No audience - no semifinals [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

No audience - no semifinals

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 01:01 PM
BOth players, and expecially Federer don't give a damn about this match for now. Federer is irritated with empty stands, doesn't feel like playing.

alfonsojose
06-09-2006, 01:28 PM
i agree the feeling has to be odd for them. There are many empty seats :sad:

scoobs
06-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Glad it's finally filling up - it was embarrassing and really irritating that such a prestigious marquee match was met by rows and rows of empty seats.

As a major tennis fan I find that so frustrating, given I would have been there at 8 am if I could.

supersexynadal
06-09-2006, 01:38 PM
I bet the people have chosen to watch nadal instead. How many french people would bothe rgoing to BOTH?!!
Stupid swiss fans eating sandwiches. Cheer u fools

Monteque
06-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Please someone tell me why it was happened?
And how is it now about the crowd???? is it still blanc?

jazz_girl
06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
It's filling up, even DiCaprio's there now :lol:

Duncan
06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Not surprised. Everyone will be gearing up for the world cup which kicks off in a few hours

DDrago2
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Now it's much better, but unfortunately the match is coloured with that awfull begining - it is still low-key atmosphere... What a spoiler! It should have been much better atmosphere, these two players deserved it!

Monteque
06-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Just be patient for a moment, i believe intense crowd will appear as the set goes by....but not if Fed trying to crazy dominate like now.

Solid_Snake
06-09-2006, 01:59 PM
It's probably because the world cup starts today.

R.Federer
06-09-2006, 02:07 PM
At least 1 person in the auddience.... :)

The trainer is on for David Nalbandian and the pair have a lengthy discussion before the doctor joins them. Meanwhile, Leonardo di Caprio causes a stir by arriving in the stands accompanied by several bodyguards. Nalbandian is given a couple of pills and returns to the action.

RogerRocks
06-09-2006, 02:21 PM
maybe because 1 pm is the typical lunch time :shrug:

R.Federer
06-09-2006, 02:22 PM
maybe because 1 pm is the typical lunch time :shrug:
Naah.... all the past 1pm's they've been around. Its the darned World Cup. At least we know where tennis stands relative to soccer in France/Europe!!!!

Monteque
06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Naah.... all the past 1pm's they've been around. Its the darned World Cup. At least we know where tennis stands relative to soccer in France/Europe!!!!
I don't give such a thing to blah blah like World Cup is on the line. I like tennis, football, basket and of course i won't pass German v Kosta Rika but if Fed is playing, there's no left for others.....priority no.1 :devil:

*Ljubica*
06-09-2006, 02:56 PM
The empty seats in the lower tiers in RG are all sponsors/hospitality seats, and part of most of the Hospitality packages include lunch at 1.00pm. I remember seeing an equal numer of empty seats during the Gaudio/Nalbandian semi I attended there 2 years ago. The final days of Wimbledon are very much the same - after they stop providing the daily seats for queuers, the lower tier seats are often empty early on - I remember Tim Henman complaining once that there was "no atmosphere" for one of his matches because the real fans who normally sit low down at Wimbledon can't be there for the final days. As for them turning up for Nadal - there were an equal number of empty seats when he player first match against Djokovic the other day.

Scotso
06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Maybe no one cared.

Lisa1062
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
For atmosphere in a GS Final, nothing can beat 2001 Wimbledon Final between Pat Rafter and Goran. That was a Monday Final and what could have been a dud crowd wise was the greatest atmosphere I've ever seen for a GS final.

Since the final was a Monday, they sold all tickets on a first come first serve basis with no assigned seats. I remember all the fans running to get the best seats. No corporations, every seat was filled with tennis/sports fans who were cheering and waving Croation and Australian flags. Even Goran and Pat said the atmosphere was electric.

I have that match on tape. Too bad, we won't ever see anything like that again, especially with the covered courts that are coming.