Nalbandian may miss Wimbledon [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian may miss Wimbledon

Jorbaty
06-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Fresh news: he won't play Halle and might not go to Wimbledon due to a stomach muscle injury. He had suffered it in his match against Davydenko, had physio sessions two days and felt no pain at the start today, but it got worse.

Hope he can feel better and make it to London.

Conita
06-09-2006, 04:25 PM
ohhh noo i would really hate it if nalbi misses wimbledon

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Nalbi :hug:

ReturnWinner
06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
its always the same for him, he got injured in his all other four semifinals and against henman in the fourth round in wimbledon, a little is coz his hard play but the most important coz his lack of hard work

a real pity coz the guy is so talented, as talented as federer.

Viken01
06-09-2006, 05:01 PM
david :sad:

avocadoe
06-09-2006, 05:04 PM
i do hope he heals quickly...not nice to say when someone or fans are hurting but his abdomen might perform better if he toughened up a bit?

Argenbrit
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Noooooo. I hope he makes it for Wimbledon. Get well soon, David. :sad:

mangoes
06-09-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm very sad to read that Nalby is injured to this degree..........I really hope he recovers very soon.........

iloveupeterpan
06-09-2006, 06:03 PM
finally.....
injuries for david....
take care :sad:

Allez
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM
What a shame that would be. I'm not Nalbandian's biggest fan but he sure can play and Wimbledon won't be the same without him.

lorenz
06-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think so. Maybe, he will skip the entire grass season, but not Wimbledon. I think he wants to see FIFA WorldCup or maybe watch his Rally Tango Team. ;);););)

azmad_88
06-09-2006, 06:17 PM
:( :sad:

R.Federer
06-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Please get well soon Davide :hug:

marti_228
06-09-2006, 06:26 PM
He will make it!!!!!:)....Hope you have a good recovery, David!

federated
06-09-2006, 06:28 PM
poor pauncho :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-09-2006, 06:56 PM
In my opinion - it would be better for him to skip the grass court season completely and get himself 100% fit for the US Masters' Series events and the US Open, where there are so many points at stake, and he has potentially more chance of success. If he comes back too soon he could risk a far more serious injury, especialy if he has already withdrawn from Halle and would be going into Wimbledon with no proper grass proper practice. It would be foolhardy and dangerous to someone as injury-prone as DN, especially with DC semi-finals coming up, which are very much a priority for him.

justClaudia
06-09-2006, 07:29 PM
In my opinion - it would be better for him to skip the grass court season completely and get himself 100% fit for the US Masters' Series events and the US Open, where there are so many points at stake, and he has potentially more chance of success. If he comes back too soon he could risk a far more serious injury, especialy if he has already withdrawn from Halle and would be going into Wimbledon with no proper grass proper practice. It would be foolhardy and dangerous to someone as injury-prone as DN, especially with DC semi-finals coming up, which are very much a priority for him.

:yeah:

Very well said, Rosie. All I want now is for him to fully recover, and if that means skiping Wimbledon and the grass season....then, that's what he has to do.

guille&tati4life
06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Wimbledon without David :sad: it will be crap. another one of my favourite players drops out.
Get back soon david :worship:

rofe
06-09-2006, 07:35 PM
I wonder if his injury is exacerbated because he feels nervous? Either way, he needs to find an answer to this recurring injury if he is motivated to win gland slams.

chicky841
06-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I hope this isnt true, why does he always get injured :sad: On the other hand what Rosie said was true.

or maybe watch his Rally Tango Team. ;);););)

:lol: You make me laugh

Golfnduck
06-09-2006, 08:58 PM
It's always a shame when top players are injured. I hope he gets better soon.

Clara Bow
06-09-2006, 08:58 PM
That would just flat out suck. :sad: Although like Rosie said it may be best for his health to skip grass- but I would hate it.

I hate that he has an injury that made him pull out of the semis. I hate that a player who can play on all surfaces and does so well in GS may not be at Wimbley. And while I am at it I hate that David has so much talent and so few titles and I hate that his training effort sucks.

There- I'm now a hata!

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 09:00 PM
oh no I didn't realize it was that serious, then again I guess if it was bad enough to make him retire from a slams semi I guess so.

Hope he recovers more quickly than expected :(

oneandonlyhsn
06-09-2006, 09:01 PM
That would just flat out suck. :sad: Although like Rosie said it may be best for his health to skip grass- but I would hate it.

I hate that he has an injury that made him pull out of the semis. I hate that a player who can play on all surfaces and does so well in GS may not be at Wimbley. And while I am at it I hate that David has so much talent and so few titles and I hate that his training effort sucks.

There- I'm now a hata!

:bigclap: Welcome to the big boys club :lol:

Anyway, so sad to hear about David he is such a joy to watch and I really hope he can make it to Wimby :sad: Plz get well soon David, I hope its not as serious as he thinks and that he will get better quickly. I pray anyway.

Does that mean David skipping the warm-up grass tournie ensures that Andy gets the 2nd seed at Wimby

tennisgal_001
06-09-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't think so. Maybe, he will skip the entire grass season, but not Wimbledon. I think he wants to see FIFA WorldCup or maybe watch his Rally Tango Team. ;);););)

When he retired today I thought... "World Cup Opening Ceremony"... perfect timing to shower, give the press what they want, and grab the remote control just in time for the ceremony.

I hope he gets well soon... Wimby won't be the same without him that's for sure.

joyk
06-10-2006, 08:57 AM
That sucks,but he should fully recover before going back on court.

mandoura
06-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Get well soon David. :hug:

mandoura
06-10-2006, 09:04 AM

:yeah:

RonE
06-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Get well soon, David!

jazz_girl
06-10-2006, 02:26 PM
According to his doctors, he might be able to play Wimbledon, however, they will make a decision after making several tests to him. Right now he's in Argentina and needs rest for 48 hours. After that, he'll be able to practice, but not serve.
They don't know if it's a strain yet, if it is, then it might be a bit more difficult for him to play.
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/06/10/deportes/d-07501.htm

Argenbrit
06-10-2006, 03:38 PM
According to his doctors, he might be able to play Wimbledon, however, they will make a decision after making several tests to him. Right now he's in Argentina and needs rest for 48 hours. After that, he'll be able to practice, but not serve.
They don't know if it's a strain yet, if it is, then it might be a bit more difficult for him to play.
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/06/10/deportes/d-07501.htm

That's good news. He might be able to play if it's not that serious. I hope it's not. :hug:

DDrago2
06-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Nalbandian is so often injured in late phases of grand-slams. He becomes something of a fluke because of that.