Roger and Rafa Saturday interviews [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger and Rafa Saturday interviews

hitchhiker
06-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Attention everyone new interviews of roger and nadal are out. be quick to find juicy quotes to start a new thread. heres a preview of the questions taken out of context we will see over next 24 hours.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2006-06-10/200606101149952294471.html
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2006-06-10/200606101149950825672.html

Q. The other day, yesterday, you said that winning the Slam, holding all four titles, would be an extraordinary accomplishment in sports. Can you compare that to some of the other accomplishments in sport, like Tiger Woods holding all four of the golf titles or Lance Armstrong with his six straight?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, you would almost have to compare to what Tiger did, I guess, because they have also four majors.

Yeah, you have to almost go towards Tiger, I would think.

MTF interpretation. Roger: Tigers domination isn't even close to what im doing, I am the standard now. Don't compare me with him.

Q. Rafael said tomorrow you are the favorite. He said in every single match you play you are the favorite because you're No. 1 and probably you have more pressure because of this Grand Slam feat you might accomplish tomorrow. What do you have to say about that?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, that's his opinion, so that's okay, you know. I have a different opinion. It's not the same, so that's okay, too. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

MTF interpretation. Roger: That stupid little shit. Did you ask in English? Ask him again in Spanish to make sure he understood the question. My racket will do the talking tomorrow

Q. I imagine your Blackberry or e‑mail is going nuts today, the day before the final. Can you give us a sense of who you've heard from, former players or anything like that, wishing you luck?

ROGER FEDERER: Many fans came from Switzerland, obviously, for the weekend. Even more coming for tomorrow. We need many tickets. And that's always the case either here in Paris or in Wimbledon, which is around the corner for us Swiss people. So it's gonna be interesting, you know, with many friends watching.

Yeah, haven't gotten that many good luck wishes yet, but I know all of them, they think that. Nobody wants to disturb me now, so it's all right.

MTF interpretation. Roger: The whole world is cheering for me tomorrow. Haven't gotten many good luck wishes yet but I know I am in everyones prayers tonight.

Q. Laver won the grand slam twice. Can you just fathom somebody who's done that twice?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, I spoke to Tony about it because he was playing when he did it. And he said the first one was not everybody was playing, not to take anything away. The second one was when everybody was playing. He said after he won the second one, he never won another Grand Slam, which is kind of surprising.

MTF interpretation. Roger: One of his grandslams is during amature era. Second one was a fluke because he never won another slam.

Q. Rafa beat you the last three times. I don't know if it can affect you psychologically or not. Also, you were close to beat him last time. What do you need to beat him finally?

ROGER FEDERER: I need a good match, very simple. Same as when I used to play Hewitt, you know. I know that the average match is not gonna make it, you know. So I need to play a good match, and that's gonna give me an option then to either win or lose.

MTF interpretation. Roger: I don't need to play great, I can just play good and beat his ass like Hewitt. His one dimensional like Hewitt. If I play good theres only one option: My win.

NADAL

Q. After the Rome final, Roger Federer said, "Now I guess I know how to beat him." What do you think? How can he do this probably?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't think nothing about that, no? Maybe he can beat me not now, after Rome. He can beat me in Monte‑Carlo, last year here, in Rome. Every time he can beat me. He is No. 1. I need find solution for beat him, not he find a solution for beat me, no?

MTF interpretation. Nadal: He always says same thing, no? blah blah blah always thinks he can beat me. I need find solution to beat him *wink*

Q. If you compare these finals of Rome, Monte‑Carlo, do you think the two of you got closer together, or the games were closer?

RAFAEL NADAL: Maybe that's not true. That's not true. Maybe that's not true. Every match is different. Every match is different history. Every match is different sensations, different places. Is not we can't compare one with other one. Is not exactly now he know me better and he can beat me because he can beat me in Monte‑Carlo and in every place. He's the best of the world, one of the best of the history, no? He can beat me in clay, for sure. But not now; every time, no?

MTF interpretation. Nadal: Every match is different, no? As long as I keep taking drugs I am ok, no? His best but that dont mean nothing when he play me, no?

Q. Are you getting used to all the show biz, coming today, talking to the journalists, the publicity? Does it make you tired or are you getting used to it?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I know I need do that. Is a part of the work. And I know, no? I know why we need do that, no?

MTF interpretation. Nadal: I am superstar, no? I am best and I deserve all.

Q. Is there an extra stress of playing against Federer compared to the other matches?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, is against the No. 1. I know he's the No. 1. He has the pression. I want to win, sure, but he has the most pression, no? He's the favorite. If he win tomorrow, he have the Grand Slam.

MTF interpretation. Nadal: Federer has all pression, no? he going to choke as usual, no? make 90 ue and then say he is close, no?

Q. But do you sincerely believe he is the favorite?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, sure.

MTF interpretation. Nadal: Yeah, sure. *evil laugh*

NYCtennisfan
06-10-2006, 05:12 PM
:haha: :haha:

Sounds about right. :)

scoobs
06-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Ahhh more grist to the mill for Days of our Federer/Nadal Lives.

gusman890
06-10-2006, 05:15 PM
ohh hitchhikerrrrr

ur the best comady maker in MTF.

sounds about right as well

Castafiore
06-10-2006, 05:17 PM
:yeah:

Good job, hitchiker

mallorn
06-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Q. But do you sincerely believe he is the favorite?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, sure.

MTF interpretation. Nadal: Yeah, sure. *evil laugh*
Spot on. :lol: :yeah:

atheneglaukopis
06-10-2006, 05:20 PM
MTF interpretation. Nadal: Federer has all pression, no? he going to choke as usual, no? make 90 ue and then say he is close, no?:tape:

Argenbrit
06-10-2006, 05:22 PM
:haha: :yeah:

connectolove
06-10-2006, 05:28 PM
It is funny, specially the last part :"Federer has all pression, no? he going to choke as usual, no? make 90 ue and then say he is close, no?"

The part about taking drugs... well, the hints are getting out of hand.

almouchie
06-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Ahhh more grist to the mill for Days of our Federer/Nadal Lives.

very funny very funny
great line
:worship: :D

mandoura
06-10-2006, 05:41 PM
:haha:

Scotso
06-10-2006, 06:02 PM
:lol:

Did you ask in English? Ask him again in Spanish to make sure he understood the question.

that's the funniest thing i've read in a long time :D

Bagelicious
06-10-2006, 06:44 PM
:hearts: hitchiker! :rolls:

Fed=ATPTourkilla
06-10-2006, 06:58 PM
"MTF interpretation. Nadal: Federer has all pression, no? he going to choke as usual, no? make 90 ue and then say he is close, no?"

:p

Saumon
06-10-2006, 10:05 PM
:haha: :haha: :rolls:
btw I saw Rafa today and he looked very relaxed! :p

mallorn
06-10-2006, 10:42 PM
:haha: :haha: :rolls:
btw I saw Rafa today and he looked very relaxed! :p
Oh, that's good to hear, cause he looked a bit edgy in his press conference. I guess it must have been because he was asked the same question for the 30984563264th time.