Novak looking for a new coach , splits with Riccardo Piatti [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novak looking for a new coach , splits with Riccardo Piatti

ezekiel
06-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I just found out about this , It boggles mind that any coach would refuse to work with him alone given his youth and potential :o

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-2215736,00.html
Djokovic recently split with Riccardo Piatti, the Italian who divided time between him and Ivan Ljubicic, to whom he is as much surrogate father as coach. Djokovic asked Piatti to devote to him alone; Piatti declined. That decision seemed sound yesterday when Ljubicic reached his first grand-slam semi-final, beating Julien Benneteau, of France, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3.

uglyamerican
06-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Ljubicic won't go forever. They might re-unite one day.

It's funny that Murray and Nole are now both looking for coaches. Who would you rather coach?

Saumon
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Nole! :p

Scotso
06-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah for real. Murray is so.... Murray. I like him, but being around him all the time would get me down.

Novak deserves a better coach. Who would pick Ljubo over him? :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
06-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Well.

We were all wishing for this, so it's an interesting move. He just needs a new coach ASAP because, he needs one still... giving Piatti an ultimatum is interesting... I don't know.. we'll just see where this goes.

Could this boy have done MORE while I was gone though? Seriously! So much to catch up on.