lets make this clear, nadal doesnt dominate roger [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

lets make this clear, nadal doesnt dominate roger

ugotlobbed
06-09-2006, 05:40 PM
first win in miami federer was sick

2nd win was in doha was 3 sets

lost in miami to fed in 5

basically hard is 1-1

clay
3-0 none in straight sets, 2 4setters 1 5setter

this isnt called dominance, its called a rivalry not a dominance

lets make the fact clear that nadal is #2, its not federers fault nadal didnt make it to the finals of AO, wimby, USopen, those basically count as losses

you can only say dominance if the player is better than the other, gg

LeeHesh
06-09-2006, 05:46 PM
You've convinced me.
I'm hard at work on my own little proof of how Federer doesn't dominate Andy despite the overwhelming h-2-h. Help from a master like you would be appreciated.

Bagelicious
06-09-2006, 05:47 PM
5-1 looks like domination to me. :shrug:

Allez
06-09-2006, 05:48 PM
What a stupid thread :retard:

Allez
06-09-2006, 05:48 PM

Chloe le Bopper
06-09-2006, 05:51 PM
But if Roger wins the final he will be totally dominant of Rafa, right?

rofe
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
5-1 is domination. No other way to put it.

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
He doesn't dominate Roger gamewise, but unfortunately he does result-wise. And he dominates badly :mad:

But you made quite a good case that the dominance is based on mental edge and nothing else. Roger has no problems to outplay Raffa in a game or in a set, but he has problems to win matches!

ugotlobbed
06-09-2006, 05:54 PM
ur fucking stupid

dominate-
To be situated in or occupy a position that is more elevated or decidedly superior to others.

i just prooved my point nadal is #2 federer is #1

ugotlobbed
06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
He doesn't dominate Roger gamewise, but unfortunately he does result-wise. And he dominates badly :mad:

But you made quite a good case that the dominance is based on mental edge and nothing else. Roger has no problems to outplay Raffa in a game or in a set, but he has problems to win matches!

yea only on clay

bandabou
It's domination...Roger hasn't been able to solve Nadal's game just yet. Certainly helps Nadal that they've met three times already on clay, so that is an advantage.

DrJules
In 2 of the 3 encounters this year Roger has won more points. If Roger converts just a few points he could have lead 2 to 1 this year. The contests have been very close. Of the 6 matches, each player has won more points 3 times each. Difference is that Rafael has won key points. Certainly not domination.

ugotlobbed
06-09-2006, 05:57 PM
u cant use dominate when u dont know what the word means

# To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in: a drug company that dominates the tranquilizer market.

his wins on clay are not easy and enjoyful, nadal has had to fight for it, those matches couldve gone either way, we have to wait to see them play more matches

Phunkadelicious
06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
u cant use dominate when u dont know what the word means

People can do whatever they want.

AgassiDomination
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't think people really care if he dominates Fed or not. A +4 differential is enough for most. ;)

Fumus
06-09-2006, 06:09 PM
U r an idiot.

It's domination because Federer can't notch a win even on the faster surfaces...lol

Even when Fed beat Rafa in Miami he should have lost....lol...

alfajeffster
06-09-2006, 06:09 PM
It's domination...Roger hasn't been able to solve Nadal's game just yet. Certainly helps Nadal that they've met three times already on clay, so that is an advantage.

That may be, but Steffi Graf has always had a winning record over Monica Seles...

Fumus
06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
That may be, but Steffi Graf has always had a winning record over Monica Seles...

That's not fair Monica got stabbed.

tangerine_dream
06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
I think ugotlobbed is talking about how close and hard fought all of their matches have been and therefore, even though Rafa leads Roger in their head to head, Rafa doesn't completely "own" Roger the way a true pigeon would be owned.

Fumus
06-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I think ugotlobbed is talking about how close and hard fought all of their matches have been and therefore, even though Rafa leads Roger in their head to head, Rafa doesn't completely "own" Roger the way a true pigeon would be owned.

PWNED!! :)

rofe
06-09-2006, 06:19 PM
U r an idiot.

It's domination because Federer can't notch a win even on the faster surfaces...lol

I agree with you. Rafa dominates Roger just like Roger dominates Andy though in terms of degree of domination, Roger is far ahead in this particular case.

R.Federer
If that's how it works then "Even when raf beat Fed in Rome he should have lost..... lol .....". But that's not how it works.

And to the point of the thread -- the numbers don't lie. But hopefully Roge will start turning it around, beginning Sunday!

jenanun
and also lets make this clear

federer has never beaten nadal on clay

Fumus
06-09-2006, 06:20 PM
If that's how it works then "Even when raf beat Fed in Rome he should have lost..... lol .....". But that's not how it works.

And to the point of the thread -- the numbers don't lie. But hopefully Roge will start turning it around, beginning Sunday!

Rafa will eat Federer's children.

rofe
06-09-2006, 06:22 PM

One more reason to love Nadal :inlove:

R.Federer
06-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Now that I would not put past him....

Fumus
06-09-2006, 06:36 PM
hahahaha...anyone remember when Mike Tyson said that?

....aww classic.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3IQ8w1fhzds&search=eat%20children%20tyson

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 06:44 PM
I agree with you. Rafa dominates Roger just like Roger dominates Andy though in terms of degree of domination, Roger is far ahead in this particular case.

There is no comparison between Federer/Roddick and Nadal-Federer cases - Nadal dominates Federer only on slow surfaces

connectolove
06-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Who cares...

Eclectic Goddess
06-09-2006, 07:16 PM
dominate-
To be situated in or occupy a position that is more elevated or decidedly superior to others.

Rationalize - To devise self-satisfying but inaccurate explanations.

Phunkadelicious
06-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Rationalize - To devise self-satisfying but inaccurate explanations.
cor·rect - 1. Free from error or fault; true or accurate.

deliveryman
06-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Nadal dominates Federer results wise, however, I have yet to see Nadal dominate Federer during an actual match. Miami '04 doesn't count for anything.

nkhera1
06-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah don't forget Nadal was one bad call away from beating Federer in Miami in the finals.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Federe lost against him 1-5,but the score is closer,he even had 2 mps,someday (I hope on Sun) he will beat him!

Neely
06-09-2006, 07:43 PM
True what Tangy says: the intention of this thread is probably only to show that some matches (two) that Nadal won were really close between these two players. But I really had to laugh about that part:
lets make the fact clear that nadal is #2, its not federers fault nadal didnt make it to the finals of AO, wimby, USopen, those basically count as losses

Also, when people like to point out the "close" wins that Nadal got, such as four sets wins or a five set win; Federer's only win against Nadal which was a five setter as well, should have been also mentioned; and he could have lost in straight sets.

Carito_90
06-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Sure thing they were all very close matches, but facts are facts: Nadal won 4 of the 5 they played and was up 2 sets to love and 4-1 in the fifth he didn't win.

Now, I don't know if this is a dominance, it's completely subjective. Many people will say it is, many will say it's not. I don't know if there's a point in discussing this. :shrug:

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 08:41 PM
yes carito and the same happened to federer in ROME!!! I never noticed that!!
I wouldnt say ts dominence AT ALL. Maybe federer is gonna win the next matches? Who knows? People who say roger is gonna kik his ass and rafas too good for roger are jst wrong and ive heard that alot. I hope nadal wins on sunday :angel: