Roddick needs to grow up (pics) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick needs to grow up (pics)

croat123
01-16-2004, 08:53 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040116/mdf448007.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040116/capt.mel11401160509.australia_kooyong_tennis_mel11 4.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040116/capt.mel10801160437.australia_kooyong_tennis_mel10 8.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040116/capt.mel10201160405.australia_kooyong_tennis_mel10 2.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040116/capt.mel10401160403.australia_kooyong_tennis_mel10 4.jpg

this time he blamed his loss on the sun according to an article on yahoo. he should grow up and get over himself...

Shy
01-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Well, he is young.

MisterQ
01-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks for those great pics of a great player, croat123! Appreciate it! ;) :yeah:

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Yea... nice pics :lick:

star
01-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Q: You lost your serve twice in the third set, it's pretty unusual for you.

A: Yeah, absolutely; it doesn't happen every day. It was tough on the one side, I couldn't really see, we were tossing it up right in the sun and he handled it a lot better than I did. It definitely screwed with me and I let it annoy me, which I probably shouldn't have, and he definitely utilised it and handled it a lot better than I did.

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 09:14 PM
god star, I can't believe he used such a stupid excuse to take all the credit away from David.

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Well at least Andy takes his frustrations out on himself (well and his rackets), instead of his opponents and host country in front of 30 reporters :scratch:

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Where is the picture of David throwing his racquet? :devil:

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Right here Becca!!

How are you feeling btw?

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/ap_photo/20040116/all/l1022009.jpg

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Woohoo! Go David :D You thow that racquet! Rahr!

Erm... anyways...

I'm doing much better. I stayed in today except to go shopping for groceries about an hour ago (mmm soup), and will stay in tonight to do some reading and follow scores. I have some stuff to do tomorrow and a party to do to, so I'm saving energy. I seem to be healthy though. Phew!

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 09:53 PM
LOL!

well that's good.. sounds like it's not the flu anyway!

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 09:55 PM
LOL!

well that's good.. sounds like it's not the flu anyway!
Nah. Whatever it was it went away by this afternoon. Which is good... it felt like I'd have a week long cold last night. I am a little congested, but nothing that will make me miss work tomorrow night. I also have to go to the computer lab tomorrow... I get to hang with the other cool kids who go there Saturday evenings :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Isn't the board so much better when we all get along? :devil:

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Isn't the board so much better when we all get along? :devil:

Yes it really is :)

and mmmmmm computer lab.... fuuunnnnnnnnn

Leo
01-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Well at least Andy takes his frustrations out on himself (well and his rackets), instead of his opponents and host country in front of 30 reporters :scratch:

It's fine that Roddick tosses his racquet on occassion, but it's dangerous when it hits or comes within reach of a ballgirl/linesman/umpire (i.e. RG '03). One time I remember he threw it at the court and it bounced up and almost hit the chair ump! :eek: Quite a bounce, I'd say.

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 10:04 PM
one would hope he would be more careful after such an occurrence.

well if I had my way he wouldn't throw it all but well, I don't have my way.... lmao

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes it really is :)

and mmmmmm computer lab.... fuuunnnnnnnnn
All the cool kids hang out in computer lab!

Havok
01-16-2004, 10:08 PM
um i think croat123 needs to grow up. ALL you posts have to do with either Roddick or something croatian:o

undomiele
01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Typical. :rolleyes: Roddick acting immaturely when he's losing....

I wonder if that aspect of him will ever go away???

I mean how can he be so fair to people during the press conferences but a total jackass on the court?????

star
01-16-2004, 10:10 PM
It's fine that Roddick tosses his racquet on occassion, but it's dangerous when it hits or comes within reach of a ballgirl/linesman/umpire (i.e. RG '03). One time I remember he threw it at the court and it bounced up and almost hit the chair ump! :eek: Quite a bounce, I'd say.

Bouncing it is one thing, but the full blown toss becomes a danger cause you never know what is going to happen once it leaves your hand. Gui learned that at the French Open.

As I say...... This is just one more reason to go to wooden rackets. :)

J. Corwin
01-16-2004, 10:12 PM
thanks for the pics, Croat

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 10:13 PM

I mean how can he be so fair to people during the press conferences but a total jackass on the court?????
In his defense, Nalbandian was doing it too ;)

star
01-16-2004, 10:13 PM

Guess you haven't noticed that he isn't the only one who engages in racket tossing and shouting on the court.

