Ljubo-"tell him he's getting on my nerves as well" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ljubo-"tell him he's getting on my nerves as well"

KarstenBraasch#1
06-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Serves the cheater right. :D :rocker2:

LoveFifteen
06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
What has he been given warnings for?

oneandonlyhsn
06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
What has he been given warnings for?

Taking too long btw points :o

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
ANOTHER KREAKIN POINTLESS THREAD :o :o :o

Gooood whats wrong with some people?? No ones perfect..

Maybe now i should start a thread called Ljubo, STOP WHINING!

KarstenBraasch#1
06-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Maybe now i should start a thread called Ljubo, STOP WHINING!
YES WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :woohoo:

LoveFifteen
06-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Serves the cheater right. :D :rocker2:

Cheater? :rolleyes:

Langers
06-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm getting really sick and tired of how long he takes between points. Ridiculous.

NYCtennisfan
06-09-2006, 03:25 PM
The scoreboard has been very close to real time all tournament long which has been great. If the scoreboard was correct, there was more than a minute between a point and the next serve twice in one game.

Doesn't really matter for this match although Ivan just saved two set points.

Allez
06-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Ljubicic has just thanked the umpire for giving Nadal a warning...

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Well, the violation would have been justified if they applied it to ALL players who take too long between points. But the fact of the matter is, the umpire just did it because Ljubo was complaining.

Otherwise, they usually let it slide. Because after all, how can a few measly seconds really change the course of a match? It's not as if he was faking an injury and taking long time outs. It's a few seconds.

If you play well, you play well whether your opponent goes over the prescribed time between serves.

Ljubo has been up to some gamesmanship himself trying to distract his opponent by being vocal and complaining to the umpire during the break, trying to demoralize Rafa. But it all comes down to the way you actually play the game, so we'll see.

KarstenBraasch#1
06-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Ljubicic has just thanked the umpire for giving Nadal a warning...
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D :explode:

supersexynadal
OMG he just told the ump "tell him hes getting my nerves as well" How ARROGENT?? I dont know if hes referring to toni cheering him on or taking time between points. GOOOODDD!!! HES ANNOYING

NYCtennisfan
Otherwise, they usually let it slide. Because after all, how can a few measly seconds really change the course of a match? It's not as if he was faking an injury and taking long time outs. It's a few seconds.

Really only Massu takes this long between points. Do you have to go to the towel after your opponent double faults? In any case, it won't matter in this match.

admiralpye
Plus, I think it's good that Rafa feels like an underdog. Less pressure, and he thrives on the feeling that it's "him against the world." Grosjean learned that lesson in last year's French Open.

mangoes
Well, the violation would have been justified if they applied it to ALL players who take too long between points. But the fact of the matter is, the umpire just did it because Ljubo was complaining.

Please remind me, how many other players on the ATP take this much time between points??

Clara Bow
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Well, the violation would have been justified if they applied it to ALL players who take too long between points

Now I'm a Rafa fan, but I have to say he takes too long between points sometimes. So I am sure the warning was justified.

betterthanhenman
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Interesting. You have to know how things affect your opponent.

In the long run, nobody playing Nadal will benfit from getting him even more pumped up.

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, not even Ljubo's snide remarks can prevent Rafa from taking a set.

Allez
This is just ridiculous. How much time does he needs between points ? Great point to finish off the 1st set though....

Deivid23
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS

:rocker:

R.Federer
06-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Marie Peace is the only player that comes to mind who has a habit of adjusting her hair, straightening her clothes, looking at her support box, going into meditation, closing her eyes, opening her eyes and then preparing to serve: 45 seconds later!!!!

Deivid23
Given Federerīs luck donīt be surprised if Nadal gets two more warnings and heīs defaulted :lol:

bokehlicious
It's fully deserved. He often takes more than 40 sec. between kicking a new serve in. Even Pierce takes less time :o

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I agree, though, that rules should be upheld. It's just a bit hypocritical of them to uphold it on one player and not all. Pierce, anyone?

Guybrush
OMG he just told the ump "tell him hes getting my nerves as well" How ARROGENT?? I dont know if hes referring to toni cheering him on or taking time between points. GOOOODDD!!! HES ANNOYING

Yeah right. Let Nadal do what he want on the tennis court. He can even play with 2 racquets :o

Clara Bow
OMG he just told the ump "tell him hes getting my nerves as well" How ARROGENT??

Although I agree with the time warning- that is really quite poor from Luby. Luby asked for a warning and got won- why does he have to be snippy and flat out mean? Is he next going to say- tell him I don't like his outfit choices?

Scotso
Yes he takes too long, but I fail to see how that's "cheating."

People are just losing to Nadal constantly, so they like to grasp at straws.

admiralpye
JMPower, now you're exaggerating. I have a new stopwatch with me now, and it did go over, but by around 5 seconds. Please. 40 seconds?!?

R.Federer
06-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Given Federerīs luck donīt be surprised if Nadal gets two more warnings and heīs defaulted :lol:
Awwwww come on, we deserve to watch a final!
Also, speaking of luck, wasn't it just 2 days ago in the qtrs that nadal didn't have to finish a match because of retirement? Seems he was also very lucky there

supersexynadal
Nadal got a warning so stop WHINING :mad: He has 0 seconds so whether he uses 1 or 19 its HIS business :mad:

oneandonlyhsn
Ljubo :rocker: snarky :devil:

Deivid23
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Awwwww come on, we deserve to watch a final!
Also, speaking of luck, wasn't it just 2 days ago in the qtrs that nadal didn't have to finish a match because of retirement? Seems he was also very lucky there

Roger would have lost that match had David not been injured ;)

bokehlicious
06-09-2006, 03:35 PM
JMPower, now you're exaggerating. I have a new stopwatch with me now, and it did go over, but by around 5 seconds. Please. 40 seconds?!?

