Mirka mystery: where was she? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mirka mystery: where was she?

tangerine_dream
06-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Everyone noticed: no camera shots of Mirka in the stands. Anyone know where she was?

She never misses Roger's matches and she's not known to slink off to secret rooms to watch in private.

I felt that her absence was a very bad omen for Roger. Even if she suspected that Roger would lose she should have put on a brave face and showed up like she usually does.

I'm disappointed in her. Is she now only going to show support when Roger is a favorite to win? Be strong, Mirka.

jenanun
06-11-2006, 07:19 PM
strange...

coz if roger has won, will she jump out from the secret room to give him a kiss????

tangerine_dream
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
It just looks really bad on Roger, you know? She's *always* at matches. She and Roger are so joined at the hip that people now use her to gauge how Roger's playing: How's Roger doing? Let's check Mirka's face. Is she tense? Is she calm? And this rare absence makes it look like that she had no faith in Roger at all.

jmp
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I thought I saw her in a spectator shot leaning down like she was trying to get something from under her seat.

robinhood
06-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Everyone noticed: no camera shots of Mirka in the stands. Anyone know where she was?

She never misses Roger's matches and she's not known to slink off to secret rooms to watch in private.

I felt that her absence was a very bad omen for Roger. Even if she suspected that Roger would lose she should have put on a brave face and showed up like she usually does.

I'm disappointed in her. Is she now only going to show support when Roger is a favorite to win? Be strong, Mirka.

???
What makes you so sure Mirka was hiding in her room because she couldn't face Fed losing?

First of all, it is none of anyone's business why she wasn't at the match, or if she was there, why camera didn't show her at all.

Second of all, there could be lots other reasons for her absence.
Maybe she was too sick to attend, or she had an urgent family business in Swiss to tend to or whatever.
Who knows?

Even if she WAS hiding, let's give her a break.

Scotso
06-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Maybe she was off scheduling media things for after Roger's win :p

vamosnadal
06-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm sure she was there - perhaps she was doing a Steffi Graf and sitting somewhere unexpected in the crowd so she doesn't have cameras on her all of the time.

AgassiDomination
06-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Maybe she wants RG so bad she left Roger for Rafa.

Corey Feldman
06-11-2006, 07:50 PM
has she dumpd Roger?
poor Fedgod, Gets his Grand slam dreams and heart ripped out all in 1 day :awww:
i can see him losing in 1st round at Wimbledon as well :awww: to Henman!! :p

Marat y David
06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Maybe she wants RG so bad she left Roger for Rafa.
:lol: :lol:

Well who know maybe they had a figth and that was Roger's problem today .
I mean I dont' like him AT ALL but his game wasn't there today I was expecting a really close final just like in Rome but Roger's head was in Swtzerland today :rolleyes: and this is the olny reason that I can find for his poor tennis today.

Yeah they had a figth and that is wjhy Federer played so awful today. :)

Raquel
06-11-2006, 07:53 PM
And this rare absence makes it look like that she had no faith in Roger at all.
I think it would be jumping to conclusions to think that. There could be numerous reasons for her not being there.

Bibberz
06-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I found Mirka.

scarecrows
06-11-2006, 08:03 PM
probably it was THAT time of the month

El Legenda
06-11-2006, 08:50 PM
has she dumpd Roger?
poor Fedgod, Gets his Grand slam dreams and heart ripped out all in 1 day :awww:
i can see him losing in 1st round at Wimbledon as well :awww: to Henman!! :p

BYE > Henman on any Surface :)

Horatio Caine
06-11-2006, 09:30 PM
BYE > Henman on any Surface :)

You know as well as some us do that Henman would have matched Ljubo's performance in Paris :devil:

...and he might well have kicked his ass had he faced him on clay as well ;)

mallorn
06-11-2006, 09:35 PM
It was strange not to see her, but it was very, very hot and she may have felt ill. :shrug:

ChloeLove
06-11-2006, 09:36 PM
:lol: Shame on Mirka!

Jade Fox
06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
I was weird not seeing her, given that his parents were actually there. But I'm sure they're okay.

MariaV
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Yep, that was it. That was definitely it - something happened to Mirka or with Mirka so Fed just couldn't last the distance despite the great start.

blosson
06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Mirka lost so much weight, she could be seen :o

Ales_Alessandra
06-11-2006, 10:46 PM
:haha:

swissmiss
06-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Mirka was there. I also saw a quick spectator shot of her in the same horrible purple hat she was wearing at the semis. Of course they dont care about showing the girlfriend when it's such a epic match!
His family was more of a big deal being there bc they are almost never at his finals

robinhood
06-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Mirka was there. I also saw a quick spectator shot of her in the same horrible purple hat she was wearing at the semis. Of course they dont care about showing the girlfriend when it's such a epic match!
His family was more of a big deal being there bc they are almost never at his finals

They would show the girlfriends a lot more often if they were hot.
I'm sorry to say this, but Mirka has started to look like Swiss Mrs. these days with that weird fashion and gigantic rings.

Bibberz
06-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Was that woman sitting to the (camera) right of Federer's mother his sister, Diana? I don't think I know what she looks like....

Metis
06-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Was that woman sitting to the (camera) right of Federer's mother his sister, Diana? I don't think I know what she looks like....

Maybe Roger's new girlfriend?? :devil:
Just kidding.

I agree with you robinhood. I think Mirka would look great (who cares about a few extra pounds anyway?) if she had a better taste in clothes...

tangerine_dream
06-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Boo to those who think there's some kind of ulterior motive in this thread. :ras: A lot of people were wondering where Mirka was so I put it on the table. ESPN didn't show her so naturally there's going to be some curiosity, especially since she's usually such a fixture at his matches.