I could introduce you to a few others.

But to answer your question, people who know him say there has always been this dichotmy. Sweet and laid back off the court and fiery on the court. He's remarked on it himself.

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 10:14 PM

It's the way he is. I'm sure he'll keep maturing. Plus who knows what was going on during those parts of the match, maybe it was deserved.

And it's not like andy is the first (or only) person to make faces and throw rackets when upset :rolleyes: the time it almost hit a linesperson notwithstanding, does it really hurt anyone but himself? Who cares?

undomiele
01-16-2004, 10:32 PM
yeah but roddick does it every single time he's losing a big game (misbehaving not necessarily breaking his racket tho he does that a lot too) and its not as if Nalbandian smashed his racket (granted he didnt lose but I know for a fact that David doesnt smash rackets habitually) but I think its time he displayed a little bit more *class* in handling his frustrations in my opinion. I mean he's number one in the world! Set an example!

Plus it was an exhibition match... not the Wimbledon Final or something. :rolleyes:

Besides, everyone else in the top ten seems to behave fairly well on the court.. they don't have to smash the racket every time (or most times) theyre losing.

I care because everytime I see him lose on tv he annoys the hell out of me because he behaves like a brat!

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 10:37 PM
ohhhh david can be quite a baby on court.... hence why many people here use the :baby: that some people use with his name. And andy does not do it every time he's losing, only when he blames himself.

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Besides, everyone else in the top ten seems to behave fairly well on the court.. they don't have to smash the racket every time (or most times) theyre losing.

That's only because hewitt and safin aren't top ten at the moment ;)

I don't like to watch him either, btw. So I feel your pain. The racquet stuff doesn't bother me too much, though.

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 10:39 PM
ohhhh david can be quite a baby on court.... hence why many people here use the :baby: that some people use with his name. And andy does not do it every time he's losing, only when he blames himself.
Here I was thinking that people did that because they didn't like that he had the balls to call out the USO and Houston on their US favouritism.

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 10:40 PM
hmmm.... well maybe so, I don't know, since I've never done it myself and don't particularly have a problem with him lol. guess I shouldn't speak for the others, but David can be pretty whiny on court (and he clearly throws his racket too ;) )

undomiele
01-16-2004, 10:44 PM
but does he break it?? ;)

Chloe le Bopper
01-16-2004, 10:46 PM
bunk - the only posters that I recall ragging on Nalbandian before the Houston and USO comments are Star and Sjengster... but perhaps I failed to notice other people doing it. Or perhaps they just didn't post here at the time.

star
01-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey. I saw Guga break his racket once. So, I would think that just about everybody has broken his racket from time to time.

But, I don't really like the yelling etc. I particularly don't like it when players yell at the umpire and call the umpire names. ditto for the linespeople.

Deboogle!.
01-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Andre broke his racket during TMC and said it was better on his foot than the $10 million court ;) I don't really think that's the problem.... as star said everyone's probably broken a racket or two at times.

I just don't like it b/c andy plays like shit after he has a meltdown.

undomiele
01-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Thats hardly the point I was making. Guga, Andre, David may break their rackets every once in a while but Andy does it habitually when he's losing.
Not the same thing.

J. Corwin
01-16-2004, 11:46 PM
But, I don't really like the yelling etc. I particularly don't like it when players yell at the umpire and call the umpire names. ditto for the linespeople.

Ditto.

jrm
01-17-2004, 12:00 AM
all those beautiful rackets ...

ktwtennis
01-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Yeah, croat, your every attempt to vilify Roddick is getting old...:rolleyes:

star
01-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Yah really! Remember at Paris Masters during the Henman match when he threw his racket on the groud and it bounced back up and hit him in the head?? :haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Mr. Man
01-17-2004, 01:25 AM
um i think croat123 needs to grow up. ALL you posts have to do with either Roddick or something croatian:o
nah, There all about Roddick. He's in love.

Oh and MisterQ is right, thanks for the photos. :)

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 03:38 AM
Andy usually throws his racket..... I don't know that he actually breaks it that much. but again, so what? The only person he hurts by doing it is himself. If you don't like him, it would be more logical that you would WANT him to break his racket, because when he's THAT angry he plays like CRAP!!!!!!!!!

undomiele
01-17-2004, 04:38 AM
I don't care whether he wins or loses. Don't you get it? The reason why so many ppl dislike him (myself included) is because of the Andy-style histrionics. Its not an attitude I like seeing in tennis. I think it sucks that everytime I see him play and is losing he manages to ruin the experience of the game for me and that makes me dislike him. Its not about the winning or the losing. I don't wish him anything above than what he deserves. You win some you lose some.