On the warning point, yes :)

oneandonlyhsn
Yeah but taking 40 seconds is too much, Rafa is turning into Mary Pierce :lol:

R.Federer
Roger would have lost that match had David not being injured ;) They were even at the time david called the trainer, and Roger was leading when david retired .....
Nole would have won the match too, in 5, if he hadn't retired ;)

g35-great
06-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Nadal got a warning so stop WHINING :mad: He has 0 seconds so whether he uses 1 or 19 its HIS business :mad:

and they both are the ones playing the match so its their business !!! now tell me why do u have to waste the space by opening a new thread for it :rolleyes:

bokehlicious
Roger would have lost that match had David not being injured ;)

:yeah: Fact is Roger's already in the final :cool: ... We're still waiting for Nadal ;)

R.Federer
Ljubo is playing into raf's hands if he complains so much. there is no need to incite him
Yes, he should shorten the time between points but making a gesture once is probably enough, and rest should be left to the umpire

admiralpye
I'm again timing Nadal's serves -- all of it bec of a bet with a friend. I've paid him 300 pesos already. BUT it doesn't reach 40 seconds.

mangoes
06-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Marie Peace is the only player that comes to mind who has a habit of adjusting her hair, straightening her clothes, looking at her support box, going into meditation, closing her eyes, opening her eyes and then preparing to serve: 45 seconds later!!!!

:haha: :haha: She really does do that :lol: :lol: As I read your post, I pictured the process :lol:

scoobs
Gentlemen prefer blondes :)

Deivid23
They were even at the time david called the trainer, and Roger was leading when david retired .....
Nole would have won the match too, in 5, if he hadn't retired ;)

David felt the pain in mid 2nd set but hey, keep living in Dream Land :hug:

TheMightyFed
Nadal takes his time to do his rituals:
-socks check
-underwear check
-removing the clay from his shoes
-arms wiping
-staring at the opponent

Is all that really necessary ? Not sure... keep the ass-picking if you want but spare us the rest...

oneandonlyhsn
06-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Gentlemen prefer blondes :)

Well I dont know if she is a natural :o

BlakeJamitis
06-09-2006, 03:38 PM

:rolls: :bigclap: TRUE! TRUE! TRUE!

jenanun
06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Nadal another warning - YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Serves the cheater right. :D :rocker2:

Are you eight?

g35-great

yup and your mom would have been a guy if she dint give birth to a d!*k like you :rolleyes:

marifline
:lol::lol::lol:

Plus, I think it's good that Rafa feels like an underdog. Less pressure, and he thrives on the feeling that it's "him against the world." Grosjean learned that lesson in last year's French Open.
Yes and Grosjean took the set :)

Scotso
Ivan likes to complain. No surprise there.

Scotso
Well I dont know if she is a natural :o

?

Of course she is.

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 03:40 PM
and they both are the ones playing the match so its their business !!! now tell me why do u have to waste the space by opening a new thread for it :rolleyes:
Tell me about useless threads.

Ugliest feet thread and Djocovic bounces the ball too much thread :rolleyes:

fooclate
Hahaha! the post by R. Federer about Mary Pierce's busy schedule made me laugh so hard! Were half asleep by the times shes done with her rituals! Lol good post

Argenbrit

Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. :p

g35-great
06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Tell me about useless threads.

Ugliest feet thread and Djocovic bounces the ball too much thread :rolleyes:

just because someone does it doesnt mean u have to do it also... tell me one thing.. just bcaz ur hero picks his ass every second in public... are u going to follow him and do it also :rolleyes:

Scotso
06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
just because someone does it doesnt mean u have to do it also... tell me one thing.. just bcaz ur hero picks his ass every second in public... are u going to follow him and do it also :rolleyes:

Just because boobs bounce, do you really need to post them in your avatar?

BlakeJamitis
06-09-2006, 03:47 PM
R. Federer, you made my morning. I was not really into it until I read your post about Pierce. I'm still laughing because it's so true. She actually does ALL of that!!!

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 03:47 PM
He got the frigin warning GET OVER IT! The chair ump is awake

nobama
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. :pOk why don't you speak some then. ;)

Haute
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM

But instead of adjusting his eyelashes, he's picking his ass. :lol:

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 03:49 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Yes and Grosjean took the set :)

Grosjean LOST, if memory serves me right. Who cares how many sets he took? The end result is Rafa was booed and jeered at and got rained on, Grosjean LOST and Rafa went on to win a Grand Slam at 19 years of age.

mangoes
06-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Nadal is really beginning to rub a lot of players the wrong way..........

marifline
06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Grosjean LOST, if memory serves me right. Who cares how many sets he took? The end result is Rafa was booed and jeered at and got rained on, Grosjean LOST and Rafa went on to win a Grand Slam at 19 years of age.

That's niot he point...:lol: no one could have doubt Nadal was going to win :rolleyes: But Grosjean managed to took him a set, whereas there was no reason, thanks to the crowd or because of the crowd.... yuu can deny Nadal should'nt have lost a set against Grosjean..the crowd reaction actually made him lose his first set of the tournament. Then logic was respected and he won as he was suposed to do..

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, mangoes. Such a shame, too. I agree he should be faster between serves, but he just doesn't seem a malicious player. Roger for one never had a problem with him. I guess he's just easy target now because everyone wants to take him down. Much like Fed.

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 03:56 PM
That's niot he point...:lol: no one could have doubt Nadal was going to win :rolleyes: But Grosjean managed to took him a set, whereas there was no reason, thanks to the crowd or because of the crowd.... yuu can deny Nadal should'nt have lost a set against Grosjean..the crowd reaction actually made him lose his first set of the tournament. Then logic was respected and he won as he was suposed to do..

I disagree.

Grosjean may have successfully distracted Rafa, but it also served as fuel and incentive for him to win the match. I think nobody at that point really believed he would go on to win RG. And if you thought back then that he would, then what a pyshic you are!

He showed incredible maturity for a teenager when somebody else would have crumbled in the face of that pressure from a home crowd.

NYCtennisfan
06-09-2006, 03:57 PM
yup and your mom would have been a guy if she dint give birth to a d!*k like you

:haha: :haha: :haha:

mangoes
06-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, mangoes. Such a shame, too. I agree he should be faster between serves, but he just doesn't seem a malicious player. Roger for one never had a problem with him. I guess he's just easy target now because everyone wants to take him down. Much like Fed.

Yea, but I have never seen this level of hostility toward Federer..........maybe Haas :lol: Roger plays things above board and the players respect Roger for such behavior............I don't recall Roger ever taking a time out while losing to break his opponent's momentum.......... And that earns Roger respect points........

Deivid23
06-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. :p

Truth hurts ;)

ys
06-09-2006, 04:01 PM
The Clown is cooked. He'll give up now..

marifline
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I disagree.

