Federer praises Nadal [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer praises Nadal

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 06:55 PM
This was published today by Spanish journal MARCA. I've translated it into English:

"I think that in Rome and Montecarlo we've demonstrated we're the two best players of the world on clay, not just the numbers 1 & 2", he said about Nadal. "Nadal has been very strong in the last years and he has demonstrated it not only on clay, but on other surfaces. There are some people that say he can only play on clay and they don't have any idea of tennis. He faces some more difficulty on grass but maybe he hasn't had many opportunities. Let's see what he achieves this year", he added.

Thanks Roger, you're really a champion. Message for you from your idol, Fedtards ( :haha: ), that don't love and understand the game of tennis. If you did then you would like Nadal, just as Federer likes him. Live with that! :D

Chloe le Bopper
06-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Link?

Not that I doubt Fed said it, this is common knowledge for anybody that has a clue what they are talking about.

MariaV
06-10-2006, 07:49 PM
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/tenis/roland_garros/es/desarrollo/658078.html

ChloeLove
06-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Well that's nice to know. Now, when a Fedtard says Nadal can only play on clay, i'll just quote Federer, "There are some people that say he can only play on clay and they don't have any idea of tennis."

bandabou
06-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Nice words by Roger...

stebs
06-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I like this from Roger. Nice to see him being his usual graqcious self. :worship:

DDrago2
06-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks Roger, you're really a champion. Message for you from your idol, Fedtards ( :haha: ), that don't love and understand the game of tennis. If you did then you would like Nadal, just as Federer likes him. Live with that! :D

Oh, Tom, thank you so much! You oppened my eyes! Now I am a Nadal fan!

DOWN WITH ROGER!

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Well that's nice to know. Now, when a Fedtard says Nadal can only play on clay, i'll just quote Federer, "There are some people that say he can only play on clay and they don't have any idea of tennis."

Good idea ChloeLove, I'll add it to my signature.

oneandonlyhsn
06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
To quote Tangy "There is a new Rafatard in town and his name is Tom_Bombadill" vamossssss :rocker2:

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh, Tom, thank you so much! You oppened my eyes! Now I am a Nadal fan!

DOWN WITH ROGER!

:haha: You're so funny, but not in the way you think you are. :rolleyes: (just look at your signature, it makes people think you must be a retarded)

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
To quote Tangy "There is a new Rafatard in town and his name is Tom_Bombadill" vamossssss :rocker2:

Oh, he said that? I didn't read it. How loveable of him. :D

By the way, coming from you it's like a praise. Thanks!

stebs
06-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Wooaaahhhh. Tom_Bombadil is taking Rafatardism to new heights. He could well be Rafa fans equivalent of Tourmalante.

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Wooaaahhhh. Tom_Bombadil is taking Rafatardism to new heights. He could well be Rafa fans equivalent of Tourmalante.

That statement from Roger really hurt eh? didn't it? :D

I respect Roger a lot, and that speaks in my favour and against you cause you don't respect Rafa. I'm a Rafa fan, yeah. If you want to make some kind of point towards my alleged rafatardism then quote and make your point. If not, you're just one more 'frog in the river'.

stebs
06-10-2006, 08:48 PM
That statement from Roger really hurt eh? didn't it? :D

I respect Roger a lot, and that speaks in my favour and against you cause you don't respect Rafa. I'm a Rafa fan, yeah. If you want to make some kind of point towards my alleged rafatardism then quote and make your point. If not, you're just one more 'frog in the river'.
You think I don't respect Rafa? Why do you think that, maybe you should ask a poster who has been here more than five minutes if I respect Rafa. It can even be a Rafa fan if you like. Of course I respect Rafa, he's one of the guys making tennis great. The best on clay, the only guy to beat Roger this year, he's incredible. What made you think I don't respect the guy?

supersexynadal
06-10-2006, 08:50 PM
ROGER YOU MARK MY WORDS!!!! How many times have i went on forums bashing peope who say nadal is only a clay courter? I said these exact words-YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT TENNIS. This guy is truly amazing. He actual said theyre the best two. They truly are. Sometimes i watch an amazing tennis match but roger and rafa are a different story

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 08:52 PM
You think I don't respect Rafa? Why do you think that, maybe you should ask a poster who has been here more than five minutes if I respect Rafa. It can even be a Rafa fan if you like. Of course I respect Rafa, he's one of the guys making tennis great. The best on clay, the only guy to beat Roger this year, he's incredible. What made you think I don't respect the guy?