All i want is for him to do is take his losses like a man on the court. I don't get it. How can he be so congenial off the court yet annoying on the court? And if he knows this, then why isn't he doing something about it? agh. Its all so baffling and annoying!

He just confuses me. :(

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 04:57 AM
haven't you ever done stuff you can't control or explain? I know I do it all the time... I get the feeling he can't really help it or else he'd stop himself. b/c by this point he HAS to know that it's bad for him and that he plays like shit when he freaks out like that.

He's still growing up...this is the way I see him, and it is only my interpretation so plenty will disagree, I am sure. He was never prepared for this kind of thing. as he said himself about 294702794026 times, he was 10 minutes from signing with a college when Tarik said "no, go pro, try it"... he still says the whole thing sort of baffles him. People here think he's super-arrogant but he's really quite the opposite. He's still a kid in a LOT of ways and he's still growing up a lot. When he's 27, god-willing that he's still playing and playing well, I do not expect him to still act the same on the court. He's already made huge strides and is a lot more poised than he was just 3 years ago when he exploded (in every sense) on the tour...I guess I'm just optimistic that he'll grow up. And part of it, I believe, does have to do with his culture. He's American, we're competitive and loud and open and emotional. If you look at most of the young American guys, they're pretty explosive... Mardy, James, Andre at the beginning of his career, Mac, Connors... I dunno, it's just sort of the way it is.

i'm not even sure what I'm trying to say. Maybe I don't even have a point lol. I'm not defending his actions because, though perhaps for a different reason, I would prefer he did not yell and throw rackets and freak on umps and stuff too. I guess for me, I am optimistic about him maturing and growing up, in addition to the fact that there are so many things I like about him that it just doesn't bother me that much.

And anyway, he's lost plenty without freaking out. He only freaks out when he's mad at HIMSELF. It's not like he throws his racket when someone hits a winner past him.

Havok
01-17-2004, 04:58 AM
he breaks racquest/gets mad when he's losing only when he's playing with more errors than usualy, and below what he's capable of. if he's losing because he's not doing anything wrong, but on the other hand his opponent is doing everything right, he won't break racquets or anything. oh and also, bad line calls. he can't stand them:wavey: oh and another thing, EVERYONE gets pissed when losing, it's only normal.

tripthemighty
01-17-2004, 05:40 AM
I just thought I'd hop in and say that I agree with Bunk. I think it's unfair to expect Andy to play with the same level of maturity as players who've been playing for twice, three times as long as he has. He's amazing new to the tour, despite what most people choose to remember.

I particularly like the point made about the Americans in general. That was a good observation. I just thought I'd add that, to me, James shows his anger much more often, and in much more negative and inappropriate ways, than does Andy. I actually think Andy has come a long way in his court behavior. And it's helped him grow as a player. He's more in control of himself now. And thus wins more now. (Case in point. Compare the 2002 USO against most of the last half of the 2003 season. It's like night and day.)

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 05:49 AM
thank you tripthemighty, I''m glad you see what I'm trying to say. The point overall I guess is that Andy is just different. One cannot compare him to the calmer demeanors of people like Roger or Juan Carlos, they're just different, from different cultures.

Andy grew up a football (American football) fan... that right there should explain a lot ;) We have fathers here who kill other fathers after their sons' youth hockey game and violent riots when a city's team wins a championship. Tragically, violence and emotional outbursts seem to be connected to competitive sports at ALL levels in this country, to an extreme. Andy is a product of that and he's just got to grow out of that, but he's already begun to do that I think (and hope).

And yes, he is a full two years newer to the tour than all the other guys on his level. Two years is a big difference, especially for someone with a personality like Andy's. I feel like I'm seeing him grow up before us and I happen to love being able to watch it and participate :)

tripthemighty
01-17-2004, 06:01 AM
Andy grew up a football (American football) fan... that right there should explain a lot ;) We have fathers here who kill other fathers after their sons' youth hockey game and violent riots when a city's team wins a championship. Tragically, violence and emotional outbursts seem to be connected to competitive sports at ALL levels in this country, to an extreme. Andy is a product of that and he's just got to grow out of that, but he's already begun to do that I think (and hope).