Grosjean may have successfully distracted Rafa, but it also served as fuel and incentive for him to win the match. I think nobody at that point really believed he would go on to win RG. And if you thought back then that he would, then what a pyshic you are!

He showed incredible maturity for a teenager when somebody else would have crumbled in the face of that pressure from a home crowd.

:haha::haha::haha: He was the great favourite wake up ! :rolleyes:

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
HAHAHA!!

No but at least if i pick my ass it will help me concentrate but you dont need jiggy tits in ur avatar.

An NO, i dont pick my ass or do my socks. In fact. I RUSH between points. I dont even like everything nadal does so shut up

oneandonlyhsn
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Truth hurts ;)

Shouldn't you be playing with your Mary Pierce Rafa dolls

R.Federer
06-09-2006, 04:10 PM
David felt the pain in mid 2nd set but hey, keep living in Dream Land :hug:
I watched the match. At 4-3 second set (which is the mid point of the second set) there is no call for trainer, and david is running pretty good ;)
I understand you would have preferred david against raf in the final..... but that's the only thing that is in Dream Land :hug: because the reality is that Roger Federer is into his fourth consecutive GS Final :worship:

LoveFifteen
06-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Nadal is really beginning to rub a lot of players the wrong way..........

Yeah, people who win tend to do that ... :angel:

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 04:13 PM
:haha::haha::haha: He was the great favourite wake up ! :rolleyes:

Whatever. Really? Everyone thought he -- a newbie at a Grand Slam -- would beat Roger Federer in the quarters in four sets? I DON'T THINK SO.

But then again, why do I bother? Believe what you want to believe, my friend. Your naysaying Grosjean lost in spite of his and the French crowd's efforts. And that's all the history books are going to remember.

It's no skin off my back. :)

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, mangoes, what I meant was, "everyone" wants to see Roger lose also. It doesn't necessarily mean they feel hostile towards him, but they are all out to beat the number one.

Same with Rafa. Except Rafa is an easier target because they keep underestimating him and get terribly frustrated when they can't beat him. :)

Bee
06-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Nadal up 2 sets to love now. :) Ljubo will be pretty frustrated ... probably hatching another complaint for the umpire ...

marifline
06-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Whatever. Really? Everyone thought he -- a newbie at a Grand Slam -- would beat Roger Federer in the quarters in four sets? I DON'T THINK SO.

But then again, why do I bother? Believe what you want to believe, my friend. Your naysaying Grosjean lost in spite of his and the French crowd's efforts. And that's all the history books are going to remember.

It's no skin off my back. :)

In semis it was in semis that Nadal won against Federer ot in quarters but no one can be perfect...you seem to be know a lot about tennis my dear I admire :worship: And yeah he was the great favourite everyone ( expet you) knew that clay was the worst surface of Federer and he has juts be beaten by Gasquet ( 2nd loss of the year...), whereas everyone ( expet you) knew that Nadal was the best player on clay of the season and that he had an awesome mental strenght.
As for Grosjean and the crowd, he took the advantage of having a crowd whio was booing when Nadal was serving ( just a bit annoying...) but the match was suspended, and the day after nothing went tthe same...

ExpectedWinner
06-09-2006, 04:30 PM
they keep underestimating him and get terribly frustrated when they can't beat him. :)

This is a bit of naive assessment of what's going on in the locker room, full of professional tennis players and coaches.

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 04:34 PM
In semis it was in semis that Nadal won against Federer ot in quarters but no one can be perfect...you seem to be know a lot about tennis my dear I admire :worship: And yeah he was the great favourite everyone ( expet you) knew that clay was the worst surface of Federer and he has juts be beaten by Gasquet ( 2nd loss of the year...), whereas everyone ( expet you) knew that Nadal was the best player on clay of the season and that he had an awesome mental strenght.
As for Grosjean and the crowd, he took the advantage of having a crowd whio was booing when Nadal was serving ( just a bit annoying...) but the match was suspended, and the day after nothing went tthe same...

And you seem to know a lot about spelling, as well. and smileys, too. Your sarcasm needs work.

I stand corrected. Rafa faced Federer during last year's semis. And as I recall although it was Federer's worst surface, it was viewed as his possible "turning point" since he got that far. And as world number one, he was favored to win that match.

I believe Rafa was only favored to win during the FINALS itself, against Puerta.

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 04:36 PM
This is a bit of naive assessment of what's going on in the locker room, full of professional tennis players and coaches.

I base my assumptions and opinions on the player interviews where they keep saying "Nadal is beatable," "i'm not impressed...," "It's not hard to beat him" or "I had control of the match..."

But since I'm so naive, maybe you could enlighten me.

I presume you have access to the player's locker room full of professional tennis players and coaches?

So please, tell us, what would be your PROFESSIONAL assessment, ExpectedWinner?

Rosa Luxembourg
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM

That's not why umps don't give warnings if the other player doesn't complain. The reason is that they don't want to interject themselves into the match or create any issues if there none. So if the player doesn't complain, the umps usually think they are ok with the opponents taking a lot of time.

mangoes
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
You know, John McEnroe just said the most funny thing.........he said that Nadal was complaining after the Djokovic match that Djokovic had faked his injury :lol: :lol:

This new generation, of players, is coming with a big full of tricks............

marifline
06-09-2006, 04:43 PM
And as world number one, he was favored to win that match.
No he was not, maybe 50/50 if you want...

I base my assumptions and opinions on the player interviews where they keep saying "Nadal is beatable," "i'm not impressed...," "It's not hard to beat him" or "I had control of the match..."

Who said that ? They were as naive as you are...poor guys really, they had lost their brain.... or they were trying to escape the pressure... the last one is from Djokovic no ? not very a good example... :rolleyes: Almost everyone say Nadal is the best on clay.

Langers
06-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Note to Lubi, stop attempting the drop shot, you couldn't pull one off to save your life.

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
That's not why umps don't give warnings if the other player doesn't complain. The reason is that they don't want to interject themselves into the match or create any issues if there none. So if the player doesn't complain, the umps usually think they are ok with the opponents taking a lot of time.

Yes, I guess that would be a better view of it. Thanks.

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 04:51 PM
No he was not, maybe 50/50 if you want...

Who said that ? They were as naive as you are...poor guys really, they had lost their brain.... or they were trying to escape the pressure... the last one is from Djokovic no ? not very a good example... :rolleyes: Almost everyone say Nadal is the best on clay.

