Will TSN broadcast the AO Final? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will TSN broadcast the AO Final?

Yonge
01-18-2004, 06:58 PM
I just checked the tennis schedule at the TSN website and I noticed they only have the sched to the semis. I'm wondering if they're gonna show the final (they've shown all other Grand Slam finals right?)
Did they show the final last year? Or was it another network? CBC Sports Saturday, was it? Please help. Thanks.

Deboogle!.
01-18-2004, 07:00 PM
:eek: how could they not!? :eek:

Even ESPN is showing it live in the US!

Shy
01-18-2004, 07:01 PM
You can see it on NBC I think. If you live in Qc, I think that Rds will show the finals, and probably CBC too.

Catsou
01-18-2004, 07:40 PM
You can see it on NBC I think. If you live in Qc, I think that Rds will show the finals, and probably CBC too.
Yep RDS is showing the final.

Yonge
01-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Well, Bunk, TSN has a "criminal record" in Canadian tennis fans' vault, at least in my vault. They didn't even show the Capriati - Henin Hardenne semis at the US Open - and for what? Amateur Boxing. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show the final. Maybe I'll watch it in some American channel but I'm still hoping they'd show it LIVE.

Shy, if they're showing it on RDS, then they're most likely to show it on TSN because it's the same network, only RDS is French. I wonder why it's not in the schedule though.

Shy
01-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Well, Bunk, TSN has a "criminal record" in Canadian tennis fans' vault, at least in my vault. They didn't even show the Capriati - Henin Hardenne semis at the US Open - and for what? .
They aren't that bad.At least,TSN show an hour to two hours of any masters each day during the tournaments which isn't the case with RDS.

Deboogle!.
01-18-2004, 07:54 PM
They didn't even show the Capriati - Henin Hardenne semis at the US Open - and for what? Amateur Boxing.

:eek::eek::eek:

Yonge
01-18-2004, 07:58 PM
They aren't that bad.At least,TSN show an hour to two hours of the master each day during the tournaments which isn't the case with RDS.

You're right Shy. My apologies to TSN. They're actually not that bad, I just really want to see more tennis on Canadian TV.

Anyway, I just checked-out the RDS website and to my surprise, the schedule is completely different from that of TSN. Do you have any other sports channel there in Quebec that shows tennis? Here in Ontario we have Sports Net (the carrier of Davis Cup).

Shy
01-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Amateur boxing is not that bad. They did cut the tennis Paris master to show a doggie show.Cutting tennis to show poker, pool or dogs get on my nerve.Rds,tsn and sport net are the only sport channel that I get.Do you get American channels? I usually watch the finals on them.Better quality image.

Yonge
01-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Amateur boxing is not that bad. They did cut the tennis Paris master to show a doggie show.Cutting tennis to show poker, poop or dogs get un my nerve.Rds,tsn and sport net are the only sport channel that I get.

LOL! I'm laughing but I also want to cry! How pathetic are we? Oh well, that's better than no tennis at all. And at least we get all the Masters Series . The coverage of the Canadian Open is also pretty good (even rain delays are shown).

But still, TSN needs to listen to its subscribers. Same goes to Canadian Cable/ Satellite companies. WE WANT THE TENNIS CHANNEL!.....and bring back WTSN (women's sports - showed most tournaments in WTA, including the lowest tier tournaments).

Havok
01-18-2004, 09:37 PM
well TSN showed the finals last year, same thing should apply this year. i doubt they'll show all the other rounds of the Ao and not the finals:lol:

Catsou
01-18-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm not so shure they will. Somethimes when RDS is showing the final TSN don't show it...but I may be wrong...It's odd they didn't write it down on their tv's shedule though.

RogiFan88
01-18-2004, 10:50 PM
I believe TSN DID show the final last yr but overnight [EST anyway]. I didn't watch it since it was AA... :p

Hopefully the final will be more exciting this year and WE get to see it...

I emailed TSN re: TMC documentary but unsatisfactory response so far... so you guys might want to email them also, for what it's worth.

Havok
01-18-2004, 11:20 PM
yeah i was SOOOOOOO pissed they didn't show the TMC documentary, but emails are worthless to TSN

Yonge
01-20-2004, 03:02 PM
TSN finally updated their sched. Nothing new about Men's final though. They're showing women's final AND women's doubles final. I think this is the first time in a long time that they're showing us a doubles final. I hope they show Mark and Daniel's matches.