AFL Round 12 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AFL Round 12

hawker
06-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Heres my preview for tonights match.

Preview
Tonights match should be a great match with the much improving saints taking on the crows who are currently second on 9 wins and jsut the 2 losses.

Last time these 2 sides met it was the saints by 8 points in last years quarter final and earlier in the year crows beat the saints at the dome as 46 point udnerdogs.

Saints do have a great record at the dome rarely losing there in the last couple of years but the crows dont travel to bad to the dome aswell. Tigers knocked them of by 3 points a few weeks back but they had won there previous 5 before that.

The saints are coming of a hard fought win in the wet vs sydney by 2 points last week so be interesting to see if this will effect them at all.

The crows are undefeated under lights this year 4-0 but this one is just to hard to pick for me, slighly favouring the saints but no bet on this.

No Bet

Am taking a Prop bet tonight on Nick Reiwoldt more goals then points at sportingbet though. Able to get him at 1.60 which is riduculous odds considering only once this year he has kicked more points then goals, so good chance at winning the bet or money back.

1 unit Reiwoldt more Goals then Points @ $1.60

High Goalscorer Value
Tonights match both teams have a few players that could potentially take this out.

Big Frasers form has been down alot this year but at these odds im going to have to take him, he has kicked a few big bags vs the crows in the past and with the saints hitting some form $4.50 to good to pass up.
For Essendon Scotty Lucas is the most likely to be able to kick a few with 4 times this year his been able to kick atleast 3 his paying $6.50 in this match.

Value: Fraser Gehrig $4.50

Most Disposals Value
Most Disposals this week is between the following players ( Goodwin 3.75, dal santo 4.50, edwards 6.00, ball 6.50, burton 7.00, harvey 7.50, mcleod 8.00, goddard 13.00 )

The Crows have some great ball winners amongst that lot in mcleoud the ever so consistent edwards and the bloke with the most disposals in the league Goodwin. Its hard to go past Goodwin in this betting in any match after all he is averaging 27 disposals per game.

He has been below average the last couple weeks with just 17 and 25 though and having to travel interstate im looking to a bloke that loves the ground a bit more from the saints in Nick Dal Santo.

Dal Santo was kept quiet in the tough conditions last week and opponent brett kirk with just 15 possies but he is in some great form this year and averaging 26.4 possies at the Dome. Might add he had 31 and 26 vs the crows in the games last year.

Value: Nick Dal Santo $4.50

Note: Also have taken Harvey more possies then goddard at $1.82

Mr Flamboyant
06-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Nice writeup Hawker .. especially the 'no bet' verdict .. this one looks really tough to pick with any degree of confidence .. Throw in the fact that both tems have fantastic records at Telstra Dome and it's definitely one to "shoulder arms" through to the keeper ..

Bolar Bolabi
06-16-2006, 08:40 AM
St.Kilda +9.5 @ $1.91 - Should keep it close. Adelaide were in Brisbane last week in the wet and St.Kilda love the dome and have improved a bit. Expect a close contest.

I'm also with you on Nick Riewold more goals than behinds @ $1.60.

In the most disposals group, I am going for Robert Harvey @ $2.75 over Luke Ball and Brett Burton.

Good luck!

Bolar Bolabi
06-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Brisbane V Western Bulldogs

Scott West to get more disposals than Jared Brennan and Jamie Charman combined @ $1.87

Simon Black more disposals than Jason Akermanis and Luke Power @ $2.40

hawker
06-18-2006, 03:58 AM
Brisbane V Western Bulldogs

Scott West to get more disposals than Jared Brennan and Jamie Charman combined @ $1.87

Simon Black more disposals than Jason Akermanis and Luke Power @ $2.40

Nice calls on both west and black both racking up possies at ease in this one :)

PerfectPairs
06-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Nice calls on both west and black both racking up possies at ease in this one :)

Power alone racked up more possesions than black and akermanis wasnt far behind either with 21 possessions

Scotty west always racks up 30+ possessions so that was a good bet. But u got some balls going against 2 players, especially of the quality of akers and power. :worship: Easy to say in hindsight i guess

dave nz
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
I like both home teams (Kangas and Swans) to both get the bacon to finish this round.