Well, I guess you're "everyone." Because before Rafa won the FO last year, wasn't Coria the declared King of Clay?

Since last year, since you wanted to know:

Safin
Coria
Grosjean
Baghdatis
Monfils
Soderling
Mathieu
Djokovic

But what do I know?

I'M SO NAIVE, AREN'T I!

Clara Bow
06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
You know, John McEnroe just said the most funny thing.........he said that Nadal was complaining after the Djokovic match that Djokovic had faked his injury :lol: :lol:

This new generation, of players, is coming with a big full of tricks............

And John is a drama queen. Here is what Rafa said

Q. Were you surprised when he retired? Could you feel on the court that he was injured, so injured, to retire?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, I surprised, no. I surprised for maybe because he ‑‑ I saw him. He had some problems in the second, but he's still playing good.
But after, in the third, he begin, and I saw him and he serve a little bit slowly. So in the third point, I surprise because he say stop

…. Q. For a long time he was saying that he wasn't feeling very well. He continued to play well. In 15-30, were you surprised by what happened?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes. It surprised me. He was showing that he wasn't feeling very well, but he was signing to his back every time he lost a point.
So after that - but anyway, it's my fault. I was losing my concentration at 30-Love. But he continued to play. Obviously, he was playing. He was serving at 105, so it surprised me in 15-30 that he retired.
But I suppose he was not feeling well, because you don't retire from a quarterfinals in a Grand Slam unless you're not feeling well.

Billy Moonshine
06-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I say, take all the time you need Rafa!
They can only warn you.
Do what you have to do to win and keep getting under Ivan's skin.

ExpectedWinner
06-09-2006, 04:54 PM

But since I'm so naive, maybe you could enlighten me.

I presume you have access to the player's locker room full of professional tennis players and coaches?

So please, tell us, what would be your PROFESSIONAL assessment, ExpectedWinner?

Keep believing everything you read, especially if for half the locker room English is not even a second language.

Anyone with at least 1/2 ounce of brain is not going to underestimate the NO2 player in the world with Nadal's credentials.

They might not like his style but a professional can't deny its effectiveness.

g35-great
06-09-2006, 04:56 PM
HAHAHA!!

No but at least if i pick my ass it will help me concentrate but you dont need jiggy tits in ur avatar.

An NO, i dont pick my ass or do my socks. In fact. I RUSH between points. I dont even like everything nadal does so shut up

who the fak are u to tell me to shut up... u started a thread to argue about that big ass gay guy... now if u have balls (if u are a guy) or if u have boobs (if u are girl) continue to argue on topic.. i know when to shut up :rolleyes:

marifline
06-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, I guess you're "everyone." Because before Rafa won the FO last year, wasn't Coria the declared King of Clay?

Since last year, since you wanted to know:

Safin
Coria
Grosjean
Baghdatis
Monfils
Soderling
Mathieu
Djokovic

But what do I know?

I'M SO NAIVE, AREN'T I!

I was telling about 05/06 :rolleyes: do you really think a list of names can add anything as an argument ? You are really naive...ExpectedWinner is right

mangoes
06-09-2006, 05:03 PM
And John is a drama queen. Here is what Rafa said

Please, there is no need for this............John recounted a conversation that Rafa had away from the media.......... I laughed......and it was quite a "human" and realistic response.

I don't take everything said, from the players, in the media, at face value. I also did not mean my post to bash Rafa. Who cares if he thought Djokovic faked?? I thought Djokovic was faking:lol: :lol: but decided not to type as such because I didn't care for a ton of hostile reps............as I'm sure Nadal had to say the "politically correct" thing in the media...........

John is indeed a drama queen and like I said to the person who was watching this with me, "John should not have been discussing this on air........ :rolleyes: dummy"

Scotso
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
that big ass gay guy...

:yawn:

Clara Bow
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Please, there is no need for this............John recounted a conversation that Rafa had away from the media.......... I laughed......and it was quite a "human" and realistic response.

Ooops- I thought he was basing that on what was said in the media. My apologies. See - I'm as knee-jerk as the rest of 'em.

Langers
06-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Ljubicic the dud, talk about a brain explosion. 215k second serve. :rolleyes:

dkw
06-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I was thinking the same think... those sh*ts are distracting. Make them stop!!! The poor woman her chest muscles must hurt like hell.

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh my god i can't believe it. It's a Rafa-Roger final AGAIN!

Marifine I LOVE YOU! Your terrible spelling, insults and jumping to wild conclusions when you can't win the argument -- I love it!

I guess I'm officially a part of MTF now that I got bashed by some ellipses-happy joker like yourself! Here's a smiley. :) Here's another. :)

Oh, and ExpectedWinner: I guess no PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT from you then from the players' locker room?

Didn't think so. :)

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Ljubo must have been irritated not that much about Nadal's pauses between points, but with a feeling - that all the players share - that Nadal is not outplaying him on a quite fair way. It's not easy to put it exactly with what - it's a bit of this and a bit of that - but it comes down to Nadal not being a fair player.

But I thought before the match that Ljubo had no chance whatsoever. I'm surprised that he came close to taking the 3rd set - if he did it, who knows what would have happened!

Scotso
06-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Ljubo must have been irritated not that much about Nadal's pauses between points, but with a feeling - that all the players share - that Nadal is not outplaying him on a quite fair way. It's not easy to put it exactly with what - it's a bit of this and a bit of that - but it comes down to Nadal not being a fair player.

oh please :rolleyes:

Billy Moonshine
06-09-2006, 05:41 PM
what is all this fair player stuff about?
Are you all out of touch with the ATP in 2006?
It's psychological warfare out there and u gotta do what you gotta do to win!
Even Rogi does it in his own subtle way, the way he acts the part of King so well. have you seen facing Fed, that Masters Cup docu? No wonder noone believes they can beat him with that...sorry I know this is a seperate Fed bashers thread...
Anyway the long and short is fair play has never really been a real part of life, it's an ideal invented by Losers for Losers.
And Rafa's 5-1 h2h over rogi bears testament to that:
Dirty unsportmanslike baggy pant wearing Fiend 5: fair play smoking jacket wearing gentleman 1.
Keep on stalling rafa, it's doing u wonders!

admiralpye
06-09-2006, 05:43 PM
I think if Nadal had been an unfair player as many here have said, he wouldn't have pulled it off this long without getting sanctioned or suspended for more than just a time violation.

