that would make me forget about the situation in Houston, but that is definitely not the way I want to forget about Houston :eek: Please Tommy play well and win tomorrow :angel:

CarstenL01
06-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh my yes what would we all do if Tommy lost to a player like that :rolleyes:

that would be almost worse than losing to Wang :lol: But I think something like that won't happen again, Hogstedt would kill him (hopefully ;) )

06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
that would be almost worse than losing to Wang :lol: But I think something like that won't happen again, Hogstedt would kill him (hopefully ;) )
I hope he will make it through the 2nd Round. It sounds like he really should defeat this guy :D

TommyB.
06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I hope Tommy can finish his match today! :unsure:

06-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I guess they are backed up at Wimbledon due to the rain on the lst Day
:ras: I hate rain :rain: I do hope Tommy can get his Match in. I'm going to check the schedule to see how things are going.

06-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't know how late they play at Wimbledon :unsure: But the Women's Match that was scheduled before Tommy's Match is still in progress. It looks to be about over. The woman that won the 1st Set has a 4-2 led in the 2nd Set so I hope they get that over with. But even if Tommy's Match does get started I doubt that he can complete it :unsure: Unless he really rolls over the other player which I wouldn't mind abit :)

06-28-2006, 06:17 PM
You might know that women's match has gone to 5-4 in the 2nd Set, but at least the woman that won the 1st Set is now serving for the match. I hope she wins it quickly!

06-28-2006, 06:23 PM
That Match has now gone to 6 -5 :fiery: Win that Match!

06-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Finally that Women's Match is over :)

06-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Tommy's Match is in progress and he is already ahead 2-0 in the 1st Set :) Maybe Tommy wants to get this Match finished today :aplot:

06-28-2006, 06:50 PM
4-1 Tommy in the 1st Set :)

06-28-2006, 06:56 PM
4-2 Tommy in the 1st Set and he is serving. But I doubt that there will be time for this Match to be completed :sad: :mad:

06-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Tommy is serving for the 1st Set at 5-3, but this guy isn't going down as quickly as I would have liked :(

06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Well Tommy got the 1st Set won 6-3 :) 2nd Set hasn't started yet and I don't know how much longer they will be able to play :unsure:

06-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Tommy is leading in the 2nd Set 2-0 :)

06-28-2006, 07:23 PM
3-1 Tommy, but this Bloomfield or whatever his name is--isn't going down as quickly as I want him to :fiery: I don't know how much more time they have left :unsure:

06-28-2006, 07:26 PM
4-2 Tommy in the 2nd Set.

06-28-2006, 07:38 PM
4-3 Tommy in the 2nd Set and he is serving. That last game took forever :eek: I think Bloomfield is just trying to hang on so the darkness will save him which it probably will :fiery:

06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Tommy is serving for the 2nd Set at 5-4.

06-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Tommy won the 2nd Set 6-4, but I noticed on other courts that play was being stopped :fiery:

06-28-2006, 07:53 PM
The 3rd Set has started. Bloomfield served first and won the game now Tommy is serving. I don't know why some games have been stopped while others haven't been :shrug:

06-28-2006, 07:57 PM
D*mn you might know this would be the Set where Bloomfield gets off to a good start :fiery: It is 2-1 Bloomfield, but they are on serve.

06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
2-2 on serve in the 3rd Set.

06-28-2006, 08:04 PM
3-2 Bloomfield in the 3rd, but they are on serve. At this rate Tommy might want the darkness to save him :eek:

06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
3-3 in the 3rd and still on serve! Tommy just can't seem to break Bloomfield in this Set :fiery:

06-28-2006, 08:11 PM
4-3 Bloomfield still on serve in the 3rd Set. I wonder if maybe Tommy isn't rushing to try to finish the Match today and that might be hurting his game right now :unsure:

06-28-2006, 08:15 PM
4-4 in the 3rd Set still on serve. If Tommy is rushing he needs to quit because if Bloomfield takes this Set it could get interesting tomorrow :eek:

06-28-2006, 08:19 PM
5-5 on serve in the 3rd Set. This may be going into a TB :scared:

06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
6-5 Bloomfield still on serve in the 3rd Set. And more and more courts have had play stopped on those Matches.

06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
They are in a TB :scared: I wonder how well either player can see by now :eek:

TommyB.
06-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Tommy did it! :woohoo:

Man bin ich erleichtert...iīm really really happy he finished today!!! ;)

06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Tommy did it! :woohoo:

Man bin ich erleichtert...iīm really really happy he finished today!!! ;)
Thank you very much for the good news :D The stupid scoreboard stopped working after Bloomfield won the first point in the TB. I didn't know what was going on because the scoreboard didn't change yet the court didn't show the Match had been stopped either :( But Tommy won and got the Match in :yippee:

TommyB.
06-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Bloomfield lead 4:2 in the TB but Tommy took the next 5 points. Iīm so happy that they doesnīt suspended this match. :)

06-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Bloomfield lead 4:2 in the TB but Tommy took the next 5 points. Iīm so happy that they doesnīt suspended this match. :)
Thank goodness ;) :angel: But that scoreboard just about gave me heart failure :( If Tommy wants the Round of 16 I think he needs to raise his level of play. Yes he has won in straight Sets, but they haven't been easy wins by any means :rolleyes:

TommyB.
06-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Today it was easy altogether. Tommy without any problems on serve and lot of Bpīs. But this Bloomfield served very well in this important situations...especially in the second and third set.

06-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Today it was easy altogether. Tommy without any problems on serve and lot of Bpīs. But this Bloomfield served very well in this important situations...especially in the second and third set.
Yes it was like Tommy got so he couldn't break Bloomfield's serve. And since I posted to you earlier and said the scoreboard just about gave me heart failure just showing Bloomfield with 1 point and nothing else--how would I have felt if that scoreboard had shown me 4-2 Bloomfield in the TB :eek: I don't want to sound like I'm putting Tommy down because I don't want to do that, but I expected him to win easier than he did :rolleyes: Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe I didn't know enough about Bloomfield, etc. whatever, but the Match just didn't go as I thought it would :shrug: But I'll take the win any day :)

Alexiana
06-29-2006, 08:24 AM

Hey, at least Wang did some good matches :lol: Don't blame it on Wang :lol:

Jogy
06-29-2006, 08:25 AM
GREAT WORK TOMMY!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

:worship:

lets continue good! :yeah:

Alexiana
06-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes it was like Tommy got so he couldn't break Bloomfield's serve. And since I posted to you earlier and said the scoreboard just about gave me heart failure just showing Bloomfield with 1 point and nothing else--how would I have felt if that scoreboard had shown me 4-2 Bloomfield in the TB :eek: I don't want to sound like I'm putting Tommy down because I don't want to do that, but I expected him to win easier than he did :rolleyes: Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe I didn't know enough about Bloomfield, etc. whatever, but the Match just didn't go as I thought it would :shrug: But I'll take the win any day :)

Tommy played much better than on his match against Vanek. Bloomfield had a great and fast serve. He was hitting lots of service winners in difficult situations. But Tommy had the match under control and thats all that matters. :) Next opponent will be Santoro or Berdych. I hope for Santoro, beause I think Tommy can play better against him than against Berdych. :)

CarstenL01
06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Tommy just played what he needed to, and it was still enough to end the match yesterday, so no reason to be too critical :) I'm sure he's able to get to the next step of his game when he has to in next round. Hopefully against Santoro, that would suit him more imo (or i've got just too bad memories when i'm thinking about Berdych :lol: )

Alexiana
06-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Tommy just played what he needed to, and it was still enough to end the match yesterday, so no reason to be too critical :) I'm sure he's able to get to the next step of his game when he has to in next round. Hopefully against Santoro, that would suit him more imo (or i've got just too bad memories when i'm thinking about Berdych :lol: )

It's Berdych :o He defeated Santoro in 5

06-29-2006, 06:18 PM
It's Berdych :o He defeated Santoro in 5
Not a good match up :rolleyes:

CarstenL01
06-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh no :(

But Tommy has to Play on Court No. 1 tomorrow as the second match after Federer :)

TommyB.
06-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh no :(

But Tommy has to Play on Court No. 1 tomorrow as the second match after Federer :)

Maybe he is playing at the same time as Germany vs Argentina! :(

Come on Tommy!! :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Beat Berdych, :fiery: Tommy! :rocker2:

06-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Auf geht's Tommy :)

<Eve>
06-30-2006, 06:55 AM
come on tommy!!! berdych had a 5 setter so maybe that's a good thing! :D

06-30-2006, 08:27 AM
come on tommy!!! berdych had a 5 setter so maybe that's a good thing! :D
Hi Tommy Girl I have missed seeing you here :D Yes that may be a good thing, but something went on during that Match that Berdych had with Santoro, but I don't know what it was? There is an article in Santoro's Forum about the Match, but no one translated it so I don't know what it said? But some posters made comments like "used to like Berdych, but now I have no respect for him" and it was said "Berdych acted like an a*s during the Match". I don't know what the guy did, but apparently some posters really didn't like it :confused: I hope Berdych acts better when he and Tommy play :rolleyes:

Alexiana
06-30-2006, 10:57 AM
I really hope Tommy will put his game together and beat Berdych :D I did bet against him :rolleyes: I'm so sorry :sad:

CarstenL01
06-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Maybe he is playing at the same time as Germany vs Argentina! :(

Come on Tommy!! :)

Yes i thought that, too :( Thats really annoying :mad:

Alexiana
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes i thought that, too :( Thats really annoying :mad:

I will go to Cologne for the fotball match so I can't see Tommy baby :sad: Can you write me a SMS if he wins?

06-30-2006, 12:01 PM
I really hope Tommy will put his game together and beat Berdych :D I did bet against him :rolleyes: I'm so sorry :sad:
Alexiana shame on you :fiery: :lol: I just didn't bet on the Match ;)

CarstenL01
06-30-2006, 12:25 PM
I will go to Cologne for the fotball match so I can't see Tommy baby :sad: Can you write me a SMS if he wins?

I will ;)

<Eve>
06-30-2006, 12:36 PM
alexia :eek: :eek: you bet AGAINST tommy!? :crying2: i hope you're not right!! :D and i also hope berdych will be nice!! :scratch:

have fun in cologne!!

06-30-2006, 05:57 PM
alexia :eek: :eek: you bet AGAINST tommy!? :crying2: i hope you're not right!! :D and i also hope berdych will be nice!! :scratch:

have fun in cologne!!
Well it probably was a good decision on Alexia's part because Tommy is getting beat :ras: The Match isn't completed yet so I didn't write down the score.

06-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Well according to the scoring thread here at the MTF. They split the sets two apiece so it will be a 5 Set Match.

<Eve>
06-30-2006, 06:59 PM
why are you always so negative? when a match isnt finished, there is no winner nor loser...!

now it's 6-7 in 5th set 15-30 :crying2:
come on tommy!! :D

<Eve>
06-30-2006, 07:02 PM
hmm.. :scratch: 6-8 in 5th set.. :( :( tommy came back from 15-40 to 30-40 but it wasn't enough :shrug: anyone could see the match? how did he play?

so.. tommy didnt reach the last 16.. damn!!!!

alexia, congrats with germany winning the penalties!!

06-30-2006, 07:05 PM
hmm.. :scratch: 6-8 in 5th set.. :( :( tommy came back from 15-40 to 30-40 but it wasn't enough :shrug: anyone could see the match? how did he play?

so.. tommy didnt reach the last 16.. damn!!!!

alexia, congrats with germany winning the penalties!!
And congrats to Alexia for winning her bet, but Tommy :sad: Again he misses out on the Round of 16 :crying2: And no I couldn't see the Match.

mays
06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
And congrats to Alexia for winning her bet, but Tommy :sad: Again he misses out on the Round of 16 :crying2: And no I couldn't see the Match.

i saw the end!! coz thats all they put on!! but he made me proud thats all i can say, played exceptionally well, and did his best!! thats all that matters!! he gave all he could give so :worship:

but guys, i wanna ask, i only saw the part when berdych was telling the linesman to "be careful" and stuff, i thought that was very rude, but what happened?

<Eve>
06-30-2006, 07:33 PM
i saw the end!! coz thats all they put on!! but he made me proud thats all i can say, played exceptionally well, and did his best!! thats all that matters!! he gave all he could give so :worship:

but guys, i wanna ask, i only saw the part when berdych was telling the linesman to "be careful" and stuff, i thought that was very rude, but what happened? i haven't seen anything :sad:

mays
06-30-2006, 07:45 PM
i haven't seen anything :sad:

:hug: :hug:

atheneglaukopis
06-30-2006, 07:47 PM

but guys, i wanna ask, i only saw the part when berdych was telling the linesman to "be careful" and stuff, i thought that was very rude, but what happened?
Tommy's ball was originally called out by the linesman, but the linesman then ran up to the umpire and said he had made a mistake. Berdych wasn't happy.

Hawkeye's verdict? Hawkeye showed a perfectly tangent ball.

06-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Tommy's ball was originally called out by the linesman, but the linesman then ran up to the umpire and said he had made a mistake. Berdych wasn't happy.

Hawkeye's verdict? Hawkeye showed a perfectly tangent ball.
I don't like this Berdych :( He also acted ugly in his Match against Santoro :( I can't wait for Federer to get a hold of him :D And since Tommy will soon be back on hard courts I hope we won't have to be in the land of Denial so much ;)

Jogy
06-30-2006, 11:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, damn it!!! :banghead:
what a close loss :(

Tommy going a bit backwards because in former years he was a great 5 set record, but now he lost many long matches in five sets :sad:

tommy :sad:
it was not bad match of him, I hope he has good next tournaments

Berdych :smash: :fiery:

07-01-2006, 05:02 AM
I'm sorry he couldn't make the Round of 16 since that is what he wanted to do :sad: But I hope he is able to stay well and win on the hard courts :)

<Eve>
07-01-2006, 05:33 AM
maybe the only positive thing out of this is that he wont be def. by fed *again* :shrug:

TommyB.
07-01-2006, 09:24 AM
maybe the only positive thing out of this is that he wont be def. by fed *again* :shrug:

Thatīs right!

