Who has most fans? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who has most fans?

Iza
01-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Which player do u think has most fans?

Leo
01-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Marat definitely has the most fans here.

Or do you mean the entire world?

Fedex
01-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Here, it is obviously Marat. But around the world i doubt he has the most fans

MisterQ
01-17-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm willing to bet that Andre is the most widely FAMOUS of the current ATP players, simply because of all his success and the length of time that he has been around.

But in terms of true "fans," I don't know. Here it seems to be Safin.

maratski
01-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Marat here ;)

In the world probably Andre, but that's mainly because he has been on tour so long.

We need new polls divided in the old ball with the most fans and new ball with the most fans ;)

star
01-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Marat is so young, and yet it seems he's been on the tour forever.

We've got the new balls, the old balls, and then there are Younes and Agassi. :)

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 10:57 PM
well to say who has the most fans I'd have to say people who are well-known all over the place. It seems like Andre, for the sheer fact that he's been around so long, probably has the most fans around the world.

tangerine_dream
01-17-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd have to say Andre, too. No matter what country he's in, people root for him. He's the rock star, after all. ;)

cool bird1
01-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I think Marat has. God that guy is funny

Lee
01-18-2004, 03:15 AM
Marat here, no doubt!

oxy
01-18-2004, 06:45 AM
marat for sure.....but im saving my vote for Juan Carlos....;)

CooCooCachoo
01-18-2004, 09:03 AM
It will be either Andy or Marat. Andy is obviously very unpopular here, but very popular in the USA. Personally, out of these players, I prefer Roger, though!

Nymeria
01-18-2004, 09:08 AM
I think Marat has, at least here. ( :( )

yanchr
01-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Obviously Marat has many fans here. But I'm just doubting that how many of them are real TENNIS fans...

maratski
01-18-2004, 10:19 AM
Don't question his fans cause I can tell you they were into tennis even before he made his mark on the ATP tour!!!!!!!!

yanchr
01-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Don't question his fans cause I can tell you they were into tennis even before he made his mark on the ATP tour!!!!!!!!

:)
Sorry if I've been offensive to you. Surely you are a real fan. ;)
Just didn't see his fans give their points that much. Maybe I'm a little ignorant :p

tracy
01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
in china,jc has the most fan indeed

Vass
01-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Here...you know.
Around the world, of the present players Andre is the most popular I think. Surprizingly, Federer and Ferrero aren't so famous still, and hence are not popular.
Considering that most of the French simply adore Marat, and millions of other europeans, I'd say Marat is in the top-3 of the most popular.

*Ljubica*
01-18-2004, 02:54 PM
I would say Andre undoubtedly - he has fans all over the world of both sexes and covering all age groups. Here on this Board it would probably be Marat, but at the risk of offending anyone, I think Marat attracts mainly younger fans (who may now always be interested in his tennis as yanchr said earlier), whereas Andre has a much wider fan base. I am not an Andre fan myself, but I appreciate that everyone I work with has heard of him (even if they know nothing about tennis) - he is world famous, not just tennis famous if you see what I mean.

Shadow
01-18-2004, 03:05 PM
I think some people have a totally wrong picture of Marat Fans.

I know Marat Fans from Age 12 - 70 , so he really attracts to people every age class.
And most are true Tennis Fans and have a very good knowlegde. Of course he has also "girlie" Fans but who hasnt from the new balls (Roddick, Haas, Ferrero, Coria, Federer etc) :rolleyes:

I have to agree that Andre has the most Fans from all over the world.

Vass
01-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Correct. But to think about it Sampras is still more famous than Agassi.

MisterQ
01-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Correct. But to think about it Sampras is still more famous than Agassi.

I'm not sure about that... although many people would argue that he should be.

Andre has always been better material for media coverage, tabloids, commercials, etc. And that makes a bigger impression on non-tennis fans who casually come across photos or footage of him. Plus he has always had a distinctive "look", with hair or without, lol.

I mention the non-tennis fans because obviously anyone who knows anything about tennis would know who BOTH of them are!

CooCooCachoo
01-18-2004, 05:54 PM

Well, I am sure there are fans that are actually Marat fans, solely based on his looks. It is comparable to the Kournikova hype. Obviously of smaller proportions, but still..

Shadow
01-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, I am sure there are fans that are actually Marat fans, solely based on his looks. It is comparable to the Kournikova hype. Obviously of smaller proportions, but still..

There are probably some, but there are so much other things to like about Marat (obviously his immense tennis talent, his emotions, his fair play, his humour, his charisma, his acting with other people, he is so nice, kind and has charm etc.) I think you cant compare this with the Kournikova "syndrome".

Vass
01-18-2004, 07:37 PM

No Kournikova Syndrome does not spread here.

maratski
01-19-2004, 11:52 AM
:)
Sorry if I've been offensive to you. Surely you are a real fan. ;)
Just didn't see his fans give their points that much. Maybe I'm a little ignorant :p

You're forgiven :)

A lot of Marat fans don't come here that often anymore so that's probably why not many peeps stick up for him here. That doesn't matter, I count for 10 ;)

CooCooCachoo
01-19-2004, 12:35 PM
There are probably some, but there are so much other things to like about Marat (obviously his immense tennis talent, his emotions, his fair play, his humour, his charisma, his acting with other people, he is so nice, kind and has charm etc.) I think you cant compare this with the Kournikova "syndrome".

Yes obviously, but I said it was of lesser proportions. Marat is a better player. I haven't noticed the humour part, but Kournikova has charisma as well. Fair play? Haven't noted that either.

Ma. Estefania
01-20-2004, 12:06 AM
I agree with most of you, maybe around the world definitely Andre, but due his long time playing, and blah blah blah....but here it seems that Marat's fans rule! :yeah:

ktwtennis
01-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Guga!

Jazzy
01-20-2004, 10:28 AM
it depends on the country & the type of ppl,......... i guess?!!!!

maratgirl
01-20-2004, 06:19 PM
I think Marat has, at least here. ( :( )

nananana you can't beat me in that!! :p