Sure, he could supposedly pull off a few antics here or there without getting noticed. But he's been number two for a year now. I dont think the ATP/ITF would be that blind if he has been as big a cheater as many suspect.

As it is, I still think what annoys players so much is that they are puzzled with Nadal's game. It's cetainly not as textbook and finessed as Roger's great shots. But nevertheless, Nadal pulls out winners against his opponents when they least expect it.

My OPINION is (and it's just an OPINION) many players see Rafa as someone talented, yes, but at the same time, someone who's extremely lucky. Especially in the way he retrieves the difficult shots and supposed-to-be aces, and how his seemingly "lucky swats" produce winners. And it can get under your skin, definitely.

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 05:46 PM
what is all this fair player stuff about?
Are you all out of touch with the ATP in 2006?
It's psychological warfare out there and u gotta do what you gotta do to win!
Even Rogi does it in his own subtle way, the way he acts the part of King so well. have you seen facing Fed, that Masters Cup docu? No wonder noone believes they can beat him with that...sorry I know this is a seperate Fed bashers thread...
Anyway the long and short is fair play has never really been a real part of life, it's an ideal invented by Losers for Losers.
And Rafa's 5-1 h2h over rogi bears testament to that:
Dirty unsportmanslike baggy pant wearing Fiend 5: fair play smoking jacket wearing gentleman 1.
Keep on stalling rafa, it's doing u wonders!

So you are against fair play. All right.

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 05:47 PM
oh please :rolleyes:

Ljubicic is a calm player and is never pissed off at the net after the loss. Against Nadal he was. He first hand-shanked the umpire and Nadal only afterwards. He left the stadium very angry.

ExpectedWinner
06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh, and ExpectedWinner: I guess no PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT from you then from the players' locker room?

Dude, the situation is worse than I thought. You are waisting my time. There is a reason why nuclear physics is not taught in the 1st grade. :D :wavey:

Billy Moonshine
06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
So you are against fair play. All right.

Yep. i totally defend my right to be against it and win at all costs.
As I said, fair play is for losers.
As Rafa will testify, dirty tactics are for winners.

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Billy Moonshine, thank you! You finaly solved my problem with finding my signature!

croat123
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
pushing the time limit is fine after long points. it's ok if it happens by accident. but when you intentionally do it over and over again, you have to get a warning. rafa has to speed up the time in between points, it's not fair to his opponents.

croat123
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Ivan likes to complain. No surprise there.
and you like to complain about ivan complaining :)

alfonsojose
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Nadal :rolleyes:

mickymouse
06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
He should have been warned a long time ago. Not only does he stretch the serving time to and beyond the limit, he makes his opponents wait for him and play at HIS pace. Just curious why it all happened at RG.

MariaV
06-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Is he next going to say- tell him I don't like his outfit choices?
:haha: :haha: OMG!!!! That's just TOO good Clara!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls: :rolls:

MariaV
06-09-2006, 06:01 PM
pushing the time limit is fine after long points. it's ok if it happens by accident. but when you intentionally do it over and over again, you have to get a warning. rafa has to speed up the time in between points, it's not fair to his opponents.
He DID speed it up in the 2nd and 3rd set. :)
OK, I must admit it is annoying sometimes, just like Massu. :o

MariaV
06-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Please remind me, how many other players on the ATP take this much time between points??
Massu anyone? :)

tangerine_dream
06-09-2006, 06:07 PM
If players don't know how to tune out other player's habits then they have no business playing with the big boys. Rafa taking longer than 20 sec. between points is not the reason why people lose to him or why his clay streak has hit 59.

More players should follow Roger's lead and just learn to focus on your own game and tune out the rest.

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Just to make clear what I ment, Billy Moonshine

zine56
06-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Massu anyone? :)

yeah Massu does that...A LOT :lol:.... but again he does it since he was a kid so it's not something he is aware of anymore... in an interview with a Cuban psychologist who worked with nico when he was a kid he said that was a thing HE added into massu's game... :shrug:

...i think Lapentti did that too right? :shrug: ...

Deivid23
06-09-2006, 06:16 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Still bitter bc some recent practical lessons about the players I gave you? :hug:

VampirE
06-09-2006, 06:25 PM
up to now i haven't seen anything more embarrassing in tennis than this service game where he got the warning. this was pure offence. all i hope is that federer will complain the very first time if that happens again in the final...

Clara Bow
06-09-2006, 06:41 PM
I do agree that the time Rafa takes between points does appear to be getting to opponents more so he should try to cut down the time.

If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that when Rafa was younger, Toni trained him to take time between points because Rafa was so hyper and taking time helped to steady him. I think he may have even advised him to take a towel, etc. Now it seems that all of this is second nature for Rafa, but they need to find some middle ground.

Unlike Ddrago and maybe some others, I don’t think that Nadal is really doing this to gain an unfair advnatage, because he does it no matter the score or momentum. Ergo- I don’t think it was devised as being a dirty tactic, but more an internal tactic (meaning one that would calm Rafa and not one that was meant to rattle his opponents.) But it is beginning to rattle his opponents, so they need to work on shortening his time.

Pea
06-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Ivan is hysterical.:lol:

robinhood
06-09-2006, 06:50 PM
So did Ivan really say the quote from title of this thread?

liisa
06-09-2006, 06:51 PM
taking too much time between points? :rolleyes:
Other players' complaining is pathetic..but I think I can understand that since they are just helpless and don't know how to bite him

MariaV
06-09-2006, 06:52 PM
I do agree that the time Rafa takes between points does appear to be getting to opponents more so he should try to cut down the time.

If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that when Rafa was younger, Toni trained him to take time between points because Rafa was so hyper and taking time helped to steady him. I think he may have even advised him to take a towel, etc. Now it seems that all of this is second nature for Rafa, but they need to find some middle ground.

Unlike Ddrago and maybe some others, I don’t think that Nadal is really doing this to gain an unfair advnatage, because he does it no matter the score or momentum. Ergo- I don’t think it was devised as being a dirty tactic, but more an internal tactic (meaning one that would calm Rafa and not one that was meant to rattle his opponents.) But it is beginning to rattle his opponents, so they need to work on shortening his time.
Clara dear, no point in explaining this to the morons here.
And as I noted, he DID take less time after the warning. :)

Castafiore
06-09-2006, 07:07 PM
oooohh....another one gets frustrated. :devil:
I'm beginning to have fun with these pre- and post-match interviews.