This is a great observation. I think that explains a lot. Especially when one stops to realize that Andy grew up a Huskers fan. Which isn't some small American college football team. They are a Nationally recognized team. And their fans are not calm. Or peaceful. It's rowdy and chaotic, and I think it takes a while for a person to move from that into the maturity it takes to handle the ups and downs of tennis peacefully.

And, bunk18bsb, I have to ask what the 'bsb' stands for. Inquisitive minds must know.

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2004, 06:14 AM
While I am sincerely hoping BSB doesn't stand for Backstreet Boys, I would like to add that there is nothing wrong with Andy's behaviour. Showing emotions on court only makes people more interested in the sport (and this is coming from a Kucera fan, really..) and it is just a characteristic of Andy. And blaming the sun.. sorry but I don't see that in those lines. All Andy said, was that there was a nasty sun and David dealt with it in a much better way than he did. In fact, he blames himself for becoming so annoyed and he praises David for dealing with it so well.

What's the fuss about, people?

undomiele
01-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Now thats an explanation Im willing to understand. Culture. I had suspected it all along but I wasnt sure... thanks for confirming it for me bunk.

Ultimately though, its not enough of an excuse IMO. People shouldn't be given a free pass just because they come from more sport-violent cultures. And while racket-breaking is hardly the biggest crime in the world, its the name-calling the umps and the excessive crowd-rousing (in the US) that really gets to me. At times it can bother the other players (and it has) as well as some of the foreign fans of tennis (for example: me!) who aren't used to or dislike the American way of things. Please understand.

Now I can see where Andy is coming from culture-wise but forgive me if I just can't bring myself to respect him until he changes his behaviour on court. Fair enough?

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 01:49 PM
CooCooCahoo I'm sincerely hoping there's not a problem of what my screenname stands for lol. It's well over 5 years old and I use it for everything and haven't been able to get myself away from it for sentimental reasons (the bunk18 part is a long personal story). So yes the 'bsb' does stand for backstreet boys, if that's alright with you lol...I've been thinking of asking for a screenchange on here to bunkie or something since that's what people tend to call me, just haven't gotten around to it yet :)

undomiele, I'm not saying FOR SURE that this is why Andy is the way he is, I don't know him so I don't know. I can only speculate and go by my experiences as an American NON-sports fan lol!!!! I just happen to know a lot of people who are VERY competitive on the court/field/etc and perfectly sweet and charming away from the competition. One of my best friends from back in high school was a hockey player and it was night and day the way he acted on the ice and off. Scary, really!!

And it would be ignorant of me to deny it as at least in part a cultural thing. Even my dad, who's a very calm even-keeled person, very hard to get him riled up, freaks out when he watches football. When our hometown team won the SuperBowl 2 years ago, my mom said that my dad got so excited he jumped up and down and stepped on his glasses. that may sound just funny to you but you have to know my dad to know how COMPLETELY out of character that kind of behavior it is. But, that doesn't mean it's "wrong" - that's just how it is. if it prevents you from respecting Andy then so be it, but for some of us, it's actually something we relate to, and for me even it makes Andy seem more "human" and relatable and I really like that. :)

Kiara
01-17-2004, 03:35 PM
I agree with you , i prefer a players who wears his heart on his sleeve :)

star
01-17-2004, 03:50 PM
And, it's ok if you don't like it, Undomiele. :)

Not everybody likes the same thing.

I don't buy the whole "American" culture explanation completely. Safin acts up like crazy. Becker was a freak sometimes on the court. Nastase was the original bad boy, and he was a very bad boy indeed. On the other hand there are quiet and undemonstrative American players. Arthur Ashe was Mr. Cool. Of course, he felt he had to be. He didn't feel he had the luxury of acting up on the court. Todd Martin can get angry on court but it is rare. There are any number of other American players who don't act up as well.

And maybe American football fans do go crazy, but certainly they aren't more crazy than South American or British soccer (sorry I just have a hard time calling it football :)) fans.

lsy
01-17-2004, 04:32 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong about showing emotions on court but it's quite unbearable to watch when players start to scream or calling names at the umpires/linesmen.

There's a difference between showing emotions and being disrespectful, I feel. Of course off the court you can be nice, but bear in mind many people are watching while you're on the court, nobody deserves to be screamed or verbally abused right in front of millions audiences just because you need to release some frustrations.

I like Roger's view of bad line calls:
"...Line calls hardly ever bother me. I mean there is no way of winning discussions against the umpire, so you need to accept the decisions made..."

But obviously it took Roger sometime to realise that. He said he was once terrible on court till his parents are embarrassed to watch him, but look at him now. I'm pretty sure Andy will grow out of it too, he had certainly improved quite a bit. Of course for that I don't mean stop showing emotions, but more importantly stop being rude to the umpires/linesmen.

star
01-17-2004, 04:34 PM
I just saw film of Nalbandian at the Masters. He wasn't all that respectful either. :)

It seems to me that these things are going to happen from time to time, but it shouldn't become a habit for anyone.

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2004, 04:50 PM
I think it is better to judge people on their off court behaviour, because that shows much more of their 'real' personality.

As Nalbandian was really nice off court, I think that reflects much more of his real personality than his feisty on-court behaviour does.

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Bulk.. you are forgiven haha. I actually like 'N Sync AND Boyzone.. lol :) Never liked the BSB, although some songs were ok I guess..

star
01-17-2004, 04:56 PM
I think it is better to judge people on their off court behaviour, because that shows much more of their 'real' personality.

As Nalbandian was really nice off court, I think that reflects much more of his real personality than his feisty on-court behaviour does.

He was pretty fiery after he left the court too! He was pointing his finger and talking forcefully. Interesting the way someone tried to get the camera out of there. I expect that was the ATP.

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Really, Star? He must've changed rapidly, then..
When I 'met' him in Scheveningen, a Challenger, he had done very well the tournaments before that Challenger, but he was really nice. His coach said he was going to be the next best thing in tennis and guess what, he was right! :) I thought David was really nice and I have like a soft spot for him now..

undomiele
01-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Oh that documentary was bullshit!! They feature that atp guy who insinuates that Nalbandian was "too emotional" to know what he was saying about the tournament when Nalbandian definitely had some legitimate complaints about McIngvale etc.

It was funny. They portrayed the whole event as if it were a normal, happy go-lucky event with no kinks and controversies. ha!

Im mad they barely featured Coria tho. Bastards. :mad:

undomiele
01-17-2004, 05:09 PM
American football fans have NOTHING on soccer fans Bunk. TRUST ME.

When Argentina lost the last world cup my older brother locked himself in the car with a bottle of liquor and cried himself to sleep while listening to opera.

True story.

Howlman
01-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Nalbandian CALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give me a break..Mr Sour-Grapes is ALWAYS complaining about something when he loses.
I thought Andy's response about his loss was very respectful.....If you notice Nalbandian did not say ONE nice thing about Roddick..In a way it may be good Andy lost such a CLOSE match..He did the same against Henman and the next time they played Andy won. As for Nalbandian he has fiqured out BOTH Andy's and Federer's game. They BOTH just need to remember how they BEAT him before..
I don't like Nalbandian ..he is a great talent but he epitomizes the word "SORE-LOSER"

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Again, I don't see David like that at all, but I do agree that Roddick's reaction wasn't that negative at all. And every player feels bad after losing, so they both have the right to do so. Roddick was actually very respecftul indeed.

MisterQ
01-17-2004, 05:35 PM
American football fans have NOTHING on soccer fans Bunk. TRUST ME.

When Argentina lost the last world cup my older brother locked himself in the car with a bottle of liquor and cried himself to sleep while listening to opera.

True story.

That is such a great scene, it should be in a film!

your poor brother!

undomiele
01-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Yeah almost as tiresome as calling David Dahveed. :rolleyes:

Havok
01-17-2004, 06:31 PM
um maybe thats because his actual name is pronounced Dahveed:rolleyes:

star
01-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Really, Star? He must've changed rapidly, then..
When I 'met' him in Scheveningen, a Challenger, he had done very well the tournaments before that Challenger, but he was really nice. His coach said he was going to be the next best thing in tennis and guess what, he was right! :) I thought David was really nice and I have like a soft spot for him now..

Well, I am sure he has a very charming side.

undomiele
01-17-2004, 06:35 PM
so? last time I checked its spelt "David" in both languages. Since when do we spell things based on how theyre pronounced?

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 06:51 PM
I wasn't suggesting that American football fans were worse or better than soccer fans abroad, just saying that it's a culture of yelling and screaming and throwing stuff lmao.

Andy just reminds me of a typical American guy his age. I don't know how else to put it. Obviously there are Americans like Pete who showed his emotions QUITE differently (yet still showed them imo) and there are plenty of non-Americans who show their anger similarly to Andy's. Again this is just how I see it, no one is forced to agree :)

croat123
01-17-2004, 06:58 PM
for the record (and depending on what country you are from) david is pronounced "dabeed" now david, not dahveed (h's are silent in spanish so there is no point of writing one if you are spelling something based on the way it sounds).

i love how this thread gets so much attention from over-protective rodduck fans :p

Howlman
01-17-2004, 07:05 PM
"i love how this thread gets so much attention from over-protective rodduck fans "
Gee croat I don't see any lengthy threads about lubicic...DO YOU?

MisterQ
01-17-2004, 07:08 PM
for the record (and depending on what country you are from) david is pronounced "dabeed" now david, not dahveed (h's are silent in spanish so there is no point of writing one if you are spelling something based on the way it sounds).

i love how this thread gets so much attention from over-protective rodduck fans :p

It's a writing-out of the pronunciation in ENGLISH, so it doesn't matter that h is silent in spanish. "Ah" distinguises it from the way the "a" is normally pronounced in "David" in English.

croat123
01-17-2004, 08:14 PM
"i love how this thread gets so much attention from over-protective rodduck fans "
Gee croat I don't see any lengthy threads about lubicic...DO YOU?
because people don't tend to hate them

*cough*duck hunt*cough*

J. Corwin
01-17-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm sure there are Ivan "haters" out there as well. ;)

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 08:47 PM
because people don't tend to hate them

Maybe Ljubicic-haters have tact. What a concept.

Prophetic
01-17-2004, 08:56 PM
And it's OK, croat, if Andy never answered your fan letter. Try not to be too upset with him. He's a popular and busy kid. :p

Actually I have an explaination for you. I heard through the rumor mill that Andy ate one of croat's children, thus explaining the ill feelings croat has towards him.

star
01-17-2004, 09:40 PM
And Andy's gross burping too!

croat123
01-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Actually I have an explaination for you. I heard through the rumor mill that Andy ate one of croat's children, thus explaining the ill feelings croat has towards him.
:yawn: at least try to make it funny :o

Sjengster
01-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Tangerine, you have a gift for fighting stupidity with stupidity. It's all very well saying that "Dahveed" is a private joke, but since you seem to insert it accompanied with oh-so sophisticated "baby" emoticon during every post that features Nalbandian in any part of the board it would appear to be an ubiquitous, very public joke to me - and about as funny as enforced castration into the bargain.

star
01-17-2004, 10:18 PM
the humor in enforced castration all depends on the viewpoint. :)

Deboogle!.
01-17-2004, 10:24 PM
lmfao star.... I can't think of any viewpoint where enforced castration would be amusing...

J. Corwin
01-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I don't think anything that's forced upon could really be amusing...

MisterQ
01-17-2004, 10:35 PM
lmfao star.... I can't think of any viewpoint where enforced castration would be amusing...

Maybe like the authorities castrate you while you're sleeping, and then you wake up and something's missing! haha! :lol:

J. Corwin
01-17-2004, 10:37 PM
You'd need to be in damn deep sleep to not wake up during such a process. That is, of course, unless they freeze you...

star
01-17-2004, 10:49 PM

Well, let's say that one of the many lassies whose heart that rogue Sjengster has broken in his careless philandering way heard of his castration. She might possibly be amused. ;)

star
01-17-2004, 10:51 PM
And I might add that Sjengster many times on the cheering threads calls players mean and demeaning names that aren't nearly as humorous as Tangerine's :baby:

So, I don't think Sjengster is really in a place to lecture.

Prophetic
01-17-2004, 11:27 PM
:yawn: at least try to make it funny :o

that would require more time and effort than I'm willing to give.

undomiele
01-18-2004, 12:03 AM
It's all very well saying that "Dahveed" is a private joke, but since you seem to insert it accompanied with oh-so sophisticated "baby" emoticon during every post that features Nalbandian in any part of the board it would appear to be an ubiquitous, very public joke to me - and about as funny as enforced castration into the bargain.

LOL Sjensgster!!!

My point in mentioning Dahveed was that it can annoy people in the same way people criticizing Roddick can annoy Roddick fans. (And I don't think Ive ever called Roddick every obscene name in the book have I ?) And I don't think that option has occurred to tangerine. Puh-leaze. Doing it every once in awhile is fine but EVERY SINGLE TIME he mentions Nalbandian is just pretty damn annoying.:)
Thanks for pointing that out sjengster.