Johnny Groove
06-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Boo to those who think there's some kind of ulterior motive in this thread. :ras: A lot of people were wondering where Mirka was so I put it on the table. ESPN didn't show her so naturally there's going to be some curiosity, especially since she's usually such a fixture at his matches.

I think Fed should have some girls on the side, because ESPN only likes to show good-looking women. Thats why youre only aloud to HEAR Mary Carillo. Notice how they always interview sharapova, vaidisova, but rarely ugly girls?

swissmiss
06-12-2006, 01:18 AM
David Watts- Yes, that was his sister next to his mother.
She looked like she was going to cry at the end.

star
06-12-2006, 01:22 AM
So did Roger.

Phunkadelicious
06-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Mirka ate herself.

P.S. Just kidding peepz, I like Mirka. Hell, she's the only thing about Roger that I do like.

Natasc
06-12-2006, 01:36 AM
she wasnt there
the commentators were talking about that either
during the hole 2 weeks, she just wasnt there

weird.... :scratch:

anserq
06-12-2006, 01:39 AM
lol #12 good job finding Mirka.

swissmiss
06-12-2006, 01:42 AM
yeah she was!
Obviously you are not a huge fan of Roger and don't watch the matches very closely!

Natasc
06-12-2006, 01:53 AM
yeah she was!
Obviously you are not a huge fan of Roger and don't watch the matches very closely!
:o excuse me :rolleyes:
sory if Im too busy studying medicine for pay attention to details...

THE COMMENTATORS (that watch 100% of the time the match) did not saw her
maybe the espn cover did not show her

and Im having the feeling - judging from that thread - that I wasnt the only that did not saw her at his matchs....

Tennis Fool
06-12-2006, 02:06 AM
I thought they panned to her during the Awards ceremony clapping for Rafa :shrug:

admiralpye
06-12-2006, 02:13 AM
:lol: :lol:

Well who know maybe they had a figth and that was Roger's problem today .
I mean I dont' like him AT ALL but his game wasn't there today I was expecting a really close final just like in Rome but Roger's head was in Swtzerland today :rolleyes: and this is the olny reason that I can find for his poor tennis today.

Yeah they had a figth and that is wjhy Federer played so awful today. :)

They were both acting weird during the final. Spraying one or two forehands and backhands into the crowd. Weird. And they seemed like they didn't want to bother with long rallies most of the time.

nayeli0016
06-12-2006, 02:45 AM
I saw Mirka in one of Roger's matches this year on RG. She was sitting below Roger's coach's seat, so perhaps the camera was missing Mirka the whole time while trying to focus on Roger's coach most of the time.

06-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Maybe if she wasn't there it was Roger's decision and not Mirka's. I'm sure she wouldn't be there, if he didn't want her to be there.

Doris Loeffel
06-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Well I was there and I did see Mirka - and yes she was wearing a hat. That women in blond besides Lynette must have been Retos gf and besides her there was Mirka.

alfonsojose
06-12-2006, 12:46 PM
She and Moya were naked in Nadal's hotel room, waiting for him

Allez
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Mirka should have been there supporting her man. I'm sure one look at Mirka's direction when the chips were down would have given Roger much needed inspiration yesterday. The timing of whatever it is that stopped her from showing up sucked really bad. I hope she is OK and we get to see her in the box @ Wimbledon.

Caren
06-12-2006, 05:48 PM
She wasn't there boohoo, it's not down to her that Roger lost Roger just sucked majorly bad. It's not like she plays for him, she is allowed a life for herself. It's her prerogative if she didn't want to be there or couldn't be there. God forbid there being anything more important than almighty Roger playing in another final :rolleyes:

nobama
06-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Mirka should have been there supporting her man. I'm sure one look at Mirka's direction when the chips were down would have given Roger much needed inspiration yesterday. The timing of whatever it is that stopped her from showing up sucked really bad. I hope she is OK and we get to see her in the box @ Wimbledon.What are you talking about? Someone who was actually at the match said Mirka was there...just a few posts back.

Jlee
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
She was there for his semi-final match I believe. I remember because of her hat...haha

But I definitely didn't see her during the final, that's not to say that she wasn't there though. I just find it odd because they usually pan over to her at least once during his matches, especially one as important as this one. I'm not sure what was going on...they might just have chosen to show his parents instead...

Allez
06-12-2006, 06:02 PM
What are you talking about? Someone who was actually at the match said Mirka was there...just a few posts back.
She must have been well hidden because I watched the entire match on tv and not once did I see a shot of her. If she was there I stand corrected. I'm not suggesting that her life should revolve around Roger but it is nice to see her there for Roger especially in matches like this. :wavey:

nobama
06-12-2006, 06:11 PM
She must have been well hidden because I watched the entire match on tv and not once did I see a shot of her. If she was there I stand corrected. I'm not suggesting that her life should revolve around Roger but it is nice to see her there for Roger especially in matches like this. :wavey:Well I didn't see her either, although I admit I wasn't paying that much attention. But Doris, a long time Swiss fan who was in Paris at the match said Mirka was there wearing a hat. I guess just because we didn't see her on TV doesn't mean she wasn't there.

Corey Feldman
06-13-2006, 12:18 AM
So did Roger.No he did not.
you just wish he did
:rolleyes:

nobama
06-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Not a great picture, but she's the one standing there with arms folded...next to Roger's friend Reto and coach Roche.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/steffi_85/Roland%20Garros%202006%20-%20Final/MirkaRG.jpg