Come on, Ivan...be happy that you reached the semi-final of a grand slam instead of the whining and the complaining. You had a great French Open. Can't you leave it at that?

Castafiore
06-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Nadal was unconcerned by Ljubicic's comments, saying: "You've got to learn to control yourself when you lose a match, you can't just go about saying anything." :cool:

He added: "I've been on the circuit for many years, and I've never had any problems with anybody.

"I've always behaved properly so I'll go on behaving the way I behave, and I'm very happy the way I relate to other people."

And the suggestion that the other players will be backing Federer was also brushed off by the Spaniard.

"Those comments don't bother me because I'm relaxed," he said. "I know that things are fine, and it's not because Ljubicic says that that it's necessarily true.

"A lot of people want me to win, I'm very relaxed and I'm playing well."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5065980.stm

connectolove
06-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I donīt get it, Nadal was not taking that long! I lost respect for Ljubo, he is an idiot!

nkhera1
06-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Its ok Ljubicic pretty much complains about everyone after he loses. He said similiar things about Gasquet last year as well.

croman
06-09-2006, 08:49 PM
The Clown is cooked. He'll give up now..

You are a clown:And i hope Roger will kick that monkey's ass in final

croman
06-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Nadal took very much time for serving.What an unffair tactics.He is not a sportmen

Viken01
06-09-2006, 09:30 PM

i was just thinking about that :lol:

LaTenista
06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
:rolleyes: I have personally seen Ljubicic use gamesmanship in a match, taking an injury time out in the middle of a game and guess what, it backfired on him and he ended up losing the match. :rolls:

Castafiore
06-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Ivan is not a idot but you are!Shut'up.I hope Roger will kick that monkey's ass in the final.Nadal is a big choke.I'm waiting grass season to see him losing matches.GO everybody how plays against that monkey
I think that you need to look up what people mean in tennis when they use the "choke" word.

Tip: it's often been associated with Ljubicic. :angel:

Rex
06-09-2006, 09:47 PM
bullocks, complete bullocks, nadal takes a little longer than usual he gets a warning and everyone is against nadal???

Cervantes
06-09-2006, 10:00 PM
I just finished watching this match and I have to say I knew there would be a thread about this. And yes Nadal takes way too long between points. At one point after the changeover they were both already at the baseline and it still took almost a minute before Nadal finally served the first point.

Still Ljubicic shouldn't ask for a warning, that's just not done. However I do feel the umpire should do more about it. Giving one warning just isn't enough. If he continues to take too much time he should get a second warning, and so on. But it seems umpires are afraid to do this. It's just like delaying the game in football, referees give the yellow card but never the second for delaying the game.

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 10:08 PM
who the fak are u to tell me to shut up... u started a thread to argue about that big ass gay guy... now if u have balls (if u are a guy) or if u have boobs (if u are girl) continue to argue on topic.. i know when to shut up :rolleyes:

Yea i have boobs but ur avatars distracting enough so u can stare at that all day..
If u dont like this thread, make ur own nadal bashing thread and enjoy the comment. Nadals a monkey..Stupid pirates..Fed will win in 3....Nadals gay..his ass is huge....he choked on a banana. HAHA these things make u laugh dont they? your just JELOUS coz nadal wins and u know what? he migt lose on sunday but unlke u, i wont hate federer even if he beats him 10 times. I never rlly liked ljubi but i started this thread coz i didnt like something he DID. Not coz he looks ugly, not coz i dont like what he wears, what bananas he choked etc...

jenanun
06-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Ivan is not a idot but you are!Shut'up.I hope Roger will kick that monkey's ass in the final.Nadal is a big choke.I'm waiting grass season to see him losing matches.GO everybody how plays against that monkey

Nadal took very much time for serving.What an unffair tactics.He is not a sportmen

you are just so like ljubicic.....

btw, how old are you?

i guess nine....no?

Jimnik
06-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Everybody gets on his nerves. What do you have to do to not get on his nerves?

Uriel
06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
1. Nadal takes way too much time between points

2. Ljubo shouldn't had said that

3. the user who said Ljubo is an idiot because he lost his nerves (which many have in tennis matches) and told something that he was thinking, is a freakin baby.... other players bust their racquets, ljubo says what he is thinking .. big deal

4. Ljubo gets on my nerves sometimes with his outbursts, but then again, I also like him because of them :) I mean, c'mon ... if you try to imagine how it all happend... "tell him he's getting on my nerves as well" :lol: .. I find it funny :)

tennismaster882001
06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
It's so funny to see so many of you feeling hurt by the things that Ivan says, If he wouldn't say anything then what would you be doing now? You'd be bored, having no one to attack! Do you think that it's so hypocrite to say that Ivan is an idiot, that nobody cares what he says and then to post it everytime there's a thread about any of his interviews! If you don't care then ignore it! And if you care then accept that it might be truth!

NYCtennisfan
06-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Still bitter bc some recent practical lessons about the players I gave you?

You're such a sweetie-pie Sparky.

Allez
06-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Rafa's response to Ljuicic's (justified) criticisms of Nadal's delaying tactics and his suggestion that everyone is backing Roger

"You've got to learn to control yourself when you lose a match, you can't just go about saying anything."

"Those comments don't bother me because I'm relaxed,". "I know that things are fine, and it's not because Ljubicic says that that it's necessarily true.

"A lot of people want me to win, I'm very relaxed and I'm playing well."

Here's the rest of the interview...

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2006-06-09/200606091149877597982.html

Clara Bow
06-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Oh goody, another baiting thread.

Okay- I get it, Luby is an ass- according to some. Rafa is an ass- according to others. Yahoo!

Lately, it has gotten more and more about doing he said/he said in here. In large part the media is baiting it. But still- there is not enough talk about tennis- more and more threads trying to get a rise in a couple of people. I guess that it is good that there is so much passion about the game, but still....

See ya guys in a couple of weeks.

Castafiore
06-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Why start a new thread for this? Not enough Ljubicic/Nadal threads for you?

This was already posted in another thread.