Havok
01-18-2004, 12:15 AM
well at least it's only like 1-3 people who do it, and not horrids of people. and plus his actual name was never changed, they just wrote it as it's supposed to be pronounced, what's wrong with that :shrug: and trust me, if there was a duck icon, you would see the name Roddick closely followed by the duck icon. oh and if you are getting annoyed by the Dahveed thing, welcome to our world, we just have it like 10 times harder, but you don't see us give a shit (to a certain extent)

undomiele
01-18-2004, 12:42 AM
To a certain extent?? what does that mean??
Im sorry but you guys do give a shit. Otherwise you wouldnt be jumping down croats throat for a thread you guys could just as easily have ignored. People ignore things when they don't give a shit naldo not take issue with them. As for Roddick getting shit what do you guys expect? This is the GM forum not the Andy Roddick forum. Its obvious you guys are going to come across people who don't like Roddick here so what can I say? Keep dealing with it.

As for dahveed thing with the emoticon I don't really care about that. I was just calling tangerine out as a hypocrite for calling ppl who criticize roddick annoying when he annoys david fans with his dahveed. Thats all.

Havok
01-18-2004, 12:53 AM
well croat123 falls into the certain extent. if you haven't noticed ALL his threads are either something croatian or something to do with bashing Roddick. this is something i've stated a while ago in this very thread. and case in point with ignoring things, how about the duck hunt thread??? in fact some Andy fan's even post in there to make it fun as well:wavey: oh and hold on a little, let me reverse what you just threw onto myself. you said you didn't care about the baby dahveed thing so why did you post in here commenting on it and saying its sooooooo annoying eh?

Deboogle!.
01-18-2004, 12:59 AM
tangy, now you're a kid and a male...

Are your hubby's initials MJ??

(Sorry babe, couldn't resist :hug: and apologize to Mr. Tangerine)

undomiele
01-18-2004, 03:12 AM
well croat123 falls into the certain extent. if you haven't noticed ALL his threads are either something croatian or something to do with bashing Roddick. this is something i've stated a while ago in this very thread. and case in point with ignoring things, how about the duck hunt thread??? in fact some Andy fan's even post in there to make it fun as well:wavey: oh and hold on a little, let me reverse what you just threw onto myself. you said you didn't care about the baby dahveed thing so why did you post in here commenting on it and saying its sooooooo annoying eh?

then ignore the guy! God knows I ignore the ppl I dont like in this forum! He was absolutely right when he said that roddick fans are the ones sustaining this thread (at least for the first couple of pages). So who's the fool here, the guy who posts ridiculous things (in your opinion) or the person who falls for the bait and responds??

*sigh* I said this before in my last post. Don't make me repeat it again. I commented on the dahveed thing in direct response to tangerines comments. If it had bothered me so much I would have said something about it earlier. :rolleyes: All I was saying is that I think its hypocritical that a person should think criticisms of andy roddick are annoying when I know there are ppl out there who think the dahveed thing is annoying. Pot calling the kettle black thats all. My point was if I/we lump the dahveed comment with the emoticon all the time as an irritant then tangerine should lump the roddick criticisms. Pure and simple. Capisce?

As for the duck hunt I rarely say stuff in that thread. I really doubt I ever had actually. Im sure its fun for the people in it but I like debating stuff out instead of making fun of players "just because" and thats the truth. I would appreciate it if you would keep that in mind.

Havok
01-18-2004, 03:16 AM
but i never acused of you saying bad things about Andy so:shrug:

undomiele
01-18-2004, 03:20 AM
First of all, I'm female. http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/otn/other/11doh.gif

Second of all, you'll have a valid complaint about my harmless Dahveeed:baby: 'hypocrisy' when someone posts the nth anti-Dahveeed:baby: thread in this forum. :rolleyes:

Until that happens, STFU.

Apologies for the sex change. ;)

You want a whole thread dedicated to yourself and your comments? Puh-leaze. The last thing I would want to do is advertise the dahveed
:baby: thing. It really is too lame a thing to dedicate space to, girl. Really.

¿esquímaux?
01-18-2004, 07:00 AM
And to think how long it would take me to save up for a Babo racquet :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
01-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Esquimaux.. think about the employment Roddick alone is producing there! All those new rackets that have to be made.. Lol :)

And why would anyone hate Ivan Ljubicic? He is really, really nice!