Federer analysis in Semi final. Final Hour > Nadal potential [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer analysis in Semi final. Final Hour > Nadal potential

hasanahmad
06-09-2006, 02:10 PM
In the first set he played like every other tennis player right now, Nalb is in top form and won it in 6-3 and went up 0-3, Then folks you saw while John Mcnroe calls him the best tennis player he has ever seen. He raised his game up to a level only achieved by Pete Sampras and Borg in the open era. from 3-0 down to winning the set 6-4 is an amazing comeback and then ripping forehand and backhand agian and again, Nalb got nervous with this high end tennis from federer and got stomach cramps...again when on verge of being tied down in a semi.

If Federer can play like he did after 3-0 down in second set, he may win in 3 or 4 sets vs Nadal, that was TOO good.

Agree?

avocadoe
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
i hope you have the right idea...Federer did play well once he woke up but Nadal won't get stomach cramps, if that is what it was.

hasanahmad
06-09-2006, 02:16 PM
I meant if Federer plays like he did after being down 3-0, it might be a short final. That moment was the PEAK of federer.

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 02:16 PM
It will be very different with Nadal. I thought Nalby will win this one, but I'm not anymore predicting anything. I have no idea what will happen in the final.

landoud
06-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Nadal not in the final yet...
Even if he is in the final, I believe Roger can win IMO

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 02:38 PM

Ljubo needs to play agressively and with no errors at all. I still think rafas favorite to win. hassanahmed u said he came back form 3-0. Remember that nadal came back from 1-4 15-40 and saved TWO CHAMPIONSHIP points against federer. Federer did this against nabandian who wasnt even playing his best in the 2nd and 3rd set

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 02:38 PM

Ljubo needs to play agressively and with no errors at all. I still think rafas favorite to win. hassanahmed u said he came back form 3-0. Remember that nadal came back from 1-4 15-40 and saved TWO CHAMPIONSHIP points against federer. Federer did this against nabandian who wasnt even playing his best in the 2nd and 3rd set. Hes mentally tougher than federer. Much more tougher than any player ive ever seen in fact

Oriental_Rain
06-09-2006, 02:46 PM
we talk as if Nadal is in the final already
I believe Roger can win if he believe in himself and stay aggressive
its all about conviction

hasanahmad
06-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Ljubo needs to play agressively and with no errors at all. I still think rafas favorite to win. hassanahmed u said he came back form 3-0. Remember that nadal came back from 1-4 15-40 and saved TWO CHAMPIONSHIP points against federer. Federer did this against nabandian who wasnt even playing his best in the 2nd and 3rd set. Hes mentally tougher than federer. Much more tougher than any player ive ever seen in fact

Nalb was playing the same as 1st set until 2-1 in 3rd set. And in Rome the 1-4 comeback, Roger started playing like in the 1st set, not Nadal notching his level up.

Chloe le Bopper
06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
:retard:

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Nalb was playing the same as 1st set until 2-1 in 3rd set. And in Rome the 1-4 comeback, Roger started playing like in the 1st set, not Nadal notching his level up.

Thats my point..Nadals mentally tougher..Nadal wouldnt have lost these match points if he was in feds situation..

betterthanhenman
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Federer can beat Nadal, of course he can. The important questions are:

1. Roger: 'Do you expect to win?'
2. Roger: 'Do you know that you will win?'
3. Roger: 'Do you know how you will win?'

Hoping and thinking you can win are not the same as knowing it. Nadal knows it. If Federer can say the same, maybe he will.

Allez
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately no one can keep up that sort of level for 3 sets. Roger is brilliant but to hope that he plays like he did in the 2nd for three straight sets against Nadal no less is asking too much...

Hagar
06-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I went home for lunch and saw a couple of games from Fed up 4-3 in the second until Nalbandian called for the physio.
Federer was absolutely awesome and I noticed how much he has improved on gravel. I remember the match he lost in 2004 against Guga. At that moment his movement on gravel was not great. But today Federer was sliding like he has never done anything else.

Federer knows exactly why he is at Roland Garros... to WIN it. And I'm sure he has done everything possible to be at his best here.

I think and I hope that on Sunday afternoon we will be able to witness A HISTORICAL MOMENT in tennis. I am convinced the French crowd will realize that and be on Federer's side. I am also convinced that everyone with a heart for tennis will grant Federer to lift the trophy.

fooclate
06-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi im sorry and i know this has no relation to the topic but i dont know where to post it! Im new here and i cant figure out whats Vcash?

atheneglaukopis
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Federer also played brilliant, superhuman tennis against Nadal at Dubai. The problem was that he couldn't keep it up for two sets, much less three. However, I still think he can beat Nadal, even without being able to do that, the question is...will he? I am going to be :bounce: and :scared: Sunday morning.