And your title thread is dumb and an attempt to provoke.
Rafa didn't say that. There's a big difference between saying "a person is out of control" and "you need to be more in control when you lose"

Skyward
06-10-2006, 12:01 AM
:retard:

Lee
06-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Why start a new thread for this? Not enough Ljubicic/Nadal threads for you?

It's not enough because the other thread doesn't bash Nadal. The other thread doesn't twist what Nadal said. Does anywhere in that interview say Ljubicic is out of control. Of course not. But it's not to the thread starter's satisfaction until he/she twisted the logic.

El Legenda
06-10-2006, 12:13 AM
If Nadal said this, is he stupid, he got warned by the ump. its not like Ivan was telling the ump to warn nadal.

Bad Religion
06-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Ivan doesn't know to lose . Simply, he doesnīt have class

Well done Rafa against the real number 2 of the world and number 1 idiot of ATP .

Scotso
06-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Rafa was pretty tame in his comments. I probably wouldn't have been so nice.

Corey Feldman
06-10-2006, 01:05 AM
all these little cracks appearing in the Nadal camp thesedays..
lovely jubbly :rolls:

Scotso
06-10-2006, 01:09 AM
all these little cracks appearing in the Nadal camp thesedays..
lovely jubbly :rolls:

uhm?

Sjengster
06-10-2006, 01:15 AM
A phrase popularised by David Jason as Mr Derek Trotter in the BBC sitcom Only Fools and Horses.

Lopaka
06-10-2006, 01:16 AM
:sad: Ah, Ivan some of us thought you had class.

You could not beat Rafa so it seems you are going to blame everything accept admitting he played a better match.

Spes
06-10-2006, 01:35 AM
No no drama. No no no no drama.

I would imagine that what Ivan said is true, but he had no right to go off and tell everyone. It just makes him look bad, like a sore loser.

It was his first Slam semifinal. He should remember it as a good time, not as something he shouldn't have said.

Corey Feldman
06-10-2006, 01:51 AM
nothing wrong with being a bad loser..
shows how much they want it.

mdhallu
06-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Ivan never shows class...I remember when Baghdatis beat him with sheer will power and determination he said that he thought Baghdatis played horrible and should have lost...he has "bald man" complex...and he knows his days are numbered since he's getting older...

El Legenda
06-10-2006, 02:41 AM
Ivan never shows class...I remember when Baghdatis beat him with sheer will power and determination he said that he thought Baghdatis played horrible and should have lost...he has "bald man" complex...and he knows his days are numbered since he's getting older...

yeah, he days are numbered, like Agassi, plently of game left, he has 3 or 4 top 10 years left

and what did Ivan say that it was bad? he agreed with the UMP about the warning and when asked about who would he like to see win the final, he said Roger, his good friend. OMG BAN IVAN FROM ATP NOW, how can he

Peta Pan
06-10-2006, 02:45 AM

ChloeLove
06-10-2006, 02:48 AM
Nothing wrong with what Nadal said, and Ivan always speaks his mind. Nothing new, it's what I expected from Ivan, he's always like this after he loses a match.

Jimnik
06-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Good response from Nadal.

Ljubicic may be out of order with some of his comments but it doesn't matter. Players can just ignore him.

PamV
06-10-2006, 03:19 AM

Maybe Sharapova?

I don't even care about the stalling as much as the extremely loud lamented grunting that sounds like someone is stabbing him each time he hits the ball.

akosijepoy
06-10-2006, 03:31 AM
I timed Nadal. It's consistently between 20-25 sec. It's really not that long. Conchita Martinez and Mary Pierce takes longer. And it's really up to the server to dictate the pace of the game to his advantage. Some like it quick some like to take their time. It's part of the game.

nobama
06-10-2006, 03:47 AM
I timed Nadal. It's consistently between 20-25 sec. It's really not that long. Conchita Martinez and Mary Pierce takes longer. And it's really up to the server to dictate the pace of the game to his advantage. Some like it quick some like to take their time. It's part of the game.It's funny how so many people time Nadal and all come up with a different number. :lol:

Bibberz
06-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Mary Pierce is definitely the worst. Rafa could take a siesta during the time she takes between two points.

I remember watching Rusedski a couple of years ago. After every service point he would towel off, touch both shoes, etc. Could just be my selective memory, though, because I really dislike him.

eddie_hyden
06-10-2006, 04:47 AM
Its ok Ljubicic pretty much complains about everyone after he loses. He said similiar things about Gasquet last year as well.

Well he's the 2ND RANK TENNIS PLAYER... he's not supposed to lose to anyone other than Roger. If he loses, that opponent must have been cheating...

eddie_hyden
06-10-2006, 04:51 AM
It's funny how so many people time Nadal and all come up with a different number. :lol:

yeah, don't they get it? nadal couldn't have been taking different times in between serves. it should have been a constant, exact minutes exact seconds every time.

gosh nadal fans are cheaters...

El Legenda
06-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Well he's the 2ND RANK TENNIS PLAYER... he's not supposed to lose to anyone other than Roger. If he loses, that opponent must have been cheating...
another :retard: we got here

Sam L (WTAW)
06-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Nadal you are a CHEAT!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sam L (WTAW)
06-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Tell the idiot off, Ljubo. He's so annoying.

liptea
06-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Personally, I like players who can't keep their mouth shut. I think they're exciting.

mdhallu
06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I thought it was very distracting during the match to hear the umpire's stopwatch going off on the speaker...so what if Nadal consistently takes between 20-25 seconds to serve. The other thing that bothers me is how people say that Nadal is cheating by taking extra time...first of all him taking more time was probably mercy to the 27 yr old Ivan, Nadal is one of the most physically fit people on the tour. The reason I believe he takes the extra time is simply to not rush himself and to concentrate. I hope that one Sunday's match the umpire doesn't bring out his stupid little timer every few minutes..the 25 second rule is meant to prevent players from being excessive and taking say 40 seconds each point...LET THE PLAYERS PLAY!!

seven
06-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Ljubicic is such a sore loser, heīs the one with bad sportsmanship :fiery:
Nadal never does that to irritate his opponents :cuckoo:
Btw, Ljubicic lost, because he just had no chance against Nadal on clay, thatīs what pissed him off, and now heīs coming up with stuff like I hope Fed beats him, thatīs so obvious :rolleyes:
And now the Fedfans support that, because they just canīt accept, Nadal beat him a couple of times :rolleyes:

Castafiore
06-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Rafael Nadal has learned to take his time in between points because he used to rush into the points. We've all seen how much energy Rafael has, he needed to learn to control that energy to get focused. That's why he needs time and I believe that's why uncle Toni got upset with the umpire, I think. (even though uncle Toni shouldn't have said anything about it in the media IMO).

