Which of these records will be most difficult for Roger to break? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which of these records will be most difficult for Roger to break?

J. Corwin
06-10-2006, 10:37 AM
I say it's a toss-up between 109 titles and 2 Calendar Grand Slams. Probably a bit more so the latter, considering the timing required. Laver's feat was truly remarkable and may never be achieved again. :worship: At the rate Roger's going, I can see him passing Pete's 14 slams, providing he stays healthy.

The "easiest" record for him to break would probably be Andre's 17 Masters shields, seeing as how there are 9 of those tournies each year and Roger can grab at least one of the March double, one on clay, and any of the summer or fall ones every year, and he already has 10.

Deivid23
06-10-2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/headtohead/head2head.asp?player1=Nadal&player2=Federer

bokehlicious
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
All of them are certainly too huge to reach :angel:

stebs
06-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Easy to see Roger not reaching any of those astounding records but the toughest are:

Connors titles which will never be broken. No-one other than Connors cares about that record, he was winning tournaments where he had to win two matches against women with no legs to win the tournament. If Fed wanted to he maybe could get somewhere close but it would stop him from aiming for important records like most slams.

Also Laver with his two calendar GS. I doubt whether Federer can even win one calendar GS in his career (although I may be singing a different tune tomorrow evening). It is a stupidly tough thing to do.

deliveryman
06-10-2006, 10:52 AM
he was winning tournaments where he had to win two matches against women with no legs to win the tournament.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Good rep for you on that one. LOL I'm still laughing

DrJules
06-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Rod Laver 2 grand slams - greatest achievement in mens tennis.

g35-great
06-10-2006, 03:29 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/headtohead/head2head.asp?player1=Nadal&player2=Federer

what is this link doing in this thread?? :scratch:
this has nothing to do with the poll and why post it here? are u trying to prove that spanish guys are just stupid d!cks who cannot read???

bandabou
06-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Laver 2 GS's...but three out of 4 on grass and I could see Roger winning like 4 GRAND SLAMS that way.

Argenbrit
06-10-2006, 04:15 PM
You forgot an "All of them" option. They're all very difficult to reach.

NYCtennisfan
06-10-2006, 05:18 PM
2 calendar year slams and 109 titles will never happen, but I would honestly say that 109 titles is the hardest. Connors was winning a lot of titles when the tour was split between the ATP circuit and the WCT circuit. A lot of the tournaments that Connors won were against vastly inferior competition. It's probably true that even with the tours combined, Connors would probably still have won 90+ titles, but he probably wouldn't get to 109. To me, Lendl's total title count is more impressive.

As for Federer, he has 37 titles and out of those, 7 are slams, 10 are TMS titles and 2 are TMC titles. More than half of his titles are "big" titles.

Raul-Lopez
06-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Why Federer? The question should be " Which of these records will be most difficult for Nadal to break?" What won federer with 19 years? Nadal with 25 years will have more than 50 titles .

almouchie
06-10-2006, 05:51 PM
All of them are certainly too huge to reach :angel:

very very very difficult
in coming years moreplayers will come up
have seen a few already looking positive
murray, djokovic, baghdatis, mario
plus a few juniors as well
new opponents for federer

Tom_Bombadil
06-10-2006, 05:54 PM
The more difficult for him to beat it's going to be Nadal's 16 titles as a teenager. :D