Viña del Mar Open will maintain in its place for 2007. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Viña del Mar Open will maintain in its place for 2007.

*Viva Chile*
06-09-2006, 01:55 AM
I think it's not a good idea. Viña del Mar is a more attractive city, at sea level where players who likes a very slow clay could perform. Santiago have a faster surface because the altitude. But reasons of organization requires to move the location. I couldn't find any official news for this change yet, but I will edit when I find it.

Julio1974
06-09-2006, 02:09 AM
you think so? Santiago has changed so much in the last years. It's a good way to promote it.

Fergie
06-09-2006, 02:26 AM
Not a good idea :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the differences between the cities, why don't you guys think it's a good idea?

+alonso
06-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Woah! I did not know it!
Wow, Yes Deb, Play conditions are different, Viña is at sea level so [Actually the beach is 1 block away from the court :lol: ] clay is very slooooow, bounces high, and Santiago is above the sea level.. Actually a lot! so that means Clay is faster over there!. Besides the heat is an extra thing to watch out before doing this, In the same moment Stgo could have 30°C and Viña 20°C :p Viña is fresher, better, more beautiful, lovely people, has it all .:hearts: . I think is just marketing stuff.
I like Viña to be the hoster, Stgo has already way too much attention in Chile

Sjengster
06-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Massu won't be too keen on the news either, I would imagine.... a longer journey for him to make.

robert6061
06-09-2006, 03:27 AM
Whatever the venue in Chile,Iwould love Eurosport to give some coverage to this tournament and also the other tournaments on the South American swing,especially Buenos Aires.
Vina del Mar sounds like paradise!

Deboogle!.
06-09-2006, 03:27 AM
Thanks Alonso :kiss: I thought people were suggesting there was actually a problem with Santiago for some reason, beyond the tourney or whatever.

shotgun
06-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Yes I remember reading some article on La Tercera a while ago, and the author was stating that the attendance in Vina del Mar has been pretty poor for the last few editions, especially on week days. So maybe they thought of moving it to Santiago where there is a much bigger population, so they won't have that many attendance problems then. It's a shame though, Vina looks like a great place.

Maybe Octagon/Koch Tavares could follow their example and move the Brasil Open from Costa do Sauipe to Sao Paulo or Rio. Don't see it happening though.

GonzoFan
06-09-2006, 06:50 AM
My only problem with this is that for next year I'll have to change my vacations days :( :lol: I think I'll go on vacations to Viña after the tournament :scratch:
Seriously, I don't like this change at all :( Viña del Mar especially on summer is a great city and many people go there and the tournament was one of the must go things of the city in summer.
Of course, here in Santiago more people will go but it won't be the same. :sad: I'll miss the tournament in Viña. :sad:

Action Jackson
06-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes I remember reading some article on La Tercera a while ago, and the author was stating that the attendance in Vina del Mar has been pretty poor for the last few editions, especially on week days. So maybe they thought of moving it to Santiago where there is a much bigger population, so they won't have that many attendance problems then. It's a shame though, Vina looks like a great place.

Maybe Octagon/Koch Tavares could follow their example and move the Brasil Open from Costa do Sauipe to Sao Paulo or Rio. Don't see it happening though.

Hmm, at least the tournament is still in Chile and that is something good. Imagine if Massu wins it in Santiago, whereas he couldn't win it Viña and Gonzo can't win it in Santiago as he has done in Viña.

Maybe you can contact Ion "Tennis Mafioso" Tiriac he can help with getting tournaments moved.

*Ljubica*
06-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Whatever the venue in Chile,Iwould love Eurosport to give some coverage to this tournament and also the other tournaments on the South American swing,especially Buenos Aires.
Vina del Mar sounds like paradise!
So would I - but somehow I don't think we have a chance :sad:

Thanks for posting the news "Viva Chile".

shotgun
06-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Hmm, at least the tournament is still in Chile and that is something good. Imagine if Massu wins it in Santiago, whereas he couldn't win it Viña and Gonzo can't win it in Santiago as he has done in Viña.

Maybe you can contact Ion "Tennis Mafioso" Tiriac he can help with getting tournaments moved.

Either way it would be better than Rios who never won the title, neither in Santiago nor in Vina, despite being a three-times runner-up.

Ion Tiriac and Brazilian politicians, that would be one hell of a fight. :p

alfonsojose
06-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Woah! I did not know it!
Wow, Yes Deb, Play conditions are different, Viña is at sea level so [Actually the beach is 1 block away from the court :lol: ] clay is very slooooow, bounces high, and Santiago is above the sea level.. Actually a lot! so that means Clay is faster over there!. Besides the heat is an extra thing to watch out before doing this, In the same moment Stgo could have 30°C and Viña 20°C :p Viña is fresher, better, more beautiful, lovely people, has it all .:hearts: . I think is just marketing stuff.
I like Viña to be the hoster, Stgo has already way too much attention in Chile
How high is Santiago? Bogota is 2600 above sea level and the ball is really fast :eek: but it's cold.