So, sometimes he exceeds the time given and he gets a warning now and again (two this RG - two out of all the matches he played - 2 - and one of those players (Hewitt) didn't even have a problem with it).

Every player gets a certain time to prepare himself and every opponent of Rafa should know beforehand that he will take that time.
You need patience to play against Rafael Nadal and many of the players have shown they haven't got enough of it.
One of the reasons why Hewitt plays good matches against Rafa is that he is very patient - if a match is played in three sets, fine - if he has to play 5 sets, that's OK too.

A player like Ivan could learn a trick or two from Nadal on how to focus on yourself and your own game: maybe it would help him to play the important points in the important matches better instead. Focus on his own game instead of letting the other player frustrate him over little things.

croman
06-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Tell the idiot off, Ljubo. He's so annoying.
That's right

supersexynadal
06-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I think im right afterall.... Im not surprised that ljubo complained about the serve in BOTH match points.He was booed both times. Its obious. People who liked what ljubo did are obiously wanting anything bad to happen to Nadal. He got the warning the first time, Ljubo didnt need to complain more after that coz HE was wasting time.

Yergeht Fladnag
06-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Nadal is going on my nerves too, and I would very much like that Fedex kicks his ass well on Sunday. :mad:

supersexynadal
06-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Dude u couldnthave expected ivan to win.

El Legenda
06-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I think im right afterall.... Im not surprised that ljubo complained about the serve in BOTH match points.He was booed both times. Its obious. People who liked what ljubo did are obiously wanting anything bad to happen to Nadal. He got the warning the first time, Ljubo didnt need to complain more after that coz HE was wasting time.

:haha: :retard: ivan didnt get booed about asking the umo to check the calls, they were booing, because they agreed with Ivan.

MariaV
06-10-2006, 07:56 PM
It's funny how so many people time Nadal and all come up with a different number. :lol:
Just from sporting interest now I timed too, and got usually between 20-25 seconds too. :) At the beginning he took more time but as he said the ump always hurried him up and after the warning it was always OK. BTW Ivan himself took more time too. :D

Castafiore
06-10-2006, 08:12 PM
:haha: :retard: ivan didnt get booed about asking the umo to check the calls, they were booing, because they agreed with Ivan.
Nope. They clearly booed because Ivan went up to check the mark.

But it's not a big deal really. Checking a mark seems to be enough of a reason for that crowd to boo. I think it's quite normal for a player to do that.

oschemi
06-10-2006, 08:40 PM

and you are a clown :mad: :mad:

DDrago2
06-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Nadal IS a cheat allright. He knows very well what he is, but pretends in public to be something else. He is like a guy who stabs you with the knife from the back, then takes your money, and than all upset and carring calls everyone to help you

mallorn
06-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Nadal IS a cheat allright. He knows very well what he is, but pretends in public to be something else. He is like a guy who stabs you with the knife from the back, then takes your money, and than all upset and carring calls everyone to help you
You're like a broken record. Do you think that if you repeat an insult a sufficient number of times people will think it's a fact? :retard:

DDrago2
06-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Do you think that if you repeat an insult a sufficient number of times people will think it's a fact? :retard:

No

supersexynadal
06-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Thats too harsh Drago Boy. Taking time between points isnt cheating. Its called stuff u get used to since u were a kid. If u think uncle toni told him "rafa take ur time so u can distract ur opponent" then YOU have a problem!! And dont forget about those "40 seconds" Remember those people who counted, calculated the time the crowd gets hyped up and dont stop clapping. U can expect him to serve then.

mallorn
06-10-2006, 10:26 PM
No
Bingo. People will think you're stubbornly spiteful.

mdhallu
06-10-2006, 11:58 PM
If you're gonna say outrageous remarks be able to at least attempt to back them up...why do you think he is a cheat? Is it because he likes to spend the full 25 seconds before he serves instead of only spending 10 seconds?... :confused:

Geniey2g
06-11-2006, 12:09 AM
LMAO!! Are you for real?? :D

almouchie
06-11-2006, 12:31 AM
whats the rule
after more than 30 seconds between points
a player get a warning
whats that verbal only
what happens after getting more warning
does he get points deduction
anyone knows the rules
thanks

robert6061
06-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Ivan gets a lot of flack for being so forthright in what he says but what he says is invariably accurate. Nadal repeatedly takes almost double the amount of time allowed between points and the British Eurosport commentary team have made it clear that the referee's office have decided to come down hard of his abuse of the rules. Do any of Rafa's fans find his time delays excusable and acceptable? They have also said that A LOT of players are annoyed about the delay between points. Ivan is not the only player to voice a complaint. To say that Massu takes even more time does not justify Rafa breaking this rule. You can bet the clock will be on him tomorrow. Go Roger!

mdhallu
06-11-2006, 03:55 AM
I don't really think that Nadal takes that much more time than other players...theres a lot of other players that between every point will call for the towel to wipe the sweat off their face or do other tactics that take just as much time but aren't as noticeable

People just need to find excuses to justify their losses to him...

heya
06-11-2006, 08:58 AM
It's only fitting that he and Federer are dear lovers.

supersexynadal
06-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Ivan gets a lot of flack for being so forthright in what he says but what he says is invariably accurate. Nadal repeatedly takes almost double the amount of time allowed between points and the British Eurosport commentary team have made it clear that the referee's office have decided to come down hard of his abuse of the rules. Do any of Rafa's fans find his time delays excusable and acceptable? They have also said that A LOT of players are annoyed about the delay between points. Ivan is not the only player to voice a complaint. To say that Massu takes even more time does not justify Rafa breaking this rule. You can bet the clock will be on him tomorrow. Go Roger!
Im a rafa and im telling u, we FANS dont like some things he does. Buts thats because we know hes not a god like some people see federer. We calll him thick headed on occasions, we get pissed when he gets shy in interviews and says stuff like "i have no chance of reaching the 4th round (that ws last year!) he so where near perfect but at least the things i dont like about him dont hurt anyone else. Ljubicic made nadal lose his concentratin and ou could see him try to rush points.