Transport - I found the place OK, spot on directions [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Transport - I found the place OK, spot on directions

Dan's Racket
06-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Hello, :wavey:
I am coming to this on Monday, I will be travelling by train. Upon planning my journey I was just wondering what the distance of the tennis centre is from the train centre. Is it easy to find???
I see there are buses that run from the city centre, how reliable are these?
Would it be easier for me to just hop in a taxi at the station?
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :D

ae wowww
06-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I think the buses were pretty good when I went (2004) but I had to walk a little way to the bus station, then took a while to figure out which I needed!

I think if you can find Nos.13, 33 and 34 from City Centre, then you are safe. Taxi may be a bit costly, up to you of course!

Dan's Racket
06-15-2006, 09:06 AM
I think the buses were pretty good when I went (2004) but I had to walk a little way to the bus station, then took a while to figure out which I needed!

I think if you can find Nos.13, 33 and 34 from City Centre, then you are safe. Taxi may be a bit costly, up to you of course!
Thanks.
I may get the bus then, it will probably work out cheaper.
Is it a fair distance from the station? Will it cost an arm and a leg to go by taxi?

jezzaUK
06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
it shouldn't cost more than £5 or £6 by taxi. If you stop at Beeston it should be less. Bus is about £1.30 i think.

Horatio Caine
06-16-2006, 10:17 PM
You can take the taxi from Nottingham train station - fare will be around £8...taxi rank immediately outside to the right.

Alternatively, take a right out of the train station exit and follow the road down for about 3 minutes' walk until you get to Broadmarsh bus station. Take a Rainbow 5 bus (purple coloured with Derby as its destination) and ask to be dropped off at "Tennis centre" - it is actually a designated bus stop. The fare is £1.30. Buses run every 5 minutes.

If you want to take the bus back to Broadmarsh Bus station, take the Rainbow again, but on the other side of University Boulevard.

Dan's Racket
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
You can take the taxi from Nottingham train station - fare will be around £8...taxi rank immediately outside to the right.

Alternatively, take a right out of the train station exit and follow the road down for about 3 minutes' walk until you get to Broadmarsh bus station. Take a Rainbow 5 bus (purple coloured with Derby as its destination) and ask to be dropped off at "Tennis centre" - it is actually a designated bus stop. The fare is £1.30. Buses run every 5 minutes.

If you want to take the bus back to Broadmarsh Bus station, take the Rainbow again, but on the other side of University Boulevard.

I went yesterday (Monday). Thanks for your directions, they were spot on . :yeah:
I had a great time yesterday. Anyone thinking of going should try and go, the set-up they have there is very good. :D

Horatio Caine
06-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I went yesterday (Monday). Thanks for your directions, they were spot on . :yeah:
I had a great time yesterday. Anyone thinking of going should try and go, the set-up they have there is very good. :D

Thanks man...glad you enjoyed it :yeah:

Did you take the bus or taxi from the train station?

Dan's Racket
06-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks man...glad you enjoyed it :yeah:

Did you take the bus or taxi from the train station?
I got on that Rainbow 5 bus that you suggested. Very reliable, and alot cheaper than a taxi. ;) :)