Nadal to win Aussie open? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal to win Aussie open?

Halba
06-12-2006, 02:30 AM
AO = Fast clay court. Nadal should be able to take this one. He was injured in this years AO, Fed didn't have to face his bogeyman. Not so easy next year for fed?

Jimnik
06-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Nadal needs to stop injuring himself. If he's fit and healthy, I reckon he's the joint favourite to win AO 2007.

tenniswiz
06-12-2006, 02:57 AM
AO = Fast clay court. Nadal should be able to take this one. He was injured in this years AO, Fed didn't have to face his bogeyman. Not so easy next year for fed?
Remember that at Rome (faster clay court than RG) Federer had a very good chance of beating Rafa. I believe AO is even slightly faster than Rome so that's to Federer's advantage. But we need to wait and see if both of them will make it to the final.

Clara Bow
06-12-2006, 03:03 AM
I think he has a good chance. Not for certain, but I do think that if he wins a slam outside of RG- this will be the first one. :)

Jimnik
06-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Remember that at Rome (faster clay court than RG) Federer had a very good chance of beating Rafa. I believe AO is even slightly faster than Rome so that's to Federer's advantage. But we need to wait and see if both of them will make it to the final.
Remember that Dubai and Miami, where Rafa beat Roger, are faster than the AO.

According to Hewitt, the AO was even slower than Roland Garros, this year. They're using much slower balls. In the night sessions, the courts are even slower.

ChloeLove
06-12-2006, 03:13 AM
He has a very good chance, the court is slower than Dubai and if he is well, I expect he will go far. It would be good for him to win another GS.

El Legenda
06-12-2006, 03:13 AM
No.

Bad Religion
06-12-2006, 03:19 AM
Absolutely YES

Lady Natalia
06-12-2006, 03:19 AM

:haha: :haha: Better hope Rafa gets pasts Blake, Hewitt, Roddick, Nalby and Safin. ** Not that it is need ** but there are many guards keeping Rafa from reaching Roger. Mainly because they would have to meet in the final, with Rogi being 1 and Nadal being 2.

+alonso
06-12-2006, 03:27 AM
Well, Rafa defeated Roger in Dubai this year [2-6 6-4 6-4] and Dubai is alike AO!
I don't think why Nadal could not do it again!

tenniswiz
06-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Well, Rafa defeated Roger in Dubai this year [2-6 6-4 6-4] and Dubai is alike AO!
I don't think why Nadal could not do it again!
Let's see if he even gets to the semis at AO 2007. Blake is his nemesis and Hewitt will be tough too.

MisterQ
06-12-2006, 03:58 AM
He can do very well in Australia. But I hope he doesn't try to slide. :scared: