Final will be up to whoever has a 'good day'? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Final will be up to whoever has a 'good day'?

Halba
06-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Hmm both players are virtually equal on a clay court..i think it comes down to whoever is good on the day...doesn't mean they are the 'better player' as they can lose to the other one next time

E.g. nadal can lose to fed this time, but nadal can beat fed again...or vice versa

Sjengster
06-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Either one can win, but to say they are virtually equal on a clay court is laughable.

Scotso
06-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I don't think they're equal on clay, I think Rafa is a better clay court player. But, if Rafa is off and Fed is not, Fed will win, and vice versa.

It's not a cut and dry match to be certain... but the way they both played today... if they do that in the final, I'm confident Nadal will win.

BlackSilver
06-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Open a window, one at a very high height if possible, and then throw yourself through it

Sjengster
06-10-2006, 01:11 AM
I think that's a trifle uncalled for.

oneandonlyhsn
06-10-2006, 01:13 AM
I give the edge slightly to Rafa, he is a better claycourter and his H2H with Rogi should give him an enormous confidence going into the finals.

Merton
06-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Either one can win, but to say they are virtually equal on a clay court is laughable.

I agree, this is like flipping a biased coin. You know "heads" is more likely to occur but eventually "tails" will show up. However, even though "tails" will show up, it does not matter for the unique flip outcome about to occur.

Sjengster
06-10-2006, 01:20 AM
I agree, this is like flipping a biased coin. You know "heads" is more likely to occur but eventually "tails" will show up. However, even though "tails" will show up, it does not matter for the unique flip outcome about to occur.

You and your coins! :p I sometimes think you missed your true calling as a numismatist...

LLeytonRules
06-10-2006, 01:25 AM
I dont know about that.Once Roger figures u out, he will get into a rhythym with u.I hope Roger pulls it out.He has the clay-court game to do it.He is by far better then last year.

ChloeLove
06-10-2006, 01:58 AM
It does depend on how well each of them are playing. If one of them is off, then the other will win. However, I expect both of them will be trying to win it, and in that case I really couldn't say who I think will win. I give Nadal an edge though.