Fedtards would accuse anyone who praises Rafa of being a rafatard. They don't have reasons, they can't debate, they don't have a point. They simply say Rafatard to anyone who likes Rafa or admires him.

So, your point in saying I'm a Rafatard is? :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Do those of you calling Tom out for being a "rafatard" actually have anything to say about the content of his post?

henree
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I guess since he was talking sh*t last time. Calling Nadal "One Dimensional". He thought he would try flattery as another strategy. Too bad he is still going down tomorrow. :devil:

jenanun
06-10-2006, 09:16 PM
I guess since he was talking sh*t last time. Calling Nadal "One Dimensional". He thought he would try flattery as another strategy. Too bad he is still going down tomorrow. :devil:

yep... the 1D comments made him looks really bad...

now, he is talking about rafa not just a claycourter... the 2nd best player these days.... etc. etc...

so he would not feel so embarassing next time when he lost to rafa.... not just on clay, but any surfaces, hardcourt or grass....

Chloe le Bopper
06-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Or maybe he actually meant it.

Calling Nadal one dimensional and then saying that he can put up results on all surfaces does not a contradiction make.

mallorn
06-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Tom, stebs is one of very few Roger fans around here who do respect Rafa. ;)

Why are so many people after Tom though? :scratch:

Back to topic: It's nice to see Roger is gracious again. And it will make a nice argument when PD et all will call Rafa a "dirtballer" again. ;)

stebs
06-10-2006, 11:16 PM
[I]
Fedtards would accuse anyone who praises Rafa of being a rafatard. They don't have reasons, they can't debate, they don't have a point. They simply say Rafatard to anyone who likes Rafa or admires him.

That's very contradictory. You have said previously that you respect Roger which I'm all for :) . However I have also seen you make posts calling people Fedtards, this is perfectly fine as well, everybody likes a bit of banter. However, you say that anyone accusing people of being a 'tard' can not respect another player.

Also, if I have read you wronlgy I am sorry and willing to make an apology, maybe you aren't so bad as I thought but don't assume things about me because your assumptions are quite wrong.

The reason I flagged you up in this thread was because in the first post you wrote you said this:

Message for you from your idol, Fedtards ( ), that don't love and understand the game of tennis. If you did then you would like Nadal, just as Federer likes him. Live with that!

Now, that would mean that you don't respect Roger huh? You calling people Fedtards. I can quite understand it when opposing fan forces can get into slanging matches over a disagreement but it is this sort of thing that confuses me. Why put that in your post? You were not replying to any "Fedtard" who had said they hate Nadal you were merely trying to create an advisory in order to try and argue with them.

You also seem to be unable to make a distinction between a fan of Federer and a 'Fedtard', as it's called on MTF, unless you can learn to make that distinction you will find that less people will like you if you accuse the whole of the best player in the world's fan base of not "understanding the game of tennis".

So, sorry if I read you wrong but don't make too many generalisations.

Scotso
06-10-2006, 11:31 PM
:yeah:

rofe
06-10-2006, 11:40 PM

Actually, being able to play on different surfaces and being one-dimensional is not mutually exclusive.

Roger saying Nadal can play on different surfaces is not rocket science. Nadal has proved that he can play well on HC and carpet.

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 11:54 PM
That's very contradictory. You have said previously that you respect Roger which I'm all for :) . However I have also seen you make posts calling people Fedtards, this is perfectly fine as well, everybody likes a bit of banter. However, you say that anyone accusing people of being a 'tard' can not respect another player.

Also, if I have read you wronlgy I am sorry and willing to make an apology, maybe you aren't so bad as I thought but don't assume things about me because your assumptions are quite wrong.

The reason I flagged you up in this thread was because in the first post you wrote you said this:

Message for you from your idol, Fedtards ( ), that don't love and understand the game of tennis. If you did then you would like Nadal, just as Federer likes him. Live with that!

Now, that would mean that you don't respect Roger huh? You calling people Fedtards. I can quite understand it when opposing fan forces can get into slanging matches over a disagreement but it is this sort of thing that confuses me. Why put that in your post? You were not replying to any "Fedtard" who had said they hate Nadal you were merely trying to create an advisory in order to try and argue with them.

You also seem to be unable to make a distinction between a fan of Federer and a 'Fedtard', as it's called on MTF, unless you can learn to make that distinction you will find that less people will like you if you accuse the whole of the best player in the world's fan base of not "understanding the game of tennis".

So, sorry if I read you wrong but don't make too many generalisations.

I didn't accuse any particular person in this thread of being a Fedtard. It's pretty different of putting the finger pointing to this or that person. I know- though I'm new to this boards- a few people who are Fedtards. It doesn't take a lot of detectivesque abilities to find them, so what is the generalization? I'm referring to Fedtards, not to Federer fans as a whole. If you take the Fedtard part personally then it's your problem. What it's funny is that if you don't consider yourself a Fedtard (I'm not saying you're one of those, it's an hypotheses), then why take it personally.

I think you don't understand the difference between saying: this post is dedicated to Fedtards, and saying: you, XXXX are a Rafatard. If you're cuestioning me or my opinions then you better quote the points you consider to make a discussion, don't simply call me Rafatard without any reasons. Well, do what you want but you're discrediting yourself acting in that manner.

I don't know where's the contradiction cause I didn't call anyone in particular a Fedtard, though I could make it. I.e., I think this guy whose name is dragoXXX (I don't remember it exactly) is a Fedtard or Rafa-hater. I just have to look at his signature, or his fixation with Nadal's skin tone but yeah I expose a reason to call him Fedtard. I don't go to a post that I consider correct and uninsulting to 'untard' people and call someone Rafatard just because I like to be funny. :)

I'm repeating the pattern here but I'm going to tell something cause I also like sometimes to make funny statements: you are an astronaut who likes pizza. ¿Do I have any proves? Of course not, do you see my point?

DDrago2
06-11-2006, 12:18 AM
But you suddenly state that Federer is a real champion only when he had a few good words for Nadal. So that is how you became a real champion - and not buy happening to be the best player in the world. Much more Nadal-centred than any "fedtard" post is Federer-centred

And Federer didn't say that he likes Nadal as you put it - he only sad that Nadal can play other surfaces than clay. That is a fact, not praise.

robert6061
06-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Roger is being as gracious as ever....you can never have a rivalry as intense as theirs without rumour and a bit of sniping occasionally. Im a dyed in the wool Federer fan and,for me, his rivalry with Rafa is more exciting than Sampras Agassi. It's the best rivalry in men's tennis since Borg McEnroe.

heya
06-11-2006, 05:58 AM
"He beat me maybe 4 times," says Federer to the wonderful American Ass Channel ESPN. 2006

"I can believe I wasn't number 1," when he wasn't number 1 and the one-dimensional "rivals" were number 1s.
BBC America. 2004

~EMiLiTA~
06-11-2006, 06:16 AM
grow up FFS...all this Rafatardism/Fedtardism is seriously wearing thin. it seems like no thread these days can avoid turning into a Rafa v Fed fans argument. so pathetic.

Allez
06-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Rogi made these comments after his semifinal against one Nalbandian. Here's the rest of the interview

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2006-06-09/200606091149865477147.html

To those who say Roger's just wanting to lessen the blow of another loss as it were ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you think Federer is not speaking the truth ? Can Rafa not play on other surfaces ? Has he not won Montreal ? Has he not won Madrid ? Although I did not agree with Roger's 1-D comment, I fail to see how his latest statements with regards to Rafa's credentials on other surfaces contradict his 1-D comment. :scratch:

fooclate
06-11-2006, 07:29 AM
grow up FFS...all this Rafatardism/Fedtardism is seriously wearing thin. it seems like no thread these days can avoid turning into a Rafa v Fed fans argument. so pathetic.

Couldnt agree more. When will the day come when the fedtards and rafatards can live in peace? When a praise for Fed becomes an insult for Rafa and a compliment towards Rafas enthusiasm is a "read between the lines for Feerer has no emotion at all" just disappears and we live in perfect fed-rafa harmony :D That day will go down in all our history books. But i gues why bother thinking about it when that day is Never going to come?!

stebs
06-11-2006, 10:40 AM
True though it is I think this thread was always likely to descend into that type of thread. You just have to look at the first post to see why.

prima donna
06-11-2006, 11:10 AM
The most pathetic part of this whole Nadal and Federer ordeal is this, there's a large percentage of people that are simply taking this too personal.

Who cares what Roger said, he can say what he wants, when he wants and to whomever he wants, being the best player (probably ever) gives you this variety of unlimited leverage.

Of course the entire world wants Roger to lose now, because Roger has it all and this occasion just about sums things up. Let's try keeping things in perspective here, while Roger Federer will be trying to achieve tennis immortality, Rafael Nadal will be trying to .... win another Roland Garros.

All in all, regardless of today's results, there's no comparison.