TV Coverage in US [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TV Coverage in US

caroocho
06-08-2006, 08:54 PM
I am not sure if this has been discussed before in this forum, but since I am relatively new I want to put it there.

Why is tv coverage so bad in the US? I mean this year they show just some stuff from the AO, then I don't remember if was IW or Miami but they stop broadcasting the match between Kuznetzova and Hingis, and coverage was poor, they had done a better job in RG but during weekend has been really bad.

I see that there is a lot o people here that live in the US and I go to my club and usually is full in the afternoon, that mean there is people interested in tennis. Why they don't care about us? and more important why haven't the USTA done something? I know they don't have any rights but at least they could complain, make some noise, move the masses, I don't know. I see most people here is passionate about tennis.

I have sent angry email to ESPN but I don't think they care much but if a big organization complain then it may ment something.

mangoes
06-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I think ESPN's coverage of the French Open has been very good.

sierra91
06-08-2006, 09:50 PM
I am not sure if this has been discussed before in this forum, but since I am relatively new I want to put it there.Welcome to MTF. You are not alone in feeling frustrated by the shitty coverage of tennis in the U.S. You might want to check out this thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=78468&page=1