I saw the match on tape today! Tommy had good chances to win this too. Really angry was the Tie-Break where he gave away four setpoints. And Tommy served better in the final set until this last game. :sad:

Letīs hope he playing a good hard court season!

Alexiana
07-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Tommy baby :sad: I'm glad I couldn't watch the match, that would have cost me lost of nerves... But I kinda expected that so I'm not totally disappointed. And at least GERMANY is in the SEMIFINAL at the World Cup :bigclap: Damn, that was a close game.

And Tommy, let the hardcourt season begin :yeah:

07-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Bring on the hard courts and Tommy stay well please :) I still believe there are more titles out there for you to win :yeah:

Alexiana
07-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Bring on the hard courts and Tommy stay well please :) I still believe there are more titles out there for you to win :yeah:

I think so too. And I still think he will earn the 10th this year :D

07-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Yes with the hard courts here and IF Tommy can stay healthy I think he can really do some damage :rocker:

Jogy
07-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm still pissed that Tommy wasted big chance in set #3 in the tiebreak to lead by 2:1 sets :fiery:

a luck that the next match would have been against Federer, so I can think he would have lost against Federer then probably :lol:

07-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Yes Jogy he was going to get beat by Federer anyway, but I just wanted him to win that Match so he would be in the Round of 16. Since before the Tournament started that is what Tommy said he wanted :sad:

Alexiana
07-05-2006, 09:18 AM
He still had a good tournament. His best performance in 6 years... And he earned points, so he is now No. 21 :D

07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
He still had a good tournament. His best performance in 6 years... And he earned points, so he is now No. 21 :D
:lol: You must have read my mind. Since the ATP Site isn't giving rankings until after Wimbledon I was wondering where Tommy's ranking was. #21 isn't bad because IF he can stay well with hard court season coming up he should be able to move his ranking up even more :D Tommy just please stay well :angel:

Alexiana
07-05-2006, 09:36 PM
:lol: You must have read my mind. Since the ATP Site isn't giving rankings until after Wimbledon I was wondering where Tommy's ranking was. #21 isn't bad because IF he can stay well with hard court season coming up he should be able to move his ranking up even more :D Tommy just please stay well :angel:

and he will be Germany's Number 1 again soon. :cool:

07-06-2006, 03:55 AM
and he will be Germany's Number 1 again soon. :cool:
What can I say, but to me he has always been Germany's Number 1 :hearts: I don't want to offend any of the other German players or their fans, but that is how I feel and have always felt ;)

CarstenL01
07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Why do you all say things like he would have had NO chance against Federer? Well, I don't think so, I think he's one of the players who has the game and the weapons to beat him :) No one should have TO much respect of him ;)

Alexiana
07-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Why do you all say things like he would have had NO chance against Federer? Well, I don't think so, I think he's one of the players who has the game and the weapons to beat him :) No one should have TOO much respect of him ;)

Tommy surely doesn't have to much respect for Federer :lol:

07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Tommy surely doesn't have to much respect for Federer :lol:
Oh Alexiana I like the way you put that :lol: The fact remains that Tommy has never defeated Federer in a Tournament. He did defeat him in an exhibition Match, but those don't count. Plus at Wimbledon we are talking about playing Federer on grass courts and so far no one has even taken a set off of Federer. So don't think there is any disrespect of Tommy when it was said he wouldn't have defeated Federer at Wimbledon. If Tommy defeats Federer, it will come on a surface other than the grass courts. And I would loooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee to see that happen :D

Alexiana
07-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh Alexiana I like the way you put that :lol: The fact remains that Tommy has never defeated Federer in a Tournament. He did defeat him in an exhibition Match, but those don't count. Plus at Wimbledon we are talking about playing Federer on grass courts and so far no one has even taken a set off of Federer. So don't think there is any disrespect of Tommy when it was said he wouldn't have defeated Federer at Wimbledon. If Tommy defeats Federer, it will come on a surface other than the grass courts. And I would loooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee to see that happen :D

It's not true that Tommy never beat Roger. He did it twice on HC. One time even at the Aussie Open. But this year only at the exhibition. He should have won that Aussie Open match this year :sad: I'm sure he has everything to beat Roger on any surface, but he has to be on top of his game and nothing around him should stay in his way to bother him.

07-07-2006, 03:26 AM
It's not true that Tommy never beat Roger. He did it twice on HC. One time even at the Aussie Open. But this year only at the exhibition. He should have won that Aussie Open match this year :sad: I'm sure he has everything to beat Roger on any surface, but he has to be on top of his game and nothing around him should stay in his way to bother him.
Ooops sorry I should have made that read Tommy has never beaten Roger since Roger has become the player we
all know him to be now--World's #1. But I still say if Tommy were to defeat Roger now it wouldn't be at Wimbledon on the grass courts. That is just IMO.