If Nadal wins, Roger will hate him [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Nadal wins, Roger will hate him

dmit424
06-11-2006, 09:47 AM
If Nadal wins the Final today and prevents Roger from accomplishing the Grand Slam, I think Roger will unofficially hate Nadal. Unofficially because obviously Roger will never concede this in public.

deliveryman
06-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I think Roger "unoffically" hates him now.

dkw
06-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Both Roger and Nadal are professional athletes who've been winning and losing matches since they were juniors - I would think they'd be mature enough to accept the fact that they won/lost based on their performance.

I think the only time players acutally hate each other is when there is personal confrontations (spitting, pushing) on the court or in the locker room.

jenanun
06-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Both Roger and Nadal are professional athletes who've been winning and losing matches since they were juniors - I would think they'd be mature enough to accept the fact that they won/lost based on their performance.

I think the only time players acutally hate each other is when there is personal confrontations (spitting, pushing) on the court or in the locker room.

yep..... and roger is not ljubicic....

dmit424
06-11-2006, 11:26 AM

I don't know, perhaps not "real" hate but certainly annoyance. I think Fed would be very annoyed, maybe at himself, but human nature would probably make him be a little bit annoyed at Nadal.

Btw, your first paragraph is pretty true, except for the cas of Ivan Ljubicic. Does that guy ever accept a loss as is?

dkw
06-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Well if Fed is annoyed at Nadal he can have himself a little chuckle because that's the way the rest of the tour feels about him.

And in the case of Ljubicic I think most of the things he says is said in the heat of the moment... he should just stay away from reporters after a tough loss.

stebs
06-11-2006, 11:40 AM
If Nadal wins the Final today and prevents Roger from accomplishing the Grand Slam, I think Roger will unofficially hate Nadal. Unofficially because obviously Roger will never concede this in public.
Or maybe Federer is a man rather than some petulant kid? :rolleyes:

Marine
06-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Does Kim hate Justine ?
Does Agassi hate Sampras ?

I don't think so.

supersexynadal
06-11-2006, 12:25 PM
he onwt publicly show it but we'll know. He'l stop making all these media exhibition matches and stuff with him and he'll stop making generous comments. He MIGHT hint he doesnt like him. Who knows!

DDrago2
06-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't agree. Federer will simply think that he was not good enough

prima donna
06-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Does Kim hate Justine ?
Does Agassi hate Sampras ?

I don't think so.

I'd think twice about that one if I were you.

dmit424
06-11-2006, 12:59 PM
It doesn't matter what conclusions other comparisons such as Agassi/Sampras may lead to, because this is a different matter. Nadal is not an attacking player, and I feel many are taking subtle shots at him via the media, much as was the case with Hewitt when he was #1. Also, since Nadal is not really an attacker (he CAN attack, but he's still more of a defender), it leads others to think that they can really defeat him, and when they can't, it leads to not respect towards Nadal but almost a sort of anger because again, they feel as if though Nadal doesn't really BEAT them as much as they can't beat his style of play.

It's like it was back in junior tennis, no one likes a "pusher". I want to make clear that Nadal isn't a "pusher", really, because pushers don't have nasty forehands like him and don't hit nasty passes like him, but certainly, a large part of his game hinges on creating off of defense. This is completely unlike Federer, Sampras, Agassi, Justine, etc. Those players are respected because they create their offense out of nothing and dictate play... Naturally, those type of players will probably always get more respect. It's unfortunate, too. I feel like Nadal is actually being somewhat under-appreciated just as Hewitt was during his top years simply because neither man is really a point-dictator.

He can't make shots like Roger off of mid-court balls, he can't serve like Roger, he doesn't have Roger's grace, he doesn't have Roger's "class" off the court, he doesn't have Roger's off-the-clay resume, he doesn't really have Roger's offensive game. He just runs faster than anyone, is probably mentally more tough than anyone, and is the best on-the-run passer in the game. Simply, best defender. But that doesn't get that much respect.

Argenbrit
06-11-2006, 05:25 PM
And the rest of the ATP tour hates them both then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tangerine_dream
06-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Just got off the phone with Ljubicic, he says everyone in the locker room hates Rafa.

almouchie
06-11-2006, 05:44 PM
just like everyone started getting annoyed at roger winning always
they might start to or already they do dislike rafa

I dont mind as long as rafa is beating federer
Federer has to think how can he beat nadal next time

jenanun
06-11-2006, 05:52 PM
i think roger is hating himself more at this moment....

:hug: :hug: :hug:

nevermind.....

the grass season has just begun so go and get your 4th wimbledon title!

Aurora
06-11-2006, 07:27 PM
It doesn't matter what conclusions other comparisons such as Agassi/Sampras may lead to, because this is a different matter. Nadal is not an attacking player, and I feel many are taking subtle shots at him via the media, much as was the case with Hewitt when he was #1. Also, since Nadal is not really an attacker (he CAN attack, but he's still more of a defender), it leads others to think that they can really defeat him, and when they can't, it leads to not respect towards Nadal but almost a sort of anger because again, they feel as if though Nadal doesn't really BEAT them as much as they can't beat his style of play.

It's like it was back in junior tennis, no one likes a "pusher". I want to make clear that Nadal isn't a "pusher", really, because pushers don't have nasty forehands like him and don't hit nasty passes like him, but certainly, a large part of his game hinges on creating off of defense. This is completely unlike Federer, Sampras, Agassi, Justine, etc. Those players are respected because they create their offense out of nothing and dictate play... Naturally, those type of players will probably always get more respect. It's unfortunate, too. I feel like Nadal is actually being somewhat under-appreciated just as Hewitt was during his top years simply because neither man is really a point-dictator.

He can't make shots like Roger off of mid-court balls, he can't serve like Roger, he doesn't have Roger's grace, he doesn't have Roger's "class" off the court, he doesn't have Roger's off-the-clay resume, he doesn't really have Roger's offensive game. He just runs faster than anyone, is probably mentally more tough than anyone, and is the best on-the-run passer in the game. Simply, best defender. But that doesn't get that much respect.

good point. Karl Maes commentated that indeed Rafael probably isn't that liked in the locker room anymore because of this feeling that he should be beatable.
He doesn't seem to be a class above as Roger can make the opponent feel. But Rafa's great at exposing other people's limitations, which can go uncredited as we see today when so much people moan about Roger's ue's or his backhand failures.