*Viva Chile*
06-10-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the differences between the cities, why don't you guys think it's a good idea?
Is like to compare the Rome conditions with the Hamburg conditions, both tourneys on clay but with very different speed of game.

Action Jackson
06-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Either way it would be better than Rios who never won the title, neither in Santiago nor in Vina, despite being a three-times runner-up.

Ion Tiriac and Brazilian politicians, that would be one hell of a fight. :p

Ion Tiriac and Eurico Miranda that would be a battle for sure :p

Action Jackson
06-10-2006, 01:04 AM
How high is Santiago? Bogota is 2600 above sea level and the ball is really fast :eek: but it's cold.

It's not as high and there might be plenty of smog there in Santiago.

They should have a tournament in a La Paz with a best of 5 final.

*Viva Chile*
06-10-2006, 01:09 AM
It's not as high and there might be plenty of smog there in Santiago.

The smog now in fall-winter is a real problem in Santiago, but in summer the problem is not the smog, is the heat :tears: In fact, the smog dissapear a lot on summer.

Action Jackson
06-10-2006, 01:13 AM
The smog now in fall-winter is a real problem in Santiago, but in summer the problem is not the smog, is the heat :tears: In fact, the smog dissapear a lot on summer.

Lucky, it's not Mexico City and as for the heat the players will be used to that coming from Australia, though it will be a drier heat.

+alonso
06-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Santiago and Chilean Central Valley is very hot in summer..

I live 250 kms south from there and I have between 30-35° C in summer.. It sucks :lol:
Santiago is even hotter than Talca

+alonso
06-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Is not that high as GWH said.
It's 2000 feet above sea level
Well, Santiago is an Ice rink in winter, min t° goes from 0° C to even -5° C.

NicoFan
06-10-2006, 02:05 AM
I don't like this. :sad:

Vina sounds so beautiful - I'm sure Santiago is nice, but Vina seems more unique.

shotgun
06-10-2006, 03:33 AM

Preferably with Murray playing the final. :lol:

Action Jackson
06-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Murray in La Paz would be good, at least the South American circuit exists and that is something beneficial.

*Viva Chile*
06-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Finally, Viña del Mar was reconsidered as the city of the chilean ATP tournament. :yippee:

(in spanish)

Municipalidad de Viña confirmó realización de torneo ATP

Una extensa reunión realizada esta tarde y que duró más de tres horas permitió ratificar la realización del torneo ATP en Viña del Mar para la próxima temporada.

En la cita estuvieron los hermanos Alvaro y Jaime Fillol, quienes son los organizadores del evento, además de la alcaldesa Virgina Reginato y el concejal Andrés Celis, quienes estuvieron junto al director de la Casa del Deporte, Javier Aravena.

En ese sentido, fue la municipalidad viñamarina la que confirmó la noticia, y además anunció auspicios por cerca de 50 millones de pesos, los que incluyen hospedajes, insumos y alimentación.

Además se mostraron dos anteproyectos que tiene el muncipio para la construcción de un court central en el sector de Sausalito, lo que permitiría que las versiones 2008 y 2009 también se realicen en la Ciudad Jardin.

+alonso
10-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Finally, Viña del Mar was reconsidered as the city of the chilean ATP tournament. :yippee:

(in spanish)

Municipalidad de Viña confirmó realización de torneo ATP

Una extensa reunión realizada esta tarde y que duró más de tres horas permitió ratificar la realización del torneo ATP en Viña del Mar para la próxima temporada.

En la cita estuvieron los hermanos Alvaro y Jaime Fillol, quienes son los organizadores del evento, además de la alcaldesa Virgina Reginato y el concejal Andrés Celis, quienes estuvieron junto al director de la Casa del Deporte, Javier Aravena.

En ese sentido, fue la municipalidad viñamarina la que confirmó la noticia, y además anunció auspicios por cerca de 50 millones de pesos, los que incluyen hospedajes, insumos y alimentación.

Además se mostraron dos anteproyectos que tiene el muncipio para la construcción de un court central en el sector de Sausalito, lo que permitiría que las versiones 2008 y 2009 también se realicen en la Ciudad Jardin.

Pero que bieeen, así me gusta, y sipo vayan auspiciandose con un court que no se tenga que armar.-

*Viva Chile*
10-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Pero que bieeen, así me gusta, y sipo vayan auspiciandose con un court que no se tenga que armar.-

This thread is too old :haha:

+alonso
10-14-2006, 07:45 PM
This thread is too old :haha:

pa que cachis lo que hace el ocio a veces po ;)

yap felipe me voy por ahi ma disfrutar de mi sabado de primavera wajajaj

chau